Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
The russians are dying from russian artillery, because they keep shelling the nuclear power plant, destroying bridges and pipelines etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Regarde Aduck posted:

its fine the west is going to rebuild this nation containing no 18-50 year old men and women

so what youre saying is that putin is doing a genocide just more indirectly than how we usually use that word

tazjin
Jul 24, 2015

genericnick posted:

But if that is true, shouldn't we see some breakdown of the Russian line? Also, if Russia is indeed losing men at a higher rate than Ukraine, what kills them? I've linked a paper somewhere here that gives a figure of 70% artillery casualties for Ukraine. What would that be on the Russian side? What's outperforming conventional artillery here?

tweets and posts

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Some Guy TT posted:

so what youre saying is that putin is doing a genocide just more indirectly than how we usually use that word

:hai:

All war is genocide if you change the definition of war or genocide

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Some Guy TT posted:

wtf theres a six season prime time television shows that just a hilary clinton fanfic

loving lmbo. dumb lib fantasy of the "responsible adults" in charge.

I'd watch a killary clinton show. way more entertaining fiction.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Hatebag posted:

All the private companies are run by psychopaths and all the public institutions are run by people being bribed/blackmailed by the psychos or just plain old morons who floated to the top of their dead end jobs. For some reason, a society based entirely on making rich people richer and underpinned by legalized bribery schemes hasn't produced very worthy leaders

how dare u imply that joe biden isnt the greatest leader this country has ever had

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

those are some ridiculously targeted explosions that they only kill one bunny at a time

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

dung mctrung

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Truga posted:

there's two prevalent types of IT organisations in the west:
the ~startup~ culture shop, where everyone has root on all the machines but nobody knows how to do anything because the guy that automated everything left 5 years ago and poo poo's only working on inertia
the ~enterprise~ culture conglomerate, where it takes 6 months to get a committee together to decide whether this weird new piece of software called "git" is safe to install in tyool 2023 because nobody working there's even heard about it before

as you can imagine, both of these aren't very good at handling any unplanned events lol

there's a few normal places to work at but they're few and far in between

so what youre saying is that the something awful forums are the internets first startup culture shop

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ_gn0E87Qo

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Some Guy TT posted:

No

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

did they actually bike across a steppe or did they just want an excuse to use a bad pun for no reason

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

ArmZ posted:

dung mctrung

Begone finn

sum
Nov 15, 2010

genericnick posted:

But if that is true, shouldn't we see some breakdown of the Russian line? Also, if Russia is indeed losing men at a higher rate than Ukraine, what kills them? I've linked a paper somewhere here that gives a figure of 70% artillery casualties for Ukraine. What would that be on the Russian side? What's outperforming conventional artillery here?

I think the plugged in pro-Ukraine watchers genuinely haven't seen the videos of conscription officers dragging people into cars off the street in Odessa, or read the stories in Ukrainian media about conscripts being sent to the front with literally days of training. Meanwhile someone was posting a Russian telegram doomer the other day complaining that the mobilizees spent too much of their 9 months of training on clearing trenches instead of defending them. Like it's pretty easy to infer which side is having the manpower problems.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Marenghi posted:

I hope this is how tweets are referenced in the media for the rest of X's existence.

I hope when they inevitably switch back, the media just inverts it. “Sources on Twitter, the platform formerly known as X…”

tazjin
Jul 24, 2015

sum posted:

I think the plugged in pro-Ukraine watchers genuinely haven't seen the videos of conscription officers dragging people into cars off the street in Odessa

Recently had a conversation in a bar with two pro-Western people, and I brought these up. They looked at me like I'm crazy, and asked whether I actually didn't know that these are all staged videos by the Russian government.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Trum?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

None of you really care but I appreciate the effort.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

CaptainBeefart posted:

None of you really care but I appreciate the effort.

I care.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

maskirovka...

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

yeah

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

is this it

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

IT'S IT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZG_k5CSYKhg

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

tazjin posted:

Recently had a conversation in a bar with two pro-Western people, and I brought these up. They looked at me like I'm crazy, and asked whether I actually didn't know that these are all staged videos by the Russian government.

if only the russian government spent that much time on fighting the war and not making videos, they'd be doing a lot better.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAf1j3u8i-M

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

oops meant to post this. sorry friends.

https://twitter.com/seinfeld2000/status/663398271205965824?lang=en

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

anybody snag a post Malone collectors cup yet at ‘Canes?

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

New thread?

APPROVED!

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Trump lol

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

WrasslorMonkey posted:

New thread?

APPROVED!

:gritin:

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

I don't see Prig in a tuxedo creeping over Putin's shoulder, 1/5.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

cspam tankies trying to cover up ukraines counter offensive with forums drama

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

fizzy posted:

Whether they are winning or losing, tanks are not capable of lowering their key rates to 22%.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Наблюдатель posted:

The court seized the property of the family of ex-military commissar Borisov. This is reported by the GBR. It is alleged that his relatives tried to take out the Porche.

Among the seized property:

• Land plots with a total area of more than 2 hectares in the Odessa region;
• two houses in Odessa with a total area of more than 420 squares;
• Home ownership in Odessa with an area of 78.5 hectares;
• Two apartments and 1/3 apartments in Odessa;
• Toyota Land Cruiser, 2023 model year;
• Mercedes-Benz G 63 AMG car, 2022 year of manufacture;
• Mercedes-Benz EQV car, 2022 year of manufacture;
• Mercedes-Benz GLE 400 car, 2021;
• Car Porsche Macan GTS, 2016 year of manufacture;
• Audi A6 car, 1999 year of manufacture.

When trying to cross the border at the checkpoint "Palanka – Mayaki – Convenient", a 2016 Porsche Macan GTS car was stopped. As established by the employees of the GBR, the car is registered to Borisov's daughter-in-law and passes as material evidence in the case of the former military commissar.
(from t.me/nabludatels/32487, via tgsa)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
when am I getting my giant golden tower back?

also lowtax did the right thing banning all the hill toxxes