Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
Make He-Man trans, cowards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
It's cinematic universes all the way down

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

shame on an IGA posted:

Battleship was a memorable film

Solid "brain off, munch popcorn" flick, for sure.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

ok I seriously want them to just hand all of it off to Seth Green and lets find out how Robot Chicken does with a $100mm budget

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Arrath posted:

Solid "brain off, munch popcorn" flick, for sure.

But whatever you do, do not turn on your brain and wonder “wait, are we the baddies?”

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
We already got a perfectly serviceable Rockem Sockem Robots movie. It was called Real Steel.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Y’all wanted new original ideas.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

robot jox is the superior rockem sockem robots movie

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

RFC2324 posted:

robot jox is the superior rockem sockem robots movie

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

RFC2324 posted:

Pacific rim is the superior rockem sockem robots movie, kinda

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

shame on an IGA posted:

ok I seriously want them to just hand all of it off to Seth Green and lets find out how Robot Chicken does with a $100mm budget

Probably waste it getting scammed with NFTs.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
that was so loving funny that he didnt just nut up and make his crappy cartoon anyway. I guess that would violate the NAP though

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

I like the one, viable, nostalgia franchise being hidden at the bottom of the list.

I never watched MotU growing up, but I've observed so much about through pop culture osmosis I'd probably go watch it just for fun.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Film studios are probably clamoring over each other for the projects as it is basically free fodder for projects other than the crap they've been putting out because they've been out of ideas for a while now.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Hold the gently caress UP what in hell is Christmas Balloon?

E: just looked it up, might be the most nauseating one

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Soul Dentist posted:

Hold the gently caress UP what in hell is Christmas Balloon?

E: just looked it up, might be the most nauseating one
Getting a "Christmas Shoes, the Movie" vibe out of that.

Would watch the hell out of a MOTU movie, but only if it has a Dolph Lundgren cameo.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

But I can't get 1 loving decent G.I.Joe movie.

E. Revenant
Aug 26, 2002

If the abyss gazes long into you then stare right back;
make it blink.
Polly Pocket?!

What did Mighty Max get tax write off memory holed? They already had a good cartoon run on that which means built in nostalgia.

I just want to see an entire movie where the big warrior type refuses to fight until he gets his magic sword back and then doesn't even use it.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1685037359463608320?t=nBmdmYH5zPRYHGjr1QvpJA&s=19

Is this the first acknowledgment from him that he is probably going to prison?

Ragaman
Feb 6, 2002
Title? I dont need no stinkin' Title
I thought Real Steel was the Rock ‘Em Sock ‘Em movie (which admittedly I quite enjoyed)?

Give me a part 2!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1685028628499763200?t=losh3_yQSP9KmiC-ghMW6g&s=19

loving whaaaaat? I had no idea they were in prison. :laffo:

E-

quote:

Todd said he has embraced longtime, false rumors that he is gay: "I'm flattered that people think I can get laid on both ends. So, that doesn't bother me and my wife certainly is flattered that as many men want her husband as there are women." Todd was found guilty in June 2022 of federal bank fraud and tax evasion charges that involved taking out fraudulent loans funding an extravagant way of living.

Probably not having much of a problem with that now.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jul 28, 2023

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

shame on an IGA posted:

He'd just spend it all on NFTs, which would then be stolen

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

https://twitter.com/nateraymond/status/1684994741820096512?s=46&t=RbRF48xIfQ0dFH4bQsb3RA

Kindly burn it all.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

If basic features of the Supreme Court like its number of members were not established by acts of Congress, where the actual gently caress did they come from?

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jul 28, 2023

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Platystemon posted:

If basic feature of the Supreme Court like its number of members were not established by acts of Congress, where the actual gently caress did they come from?

Sprung fully formed from the brow of Thomas Jefferson, obviously.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
The rich white dudes that decided this whole government thing needed a king that they didn't call a king

They were all part of a society with secrets that believe in a higher power as a requirement.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Wasabi the J posted:

The rich white dudes that decided this whole government thing needed a king that they didn't call a king

They were all part of a society with secrets that believe in a higher power as a requirement.

Was it Hamilton that wanted an elected king for life and parliament? That might’ve been more honest

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
An elected king for life might work.

Just don’t give them the Secret Service or equivalent.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

E. Revenant posted:

Polly Pocket?!

What did Mighty Max get tax write off memory holed? They already had a good cartoon run on that which means built in nostalgia.

I just want to see an entire movie where the big warrior type refuses to fight until he gets his magic sword back and then doesn't even use it.

Mighty Max was a good cartoon.
I loved Norman.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Platystemon posted:

If basic features of the Supreme Court like its number of members were not established by acts of Congress, where the actual gently caress did they come from?

It’s a common misconception that “checks and balances” refers to the balance of power between the three branches of government; it actually refers to politicians depositing checks to increase the balances in their bank accounts.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Sprung fully formed from the brow of Thomas Jefferson, obviously.

more like jefferson davis

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Platystemon posted:

An elected king for life might work.

Just don’t give them the Secret Service or equivalent.

As Terry Pratchett liked to point out, in some societies "king for life" and "new king every year" aren't inherently contradictory principles.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Held in balance against the unlanded masses who don't know the value of a hard day's work.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/cinveen/status/1684927005320429568?s=20

this is not that bad

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Now I want to see more.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Is this the Nigerian equivalent of Swan Lake for the Soviets?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Man AFN really needs to catch up to this quality.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

CommieGIR posted:

Man AFN really needs to catch up to this quality.

I mean, 15 second spots about power of attorney and why your meat may smell funny overseas would get way more attention with these people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

orange juche posted:

Is this the Nigerian equivalent of Swan Lake for the Soviets?

Niger (Nijèr), not Nigeria, two different countries, that's important to remember. And sure looks like it

ThisIsJohnWayne fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jul 29, 2023