Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

cunts are still running the show.

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah and some people don't understand that on some maps you can just kind of ignore them and concentrate on killing the other three members.

Herstory Begins Now posted:

half the success of pharahmercy is that the other team starts screaming at their hitscan for not handling pharahmercy and things spiral from there lol

https://vimeo.com/848792951

Yeah for whatever reason people just assume 'oh you're hitscan right just loving KILL'EM DUMBY' but... it's kind of a big ask to expect any rando you get match made with to do it. Like I dunno, pocket the hitscan or go zen and help them out. 'Pew-pew the birdies! it's easy!'

Edit: I deleted all my OW1 footage because it was taking up so much space but the best part about that loving PotG is that ENTIRE game my team was making GBS threads on me for 'not dealing with the pharmacy!' but like dude.... I can pew-pew but sometimes people need help.

Edit 2: 'i dunno bro i just go widow and own'em' like.... I spent 2 weeks straight on&off in widow headshot-only lobbies but I literally can not untrain my brain to get the discipline to not fire too early and leave everything at 1hp. Like I just can't, for whatever the reason is... I'm just too impulsive/bloodlusty etc. I just can't get widow to work with how I'm wired to play vidya.

im depressed lol fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jul 26, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

I seem to remember when Overwatch 2 first released there was rumour/spectulation of a guild/clan system? I think someone mentioned it off-handedly in match-chats a few times. That really intrigued me & any bit of knowledge anyone in this thread has about that would be wonderful to hear about.

If done right, maybe it could emulate the old ways of online gaming where communities kinda just.... "popped up" around private servers & you'd develop relationships with people, rivalries with others' groups etc.. Trade tips, advice etc. Like it could be a way to encourage a mentoring environment for players wanting to learn the ropes and make that transitiony---heliopausish-grey-area of 'mechanically passable yet the intricacies of higher-level play remain illusive' to 'finally playing the game properly and not needing some sci-fi mental telepathy helmet to grasp your teammates' intent'. Because unless you really dig deep on 200+ page threads on dead gay forums, listen to only the right voices on various subreddits, get thrown a lifebuoy via a chill discord group's invite link, or (god help you) endlessly watch hours of live-streams of specific, role-model-legends "pillars of a game's community" types on the wasteland that is bozos-is-a-vampire's wtitch dot calm most people just end up as a hamster spinning on a wheel & just quietly accepting it as if it's some endless misery for sins in a past life. Well, a hamster wheel that has some gauche, obnoxious logo that is ever visible, is just "cheap enough" to be "good enough" but it ain't THAT great.

Right now I think the weirdest issues with online competitive-serious-business gaming (ESPECIALLY with Overwatch) are.... well I could probably write a book just based on all the incredibly insightful people in this thread. But I left some breadcrumbs in my previous posts, veiled things because if you say things too plainly people just want to kick your head off for whatever reason, as if it's some personal attack when I swear on christ I don't bother ever looking at anybody's posting history beyond the last couple of pages I'm reading in a thread. But you could probably put some kind of incomplete jigsaw-puzzle together if you looked at the past few of mine, along with a clue like 'it starts with some trite opening lines like:' "Video games used to come with instruction manuals. Now companies just throw people to the wolves! Unpaid beta-testers; endlessly trapped in incomplete "free-live-games-as-a-service" spinning-wheels as sponsored-streamers laugh at them when those same beta-testers' deaths are broadcast to millions while spouting silly catchphrases & counting their cheffamabozon's bux off cam. Endlessly using the pronoun 'we' instead of 'me'." Yeah, but... you know. You'd never read it.

Because...... I'm never gonna write that book! Not even remotely- not even if you sifted through thousands of alternate timeline inter-rations am I ever qualified enough to take on a project like that; I'm just a hack goofy-rear end clown & just like to screw around.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

im depressed lol fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jul 27, 2023

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

I just wish they would bring back group finder.

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

I loved looking for group! Just a stupid text string alone can convey a vibe so well, like:

"There's always money in the Orisa stand chk chk" arrested development reference; probably chill, funny people. maybe wants to only Orisa?

and all the people who would use various ways to get around 'banned' words were always some wild-card freaks, whether chill or just stupid I didn't care I'd get into voice and feel'em out. Such fun poo poo.

im depressed lol fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jul 27, 2023

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

im depressed lol posted:

It loving sucks that currently the best players in the world in this awesome game get to the top of those stairs only to realize it loving sucks up there.

https://twitter.com/earthklaans/status/1157785682368221184

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

I thought I was the only person in teh world who saw this movie.

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Good movie right? Some pacing issues or whatever but, good god that ending; get me a fainting couch, a mint julep & a meticulously crafted exotic folding fan because I still get lost in it.

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

Like I said, I really love this game. For a while I was having a great time sharing content I made, got one my videos on youtube to 500 views (an Ana sleep-dart goofy rear end mock-frag vidya) purely by asking people to check it out.... in in-game Overwatch chat where you can't even click a loving URL. Played 500 loving hours of comp as a support main. I could write a 500 page love-letter about how much I adore Ana's design/kit/etc., every detail of that character is such... :swoon:

Met some cool people but... god I realized I was going to have an aneurysm if I endlessly tried to maintain a flow state whilst trying to play team emotional-support-animal/therapist to a bunch of loving gamer-brain-rotted artless hacks trying to blame-game ego-pain away to cover for any of their trash-DPS misplays. Not that I'm some god-tier gamer or whatever but man in a scene where everyone wants 'number to go up, that gosh-darn machine-god senpai needs to validate the time I'm putting in' you can't exactly just lose your mind and call bullshit behavior out in comms and still expect to win because so many of these people in comp are emotional infants and will throw a tantrum and throw the match if you bring a mirror up to them.

I made this in September 2017. Maybe it's cool, I dunno!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogduT2-qW_c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogduT2-qW_c

Played a lot of left4dead2, a game in which when you played any serious amount of the Versus mode and got in the PUG/promod scene you'd pick up pretty quick that you could convey intent as the infected side essentially telepathically through positioning queues alone via the infected class you were and your glows. Like, very relevant to that youtube you might not even click.

There is a gamerman inside these ladder-climber head's; they must be destroyed. Even my clown rear end can't stomach leaving this melodramatic phrase up, honk honk?

Edit: But ah whatever, none of the words of this loving quickplay-McClownsidy matter. I looked at his profile and he doesn't even play comp!

Edit 2: And yeah, once I hit mid-masters everyone started getting noticeably chiller and smarter, but it just made interacting with the odd Genji that was hitting his peak SR unless he learned some new poo poo all the more loving infuriating because that made me all the more wanting to do some old school poo poo and bitch them out in mumble for being a jackass. But... like you gotta be polite in these modes and that kinda muzzle drains on a person like me. Yeah I'm super chill because I only play quickplay. I know who I am, what pisses me off etc. So yeah, gently caress comp in its current state. But if you like it whatever, I get it! I've watched plenty of people able to maintain their zen/chill on all areas of the ladder. God-tier players, and I have n o w o r d s for the amount I respect that poo poo. Even the people who are hyper-cocky and even if you're one of them and you read all this poo poo and still wanna call me a QP Cassidy idiot... I'd laugh! Because it'd be coming from a player that yeah.... they're loving better at me at this game & have earned the right to be a bit condescending or whatever. But.... pffft... I have been playing games online a long time. And I love quickplay, it fits me like a glove.

Edit 3: Oh yeah, one more thing! I got so mad from playing support I just said gently caress it, embraced the tilt and slam-picked McCree regardless of whatever kind of team-comp we were running/whatever the gently caress the enemy was doing/attack or defend/whatever map we were on/refusing to join voice comms/only barely skimming 2 minutes worth of content from a god DPS player like maybe.... kephrii? on positioning on maps as McCree when I never played comp as DPS before etc. etc. for like 30 comp games towards the end of OW1 S5. And I fell down those loving stairs hard and I was laughing the whole time from I believe 3750ish as support to ending at like 3300ish as stupid-tilted-DPS-careless-shitter

im depressed lol fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jul 28, 2023

Two Owls
Sep 17, 2016

Yeah, count me in

How the hell does this work

https://i.imgur.com/6tTJgYR.mp4

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Cpt_Obvious posted:

I saw it too. what an ending

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

d0grent posted:

I just wish they would bring back group finder.

code:
C0INCELPR0
That was my favorite one. The people I was playing with at the time and I used that one all the time; my god sometimes the funniest loving people would join that one.

im depressed lol fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jul 27, 2023

Rawrbomb
Mar 11, 2011

rawrrrrr

If you interupt dva while re-meching it cancels the ult. You can also kill her while remeching if you're fast enough. If she isn't entering the mecha, I'm pretty sure she can still be killed. Its once she gets into it that its real again.

Rawrbomb fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jul 28, 2023

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

prop hunt is fun

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

im depressed lol posted:

And I fell down those loving stairs hard and I was laughing the whole time

And then I realized that less-structured, more loosely match-made mode that no one takes seriously...
When I play it I didn't have to give a poo poo about the 4 or 5 other people's SR rating tanking & feeling personally wronged by me if I gently caress up or they think I hosed up because some rear end in a top hat DPS is the loudest voice in the comms and pointed something out first...

I can have fun & I can just go for dumb trick shot sleeps and laugh if I land them because I don't have to save it for like a genji blade or whatever since we're probably gonna win anyway since the matchmaker maybe hosed up a bit... I can just start- ruffling the feathers on some birds... think she's safe in the air because she pressed Q or whatever
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhkCbxcbE9E

That's an old one I forgot I even uploaded, probably just showed it to one other person. Not gonna clog up the thread or anything with this kinda poo poo, but I have 700 hours on this loving old lady because I love her so much. I land stupid poo poo like this more often than you'd probably think. Maybe not 'world-class' or anything, but probably better than the average Ana. And definitely better than the average Ana in quickplay. I miss a bunch too, but you miss all the cool ones you never go for!

