Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Grant will write an episode where he just makes up facts about birds, to see how frustrated he can make Brennan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
New Dimension 20 side quest on August 9: Mentopolis, which seems to be film-noir Inside Out. It's using a hacked version of Kids on Bikes.

The cast is Siobhan, Mike Trapp, Danielle Radford, and newcomers Freddie Wong, Hank Green, and Alex Song-Xia.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
That cast though

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

A wild combination of players, I can't wait.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Thought he'd be in it, Hank (are we spoiling the cast?) mentioned a few days ago on twitter that he was doing a big thing that would be announced later this week that he should excite-post about and promote but wouldn't be able to because Strike.

Also I feel like the dome projectors have gotten another upgrade. (Or maybe they're just using it better. Looking at this and ravening war, it seems like maybe they've got two monochrome projectors and they can throw a colour gel on each)

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Jul 26, 2023

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

I only hit up the spoiler tags because I figured somebody might want to have the option of going into the trailer cold.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Excited to see Hank Green doing a George Bailey impression talking about snake dicks

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Wanderer posted:

New Dimension 20 side quest on August 9: Mentopolis, which seems to be film-noir Inside Out. It's using a hacked version of Kids on Bikes.

The cast is Siobhan, Mike Trapp, Danielle Radford, and newcomers Freddie Wong, Hank Green, and Alex Song-Xia.

Finally a goon made it to D20.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

the set design looks amazing

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

The flat images spanning many triangles do make it obvious the dome isn't a dome anymore though.

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

double nine posted:

the set design looks amazing

Wouldn’t surprise me if they contracted a pinball table designer for this one. It looks like it’s lifted directly from one and I’m all for it

MikeJF posted:

The flat images spanning many triangles do make it obvious the dome isn't a dome anymore though.

Yeah, there have been behind-the-scenes bits where this is apparent. Considering the original dome was condemned by the California fire marshal just in time to screw over the finale of Sophomore Year, nobody’s taking chances here.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Six episodes, Kids on Bikes system, no physical battlesets.

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.

Magitek posted:

Yeah, there have been behind-the-scenes bits where this is apparent. Considering the original dome was condemned by the California fire marshal just in time to screw over the finale of Sophomore Year, nobody’s taking chances here.

Are you saying it's 3AM in a warehouse in Hollywood?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Anyone have any idea about when this would've been recorded?

Magitek posted:

Oh yeah, I know, I'm just saying it's really obvious here due to the flat images being projected. Might've been better if they adjusted them a bit so they looked like they'd lensed onto the different 'facets', to enhance the illusion. No big deal though.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jul 26, 2023

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Xand_Man posted:

Excited to see Hank Green doing a George Bailey impression talking about snake dicks

I really want him and Brennan to get into a fact-off. A bird-fact-off, ideally.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
If any game is allowed to be theatre of the mind, I guess it's this one.

DNE
Nov 24, 2007
Wow, what a prop, though. I'm astonished.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

MikeJF posted:

Anyone have any idea about when this would've been recorded?

September-ish, maybe?

https://twitter.com/fj_animations/status/1684257521819582477

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Hank going to out-fact Brennan.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

E: that joke didn't land and just felt creepy instead

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Aug 10, 2023

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Wow I can't believe Sam Reich gave Hank Green cancer

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

whydirt posted:

Wow I can't believe Sam Reich gave Hank Green cancer

Let's not jump to conclusions. It could have been anyone at Dropout

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

Realistically, if you're looking to blame anyone at Dropout, it's either Sam or Grant.

Anyone else either isn't subtle or doesn't plot against others.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
If it was Grant it would've been an STI

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Is there a sexually transmitted cancer?

Wait HPV?

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

bunnyofdoom posted:

Is there a sexually transmitted cancer?

There is for dogs

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

GUILTY!

