Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

agreed

you know china's hit the big time when FIFA is in the bag for them

WC in Beijing 2034, maybe WWC before that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

a real chump posted:

I wouldn't say China didn't deserve the win but Haiti got VAR'd

I'll say it. They get a Pen off a dive off a defender's booty. Bootyfoul, if you will. Then a clear foul by a Chinese defender in the box gets overVarred.

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
It feels like refs gave been very quick to call Nigeria, Haiti, and South Africa for fouls in situations where their opponents get away uncalled. I have not seen Zambia play and can't speak for their treatment, and I obviously can't definitively say for sure it's what's happening because I'm not an expert or in the refs' shoes. It just has rough vibes.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
South Africa v Argentina seemed to be called pretty evenly from my perspective. haven't watched a ton of the other african teams live.

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
Yeah part of the reason I mentioned it was to get a vibe check on if it's just in my head.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost

mycatscrimes posted:

Yeah part of the reason I mentioned it was to get a vibe check on if it's just in my head.

The Aus coverage has Jess McDonald and she immediately pointed all that all red cards (until last night) were black players and the panel froze awkwardly lol.

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020

a real chump posted:

The Aus coverage has Jess McDonald and she immediately pointed all that all red cards (until last night) were black players and the panel froze awkwardly lol.

oof

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

mycatscrimes posted:

It feels like refs gave been very quick to call Nigeria, Haiti, and South Africa for fouls in situations where their opponents get away uncalled. I have not seen Zambia play and can't speak for their treatment, and I obviously can't definitively say for sure it's what's happening because I'm not an expert or in the refs' shoes. It just has rough vibes.

Nigeria have always played very physical whenever they qualified. But, this time they seem like the most skilled, and probably best coached (Randy Waldrum's been coaching women at a high level collegiately since the 90's) African side by far, and rightfully the only African side that should advance. Abiodun's card was justifiable, as was the one to the Chinese player, Zhang against Haiti.

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
It'll be nice to see them advance, too, if they do. I've really enjoyed watching their games, they're an exciting team.

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

https://twitter.com/tariqpanja/status/1685155307784380418?s=20

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
Posting from the stadium again, should be a good game!

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

Italy sure has a thing about benching their best player.

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

Hegerberg is out against the Philippines tomorrow, a game we need to win in order to advance, and with more than three goals if we want to make absolutely sure we get out of the group.

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

Kinda hectic game so far.

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

Yeah that's gonna happen if you let Kaneryd continue to run down the right side.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
What a beast

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Made that look easy

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
Jonas Eidevall must be really happy right now.

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

loving hell.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Italy will have wanted to defend that corner imo

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

lol

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Hahah oh dear

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Shitaly

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Defending isn't very aldente

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
Game is delivering. Shame I'm at the other end of the stadium!

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Mama Mia Italy is bad!

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Lmao the slowest corner in history and still gets nodded in

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
lmao they found the cheat code against this lot

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
Italy just need to stop being short

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Just turned on my TV and thought "shitaly". Glad I was right

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

:laffo:

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
This Swedish side might get to the final, I think

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

I really like the random local teen that towers over the refs at the start of every game.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

So are we taking bets on which black player gets a red card in this game? :v:

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
cracking tempo this

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

France looking pretty good and also fun this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I thought for sure that was going in

E: that one, however, did go in

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Jul 29, 2023