But it's my favorite god drat thing to do in any FPS I've ever played & I don't want to see this game dying on the vine or the high-level players leaving because of the loving nightmare of balancing at the top is causing nightmares for those world-class players. But bumping into them when they warm up or are just looking to play casually- maybe off their mains for a minute or whatever it's usually loving rad as poo poo. & I got a bunch of dumb clips in clownplay with GM's & Top 500's loving around with me too and I love randomly getting match-made with those fuckers because it gets really weird and hilarious sometimes. Getting poo poo on- surprising them etc. etc. I love the chaos of quickplay so loving much. I'm so bad at this loving game but occasionally I see so much great poo poo in-game and replays from those high-level players and I'm glad they even bother to hop into quickplay at all.

Like the game these naps are from; the echo got napped twice so she raged out of the loving game- (really wish there was a significant consistent-leaver's penalty of some kind in quickplay, wishlist?)
https://twitter.com/earthklaans/status/1682838746507403264

..and then (if I remember right....) a Top 500 (or some higher level player) backfills and carries them so loving hard it's disgusting and I loved every second of it.

I could write a bunch more about this loving game, it's rad as loving hell. But I might be a little direct now that I got to the punchline in that last post after all that meandering, prosey preamble.

im depressed lol fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Jul 28, 2023

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

I think the main issue would be that not everyone gets the cool players, nor do they get sick moments like yours. Some folks get stuck with tryhards that couldn't get Gold so they take it out on others. Others might get stomped aggressively in an almost machine-like manner at times.

All I know is, I dunno if I should go back to treating OW2 like my drinking game or not.

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

I could write a thesis about how I feel try-hard lovely DPS-onetricks in the metal ranks are ruining this game- but to cut the chase, I joke around a lot and say 'People who queue DPS (flex-queue is the skeleton key to chat) should be banned from mic on comms and only have 'thank you' and 'sorry' bound as their only means of communication until they hit masters Diamond'. Maybe the splits in humility are different in OW2. But maybe... ?

Edit: Definitely Diamond. Diamond in OW1 early days is when certain folks that made me hate playing this game 'the serious way' started getting less prevalent from my memory. But then you'd encounter one again and it'd remind you of them and *step sounds*

Edit 2: That sounds harsh and like a lot of them are chill people but we all know the types that are watching a god-tier streamer (there's a reason a lot of the cooler 'pillars-of-the-commmunity' types give tips based on rank) and demanding their team play a certain way to emulate them or whatever but don't even have an iota of that level of skill or game sense- you know the types. I'm sure you hate them too. Because I loving did and still do. But since it's quickplay, so-

im depressed lol posted:

And let me tell you (too lazy to find the screenshot) the second I read a gamer-brain-rotted DPS dumby having the audacity to think blue-chat was a safe space to type "POCKET ME YOU RETARD" like an abusive shitheel I quickly made orange-chat a blistering inferno that logged every single stupid mistake he made during the match afterwards.

It's quickplay, & I usually try to do my best- but there's no SR on the table so no biggie I'll gladly spend half the game playing whitehat Overbully. No SR to lose/gain, but maybe that guy got some SSRI's after I mercilessly ridiculed him.

Edit: Oh and just for the record I was the second DPS, not the support he was being mean to. and there's no loving way they were not a he

I'm not bragging or anything (I have a problem when I see egregious poo poo, I just get mad as gently caress- like that because I don't really care about win/loss I just want everyone to have fun and that poo poo is not fun or cool. gently caress a win if I can get a whole lobby on some toxic-abusive-shitter's case in quickplay) it's- it's absolutely the worst decision to do that poo poo in comp or an otherwise 'real' game because the whole team just loses all will and an rear end in a top hat like that will just double down. Maybe in a comp environment... be a bit more subtle that they're being a dick & just relax or whatever, if I were playing comp I'd throw the whole loving game to protest that loving behavior though, that's why I don't play comp because people are so loving obsessed with getting validation through an algorithm they put up with these assholes instead of making them loving disappear from a community because they should loving fall to BRONZE-1 or be doomed to be in some loving shitter's-only matchmaking pool with consistent behavior like that- TRY AGAIN FUCKHEAD or just a report without acknowledging it at all? I remember just doing poo poo like 'calm down man, we're all just trying to win this. I missed a sleep earlier relax!' -make up a mistake I made that might not have even happened sometimes just to cool someone off, like, if they were mad about something the other support did. THAT SAID, something that thickheaded quickplay douchebag in that example deserves a loving report, and a whole lot of ridicule! but a lot of the time they're not as overt in their douchebag behavior... maybe using dumb psychological tricks to not have to examine their own mistakes & reflect. They might not even be aware they're doing it etc. and that kind of poo poo is so sinisterly embedded in a lot of these gamer-brain-rotted idiots it probably isn't reportable. I don't know how to fix that poo poo except in a jokey way; give mercy a loving soap in mouth ability on friendlies that mutes them for 5 games afterwards?

Edit: yeah it's not just the DPS, but in my experience (occasionally queuing with fun lowbies/midbies/whateverbies in QP) supports and tanks try to take this game seriously and genuinely want to learn and improve in their roles. The ones that don't are the outliers. But I dunno I could be wrong about all this, and if you want to challenge it or question it feel free. I don't know what it's like nowadays in OW2 comp but I interact with people in OW2 QP on every level of that ladder. My favorite games lately are playing QP with two players, a gold support and tank. Because I talk to them and we chat about poo poo- they're funny and chill! And their MMR doesn't really make the games markedly easier or whatever. I'm good at pew pew but it's not like the enemy team is all golds or bronzes. I record most of my games, and profile browse after the match is done to see what the enemy team is like; QP is pretty loose about getting players together- usually a good blend of the player-base. When I queue with those two golds sometimes the enemy is all diamonds. But what I do I know, I don't even play comp! Honk honk. I mostly make that joke because since they took away all the old rankings because they 'aren't relevant anymore' I can't even point to my stupid profile and my OW1 rankings and say 'yeah I kinda know what comp is like, don't do it anymore though, got old!' ......but I still have that loving pink bar with 626 hours of comp time so like- if someone profile snoops too quickly & says I never played comp- like there's a bar in the bottom left dude! My stupid mock sleep-dart frag vidya is the only thing I can point to that shows my stupid OW1 masters rank.

Edit again: If something I'm saying is stupid or wrong just loving call me out man, I don't care! I don't have a rep or clout or whatever. I just hate toxicity and poo poo. And bogus advice and poo poo too.

I could go on and on but I got poo poo to do right now. I'm passionate about this loving game & I think about problems like this a lot but I have been wasting a lot of time typing on here, and gotta step away for a bit.

Edit 5,000: corrected a lot of typo's, formatting etc.

OH ONE MORE EDIT: I'm not saying getting heated during a match is some egregious loving sin, but you're playing with a bunch of loving RANDOM PEOPLE WHO DO NOT KNOW YOU ORGANIZED BY A MACHINE; they don't have any idea you're normally chill otherwise & can forgive some poo poo because you tilted a bit much this one time because a lot was dependent on this particular win. just be the first to scream blame! and the accused has no chance to defend themselves because that'll just spark chaos in comms- what is the team going to do call a time out- hash it out real quick? in the middle of the loving game? when there's virtual validation at stake!? like, some people are out of their loving minds the way they disrespect other teammates when they all want the same thing- a dubya. it's stupid as poo poo.

i get called trash all the time by my team ALL the time in quickplay and i don't care, sometimes it might be true! and it's the QP where like yeah who gives a gently caress why not? not something worth reporting over or whatever- just telling somebody they suck a few times in a game isn't the worst thing in the world, especially at the end of game or whatever after a loss. talking poo poo is funny sometimes- ESPECIALLY with the enemy. but making demands of your teammates... making them feel like poo poo in manipulative dumb ways to cover for your own blunders.... not really feeling that. just wish people with the shithead brain that does that would stop doing it or whatever. maybe ask if they wanna do what you wanna do and if they say 'nah' don't tilt, just hash out another gameplan or something. HONK HONK *gets hooked off stage right*

im depressed lol fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jul 29, 2023

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

I LOVE that Mercy kills me. I DIE every time I watch this poo poo.

im depressed lol fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jul 29, 2023

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

Last night I was speccing some cool people's quickplay match and a gold-rank luccio bitched about the Cassidy nade. "This nade is bullshit!" and yeah, that loving Cassidy just kinda tossed it randomly and it stuck to him!

You wanna know why I hate the Cassidy nade?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFW0LWeLCE0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFW0LWeLCE0

The second one- I miss because I missed time it by a.. half second...ish? It flew through her but it kinda clipped through the model? Maybe just over her shoulder? Movement abilities just make it never stick so- Yeah probably- How the gently caress can I aim when I'm thinking that poo poo all confused- OF COURSE I MISSED A BUNCH OF SHOTS- dead anyway but like I could have done SOME damage if I wasn't super-whacked-out in the moment.

By the time I figure this thing out even close to the way I was with the flashbang (I could make magic happen with that fucker sometimes), or even barely approaching the way I am with the sleep dart...

They're gonna loving change it because enough cheap kills are gonna be burned into everyone's memory and I'm gonna have to figure it out whatever new math affects it movement/the speed/the trajectory and poo poo. So yeah, this thing SUCKS. Because even if I get really good at it- and I have already thrown this thing from time to time right where a Tracer recalled to or where a Genji was dashing away to/deflecting blindspot- kinda similiarly to how I got with the flashbang (although this thing will NEVER be as consistent as the bang, however they gently caress with it) hack-players will just call it loving c h e a p. Even GREAT players in the moment will ponder the cheapness factor in the heat of it. And MOST of the tosses ARE gonna be cheap sticks because- hey Junkerqueen doesn't have her ult ALL the time right!? And sometimes you just are lazy and want to confirm a kill!

