Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Weren’t they trying this “adapt all properties, no matter how stupid” like 5-10 years ago when Battleship came out? I remember a Monopoly script about a capitalist transported to the fantastical world of Monopoly, where he has some kind of adventure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

I AM GRANDO posted:

Weren’t they trying this “adapt all properties, no matter how stupid” like 5-10 years ago when Battleship came out? I remember a Monopoly script about a capitalist transported to the fantastical world of Monopoly, where he has some kind of adventure.

I promise there’s an anime about this. I never looked it up but there’s a 0% chance this isn’t one

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Raskolnikov38 posted:

“dark universe”

Forgot about this attempt at a franchise lol

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
speech-to-text voice: Kenichi is a Japanese officework-er who when going home after a late night at his job gets hit by a truck and wakes up in magical world. Kenichi learns he has the power of unlimited bank which lets her buy everything he wants and she goes to town where he mets a girl named Elsa. The two de-cide to go on a date when a monster appears and destroys the town. Kenichi sees a-child crying and uses overpowered skill to buy property and built apartments. People are happy and celebrate the rebuilt city

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Goa Tse-tung posted:

wait Hulk and She-Hulk hosed? I thought they were related :gonk:

considering they're green from radiation that's probably the least of their worries

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

The Good Queen Clitoris posted:

RLM 2023: Mattel presents Major Mutt Jones died in Vietnam.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Gutcruncher posted:

I promise there’s an anime about this. I never looked it up but there’s a 0% chance this isn’t one

Kinji Ninomiya is a NEET who has amassed enough money through real-estate investment to fund a penthouse lifestyle without ever having to work. This changes when a portal suddenly transports him to a fantasy world where he quickly ends up enslaved to a mining company extracting crystals from a dungeon. Desperate for a way out of this new poverty, Kinji tries to regain financial stability by any means necessary, gathering himself an unusual adventuring party - the titular black company - in the process.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

I AM GRANDO posted:

I think the Barbie movie was in early development since that Battleship movie. It sinking probably put it on the back-burner.

DaysBefore posted:

Forgot about this attempt at a franchise lol

My favorite RLM running joke is when they remind people about this failed attempt at a cinematic universe.
They did a whole group photo for each character who would get their own movie before The Mummy flopped so hard it killed the whole thing.
https://twitter.com/ConroyForReal/status/1619767314534244353?s=20

Marenghi fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Jul 28, 2023

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Ciri gets an entire bottle episode of just wandering around the desert like Jesus and it’s not even on a different loving planet or sphere or whatever

it was pretty funny they had a month break inbetween the season in order to have 1 of the 3 episodes in the second half be just that

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Definitely not. I think there must have been all of one line mentioning Hulk's son existing because I don't remember it at all. There certainly wasn't any actual subplot about him.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Marenghi posted:

I think the Barbie movie was in early development since that Battleship movie. It sinking probably put it on the back-burner.

My favorite RLM running joke is when they remind people about this failed attempt at a cinematic universe.
They did a whole group photo for each character who would get their own movie before The Mummy flopped so hard it killed the whole thing.
https://twitter.com/ConroyForReal/status/1619767314534244353?s=20

Best part about that picture- it wasn’t even a group photo, they shopped everyone individually lol

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Gutcruncher posted:

It would be really funny if they adapted world war hulk but not planet hulk. Like you just have to understand that “the stuff that we did to make hulk mad totally happened off screen trust us”

Planet Hulk was basically abbreviated in Thor: Ragnarok. Given the massive change in tone and story that happened in the movie version, though, it is very hard to figure out how to make World War Hulk spin out of it. (Actually, no. It's dead simple. Something happens and undoes whatever Bruce Banner did that merged him with the Hulk mentally during the blip. Then you've got Hulk in full angry Hulk mode, and you have him tear poo poo up to the tune of $200 million in VFX while you bring in every superhero whose actor hasn't permanently retired to have a big punch-up fight with him.)

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
movie rec

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

when this was first posted i thought the lady was deuandra

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Think I remember hearing about one timeline where they've got a whole inbred family of monsters.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

RealityWarCriminal posted:

was at the hipster coffee shop today and two ephemeral black jewish palestinian lesbians were talking about how excited they were for the Mattel cinematic universe

no comment on the rest of the post but it tickles me to interpret "ephemeral" in the sense that you watch them suddenly phase out of existence halfway into their conversation and you just went about your day

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

It's a pretty accurate CineD post, they just need to be talking about how excited they were to be represented in the next movie.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

can't wait for the new MCU, no not that one

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

WeaponX posted:

Best part about that picture- it wasn’t even a group photo, they shopped everyone individually lol

Russell's hand. It's comedy gold.