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

I mean he is a horndog

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I'm just really wondering about that pinball machine thing because it doesn't look like set dressing. It looks like a game mechanic.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Kids on Bikes has adversity tokens, and the balls could represent those, but I'm more inclined to think it's instead an element of the story and the overall goal they're trying to achieve rather than a mechanic of the gaming system. Like the gems in neverafter.

There's a strong emphasis of the lighting in the table and the art

I'm wondering if it's rigged that we'll see parts of the city model shut down and lights fail as things get more drastic, or they'll be able to restore parts of it back to being lit up, and maybe parts of the brain working might give them different options. (Although since the company is Cerebel Pacific, it'd be more phone-like?)

The spinner is weird. It's green from -40 to 60, yellow from 60 to 120, and red from 120 to 240. And it has a pointer on it, and it looks like brennan adjusts it, so maybe it's more of a gauge than a spinner. What would range from -40 to 240? It going to the negatives rules a lot out. Degrees fahrenheit of the city generators, maybe? I feel like if it was that they might have dual system markings.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jul 27, 2023

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Here's hoping the next full season ends up being a return to Starstruck. Man that season and world was rich.

Got my fix of Crown of Candy with the limited series for at least a year or so.

New show is interesting. Nice seeing them pull in some legacy youtubers to the show. What a great lil' sandbox they built.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Here's hoping the next full season ends up being a return to Starstruck. Man that season and world was rich.

I think the Junkmother is my favorite NPC of any Dimension 20 season.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

MikeJF posted:

The spinner is weird. It's green from -40 to 60, yellow from 60 to 120, and red from 120 to 240. And it has a pointer on it, and it looks like brennan adjusts it, so maybe it's more of a gauge than a spinner. What would range from -40 to 240? It going to the negatives rules a lot out. Degrees fahrenheit of the city generators, maybe? I feel like if it was that they might have dual system markings.

I can't imagine he's portraying the ideal temperate of a body or a generator (i.e. in the green) as below zero on any scale, Celsius, Fahrenheit or Kelvin; so maybe it's to do with a mental scale of some kind? Again though, negative on a scale for health, mental or physical, which green would certainly normally indicate, would be weird. Stress levels maybe? Negative stress would be a good thing, and indicate relaxation, while high stress would be bad and a good consequence for the cast loving up in various ways, especially if they represent parts of the host's mentality as would seem to be the case.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Might be modifiers or something? Allows for a negative modifier on some check they want to be low? The system looks really interesting so I'm definitely going to check this out despite not knowing who any of the non CH people are

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Maybe the marbles we see represent the Tokens used in Kids on Bikes, and the overall rig has a way to randomize who receives them?

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
New season of D20 looks sick, really excited for it :getin:

I’m happy to see Freddie Wong in the (figurative) geodesic dome and I really hope it eventually leads to an all Dungeons & Daddies season of D20. Anthony has been on Um, Actually (as has Freddie) so hopefully they’re on their way to making that happen someday sooner rather than later

The 6th player would probably be either Ashly Burch or Jimmy Wong, but I would die of happiness if they tagged in one of the Hey Riddle Riddle crew instead :swoon:

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

I'm mildly surprised, given the devout fanbase, that D20's wiki isn't entirely fleshed out. You can find full episode recaps of basically every 2010-2019 show on various fan wiki's, wonder if they're just fully dead now that people can get their fix on Discord.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I think a lot of the recap stuff doesn't bother because there are full episode transcripts available instead.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

I also think it's to avoid spoilers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

CatstropheWaitress posted:

I'm mildly surprised, given the devout fanbase, that D20's wiki isn't entirely fleshed out. You can find full episode recaps of basically every 2010-2019 show on various fan wiki's, wonder if they're just fully dead now that people can get their fix on Discord.

It's a little more fleshed out than it looks, but for some reason, the front page hasn't been updated for months.

What I'm wondering is if it's a consequence of every Fandom wiki being virtually useless on mobile. You have to shove three ads out of your way to get to any actual information.