I'm not obsessive with it- not running drills with someone in a lobby I'm not getting paid for this poo poo or whatever. Whenever I'm playing him I look for opportunities to get it down. And I like learning this poo poo the hardway- I don't wanna even consider searching youtube or whatever.

So yeah, this thing s u c k s. Even when I finally start getting fairly consistent with it- almost no one else is gonna give a poo poo that it was actually a good toss/well timed. But I don't give a gently caress because I just like getting good with it... because it's what's there now and I just like to clown around with a new toy! if you listen close on the first successful one when I turn to her my Kiriko knew what's up!

im depressed lol fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Jul 29, 2023

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I keep thinking your av is an iguana in a sweater whenever I'm not looking directly at it

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

Bees? Igauana? What ever the you view/interpret me as is fine by me, you're posting/viewing this thread so you're definitely not the kind of person I'm throwing massive fireballs of rage at sometimes! Cause like, anyone I'm mad at in this community is not following resources like this thread and other proper places. But like, how are new/lost players ever gonna navigate themselves to safer habors like this?

widespread posted:

I think the main issue would be that not everyone gets the cool players, nor do they get sick moments like yours. Some folks get stuck with tryhards that couldn't get Gold so they take it out on others. Others might get stomped aggressively in an almost machine-like manner at times.

All I know is, I dunno if I should go back to treating OW2 like my drinking game or not.

I don't know how to help ya man, but I read your post. I read every word of every post here; kinda internalize it- it becomes a blob I forgot exactly who said that poo poo etc. etc. like.. I love some of the low-effort shitposts too! I wrote a book under your post sure; not to talk over you but yeah I feel you so I raged out a bit! Over the course of yesterday I popped in and out slapping away at my keyboard with the knowledge I've gained from interacting with all the gems of game-enjoyers I've interacted with/developed friendships with/poo poo-post in QP with/whatever in Overwatch over the years. Some of my posts on here aren't 100% scientifically researched objectively "true" (like I know my mid-master peak Ana main season 5, but the exact number of comp hours on Ana I dunno... I said 500 because I used 500 the previous line for dramatic effect but 500 comp hours by Season 5 sounds high- my profile does say 626 hours total comp hours though, what the gently caress if I had access to the real hours I'd be accurate & honest as poo poo duh) played nearly everyday- multiple hours when I wasn't working or socializing, but I deleted that poo poo because I need space and figured I'd never need to reference them because it's 'no longer relevant' ' to the new 5v5 meta... like hell it's not man, not for strats OF COURSE but human behavior? frustration? being able to point at it quick and have some kind of cred about those loving stairs!? I need space so I deleted almost but not all that footage etc. etc.) but its.. more truthful artistic expressions of the humanity behind the handles-battletags-whatever on there.

Like hey, here's a clue might that help a lot of the guys like you I see feeling like poo poo playing comp in the lower ranks because it's full of no-nothing artless hacks making a mockery of this game's replay by trying to mime the greats or thinking they know anything about it all:

I get drunk on a cool discord group with this mom & her friends every once in a while & have a blast just winging it with her friends (one of whom played comp once out of curiosity & is BRONZE )who started picking up this game. I don't remember her rank- last time I played with her often was 3 years ago?. I see her name pop-up 2 months ago; I remember her! Wasn't she pregnant? I loved playing with her! Look at the friend note I set in battle.net "the LOUD funny one!" So I message her some poo poo like "HEY! How's your kid! ;)" and we hit off immediately again! I ask her, after playing a few with her and her friends did you ever play comp? She says "yeah but they got rid of my rank in the profile. I loved playing serious but there were so many annoying people. Got close to GM!" DIDN'T REMEMBER THAT! Did she? She likes to goof around, who knows! I don't loving know her rank or care. But I see her play Mei in PotG's using walls perfectly, never missing a single icepick to the forehead I say gently caress IF I CARE, SHE'S HAVING FUN! She sometimes has to afk during a match because, well she's a loving MOM- yeah why the gently caress would she play comp now even if she didn't have kid or whatever if she has to split like that? If she had the right environment- hell she might be better than me at this game sober NOW. I don't loving care about some hierarchy whatever poo poo the guys programming that ranking system setup.

So yeah. To anyone! If you hate comp, the cesspool of douche is draining on ya etc.- check out other bits of the game like:

-FFA deathmatch and learn a hero purely mechanically! Don't even give a gently caress if you win (anyone in top 4 counts as a win for the weekly coin-game).

"it's in the refrigerator!" I got killed by this guy ONCE and I KNEW he was going to control those loving mega's and I wasn't ever gonna get CLOSE to chasing him to the number 1 slot. Number 5 endorsement level; private profile. Endless hackusations but scrub-idiots say that poo poo- I knew what he was doing and I watched the 3 games I played with him back-to-back from his perspective and just made this poo poo and never even shared it with him! Didn't even ADD him! loving right everyone who has seen this fucker in FFA DM is running from that evil!
https://twitter.com/earthklaans/status/1676746654781779968

-Hop into quickplay! I almost never get placed with a bronze but I see golds and poo poo in there. I don't know, maybe? If I see some random rear end add that wasn't immediately from a previous QP game I was playing- I'll just block by default because I usually just get added by someone in QP or rarely I'll send an add if a fucker was really cool for whatever reason. So like yeah, maybe if it was 2019 I'd offer to play with you but my new game is just -only- connecting with people in that game through quickplay. or if you're into art or music or retro-games or random OW clips that has no hashtags because I just use it as a clip-bucket and not some horrific ultra-right-wing douchebag (a smidge conservative's fine; ya learn things from talking to people!) maybe look at my twitter? follow/follow-back-whatever i dunno, that's a NOTHER weird art project I've been doing with long-term like my posts in this thread I don't even have a comp rank probably according to OW2's setup- quickplay has its own kinda squirrely MMR poo poo going on so maybe you get placed with some plat's/diamonds in a Quickplay match & learn some stuff that works at that level of play. Make some jokes, compliment good plays- some douches will neg you for being so positive but gently caress THEM.

"Life protects life!' yeah and I'll suck that flower-backbacked fruit's dick if I see some poo poo I never encountered before! This clip ain't me, but I'm in the chat blowing him up.
https://twitter.com/earthklaans/status/1675023842324914176

-Have fun loving around with non-verbal communication via the ping system & binds. Might not want to use my exact setup my binds are setup weirdly odd in a way only I get- like I take my hand off the mouse sometimes and slap a key on my keyboard sometimes if a particular voiceline I rarely use is the right call. Like, because "E" is some v a l u a b l e keyboard real estate not the brightest move to do this- but that's my loving "Hello" button that's why I can so easily say HEY/HELLO/HOWDY as the cowboy so easily to enemy/friendly Mercy's flying by me or whomever in all the dumb clips I make.

So yeah, there is no doubt in my loving mind there have got to be some loving shitlords (and nice people as well!) that are trying to climb those loving stairs for the wrong reasons... like some might also just be the types that get 100% platinum trophies (no shade on that poo poo- Vermintide 2 & Elden Ring are 100% on Steam for me for a reason!). They don't love this game and the ever imperfect magnificence of its character kits, the care so many artists/programmers/developers/game-designers/voice talent/incredible Brain-Trust of elite coaches & world-class talented players and good-role-model god-tier talented players that stream (but I also watch some rando's in this game and other areas there sometimes and I see poo poo I despise but... yeah I mean I empathize with having to make a living- you're in chet bazo's digital warehouse thinger but at least you're not pissing into a plastic thinger in a corner to make a quota- not gonna call attention to that.. poo poo sucks blows my mind when I see blurbs about data saying kids aspire to have that kinda job) ... every god drat well-intentioned person putting their honest best effort into it & its community since pre-release to even today, trying to make this zoo of a new IP and team-based player vs. player game work.

But yeah, those idiots/dumbies/gamer-brain-rotted artless idiots in the lower ranks that I doubt anyone taking the care to read the poo poo I've been writing- whatever artful or simple language you want to label them they suck! If you're taking the time to read this poo poo, I'm not talking about you! Don't feel even remotely feel like any rage I'm sending out there is directed you! They're treating it as some disposable entertainment commodity. That's the way I play some games though- sometimes you play a game because it's something new you're feeling out to kill time. But man, when those fucks start putting in time and are hard-stuck I don't loving get it. I only put serious time into games that I become in love with like, I lost my mind with Elden Ring last summer so hard I didn't even load OW1 once that summer. And this is probably my "favorite" "modern" game. This or Vermintide 2- less hours in that one but let me tangent here a minute.

I loving adore Vermintide 2. A lot of jank there- even today! But very very rough for 6 months+ after release. But man, the kind of artless poo poo I saw people who did 'analysis' and told the community the 'meta'- I could not believe people didn't figure out the power of certain builds with Kerillian. I'd discuss this poo poo with people but no one would loving give a poo poo when I told them 'Hey, hagbane/2-hand sword- pretty loving good man! try it out!' because whatever some 'higher authority' just erased whatever some fellow-game-enjoyer suggested because it evaporated from their mind the moment they spent 3 hours watching some guy with a face cam explaining the 'proper' way to play it. That game didn't have the brain-trust like Overwatch- does developing and devouring the optimal play-styles and poo poo- grinding- strats in scrims I don't know what kind of madness you guys try at the top to see if it works like that coach in here does with his community- if that guy tossed a lightning bolt on me from the commanding heights and told me to gtfo this thread I'd probably ghost after failing to apologize & get right by him- i'd stop doing my dumb-art-love-letter nonsense in an instant- no way would I not listen to someone like that who knows their poo poo about this game, but I hope he feels me that yeah I'm weird but I just say what's on my mind- I'm impulsive as hell when I'm passionate poo poo - but yeah... Vermintide 2 brain-trust? just a couple guys with jobs on cam in the purple icon site vee tee's sweatshop, or a subreddit, hard thing to, I'd do a way worse job with that kind of pressure. Plus focusing on EVERY character in the game, giving advice to an audience? Yeah, maybe you miss something or whatever. Yeah, whatever those 'higher-authorities' told LOTS of people how to play Vermintide 2 'properly', and yeah the poo poo they said "worked"... but man I was just trying poo poo out on my own because like-- I'll look for a tip- I'll try it out whatever, but I found the play-style that made me like... forget I was even playing a video game man. I got so locked in with that 2-hand sword and brilliant crowd-tempo-controlling hagbane I would sometimes hard-carry entire pub-teams on the highest difficulty. Documented, it's on my loving youtube, no point in linking it because this is the Overwatch thread and I don't monetize that poo poo because chasing that income-dragon is a loving nightmare- gently caress that I just like spending 2 hours making videos because I just love it purely for the art of it that only 50 max people ever view it? Sometimes 5!? I don't spam these clips anywhere! Just like links in DM's and poo poo. And I'm fine with that! Not a god at video games, I'd fuckup hard a lot- sometimes I'd die because I lost my cool for whatever reason.

