Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

1. Holy poo poo Abigail Larson got to do Necropotence I have a MIGHTY need.

2. Ooo, Sleight of Hand is one of my favorite cards from back in the day.

3. That manland is super meh. Basically useless from a mana standpoint in Standard, and the creature isnt even compatible to the ones from... Kaldheim? Was that the one with dual manlands?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Also i hate that i have this brain but the tenth doctor should have some black mana, his whole deal was being selfish

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

am I allowed to say that it's cringe to do alt-art reprints using sexy anime girls. because it's really cringe.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
I mean it's fine to have art preferences but there's literally nothing "sexy" or remotely sexual about any of those?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

kalel posted:

am I allowed to say that it's cringe to do alt-art reprints using sexy anime girls. because it's really cringe.

Anime alt-art reprints are about the least cringe thing about this game these days

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Framboise posted:

I mean it's fine to have art preferences but there's literally nothing "sexy" or remotely sexual about any of those?

Excuse me did you SEE that Doubling Season??

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
List of things that are more cringe than anime alt arts (not in order, not limited to the following):

1) $60 lottery tickets
2) Power creep that has invalidated cards older than 2019
3) Deploying the loving pinkertons

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
If anyone has more to toss onto the list they are welcome

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Framboise posted:

those geese are naked

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

TheKingofSprings posted:

If anyone has more to toss onto the list they are welcome

4) Playing Magic: the Gathering

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Strong Sauce posted:

those geese are naked

Stupid sexy geese.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

List of things that are more cringe than anime alt arts (not in order, not limited to the following):

1) $60 lottery tickets
2) Power creep that has invalidated cards older than 2019
3) Deploying the loving pinkertons

I never said anime alt-arts were more cringe than anything else, just that they are cringe. but I agree, all the things you listed are, as the kids would say, "not a great look fam"

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

kalel posted:

I never said anime alt-arts were more cringe than anything else, just that they are cringe. but I agree, all the things you listed are, as the kids would say, "not a great look fam"

Just gonna have to disagree. They're not particularly egregious, even compared to a lot of standard MTG art.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I don't see what's cringe about anime art. It's an art style in the game with all the art styles. What's always cool about MtG is all the art and variety. Ideally every single card would have unique art without any copies but they're too cheap to pay all artists of earth for this forever.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I don't love them but I simply will not buy them. I'm sure they'll be worth more than the regular one so if I get one, I can get the regular one and probably something else too.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

I’m so horny looking at that goose rn, fr

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Saxophone posted:

I’m so horny looking at that goose rn, fr

You would be. Got a powerful lust for giant gooseses. I have it on good authority.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

rickiep00h posted:

You would be. Got a powerful lust for giant gooseses. I have it on good authority.

What can I say? I’m loose for the goose.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

kalel posted:

I can tell why it tempts you so

so sexy

Strong Sauce posted:

those geese are naked
excuse me that is a singular hydragoose

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I'll take anime art over art drawn by literal white supremacists.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Randalor posted:

What's the last McNeil piece WotC published?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Feathers are geese clothes

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Randalor posted:

the good news is you can not like either of those things at the same time!

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Flavor on point, dayum.

Should also punish reading ahead. I get that it would be too wordy for marginal mechanical impact, but imagine the flavour synergy.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Dr. Stab posted:

Should also punish reading ahead. I get that it would be too wordy for marginal mechanical impact, but imagine the flavour synergy.

Wouldn't that be what the "Spoilers" ability is? It's punishing an opponent for "reading ahead" by scrying/surveiling/searching.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Dangit this would fit even more perfectly into my UB Horror tribal EDH deck if Nightmares were also Horrors.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Framboise posted:

Wouldn't that be what the "Spoilers" ability is? It's punishing an opponent for "reading ahead" by scrying/surveiling/searching.

But it doesn't punish using the ability called "read ahead."

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Randalor posted:

hosed up that they make us choose

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

kalel posted:

You’re allowed to say whatever you want but that’s pretty benign art to cringe at.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Flavor on point, dayum.

I don't know poo poo about Dr. Who but I feel like this will become a thing in Legacy

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Just infinitely looping Conjurer's Baubles.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I don't know if it's any good but man that alt-art Ashiok is sick.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

PlasticAutomaton posted:

I don't know if it's any good but man that alt-art Ashiok is sick.
I am too blinded by how good it is with Bolas's Citadel to ever review it unbiasedly.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Please tell me the goose is named Honking Hydra

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I think it's supposed to be Doubling Season.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Magic: the Gathering: that hydragoose is naked

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Katana Gomai posted:

I don't know poo poo about Dr. Who but I feel like this will become a thing in Legacy

Also barely any legacy knowledge and it seems powerful enough to do something .

The full art island and swamp look dope AF

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Finally, Soldevi Digger has a chance to shine

Edit: no joke, buy your copies now because if River becomes popular it'll spike, since it's on the reserved list

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Did they say if they are doing all ten dual manlands or just enemy pairs?