Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Vermain posted:

god this is gonna be a long rear end wait

That's why I love how they do the continental fan fests with new info at each. So we learn more in October, then January, then it's just a few months until Dawntrail!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Babe Magnet posted:

it's also easier when your game is good, and not bad. WoW is apparently pretty good these days but the last two expansions were so dire that they're going to need to prove that they can make more than one good expansion a decade before anyone trusts them again lol

well that was fun, 2 glamor dye channels gently caress yeah

Also the whole “proving they’re not still a frat house” business

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Certainly looks distinctive

the cloak makes me think of sword saint, cid's class in fft

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Babe Magnet posted:

Gleaners class announced for IRL

I am unsarcastically in awe of people who can be that corny on stage without cracking or running away.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also i looked at the census data and i think hrothgar are noticeably more popular in eu than na or japan so shot in the dark that we see fromhroth at eu fanfest in october

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

stev posted:

Would MS even allow a WoW crossover event? They'd have to mirror all the content on PS5.

did the xbox version of MH:W get the FF14 crossover event with behemoth and the dragoon armor?

really it's Blizz that may be the holdup since they don't really do external IP crossovers anymore

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Endorph posted:

Didn’t the WoL wear a similar getup in the EW trailer?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Man, that trailer music is just unbelievably boss. I can't wait for the full track.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

Hilariously that would fit with the YoshiP shirt hint too.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Endorph posted:

biggest reason I don't think it's Sword Saint is because it might not mesh well with the Scouting armor class. Unless it's not gonna be Scouting, in which lol

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Rand Brittain posted:

Man, that trailer music is just unbelievably boss. I can't wait for the full track.

Saaaaame

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Bruceski posted:

I am unsarcastically in awe of people who can be that corny on stage without cracking or running away.

Theater kids are built different.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

LegionAreI posted:

It's super weird after watching WoW/Diablo dev stuff.

this will mark me as incredibly old but I still remember the official wow forums wanting to murder caydiem for using a silent fang, bullying tseric until he snapped, and calling for eyonix to get hit by a bus with the catchphrase "BUS SHOCK"

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Bruceski posted:

yeah theater actors and such rule, embracing the cringe owns

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Rand Brittain posted:

Yeah, its a certified banger. Soken's still got it.

And the one lyric I can make out clearly is "Life, take it slow, take a bite" so yeah, this is going to be an extremely chill expansion.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Really good keynote! I basically couldn't be happier. The graphic update looks very nice. New dye channels and glasses slots are like my 2nd and 3rd most wanted features. The trailer was really fun and exciting. Surprised at 2 dps jobs, but not gonna complain since that's my preferred role. Cannot wait to see what the melee dps one turns out to be, want to see if it'll draw me off of reaper.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Babe Magnet posted:

it's also easier when your game is good, and not bad. WoW is apparently pretty good these days but the last two expansions were so dire that they're going to need to prove that they can make more than one good expansion a decade before anyone trusts them again lol

well that was fun, 2 glamor dye channels gently caress yeah

WoW is probably in the best place it's been in years and years. But you have years of a playerbase that's bitter for all sorts of reasons, the last two expansions being some of the main reasons, and a faction system that actively encourages players to hate each other. The devs coming across as outright hostile toward the players, and there are some cases in the game right now where it feels like some of the devs still hate the players. And then just on top of that, the vast majority of the people that end up on stage for the Blizzard things just have negative 100 charisma and they have no stage presence. The ones that did like Metzen, Jeff Kaplan and Ben Brode have all moved on from Blizzard (well I think Metzen is still sort of attached but he doesn't the Blizzcon stuff anymore)

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

(Gachiyagura, from what I can tell from a Google search, is the Splatoon tower-pushing mode, so Crystal Chronicles Crystalline Conflict.)

The only things I can think of that are missing are Nier, DotA/LoL with Rival Wings and [Farming Sim]/Animal Crossing with Island Sanctuary.

Onean fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Jul 28, 2023

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
Next trailer is going to have the WoL dramatically throwing off the burning cloak to reveal the new job; the cloak isn't part of it.

Andrew Verse
Mar 30, 2011

Personally I think the new job is a Corsair, and when the cloak burns off in the full trailer the WoL is going to whip out a pistol for a classic buccaneering dual wield.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I need to figure out a swarthy glam

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005
Yeah I'd agree probably corsair as a scouting dps and green/nature mage as the new caster.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
The WoL is going to rip off the cloak to reveal that he's just a Ninja this time, but Krile's been secretly strapped to his torso as the new job.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I like how the trailer has Erenville deliver "The land you call the New World" with some very clear teasing contempt. Yeah, totally the New World except for all the people who were living here.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Andrew Verse posted:

Personally I think the new job is a Corsair, and when the cloak burns off in the full trailer the WoL is going to whip out a pistol for a classic buccaneering dual wield.

yeah this is what I think too. Would also work with the Scouting armor problem, giving it another class so you can be a cool pirate ninja.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Imagining Ben Brode coming up on a Fanfest stage to announce a Marvel Snap crossover

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YO8GNnUxio

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

the WoL is going to tear off his cloak and reveal that he's wearing a TMNT t shirt underneath

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Rand Brittain posted:

I went to compare it to the Endwalker first trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-bkJ2ZoW6k and the audio in that has the same distorted quality. I don't know if that's a pre-production thing or they're intentionally doing it to help hide cuts or what.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The way the WoL has his hand on his sword at the end of t he trailer as it zooms out just is classic pirate so I really would be shocked if it's not Corsair.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Macaluso posted:

WoW is probably in the best place it's been in years and years. But you have years of a playerbase that's bitter for all sorts of reasons, the last two expansions being some of the main reasons, and a faction system that actively encourages players to hate each other. The devs coming across as outright hostile toward the players, and there are some cases in the game right now where it feels like some of the devs still hate the players. And then just on top of that, the vast majority of the people that end up on stage for the Blizzard things just have negative 100 charisma and they have no stage presence. The ones that did like Metzen, Jeff Kaplan and Ben Brode have all moved on from Blizzard (well I think Metzen is still sort of attached but he doesn't the Blizzcon stuff anymore)

Shadowlands legitimately pissed me off a little at the wasted potential lol

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.

ImpAtom posted:

Hilariously that would fit with the YoshiP shirt hint too.

How so?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

time for some eorzian aetherobics

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

lmao the shiva part, this rocks

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

1stGear posted:

To put the temperature jokes in perspective, there's a projected high of 97 F in Tokyo. The current temp is 108 degrees in Las Vegas.

Yeah but with Japanese summer humidity it’s almost certainly just as brutal

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Oh, the new caster could also be Seer from FFTA2, which was a hybrid melee/caster that rocked a cat-ear hood like Krile. I don't know how it'd be functionally different from Red Mage though in 14.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Babe Magnet posted:

Shadowlands legitimately pissed me off a little at the wasted potential lol

I could write a novel on the wasted potential with Shadowlands, yeah. Just... god. So many terrible choices. The setting easily could've worked!!! Ugh! It's making me angry thinking about it. Anyway, two dyes!!!!

(Dragonflight is extremely good and I'm hoping they can keep up the momentum but I'm pretty wary of that)

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

i don't think i'll ever be able to listen to this song without tearing up

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I have a Complaint: leaving the Scions in their Shadowbringers clothes is lame. Hopefully early on in the 7.0 MSQ they get new outfits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
https://twitter.com/FeristalJ/status/1684997216467918848?t=2bKKxycxBtGkFzj9YWEQCQ&s=19