But like, just the weird... like... 'annoyance' that no one would try some poo poo I suggested- I just kinda didn't wanna be too pushy about or whatever- like my opinion about that poo poo was not 'worthless' but... kinda a curiosity or whatever and.... yeah. Was I disheartened? gently caress no! I didn't loving care man! I just posted one video of me doing it, left some tips maybe even posted on SA a bit I on it? I don't care to look! I just let that poo poo roll right off me and moved on! Because gently caress, it worked for me and I had a blast doing poo poo that suited my play-style!

There wasn't some weird ladder in that game that people were trying to do the right thing on yet were endlessly failing, possibly blaming themselves or hating the game because the other people playing it didn't appreciate the game, or were loud douche-bags on comms- maybe duoing with a yes-man cuck-buddy... sounding too dully-confident- demanding you respect them as an authority on the game or weren't following the right resources they were or were getting fed garbage information by lovely google skills- hell the strats by the Vermintide 2 "Brain-trust" initially created DID work, they just weren't 'for me' after I hosed around with builds for a bit. But the fact that I barely saw a loving breadcrumb to the beauty of tempo-crowd-control aspects of that loving brilliant poison bomb weapon & the tank-melt potential it had if you asked your team for a strength pot if you didn't get one yourself...and that 2-handed sword was lovely as gently caress on paper and if you spent like 2 minutes hitting poo poo with it & crunched the numbers you'd dismiss it. But the sweeping action in concert with a bunch of rats gagging and getting dotted by that poison like... you had to be a little creative in how you played- it was artful and fun! Like yeah, it's a loving dumb player vs. AI game- you could brute-force and challenge yourself with the shittiest weapons and still 100% clear that game all modes all difficulties if you were good enough and determined enough.

Then they fixed a lot of poo poo and I re-read some meta and yeah I just loving copy-pasted an optimal build with the hagbane I found online and had to adapt to it a bit but of course eventually an optimal loving build on Waystalker Kerillian was developed over time by the thousands of people and the streamers that were grinding that poo poo. That game got hurt and broke a bit... and the people I played with in certain poo poo & the pro-guys into that game did poo poo I could never do like.... but oh my god me and a long-term friend and some new-guys loving murdered our minds trying to get deeper into that snaking-death-trap-fun-house of the weaves expansion- I could write a small novel on that hell. Invisible loving enemies, endlessly draining health, constantly changing elements as you went deeper in committed to a specific skill-path etc. etc. I don't even remember the specifics it was enough for me to tap out and even that long-term friend stopped not too long after me and that fucker loves a challenge. And he loving was the only guy I talked to who KNEW my Kerillian build and playstyle was the loving righteous murder-machine I knew it was (well when I didn't gently caress up!) in the early days of that game- because I played that game with him forever. I didn't have to convince him or crunch numbers; he just loving played the game with me!

So like, yeah I don't have any credibility or whatever on Overwatch strats and poo poo- I tapped out because like--- dude I could never have made it to grandmaster- holy gently caress never ever even if I got reprimanded by a teammate I respected in a brutally honest objective way like 'fuckhead, we're taking this poo poo seriously bro, we want to get up there and you're loving it up- STOP that poo poo! and yeah dude I'd just stop playing comp because, gently caress if I can't control 100% of the time to not tilt at douchebag Genji's murdering me in comms in a lovely Razer headset mic that sounded like wispy garbage trash that I couldn't decipher.... because I missed a sleep on a Winston diving me while I had that dumb loving ninja in my sights like he was my loving first-born and he spooked me and I whiffed a sleep loving hard- like that Winston knew what he was doing I was a dumb masters scrub ana not used to s m a r t as s h i t opponents exploiting scrub weakness like that, I wouldn't be able to control my dumb impulsive clown poo poo either! Yeah, I suck in different ways; I can't take poo poo too seriously when I'm having fun!

Loved the experience though, I would get matchmade with a bunch of great guys and I'd just be dumb and do dumb impulsive sub-optimal poo poo- I'd loving nano a Zen for no loving reason because we were doing so well in a match & he made me laugh earlier- masters match!- & good guys were chill AS gently caress about that dumb careless poo poo I pulled- they laughed with me when I did stupid-impulsive-I'm-just-so-happy-to-not-be-playing-with-douchebages poo poo- they loving knew without plainly saying 'alright this guy is something else- it's just this one game-whatever bro do you! not gonna add ya, but we're laughing!' I'm pretty sure we still won that one- temple of anubis maybe....

Like yeah, so gently caress yeah eventually I just got mad and wanted to fall down those loving stairs by aping the DPS's I got so mad at, trying to hang where poo poo starts getting hard. don't got the discipline for this poo poo, I get mad at mechanically gifted but demanding/lovely communicator DPS's but god I don't to want to gently caress up the game for people who are trying loving hard and a bozo in another color of suit like those DPS-trash is loving it up for them!

The best part is like, I rage about those DPS/Genji's that are great but really lacking in empathy/communication skills/self-awareness/WHATEVER.... from 3100-3500ish I was duoing with a loving Genji and that guy LOVED me! He loving NEVER once EVER blamed me for ANYTHING and was just happy to be playing with a guy who had his back and wanted the same thing- a dubya. But he checked out at masters, and I was like 'ah gently caress it, let's go a little higher!'. I don't remember that guy's name, but he was chill as gently caress Genji. Probably doesn't remember either, probably doesn't even play Overwatch anymore!

So like, yeah, I'm clowning around on here. Just trying to find a way to relate with all the spectrum of people reading/posting in this thread man. Like, I don't know what it's like nowadays to actually be in comp in OW2- the meta's all different- gently caress I played Pharrah only in that joke of Season 1 OW1 and like--- yeah I played Pharrah because I loved playing Quake back in the day and.. pretty much instantly you realize so many loving people couldn't pew-pew hitscan back then. I got some number between 70-75? And then Season 2 you try Pharrah a bit and EVERY ONE COULD MURDER THAT BIRD if you didn't play smarter! so yeah if I'm talking out of line just let me know. I just don't see anyone putting effort-posts in describing the human side of that ladder-climb and poo poo. I got a bunch of idea's for future posts- some of them half-written already, maybe a little note on my phone when I'm bored waiting for something away from home. but I gotta go some poo poo and I just can not stress like... man we got a really low-attention-span media information environment right now, this is probably the only venue I got to just write some poo poo long-form and also is populated by a bunch of folks into this game what not. could write more about that information environment, might do it in a sneaky way I dunno! etc. etc. I gotta go!

tl;dr Advice: Just loving find people who are into this game like you, get a little better, watch a streamer you like who isn't doing dumb poo poo for eye-balls and also gives advice on the ladder I dunno I loving hate that website popped on the other day, watch Kephrii for 20 minutes- playing that game like an elite soldier, I can't play widow but still it's cool to watch a guy be that good and still swap if it ain't working watch this loving video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgzMAYBH7Gk because I loved this guy.... just from only one watch- haven't even watched any other of his poo poo- don't even know if he streams (... pretty sure he streams!) because I don't like watching streams! but I have to know what so many people are looking at! So, mentally prepare with a radioactive brain-condom- usually, pop-in, get a feel for a guy, click around a bit and loving BOOK IT because oh my god do I hate that purple stupidhole of a thing people look at- also that youtube it's 6 months old, talks about how getting heated is alright, stats, NOT being afraid to die- seems like a genuine guy who loves the community, he says the metal ranks people climb more based on stats? sounds like a problem if the wrong kind of metal-rank DPS-douchebag gets only thatmessage and nothing else in that great video- watch the whole loving thing and don't just close it after you hear that maybe people in this thread got issues with him I dunno! Maybe try comp again in a month if you do any of the poo poo I suggested if you're frustrated etc.

