Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

thetan_guy42
Oct 15, 2016

murdera

Lipstick Apathy

Communist Thoughts posted:

He's lived in America for like 40 years out of 50 of his life.

This one is on the yanks I'm afraid

Mad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetan_guy42
Oct 15, 2016

murdera

Lipstick Apathy

Nenonen posted:

He lived his most important years in a country founded on white supremacy and violence on black people.

(also he was an adult when he left SA, he did it to dodge draft which is not something that a 10 year old would care about)

Mad?

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Mad?

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Nenonen posted:

He lived his most important years in a country founded on white supremacy and violence on black people.

That applies to both USA and SA.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

ELTON JOHN posted:

cool website

admin edit: tweet removed

Lolwut? this feels like it’s going to end badly for Elon

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

ELTON JOHN posted:

cool website

good luck making new friends in middle age, idiot

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1684979613196267546?t=DrjgjpWA06Dd9v6U-45SpA&s=19

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

congrats thread. you did it.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

last month it was at 0 users

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

TheMightyBoops posted:

If you have to say it like that I feel like you know too many pedophiles.

It's damning enough that he knows any, but quite a bit more damning that he's only now exposing them

I like to think that if I was aware of someone being a pedophile I would probably do something with that information right away

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

I'm sure this is because he got rid of all the bots so now real humans are rushing back to xitter in droves

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Consummate Professional posted:

last month it was at 0 users

lol its this isn't it

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

did he mean x users or ex users

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
'x monthly' is actually elon's zine about x, the everything app, that he has been publishing for 20 years now

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

so if i'm understanding the dom lucre guy situation, apparently he had a video of a naked child getting abused by some guy, went through the video and screenshotted a scene of the child being violated, and was saying he posted it because he was "celebrating" the pedophile in the video finally being arrested?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mr Interweb has issued a correction as of 19:43 on Jul 28, 2023

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Mr Interweb posted:

so if i'm understanding the dom lucre guy situation, apparently he had a video of a naked child getting abused by some guy, went through the video and screenshotting a seen of the child being violated, and was saying he posted it because he was "celebrating" the pedophile in the video finally being arrested?

If you're doing something like that wouldn't you just pull the guy's face or someshit?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
God, imagine watching that poo poo without just werewolfing out. I don't even like to think about it.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Mr Interweb posted:

so if i'm understanding the dom lucre guy situation, apparently he had a video of a naked child getting abused by some guy, went through the video and screenshotting a seen of the child being violated, and was saying he posted it because he was "celebrating" the pedophile in the video finally being arrested?
I thank god didn't see any of this but apparently he also watermarked the screenshot

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Mad?

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

shyduck posted:

I thank god didn't see any of this but apparently he also watermarked the screenshot

wrong. not evidence. you owe me 10 BTC

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

ELTON JOHN posted:

cool website

He doesn't need to X every time he turns off his monitor, smh

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Zeroisanumber posted:

If you're doing something like that wouldn't you just pull the guy's face or someshit?

He was posting about a case from years ago where the guy already got like a 100 plus year sentence. Most people who heard of it did so because Josh Duggar searched for that video back when he got pinched.

This guy trying to post through it is insane how do you not just quit the internet after that happens to you.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Groovelord Neato posted:

He was posting about a case from years ago where the guy already got like a 100 plus year sentence. Most people who heard of it did so because Josh Duggar searched for that video back when he got pinched.

This guy trying to post through it is insane how do you not just quit the internet after that happens to you.

He’s brainmelted. That guy thinks he’s a digital warrior.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Groovelord Neato posted:

Duggar should've been shot and dumped in a ditch. Frankly, you give everyone in that entire family a private confession booth you'd probably find enough to strap the dad on a rocket to the Sun too.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

years ago these people would just solely be ranting at people in a grocery store aisle and now they have thousands of followers and a paycheck from Elon musk

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
that's right

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

shyduck posted:

years ago these people would just solely be ranting at people in a grocery store aisle and now they have thousands of followers and a paycheck from Elon musk

concerning

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

shyduck posted:

well the price of groceries has gone up

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Mr Interweb posted:

so if i'm understanding the dom lucre guy situation, apparently he had a video of a naked child getting abused by some guy, went through the video and screenshotted a scene of the child being violated, and was saying he posted it because he was "celebrating" the pedophile in the video finally being arrested?

*Pete Townsend riff*

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

TheMightyBoops posted:

If you have to say it like that I feel like you know too many pedophiles.

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

this fraud is roughly analogous with VW's fake emissions scandal. the question is if there's enough evidence for judgements.

https://twitter.com/parismarx/status/1684569713203191814

https://twitter.com/slate/status/1684931584426688512

and this Doctorow essay is an all-timer:

https://twitter.com/doctorow/status/1684915450608824323

however Hellworld Theory holds that this means $TSLA will be at ATH before the year is out

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

per inverse integrated encapsulated activated engagement seconds

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Consummate Professional posted:

but but but the twitter files said

Will always be funny Taibbi self immolated for Elon Musk, worlds richest man, for absolutely free

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
actually matt taibbi cracked one of the biggest stories of the past hundred years (the Twitter Files)

you see, it turns out that politicians asked twitter to take some posts down, and in some cases twitter took the post down

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

They can’t call it the x files

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysqq0bZHv-w

3/10 not enough stumbling

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

The original Mr House was based on Howard Hughes so it's fitting. My favorite Hughes' anecdote is that he had a Spanish church transported from Spain before the civil war to San Francisco so he could use it to make a swimming pool. He didn't buy it, he just had it dismantled and transported to the US. That was shortly before the 1929 crash and when it became suddenly excessively expensive to rebuild the church for a pool, they just dropped the pieces in some SF park.

Toplowtech has issued a correction as of 21:19 on Jul 28, 2023

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

ELTON JOHN posted:

cool website

[tweet removed]

hello Musk thread. 16bbh, your IK, is on probation but has asked me to come into this thread and say to not link to this profile (twitter account @dom_lucre) because that guy might post CSAM in his tweets

I will now edit out the tweets that were already posted/quoted just in case

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

ekuNNN posted:

still a freedom of speech absolutist technically!
https://twitter.com/UltraTerm/status/1684833192124272640

Wait, didn't Elon announce that DM's would be end to end encrypted earlier this year (for paypigs only) and that he would not be able to see the messages even with a gun to his head?

Oh, he did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

vyelkin posted:

hello Musk thread. 16bbh, your IK, is on probation but has asked me to come into this thread and say to not link to this profile (twitter account @dom_lucre) because that guy might post CSAM in his tweets

I will now edit out the tweets that were already posted/quoted just in case

That mfer 16 Bit Butthead is always on vacation. :rolleyes:

Not like our hero and savior MUSK who works 130 hour weeks!