If she's the one who's obsessed with him, how is he the deadly one?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

super sweet best pal posted:

Think I remember hearing about one timeline where they've got a whole inbred family of monsters.

Old Man Logan. Unfortunately we already got our Logan movie and no inbred redneck hulks to be found

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

can't even tell if that picture of the Hulk offspring is a real actor's face or not. he looks like a CGI'd younger Ruffalo

ah well, who gives a gently caress

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

lobsterminator posted:

In Witcher 3 there was the mention of Ciri visiting some very modern earth type place.

I’m pretty sure that was supposed to be a reference to the upcoming Cyberpunk 2077. :lol:

Kill All Cops posted:

it was pretty funny they had a month break inbetween the season in order to have 1 of the 3 episodes in the second half be just that

If you have an 8 episode season, and one of those is a bottle episode, you may have hosed up.

But in their defense, I don’t think the show was written/produced to be split like that. That was a Netflix decision.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Russell's hand. It's comedy gold.

During Crowe's shoot, he thought "if I put my hand on the chair, they'll have to put me closer to the center of the frame".

Then during Cruise's shoot, he thought the same thing. But he made sure to pose in a way that couldn't be moved anywhere else.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

But in their defense, I don’t think the show was written/produced to be split like that. That was a Netflix decision.

I'm sure the dream of all streaming services is to have a show big enough that they could air new episodes only once a month to ensure maximum subscription.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

lol i thought that wasnt gonna fit in the thread title

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
he called the poo poo poop

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Walking into the theater for my showing of Mr Poopie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQ0PMJp1I1w

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

As a huge ugly angry man, it feels good to finally see myself represented in Marvel’s Hulk. 5/5

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
just remembered alex kurtzman directed that tom cruise mummy movie lol

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Origami Dali posted:

just remembered alex kurtzman directed that tom cruise mummy movie lol

Our hero played by Tom Cruise is like a recon scout ranger for the army, and he uses that to go to archaeological sites in warzones, steal artifacts, and then call in air strikes on "enemy positions" in order to destroy any evidence of his theft.

The movie doesn't seen to realize that that's cartoonishly evil

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

I'm disappointed Blumhouse haven't done any more classic monster movies. Invisible Man was so good. That sort of production quality would work great for a contemporary Jekyll or Phantom

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Blumhouse presents: Blacula

I’d be first in line

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Doesn’t Tom Cruise become the mummy at the end of that The Mummy movie? Why is the mummy lady in that group shot?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

I AM GRANDO posted:

Doesn’t Tom Cruise become the mummy at the end of that The Mummy movie? Why is the mummy lady in that group shot?

They made Tom Cruise the mummy?

He should be Van Helsing. Then he's in all the movies fighting the baddies. Duh

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

PostNouveau posted:

They made Tom Cruise the mummy?

He should be Van Helsing. Then he's in all the movies fighting the baddies. Duh

I think he was supposed to be in all the movies fighting the baddies. Just wrapped in toilet paper.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
best thing Tom Cruise Mummy gave us is a kickin rad videogame tie in

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Sally posted:

best thing Tom Cruise Mummy gave us is a kickin rad videogame tie in

:wrong:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

best thing was the trailer without the proper mix that I was able to use in my sound design class for months lol

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Tom Cruise isn’t the Mummy he is the.. Runny

Cuz he is always running in movies, you see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I AM GRANDO posted:

OK, iirc the Mummy's powers come from being possessed by an ancient Egyptian demon, and at the end of The Mummy Tom Cruise lets himself get possessed so he can bring some lady back to life, but then he just doesn't have the bad part of the possession happen. Like, He starts to do the double iris thing but then is like, "No I don't want that to happen" so it just doesn't. And he ends up with all of the Mummy powers but none of the downside of being possessed by evil. And the lady, no longer being possessed, just dies. She becomes a regular dead person who is fully dead. I think they put her back in her mummy tomb, for some reason, so Tom Cruise could theoretically bring her back to life at any point. So maybe they were planning on that happening in future installments of the Dark Universe. Or even offscreen after the events of The Mummy, since Tom Cruise can bring anyone back to life no problem, so anyone who dies in that movie series can be brought back at any point. Tom Cruise and the lady could just show up in The Invisible Man and you would barely even need one line of dialogue establishing that Tom Cruise brought her back for her Mummy knowledge or something.