(same youtube I just wanted to embed if some people are into that instead, click-baity title but come on, that youtube rat-race sucks. don't judge it/him based on that)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgzMAYBH7Gk

Edit: Added an example of how you tell a player they did some good poo poo, twitter clip!
Edit: And another one! Another bit of love at some fucker knowing the game and doing it with style.
Edit: Little corrections.
Edit: Even littler fixes! 6:52pm
Edit: Super duper clear- anyone I recommend is NOT associated with me; I'm pointing you to the good guys I see that are nice and poo poo. Because I think there are a lot of people that, maybe, (not him!; never got the vibe from that player or whomever I point to before or since or later) want to say the poo poo or something similar I say/rant/ramble on about, but can not because they... well you know I mean PFFFFFFFFT they're too nice! and other people I care not to mention.... they're.... they're stuck on grinds of their own. I'm kinda free to just talk poo poo because... idontwannamakeanymoneywiththisshit!
I'M JUST SO loving MAD THEY REMOVED MY loving OW1 STATS!
Edit: Hey it's the next day, July 30th. 9:25am. I noticed a single typo because I really am putting effort into this because some people here brag & say they are at the highest levels of this game's community and I really am trying here, doing what I know I can do pretty well, just like the Top 500's and the good people in the metal ranks doing their best struggle-busing on those loving stairs, so I wouldn't be doing this if I didn't love everything about this game. So yeah HONK HONK, buddy maybe learn something from what I'm saying and I dunno... talk to people you know about it? Tell them you noticed this poo poo, I don't want any credit if a solution is made! Yeah, if you think it would help, tell someone at Blizzard I want like.. a million bucks (and/or some REALLY good benefits) to do it but I'll figure out how to make a CIA (Clown Intelligence Agency) for this game! Then I'll still (probably, I mean, I dunno, I might need the money if it ever gets to that point) say no and tell those loving art-less suits to loving climb that staircase and FIGURE IT OUT YOURSELVES! I dunno, google it! The people in charge seem to have a fun time relying on machines to figure out a solution for them, just like everyone in this game refers to themselves as a Rank Insignia instead of a human being playing a video game! *squirts you with a fake flower from my lepal*

im depressed lol fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jul 30, 2023

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

h̷̲̬̥̳̤̭̲̱̹͍̟͓͐o̸̢̧̧̯̰̬͚̖̘̺͈͛̀͐̋̒̾̍̌̀̈̋̍̕ṉ̷̲̮͇̙͆̊͒͂̕̚͠k̷̡̢̢̪̤͖̠͂̑͊̈̑̾̓͒̏́͝ ̴̢̢̩̀̒̄͂̏̓͊̍ͅh̶̦̱̻̳̱͙͒̀̀͂͠ö̴̖͈͉́̍̊n̷̙͍̠̪̟͖͔̘̽̌̉͊́͆k̵͕̗̯̃͆̈́̄̿̏͛̋͑͌̏͆̉̕͜͝

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

im depressed lol posted:

*squirts you with a fake flower from my lapel*

Wait, hold on.... -what!?

She has an ult that forces ANOTHER hero to say things-
She makes people go to BED?
She SHOOTS people to HEAL them!? And t h e n
She throws some poo poo & doesn't let the OTHER people get healed?
She's the greatest loving clown I've ever played!

"Taking my seeing-eye Genji out for a stroll on Colosseo"
I play Ana... like my favorite guitar, so turn the sound on FELLOW GAME-ENJOYER
https://twitter.com/earthklaans/status/1673502197642829824

PotG BTW, I just think that interface is more interesting- no I didn't add those voicelilnes in post- I bind 'what are you thinking!?' to mouse wheel down

You think I want some computer making GBS threads out a number telling me how good I play guitar!?

I LOVE HER TO DEATH- SHE IS THE FU N N I E S T CHARACTER IN ANY VIDEO GAME EVER MADE If you don't find her loving hilarious as well you're the idiot, not me!

im depressed lol posted:

loving right everyone who has seen this fucker in FFA DM is running from that evil!
Okay, maybe you're running something like NoScript or hate that emerald cuck king's bird media domain so you block everything from there. So you'd never see my twitter links; here's a youtube instead!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGgrwXgsbbQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGgrwXgsbbQ

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

im depressed lol posted:

emerald cuck king's bird media domain

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Not sure if this was posted but here's an interesting breakdown basically laying the blame for OW2's development woes at the feet of Bobby Kottick's obsession with Overwatch League.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn2B6-zm2vw

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Replaying a few games and I think the other reason i'm falling off this is because so many characters kinda suck to play against.

Mei/Sombra/Pharmercy/Pharecho/Ball/Hanzo/Widow are all just so boring to fight. Especially from a tank pov. Really getting tired of pinging an enemy widow, saying "you don't need to peek her, i'll get her when she grapples" and then watching everyone get headshot.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
of literally all the things that don't belong in this game, widow/hanzo one shots are the single biggest thing that just gently caress up the flow of the game and undermine their vision for how the game is meant to be played. like I don't think the low-ttk, teamwork-heavy character shooter is a bad concept whatsoever, but having two characters that just ignore the design of the entire rest of the game and for whom the primary counterplay is to just play them better is so bad for the game. widow especially. I say this as someone who played a ton of widow because that was the hitscan dps meta when I played on a team.

Also: if the widow is having fun it's a boring game for the other 11 9 players

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Jul 31, 2023

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006

im depressed lol posted:

Over four thousand words in one post

Hey I'm not trying to give you a hard time because you clearly love this once great game (and love writing posts) but this is a lot and the combination of emboldened text, spurious spoiler tags, egregious stylistic & typesetting flourishes and sheer wordcount makes your posting very hard to read or follow.

I hope this doesn't sound too patronising, but a good rule of thumb for writing and communicating well is asking 'what can I delete, and still make my point coherently?'. Sometimes I will type out a post in a forum, summarise it with a TLDR, and then end up deleting everything besides the TLDR because it turned out that was helping me get my point across.

As a reader, reading a post that long but which is ultimately very performative and not very substantive, makes me feel like the poster is more interested in exhibiting themselves than they are contributing to a discussion. Plus - another writing tip for ya - the more balls you try to keep in the air with a single piece of written communication, the more likely you are for some of them to fall flat, and the ones that fall flat end up being more distracting than whatever salient points you are trying to make.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

of literally all the things that don't belong in this game, widow/hanzo one shots are the single biggest thing that just gently caress up the flow of the game and undermine their vision for how the game is meant to be played. like I don't think the low-ttk, teamwork-heavy character shooter is a bad concept whatsoever, but having two characters that just ignore the design of the entire rest of the game and for whom the primary counterplay is to just play them better is so bad for the game. widow especially. I say this as someone who played a ton of widow because that was the hitscan dps meta when I played on a team.

Not just that, but the ult charge mechanic directly disincentivizes switching to counter. If a Sniper in TF2 is popping off there's nothing stopping switching things up myself but OW forces me to weigh the relative cost of losing my 80% ult and the potential cascading consequences of losing that ult momentum, and that's a tough decision to be making in the ten seconds I have before I need to be out the door to join up with the team again.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Yeah, its kinda why the games trending the way it is. Healers are so strong that you need to have effective burst. You either do that with one shots or something that can hit as hard as a pharmercy rocket.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

im depressed lol posted:

Bees? Igauana? What ever the you view/interpret me as is fine by me, you're posting/viewing this thread so you're definitely not the kind of person I'm throwing massive fireballs of rage at sometimes! Cause like, anyone I'm mad at in this community is not following resources like this thread and other proper places. But like, how are new/lost players ever gonna navigate themselves to safer habors like this?

I don't know how to help ya man, but I read your post. I read every word of every post here; kinda internalize it- it becomes a blob I forgot exactly who said that poo poo etc. etc. like.. I love some of the low-effort shitposts too! I wrote a book under your post sure; not to talk over you but yeah I feel you so I raged out a bit! Over the course of yesterday I popped in and out slapping away at my keyboard with the knowledge I've gained from interacting with all the gems of game-enjoyers I've interacted with/developed friendships with/poo poo-post in QP with/whatever in Overwatch over the years. Some of my posts on here aren't 100% scientifically researched objectively "true" (like I know my mid-master peak Ana main season 5, but the exact number of comp hours on Ana I dunno... I said 500 because I used 500 the previous line for dramatic effect but 500 comp hours by Season 5 sounds high- my profile does say 626 hours total comp hours though, what the gently caress if I had access to the real hours I'd be accurate & honest as poo poo duh) played nearly everyday- multiple hours when I wasn't working or socializing, but I deleted that poo poo because I need space and figured I'd never need to reference them because it's 'no longer relevant' ' to the new 5v5 meta... like hell it's not man, not for strats OF COURSE but human behavior? frustration? being able to point at it quick and have some kind of cred about those loving stairs!? I need space so I deleted almost but not all that footage etc. etc.) but its.. more truthful artistic expressions of the humanity behind the handles-battletags-whatever on there.

Like hey, here's a clue might that help a lot of the guys like you I see feeling like poo poo playing comp in the lower ranks because it's full of no-nothing artless hacks making a mockery of this game's replay by trying to mime the greats or thinking they know anything about it all:

I get drunk on a cool discord group with this mom & her friends every once in a while & have a blast just winging it with her friends (one of whom played comp once out of curiosity & is BRONZE )who started picking up this game. I don't remember her rank- last time I played with her often was 3 years ago?. I see her name pop-up 2 months ago; I remember her! Wasn't she pregnant? I loved playing with her! Look at the friend note I set in battle.net "the LOUD funny one!" So I message her some poo poo like "HEY! How's your kid! ;)" and we hit off immediately again! I ask her, after playing a few with her and her friends did you ever play comp? She says "yeah but they got rid of my rank in the profile. I loved playing serious but there were so many annoying people. Got close to GM!" DIDN'T REMEMBER THAT! Did she? She likes to goof around, who knows! I don't loving know her rank or care. But I see her play Mei in PotG's using walls perfectly, never missing a single icepick to the forehead I say gently caress IF I CARE, SHE'S HAVING FUN! She sometimes has to afk during a match because, well she's a loving MOM- yeah why the gently caress would she play comp now even if she didn't have kid or whatever if she has to split like that? If she had the right environment- hell she might be better than me at this game sober NOW. I don't loving care about some hierarchy whatever poo poo the guys programming that ranking system setup.

So yeah. To anyone! If you hate comp, the cesspool of douche is draining on ya etc.- check out other bits of the game like:

-FFA deathmatch and learn a hero purely mechanically! Don't even give a gently caress if you win (anyone in top 4 counts as a win for the weekly coin-game).

