Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Yeah I agree that this episode was a bit too super stuffed. If you just ditch the going into space story, you have a way more cohesive episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

I don’t know man, we wouldn’t get Nandor with a GoPro stuck to his head.

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Yeah, I was afraid Nandor would burn up on reentry and that the sunscreen would wash off Laszlo, and neither happened, so our boys are just invincible now.

This one was very good, but it’s amazing how it was all only 25 minutes. The writers brought up the pride parade and then seemed very disinterested in doing anything with it until the very end, having B, C, and D plots running instead. :psyduck:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Also maybe that King Of Space stuff and all the other subplots might come back in upcoming episodes and they had to establish them all somewhere and just shoved them all in here

Or maybe not :shrug:

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!
Nandor in space was 100% a way to land (pun intended) the "Raining Men" joke, and that's funny.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I dug that Sean kept popping up asking about the float because of course HE didn't forget that plotline, and Laszlo would just go,"Oh it's going great!" and proceed to forget all about it until the next time Sean asked :allears:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
How it started/how it's going

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
I really liked how much was going on in this episode. There were a lot of plot points, but they built off previous stories, so it was able to move at a nice pace for me.

The over-arching storylines last season didn't land with me, but I've been impressed with how everything feels connected this season.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

I loved everything about this episode.

When Colin said that he only liked ghost Nadja in the doll body I thought it was gonna lead to a weird threesome there, which I forgot about after it didn't happen, making the credits scene extra hilarious.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

nandor didn't go to space because you could still hear him talking, he was still in atmosphere, i will be writing a strongly worded letter

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe
I hope I wasn't the only Jojo's Bizarre Adventure fan that was worried for Nandor going into space.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

World War Mammories posted:

nandor didn't go to space because you could still hear him talking, he was still in atmosphere, i will be writing a strongly worded letter

Or Nandor has powers like Lobo and his voice can always be heard even in the vacuum of space. The whole episode was “what are vampire powers really “

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
I'm really glad this season feels reined in. I've enjoyed every episode of the show and a lot of great moments came out of the bigger vampire council-scale storylines, but for me the series is at its best when the scope is small and the stakes (get it???) are relatively low.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

ded posted:

its magic sweat

That and there's plenty of goops meant to stay on the skin even after being dunked in water. I was initially expecting a gag out of the water though, feet all burned

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Moai Ou posted:

I hope I wasn't the only Jojo's Bizarre Adventure fan that was worried for Nandor going into space.

I would have if I wasn't thinking more about the sun being out there in its pure glory. Unlike Kars, he could probably use whatever magic vampire propellant to send himself back anyway.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Matt Berry's reading of "Drive on MuthafuckaaaaAAAAAS!" is going to live in my head for basically forever now lmao

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Glad the thread title is this and not YASSS SEAN :hmmyes:

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I’m halfway through xfiles season 5 and it was pretty fun watching the episode Bad Blood right before this ep.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Jerusalem posted:

Glad the thread title is this and not YASSS SEAN :hmmyes:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

I’m partial to “THANK YOU, SEAN”

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
That was absolutely one of the best episodes in a long time. Just filled to the brim with jokes and a hell of a stinger to cap it all off.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Oof, there’s nothing more terrifying than energy vampires!

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
That was funny non stop. Just good times from beginning to end.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

This show is firing on all cylinders so far this season, just great episode after great episode.

When Nandor decided to get circumcised my first thought was,"But... it'll grow right back!?!" and.... sure enough!

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Mother of God this is the perfect episode.

The energy vampire council is just too good.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

You can all go fuh-fuh-gently caress yourselves

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
The Colin storyline was great, and I loved seeing the return of Evie.

The other two storylines didn't do much for me, though.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

This show is firing on all cylinders so far this season, just great episode after great episode.

When Nandor decided to get circumcised my first thought was,"But... it'll grow right back!?!" and.... sure enough!

That was my thought when it was revealed that Nadja died a virgin. It felt like they glossed over something that True Blood tackled head on.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah that was a perfect example of a straightforward episode that just absolutely clicked. Nice to see Colin take the A plot even if it meant Laszlo only getting a few scenes (all of which were perfect). Wasn’t really a fan of the nightclub concept that never really went anywhere last year, this has been a great return to form.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe
Adding my voice to everyone saying this season has been an incredible return to form after a bit of a middling season 4. Colin Robinson running for local office is such a brilliant concept that I'm surprised it took so long to play out. It's also good to see that being a more self-contained story in an episode while still leaving room open to influence future episodes, it flows way better than the multiple drawn-out season long plots from season 4.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
In retrospect I love the bit of the kidnappers noticing the documentary crew and saying "Yeah okay you can follow us but you're not gonna see anything interesting."

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Maxwell Lord posted:

In retrospect I love the bit of the kidnappers noticing the documentary crew and saying "Yeah okay you can follow us but you're not gonna see anything interesting."

having a second Vampire Council just for Emotional/Energy Vampires was chef's kiss

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Maybe the best batch of cameos I've ever seen.

Hannibal, Aparna, and Gregg are such perfect casting, but then MARTHA KELLY was just an unbelievable choice. Sometimes the obvious joke is just the best one and they could not have picked better people for it. Jo Firestone is immediately my new favorite.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
That's a classic for sure.

Nice Easter egg of "Hunt for the Wilderpeople" flashing by on the sign in the movie theater.

Reversing Darts
Dec 5, 2006
Ridin' Spinnaz

Chris Knight posted:

That's a classic for sure.

Nice Easter egg of "Hunt for the Wilderpeople" flashing by on the sign in the movie theater.

Eagle vs Shark was up there too

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
I didn't think they could improve the council of vampires, but the energy vampires were perfect.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"Sorry guys I'm here now, somebody catch me up."
"You've been sitting right there for 15 minutes."
"Yeah but I wasn't listening."

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Also liked the one girl at the diner who was pretty into Lazlo’s speech

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Jerusalem posted: