Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

thats just bat boy !

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.

Well, Dr. Kellog, maybe we wouldn't be on this situation if you'd been a little less of a freak about cranking and yogurt, you ever think of that?!

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
As if they would agree that the rest of the world "attained civilization"

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
But that illustrated human doesn't have 4 legs per the second cited scientific paper

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Sentient Data posted:

But that illustrated human doesn't have 4 legs per the second cited scientific paper

Other two come 90 degrees out of the back. It so you can walk when standing or lying down.

Also capital T pose like an absolute champ.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Non Compos Mentis posted:

when he was the ghost writer for the cocaine elemental that was within him?

Didn't King say that he was so amped up on the cocaina that he doesn't even remember writing one of his own books, start to finish?

The 80's was good to that man :cocaine:

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Please don't post photos of my son online; I am trying to keep him off social media as much as possible. Thank you.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

White Light posted:

Didn't King say that he was so amped up on the cocaina that he doesn't even remember writing one of his own books, start to finish?

That would be Cujo. Reading it you can sort of tell.

Just by watching it, I also assume writing and directing maximum overdrive, but Cujo's the only one I can remember that he's confirmed that about.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

dr_rat posted:

That would be Cujo. Reading it you can sort of tell.

Just by watching it, I also assume writing and directing maximum overdrive, but Cujo's the only one I can remember that he's confirmed that about.

That being said, how long has he been dead was the most amazing gutpunch in anything I've ever read; like, I had a physical reaction to it.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Breetai posted:

That being said, how long has he been dead was the most amazing gutpunch in anything I've ever read; like, I had a physical reaction to it.

Yeah that felt like short story King creeping through. He's really good at those gutpunches.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I wish I could just "declare" things in a bar in Denver and people would rush to the papers to print them

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Sorry, no funny picture but if anyone is interested there's a dedicated Stephen King thread here

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3130206

Quadramind
Dec 8, 2011

White Light posted:

I believe this is kind of an embellishment of a throw away comment he made once. It's covered in the podcast Just King Things.

I just finished reading The Stand, with a small break because I really didn't feel like continuing with it while I had covid. Tested positive on July 1st, and had just gotten to the same date in the story :ghost:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Breetai posted:

So what's the catch here so I don't have to read a full book. google isnt finding what im looking for but if I want to purchase cujo I have a lot of options

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Milo and POTUS posted:

So what's the catch here so I don't have to read a full book. google isnt finding what im looking for but if I want to purchase cujo I have a lot of options

Don't spoil it for yourself. Honestly Cujo's not a long read, it's an afternoon at most, but you need to have read it for it to have the full weight of impact. It puts you in a mood.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Data Graham posted:

I wish I could just "declare" things in a bar in Denver and people would rush to the papers to print them

If you say the right things this can happen

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Or the wrong things.

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

Sentient Data posted:

"Toed", you skipped a line. MTG proves this scientific theory was, in fact, spot on. :colbert:

Bad Sneakers
Sep 4, 2004

me irl

Breetai posted:

Don't spoil it for yourself. Honestly Cujo's not a long read, it's an afternoon at most, but you need to have read it for it to have the full weight of impact. It puts you in a mood.

I read it in middle school and honestly the only things I remember are peeing in a bottle and the farting mailman. Maybe I should give it another go.

LookieLoo
Feb 10, 2011

Breetai posted:

Bad Sneakers posted:

I read it in middle school and honestly the only things I remember are peeing in a bottle and the farting mailman. Maybe I should give it another go.

How is that even the same story?

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Ugh yeah the sitting in a car in the middle of the day with a young child, unable to open or even crack the window part

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Quadramind posted:

I believe this is kind of an embellishment of a throw away comment he made once. It's covered in the podcast Just King Things.

I just finished reading The Stand, with a small break because I really didn't feel like continuing with it while I had covid. Tested positive on July 1st, and had just gotten to the same date in the story :ghost:

I am currently re-reading the Stand after a long while for some reason, after also re-reading the Dark Tower.

None of those books should be as long as they are, holy poo poo. There's just so much extra EVERYTHING. I liked them a lot back in the day, but my word. I still love 11/22 tho

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

-King Solomon

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

freeedr posted:

-King Solomon

thats a deep cut

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

captainOrbital posted:

None of those books should be as long as they are, holy poo poo. There's just so much extra EVERYTHING. I liked them a lot back in the day, but my word. I still love 11/22 tho

I was on a kick of alternate history books a few years back that included 11/22/63 and god drat. All the criticism of King may be right but the man's a wordsmith wizard compared to most writers.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I appreciate the discussion, but I think it's time for the King derail to end. Take it to the Book Barn thread.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

captainOrbital posted:

I am currently re-reading the Stand after a long while for some reason, after also re-reading the Dark Tower.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PJBm8ivIs0

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Penny arcade doing political comics now?

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

Penny arcade doing political comics now?

I know this is a joke, but also, Tycho grew up, became a parent of a neurodivergent trans child, and became an absolute firebrand writer who despises our billionaire overlords and the insane political cults they enable with the fury of a thousand suns. The comic is usually sensible-chuckle tier, but the news posts can be a thing to behold when he gets riled up.

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

That's cool, always nice to see influential people spreading the good word

Hm, there's not really a trans flag emote but imagine I posted one

for fucks sake
Jan 23, 2016

🏳️‍⚧️ Does Unicode work on the forums these days? 🏳️‍⚧️

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Kestral posted:

I know this is a joke, but also, Tycho grew up, became a parent of a neurodivergent trans child, and became an absolute firebrand writer who despises our billionaire overlords and the insane political cults they enable with the fury of a thousand suns. The comic is usually sensible-chuckle tier, but the news posts can be a thing to behold when he gets riled up.

Yeah, dude has Strong Opinions. Generally good ones, I would say!

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Guy also just looks like a cool dude, assuming his comic self closely resembles his actual self

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

oldpainless posted:

Guy also just looks like a cool dude, assuming his comic self closely resembles his actual self

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

pretty spot on, mike has real butthead energy

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

He's always been a very talented writer, I just think the targets of his ire haven't always been especially meaningful (because he's a videogame nerd)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
I sat in a hotel bar for like 2 hours talking to Tycho/Jerry in like 2007. He was a really solid dude with good opinions even back then.