"it's in the refrigerator!" I got killed by this guy ONCE and I KNEW he was going to control those loving mega's and I wasn't ever gonna get CLOSE to chasing him to the number 1 slot. Number 5 endorsement level; private profile. Endless hackusations but scrub-idiots say that poo poo- I knew what he was doing and I watched the 3 games I played with him back-to-back from his perspective and just made this poo poo and never even shared it with him! Didn't even ADD him! loving right everyone who has seen this fucker in FFA DM is running from that evil!
https://twitter.com/earthklaans/status/1676746654781779968

-Hop into quickplay! I almost never get placed with a bronze but I see golds and poo poo in there. I don't know, maybe? If I see some random rear end add that wasn't immediately from a previous QP game I was playing- I'll just block by default because I usually just get added by someone in QP or rarely I'll send an add if a fucker was really cool for whatever reason. So like yeah, maybe if it was 2019 I'd offer to play with you but my new game is just -only- connecting with people in that game through quickplay. or if you're into art or music or retro-games or random OW clips that has no hashtags because I just use it as a clip-bucket and not some horrific ultra-right-wing douchebag (a smidge conservative's fine; ya learn things from talking to people!) maybe look at my twitter? follow/follow-back-whatever i dunno, that's a NOTHER weird art project I've been doing with long-term like my posts in this thread I don't even have a comp rank probably according to OW2's setup- quickplay has its own kinda squirrely MMR poo poo going on so maybe you get placed with some plat's/diamonds in a Quickplay match & learn some stuff that works at that level of play. Make some jokes, compliment good plays- some douches will neg you for being so positive but gently caress THEM.

"Life protects life!' yeah and I'll suck that flower-backbacked fruit's dick if I see some poo poo I never encountered before! This clip ain't me, but I'm in the chat blowing him up.
https://twitter.com/earthklaans/status/1675023842324914176

-Have fun loving around with non-verbal communication via the ping system & binds. Might not want to use my exact setup my binds are setup weirdly odd in a way only I get- like I take my hand off the mouse sometimes and slap a key on my keyboard sometimes if a particular voiceline I rarely use is the right call. Like, because "E" is some v a l u a b l e keyboard real estate not the brightest move to do this- but that's my loving "Hello" button that's why I can so easily say HEY/HELLO/HOWDY as the cowboy so easily to enemy/friendly Mercy's flying by me or whomever in all the dumb clips I make.

So yeah, there is no doubt in my loving mind there have got to be some loving shitlords (and nice people as well!) that are trying to climb those loving stairs for the wrong reasons... like some might also just be the types that get 100% platinum trophies (no shade on that poo poo- Vermintide 2 & Elden Ring are 100% on Steam for me for a reason!). They don't love this game and the ever imperfect magnificence of its character kits, the care so many artists/programmers/developers/game-designers/voice talent/incredible Brain-Trust of elite coaches & world-class talented players and good-role-model god-tier talented players that stream (but I also watch some rando's in this game and other areas there sometimes and I see poo poo I despise but... yeah I mean I empathize with having to make a living- you're in chet bazo's digital warehouse thinger but at least you're not pissing into a plastic thinger in a corner to make a quota- not gonna call attention to that.. poo poo sucks blows my mind when I see blurbs about data saying kids aspire to have that kinda job) ... every god drat well-intentioned person putting their honest best effort into it & its community since pre-release to even today, trying to make this zoo of a new IP and team-based player vs. player game work.

But yeah, those idiots/dumbies/gamer-brain-rotted artless idiots in the lower ranks that I doubt anyone taking the care to read the poo poo I've been writing- whatever artful or simple language you want to label them they suck! If you're taking the time to read this poo poo, I'm not talking about you! Don't feel even remotely feel like any rage I'm sending out there is directed you! They're treating it as some disposable entertainment commodity. That's the way I play some games though- sometimes you play a game because it's something new you're feeling out to kill time. But man, when those fucks start putting in time and are hard-stuck I don't loving get it. I only put serious time into games that I become in love with like, I lost my mind with Elden Ring last summer so hard I didn't even load OW1 once that summer. And this is probably my "favorite" "modern" game. This or Vermintide 2- less hours in that one but let me tangent here a minute.

I loving adore Vermintide 2. A lot of jank there- even today! But very very rough for 6 months+ after release. But man, the kind of artless poo poo I saw people who did 'analysis' and told the community the 'meta'- I could not believe people didn't figure out the power of certain builds with Kerillian. I'd discuss this poo poo with people but no one would loving give a poo poo when I told them 'Hey, hagbane/2-hand sword- pretty loving good man! try it out!' because whatever some 'higher authority' just erased whatever some fellow-game-enjoyer suggested because it evaporated from their mind the moment they spent 3 hours watching some guy with a face cam explaining the 'proper' way to play it. That game didn't have the brain-trust like Overwatch- does developing and devouring the optimal play-styles and poo poo- grinding- strats in scrims I don't know what kind of madness you guys try at the top to see if it works like that coach in here does with his community- if that guy tossed a lightning bolt on me from the commanding heights and told me to gtfo this thread I'd probably ghost after failing to apologize & get right by him- i'd stop doing my dumb-art-love-letter nonsense in an instant- no way would I not listen to someone like that who knows their poo poo about this game, but I hope he feels me that yeah I'm weird but I just say what's on my mind- I'm impulsive as hell when I'm passionate poo poo - but yeah... Vermintide 2 brain-trust? just a couple guys with jobs on cam in the purple icon site vee tee's sweatshop, or a subreddit, hard thing to, I'd do a way worse job with that kind of pressure. Plus focusing on EVERY character in the game, giving advice to an audience? Yeah, maybe you miss something or whatever. Yeah, whatever those 'higher-authorities' told LOTS of people how to play Vermintide 2 'properly', and yeah the poo poo they said "worked"... but man I was just trying poo poo out on my own because like-- I'll look for a tip- I'll try it out whatever, but I found the play-style that made me like... forget I was even playing a video game man. I got so locked in with that 2-hand sword and brilliant crowd-tempo-controlling hagbane I would sometimes hard-carry entire pub-teams on the highest difficulty. Documented, it's on my loving youtube, no point in linking it because this is the Overwatch thread and I don't monetize that poo poo because chasing that income-dragon is a loving nightmare- gently caress that I just like spending 2 hours making videos because I just love it purely for the art of it that only 50 max people ever view it? Sometimes 5!? I don't spam these clips anywhere! Just like links in DM's and poo poo. And I'm fine with that! Not a god at video games, I'd fuckup hard a lot- sometimes I'd die because I lost my cool for whatever reason.

But like, just the weird... like... 'annoyance' that no one would try some poo poo I suggested- I just kinda didn't wanna be too pushy about or whatever- like my opinion about that poo poo was not 'worthless' but... kinda a curiosity or whatever and.... yeah. Was I disheartened? gently caress no! I didn't loving care man! I just posted one video of me doing it, left some tips maybe even posted on SA a bit I on it? I don't care to look! I just let that poo poo roll right off me and moved on! Because gently caress, it worked for me and I had a blast doing poo poo that suited my play-style!

There wasn't some weird ladder in that game that people were trying to do the right thing on yet were endlessly failing, possibly blaming themselves or hating the game because the other people playing it didn't appreciate the game, or were loud douche-bags on comms- maybe duoing with a yes-man cuck-buddy... sounding too dully-confident- demanding you respect them as an authority on the game or weren't following the right resources they were or were getting fed garbage information by lovely google skills- hell the strats by the Vermintide 2 "Brain-trust" initially created DID work, they just weren't 'for me' after I hosed around with builds for a bit. But the fact that I barely saw a loving breadcrumb to the beauty of tempo-crowd-control aspects of that loving brilliant poison bomb weapon & the tank-melt potential it had if you asked your team for a strength pot if you didn't get one yourself...and that 2-handed sword was lovely as gently caress on paper and if you spent like 2 minutes hitting poo poo with it & crunched the numbers you'd dismiss it. But the sweeping action in concert with a bunch of rats gagging and getting dotted by that poison like... you had to be a little creative in how you played- it was artful and fun! Like yeah, it's a loving dumb player vs. AI game- you could brute-force and challenge yourself with the shittiest weapons and still 100% clear that game all modes all difficulties if you were good enough and determined enough.

Then they fixed a lot of poo poo and I re-read some meta and yeah I just loving copy-pasted an optimal build with the hagbane I found online and had to adapt to it a bit but of course eventually an optimal loving build on Waystalker Kerillian was developed over time by the thousands of people and the streamers that were grinding that poo poo. That game got hurt and broke a bit... and the people I played with in certain poo poo & the pro-guys into that game did poo poo I could never do like.... but oh my god me and a long-term friend and some new-guys loving murdered our minds trying to get deeper into that snaking-death-trap-fun-house of the weaves expansion- I could write a small novel on that hell. Invisible loving enemies, endlessly draining health, constantly changing elements as you went deeper in committed to a specific skill-path etc. etc. I don't even remember the specifics it was enough for me to tap out and even that long-term friend stopped not too long after me and that fucker loves a challenge. And he loving was the only guy I talked to who KNEW my Kerillian build and playstyle was the loving righteous murder-machine I knew it was (well when I didn't gently caress up!) in the early days of that game- because I played that game with him forever. I didn't have to convince him or crunch numbers; he just loving played the game with me!

So like, yeah I don't have any credibility or whatever on Overwatch strats and poo poo- I tapped out because like--- dude I could never have made it to grandmaster- holy gently caress never ever even if I got reprimanded by a teammate I respected in a brutally honest objective way like 'fuckhead, we're taking this poo poo seriously bro, we want to get up there and you're loving it up- STOP that poo poo! and yeah dude I'd just stop playing comp because, gently caress if I can't control 100% of the time to not tilt at douchebag Genji's murdering me in comms in a lovely Razer headset mic that sounded like wispy garbage trash that I couldn't decipher.... because I missed a sleep on a Winston diving me while I had that dumb loving ninja in my sights like he was my loving first-born and he spooked me and I whiffed a sleep loving hard- like that Winston knew what he was doing I was a dumb masters scrub ana not used to s m a r t as s h i t opponents exploiting scrub weakness like that, I wouldn't be able to control my dumb impulsive clown poo poo either! Yeah, I suck in different ways; I can't take poo poo too seriously when I'm having fun!

Loved the experience though, I would get matchmade with a bunch of great guys and I'd just be dumb and do dumb impulsive sub-optimal poo poo- I'd loving nano a Zen for no loving reason because we were doing so well in a match & he made me laugh earlier- masters match!- & good guys were chill AS gently caress about that dumb careless poo poo I pulled- they laughed with me when I did stupid-impulsive-I'm-just-so-happy-to-not-be-playing-with-douchebages poo poo- they loving knew without plainly saying 'alright this guy is something else- it's just this one game-whatever bro do you! not gonna add ya, but we're laughing!' I'm pretty sure we still won that one- temple of anubis maybe....

Like yeah, so gently caress yeah eventually I just got mad and wanted to fall down those loving stairs by aping the DPS's I got so mad at, trying to hang where poo poo starts getting hard. don't got the discipline for this poo poo, I get mad at mechanically gifted but demanding/lovely communicator DPS's but god I don't to want to gently caress up the game for people who are trying loving hard and a bozo in another color of suit like those DPS-trash is loving it up for them!

The best part is like, I rage about those DPS/Genji's that are great but really lacking in empathy/communication skills/self-awareness/WHATEVER.... from 3100-3500ish I was duoing with a loving Genji and that guy LOVED me! He loving NEVER once EVER blamed me for ANYTHING and was just happy to be playing with a guy who had his back and wanted the same thing- a dubya. But he checked out at masters, and I was like 'ah gently caress it, let's go a little higher!'. I don't remember that guy's name, but he was chill as gently caress Genji. Probably doesn't remember either, probably doesn't even play Overwatch anymore!

So like, yeah, I'm clowning around on here. Just trying to find a way to relate with all the spectrum of people reading/posting in this thread man. Like, I don't know what it's like nowadays to actually be in comp in OW2- the meta's all different- gently caress I played Pharrah only in that joke of Season 1 OW1 and like--- yeah I played Pharrah because I loved playing Quake back in the day and.. pretty much instantly you realize so many loving people couldn't pew-pew hitscan back then. I got some number between 70-75? And then Season 2 you try Pharrah a bit and EVERY ONE COULD MURDER THAT BIRD if you didn't play smarter! so yeah if I'm talking out of line just let me know. I just don't see anyone putting effort-posts in describing the human side of that ladder-climb and poo poo. I got a bunch of idea's for future posts- some of them half-written already, maybe a little note on my phone when I'm bored waiting for something away from home. but I gotta go some poo poo and I just can not stress like... man we got a really low-attention-span media information environment right now, this is probably the only venue I got to just write some poo poo long-form and also is populated by a bunch of folks into this game what not. could write more about that information environment, might do it in a sneaky way I dunno! etc. etc. I gotta go!

tl;dr Advice: Just loving find people who are into this game like you, get a little better, watch a streamer you like who isn't doing dumb poo poo for eye-balls and also gives advice on the ladder I dunno I loving hate that website popped on the other day, watch Kephrii for 20 minutes- playing that game like an elite soldier, I can't play widow but still it's cool to watch a guy be that good and still swap if it ain't working watch this loving video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgzMAYBH7Gk because I loved this guy.... just from only one watch- haven't even watched any other of his poo poo- don't even know if he streams (... pretty sure he streams!) because I don't like watching streams! but I have to know what so many people are looking at! So, mentally prepare with a radioactive brain-condom- usually, pop-in, get a feel for a guy, click around a bit and loving BOOK IT because oh my god do I hate that purple stupidhole of a thing people look at- also that youtube it's 6 months old, talks about how getting heated is alright, stats, NOT being afraid to die- seems like a genuine guy who loves the community, he says the metal ranks people climb more based on stats? sounds like a problem if the wrong kind of metal-rank DPS-douchebag gets only thatmessage and nothing else in that great video- watch the whole loving thing and don't just close it after you hear that maybe people in this thread got issues with him I dunno! Maybe try comp again in a month if you do any of the poo poo I suggested if you're frustrated etc.

(same youtube I just wanted to embed if some people are into that instead, click-baity title but come on, that youtube rat-race sucks. don't judge it/him based on that)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgzMAYBH7Gk

Edit: Added an example of how you tell a player they did some good poo poo, twitter clip!
Edit: And another one! Another bit of love at some fucker knowing the game and doing it with style.
Edit: Little corrections.
Edit: Even littler fixes! 6:52pm
Edit: Super duper clear- anyone I recommend is NOT associated with me; I'm pointing you to the good guys I see that are nice and poo poo. Because I think there are a lot of people that, maybe, (not him!; never got the vibe from that player or whomever I point to before or since or later) want to say the poo poo or something similar I say/rant/ramble on about, but can not because they... well you know I mean PFFFFFFFFT they're too nice! and other people I care not to mention.... they're.... they're stuck on grinds of their own. I'm kinda free to just talk poo poo because... idontwannamakeanymoneywiththisshit!
I'M JUST SO loving MAD THEY REMOVED MY loving OW1 STATS!
Edit: Hey it's the next day, July 30th. 9:25am. I noticed a single typo because I really am putting effort into this because some people here brag & say they are at the highest levels of this game's community and I really am trying here, doing what I know I can do pretty well, just like the Top 500's and the good people in the metal ranks doing their best struggle-busing on those loving stairs, so I wouldn't be doing this if I didn't love everything about this game. So yeah HONK HONK, buddy maybe learn something from what I'm saying and I dunno... talk to people you know about it? Tell them you noticed this poo poo, I don't want any credit if a solution is made! Yeah, if you think it would help, tell someone at Blizzard I want like.. a million bucks (and/or some REALLY good benefits) to do it but I'll figure out how to make a CIA (Clown Intelligence Agency) for this game! Then I'll still (probably, I mean, I dunno, I might need the money if it ever gets to that point) say no and tell those loving art-less suits to loving climb that staircase and FIGURE IT OUT YOURSELVES! I dunno, google it! The people in charge seem to have a fun time relying on machines to figure out a solution for them, just like everyone in this game refers to themselves as a Rank Insignia instead of a human being playing a video game! *squirts you with a fake flower from my lepal*

grandmasters level username-post combo

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

grandmasters level username-post combo

Hell yeah, loving L O L right on the money! :discourse:

The Grumbles posted:

I hope this doesn't sound too patronising

Not at all man! I'm just willing to be an idiot and embarrass myself if necessary (probably wasn't necessary, people here are smart and I'm probably just preaching to the choir with too many words), but yeah I'll take that gracious tip you gave me and not post books like that again. Be a bit more, 're-write, Elements of Style- to the point' in the future.

Got a big bozo nose on right now; hey instead of reading all that poo poo I posted here's the million dollar joke- no punchline with this one:

"How do you make an idiot not be a douchebag" like feel free for anyone annoyed with me... honk that nose on me right now. I'd laugh with ya, take a hint/tip etc. Yeah, a bit performative- maybe that kind of posting-style is not the kind of poo poo people want to read in this thread. But I'm willing to make posts if I can make anything worth looking at/reading. I can't hang at the top of this game at any era, I'm too goofy. I know any-clip I've posted is a waste of time to watch if you're playing Overwatch at the top- I just think they're funny showcases of how silly QP devolves into chaos when all spectrum of Ranks play against one another. If I can just entertain people, maybe offer perspective in this thread, make some jokes etc. That's really my intention in all of this. I respect people enough here to take any hints :gtfo: etc. adapt etc. Because if it ain't working, swap!

im depressed lol fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Jul 31, 2023

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

The Grumbles posted:

Hey I'm not trying to give you a hard time because you clearly love this once great game (and love writing posts) but this is a lot and the combination of emboldened text, spurious spoiler tags, egregious stylistic & typesetting flourishes and sheer wordcount makes your posting very hard to read or follow.

I hope this doesn't sound too patronising, but a good rule of thumb for writing and communicating well is asking 'what can I delete, and still make my point coherently?'. Sometimes I will type out a post in a forum, summarise it with a TLDR, and then end up deleting everything besides the TLDR because it turned out that was helping me get my point across.

As a reader, reading a post that long but which is ultimately very performative and not very substantive, makes me feel like the poster is more interested in exhibiting themselves than they are contributing to a discussion. Plus - another writing tip for ya - the more balls you try to keep in the air with a single piece of written communication, the more likely you are for some of them to fall flat, and the ones that fall flat end up being more distracting than whatever salient points you are trying to make.

:ok:

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

my dude you should change your name to "i'm manic depressed lol" but tbh I'm enjoying your effort posts I just wish they were a bit shorter

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
im not going to read those long rear end posts but ive been watching the embeds and im glad youre having fun playin overwatch (i think) bc i am too

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

Okay. Cards on the table. Clown nose off.

Last news I heard on the Overwatch Clan system was June 23rd, 2023. It was just an 'announcement' of the clan system. I heard rumours from in-game chat about this clan/guild system since the first week of Overwatch 2's release. I have been pretty patient waiting on news.

im depressed lol posted:

I seem to remember when Overwatch 2 first released there was rumour/spectulation of a guild/clan system? I think someone mentioned it off-handedly in match-chats a few times. That really intrigued me & any bit of knowledge anyone in this thread has about that would be wonderful to hear about.

If done right, maybe it could emulate the old ways of online gaming....

I really, really am begging everyone here. If a lurker or poster knows someone working on the clan system and it will not violate an NDA, if it has been published on a news site&I'm just poo poo at googling- if you feel like being a saint for a minute & get someone to leak it to a journalist, please tell me (i.e. link to that reputable journalist's article, whatever means):

I need to know how many people Overwatch Clans will hold.

Any breadcrumb of info would help me out, but that number is very important. I want to create a... homebrew mentoring clan for support-mains who seem "stuck" in the metal-ranks. Get'em to Diamond, give them that confidence and let'em loose- see if they sink or swim or just wanna play QP. Soft-spot for the Ana-mains, but yeah that's why the number is important.

I make friends with metal-rank Ana-mains, I spec maybe about 1 hour a week? Their positioning is fine. They are using their nades well. I could drill their sleep skills, workshop or custom DM- when I'm specing them in QP and I see them miss a sleep I let them know 'close! bit too much to the right'. Can't spec their comp games in-game for obvious reasons; also won't watch streams of them out of principle. They get spooked when they get dove by Sombra's etc. etc. They're in their nests, doing their thing. But when Ana is in her nest, you must maintain L O S and yeah.... that's the problem. They need to know their teammates.... are metal-rank & won't respect her LOS. They need to work on their swaps, either because the enemy team is anti-Ana or their own team is anti-Ana. I'll work on a person for a year?- I don't care, this could be my new hobby. I'm already kinda doing it! Got a lot of ideas, kinda weird ones like how I post in this thread- I would never be toxic or uncomfortably odd with these people, they're saintly levels of nice.

Confirmed 20?
I'll probably make a new account, solo-queue support the ladder one final time. Record every game, write a journal-log about every swap if I think it's significant. When I realize I can't hang anymore, or the climb is getting boring I'll punch out without a single throw, give it my best shot. Masters? Maybe, but even at Diamond I could get bored quick too.
I know a great guy, GM-tank he'd probably humor me with this little clan idea. QP runs, get some confidence in these metal-rank supports. I'm sure there are 3 or more masters-Genji's with great attitudes on my friend's list if I poked around. Maybe they haven't even played comp in OW2, would like to try duoing with a metal-rank support for a while. Maybe this clan idea would never get off the ground! But it'd fun be to try, my idea for fixing the... 'weirdness' I see at the metal-ranks.

Confirmed 50?
Same as 20, except I can send out more feelers on my battle.net friends list and won't feel like I'll be in the awkward spot of 'oops! sorry, the clan filled up!'

Confirmed..... 500? C L O W N C A R ?
Same "metal-rank support to Diamond" pipeline but I'll talk to every old-head in the only game I have more hours in than Overwatch, tell them 'hey you can just get it through Steam now!' and we'll just screw around with these supports in PUG's and those metal-rank supports will have a blast clowning on those fuckers newer to the game than them. Yeah, a clan of really helpful, FUN fuckers.

Why do I think I could this? Well, these gold's/bronzes play with me (friends! developed relationships with them) in QP against MANY Diamond (and up) 5-stacks. And we sometimes poo poo on them so hard with the most BASIC, ONE-LINERS of advice that those Diamond-5-stacks rage out all at once- enemy team on tab becoming a ghost town- all the time. Not just a pew-pew DPS carry, done it with tank (I'm a very bad tank), or Zen if I'm support. So I think I could pull this off, after some growing pains. Getting a metal-rank support to Diamond doesn't seem like the hardest task, especially if I screen them right & they are actually willing to figure it out with me. I still won't play comp with them, I don't want to carry them. I want the clan to.

I know I could technically do all of this stuff without the formal clan system but... it's cooler and cleaner if it's all using an in-game organizing mechanism.

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

im not going to read those long rear end posts but ive been watching the embeds and im glad youre having fun playin overwatch (i think) bc i am too

Thank you friend! You don't gotta read that poo poo, it's poo poo writing. I was going for something, it was a creative writing exercise. I'd rate the super-long one maybe a C-? There's an oblique House of Leaves reference in it, written in a single afternoon- of course it's not gonna be great!

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

my dude you should change your name to "i'm manic depressed lol" but tbh I'm enjoying your effort posts I just wish they were a bit shorter

Yeah, I sometimes get a bit into a theme and end up making myself looking like a jackass. But I appreciate the positive feedback. MUCH shorter posts in the future, maybe more like that cassidy-nade growing pains one. I'll put the bozo-nose back on from time to time, but yeah it's a bit-performative and kinda dumb after a while.

Edit: I still need to watch that OWL Botick youtube someone suggested earlier.
Edit 2: I don't want to hard-carry these supports out of the metal-ranks. I want to cultivate a small support-main centric clan where 'we' can pull in a DPS who is also their same rank and... well 'haze'em' a bit creatively if you feel me. I haven't really worked out the details, because it doesn't exist yet.

im depressed lol fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Aug 1, 2023

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

A great friend of mine who fell out of this game (and I'm pulling him back in with that PvE if it's got a leaderboard)
We used to refer to 'High Noon' as 'getting pied'...
Punchline: go get pied! *immediately find the dumbest place in QP to noon and be MURDERED*

The best part is... High-Noon kinda sucks anyway! We'd win without it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp5jElcF9f0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp5jElcF9f0

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

im depressed lol posted:

I want to cultivate a small support-main centric clan where 'we' can pull in a DPS who is also their same rank and... well 'haze'em' a bit creatively if you feel me. I haven't really worked out the details, because it doesn't exist yet.

As a support main I'd be into this but I'm in the UK and having played L4D with American goons in the past, the bad ping ends up being a problem.

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

As a support main I'd be into this but I'm in the UK and having played L4D with American goons in the past, the bad ping ends up being a problem.

Oh... oh! L4D? You must've played l4d2 then? That's a badge of honor in my book!

That's a w a s t e l a n d of a game to get into, especially when it was a dead game. 2012ish... I threw myself into it, knowing no one.

And if you're reading between the lines, maybe skimming half of my posts.. you must feel me

Because, if you put any serious amount of time into it, you know why left4dead2 vs. mode is so loving hard initially. How you would hang out in those unranked, unmatchmade lobbies...

Waiting for the wolves to appear...

Edit: Even if you just played campaign, you know w h y that other mode is a loving mad-house. Badge of honor, a m a s s i ve badge of honor. :devil:

Edit 2: I think we could have fun, even with that latency issue! It depends how big/small the clans are; NA/EU splinters? There's gotta be a limit, I don't think Overwatch should have 2k+ clans that suck up players' attention. You know, "Cults-of-personality" types have that purple site and private discords for that. I'm looking to develop a hyper-focused "niche".... MENTORING community/environment it has to be in-game, external always a bad idea for a million reasons nowdays where people will wanna help another person to that new shiny badge if that's what they need to make the time they're putting in worth it. But some of the stuff I see in these metal-rank OW2 DPS's playstyles- they ain't dying for no one if that PotG is on the table if you feel me.

It's a 4k clip resolution-wise
pub pharrah, no voice comms, I pressed the highlight button to save her potg, and pressed mine mid-game because I knew in the moment I want to make this clip. no history viewer back then! never showed it to the pharrah, never added them; yeah the enemy SHOULD HAVE reset to high ground- our entire team is on payload (pharrah gets a bubble), zerg-rush pincer we just pick up what the other was throwing down- I knew she had ult, my dead-eye was a bluff/distraction- I shoulda died!

im depressed lol posted:

But then this Masters support player says "why did you swap to pharrah? don't you know torb counters pharrah?" and I think (but don't say) "wait.... why do you think Torb counters Pharrah? If I hug cover as I shoot at the turret I'm fine. Am I being trolled? Am I an idiot? Does this person think I'm just going to blast off into the open air and let the aimbot turret kill me?" It was really striking how 'matter of factedly' the person just spat that out.

So, I dunno.... is there a blithe of trash advice on the net about this game? After they said that I googled a bit and saw a lot of incredibly low-effort 'counter' charts for OW2 on 'websites' that barely qualify as such. A lot of them were so... weird & nonsensical shite to me as a dude who has played the game since pre-release beta. Like, Junkrat as a hard counter to D.Va? What loving SR is that happening at?

im depressed lol fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Aug 1, 2023

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

"we blame ourselves, blame each other, blame anything but the culture that produced us"

If you like any of my posts, as "weird" as they are... they're inspired by people who /actually/ think about this kind of stuff for years. Hyper-intelligent "people who know their poo poo" Top 500 video game cultural... analysts? "Youtuber"? He used to write/create content for Kotaku don't know what to label this guy, but I love him beyond all human comprehension. I'm not even Bronze compared to this guy. I'm a literally a clown mentally compared to this guy.

Tim Rogers Action Button
Here's the Doom one he did. 3&half hours long. I think he mentions Overwatch in it, how people used to describe Overwatch as "an FPS combined with Street Fighter" (memories). Don't gotta watch it, I get it if it's not your cuppa etc. But it's so much better than any trash I've written in this thread. 1.9 million views
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38zduHkwGcc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38zduHkwGcc
I can't convince a n y o n e to watch his masterpiece Tokimeki Memorial video, but if you're like me and really feel for those support-mains that get poo poo on- you'd like it I think. It's S E V E N H O U R S long.

Don't let them make this loving game become a moba; the player's are too good at the top to reduce them to that. Maybe let's... hash out that clan thing some more? I think the max size is very important. It keeps you giving a poo poo about the clans' members. I just don't know what that number is. Dunbar's? Can you have multiple clans? They're probably doing the same poo poo inside Blizzard, maybe they could use some public ideas for brainstorming? I think clans alone fixes a lot of problems on the ladder with this game. You have to do it right though; there's a million reasons why.

Edit: I still need to watch that loving Botick OWL youtube, so I should get on that before I link any more youtubes!

im depressed lol fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Aug 2, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

im depressed lol posted:

Because, if you put any serious amount of time into it, you know why left4dead2 vs. mode is so loving hard initially. How you would hang out in those unranked, unmatchmade lobbies...

Goon4Dead was a LOT of fun, despite/because of how loving terrible I was. Pubstomping was fun, Goon v. Goon was fun, but the most fun was various people using HLDJ to play stupid songs so loudly during vs matches that you could barely hear the audio queues. Speedrunning Hard Rain map 1 to the Great Escape theme was pure joy,

That and hearing "I just died in your arms tonight" as you watched the last survivor getting mauled to death by a Hunter. :allears: