Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Nobody needs to die on the battlefield

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

KirbyKhan posted:

Huey did. that guy sucks

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

KirbyKhan posted:

wrong. iron sharpens iron

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Rexicon1 posted:

Huey did. that guy sucks

im glad he got cucked to death by his own son

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

The real version of the fulton recovery system is pretty neat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PErEsNhDmo8

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Rexicon1 posted:

Huey did. that guy sucks

my b, I forgot about the traitor

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

AnimeIsTrash posted:

was blacklist the one where you had an emp backpack? i played a bit and it didnt feel like splinter cell at all

That was Conviction, Tom Clancy's Taken staring Sam Fisher.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Popy posted:

MGS5 killed Konami video game dev fr fr

And it still came out like 2/3rds baked just a endless money pit

That half baked game is still miles ahead of it's competition, and most games.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Hatebag posted:

Yep, free balloon rides for everyone
balloons cost more than bullets

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

evilmiera posted:

The final fight in jagged Alliance 3 is gruesome and I think half my teams have been downed and there's like 5 more elites still in the wings bearing down on me with pinpoint accuracy. I both love and hate it.

btw for anyone else struggling with the final three figths: you can do them with all mercs at once, I had a full 17 in modded gear, was very cool

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Got Far Cry 6 with the help of an empress.

It’s better than I expected tbh. I’m liking the more light hearted and stylized presentation over the gloomier 5. It’s still very ubi and very Far Cry, but it’s pleasant enough. They let you play as a woman so hell yeah and they’ll sing along with the radio. you don’t have to pat down corpses for loot anymore. The gun roster still hasn’t changed but they let you stick on attachments that are mostly homemade.

I haven’t left tutorial island so idk what Giancarlo’s deal is. My head canon is that the rebels are the communists and that also this is a new mode in a Tropico game. Hopefully by the end I become a Boiadeiro

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

the far cry games are nice for when you just want to turn your mind off and shoot mans and blow poo poo up

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

skooma512 posted:

I haven’t left tutorial island so idk what Giancarlo’s deal is. My head canon is that the rebels are the communists and that also this is a new mode in a Tropico game. Hopefully by the end I become a Boiadeiro

He's a dictator who was democratically elected and opposes the communists (who are all elderly and reliving the glory days of a previous successful revolution that apparently did not lead to a communist government). The CIA is on your side with overthrowing him even though he's exporting a miracle cancer cure because he uses slave labor in his fields.

Also go do the Rambo DLC to get cool-rear end exploding arrows.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Nanomashoes posted:

MGS5s budget was super high because they spent a ton of it developing their own proprietary multiplatform engine that ran super well on even past-generation consoles (seriously, mgs5 runs great even on ps3/360) that was supposed to be used for all of konamis games going forward. Since konami shuttered all of those, the fox engine has been used for Pro Evolution Soccer and the mgs3 pachinko machine.

This. I don't know why anyone would side with the Konami C suite over Kojima Productions on this. MGSV sold well and even after the Japanese and American studios were dissolved they shat out PES games, Survive, pachinko etc. to milk the engine further.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

skooma512 posted:

Got Far Cry 6 with the help of an empress.

It’s better than I expected tbh. I’m liking the more light hearted and stylized presentation over the gloomier 5. It’s still very ubi and very Far Cry, but it’s pleasant enough. They let you play as a woman so hell yeah and they’ll sing along with the radio. you don’t have to pat down corpses for loot anymore. The gun roster still hasn’t changed but they let you stick on attachments that are mostly homemade.

chorizo rules and tbh being able to hyper specifically tune difficulty on ubi games kinda of rules

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

ishin has a lot more tedious completion stuff to grind through but I'm loving all the different combat styles. also it's great after having gone through the whole series back to back recognizing all the portrayals and references

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

the sword & gun style is amazing once it clicks

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Buck Wildman posted:

the sword & gun style is amazing once it clicks

Wild Dancer has low damage for anything but large groups, but it's very good for cheesing the latest dungeon stages (where enemies hit very hard and it seems like the only reliable way to avoid damage is via spinning constantly in Wild Dancer, which can combo indefinitely with certain upgrades).

The real DPS is from regular gun stance (with some Swordsman at the beginning to break armor if necessary). It's boring, though.

In terms of fun I think Swordsman is my favorite, mainly because its Tiger Drop-equivalent is fun and looks really cool. Feel like a badass when you pull it off repeatedly against a boss.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I'm playing on legendary and it's invaluable to be able to spontaneously dodge poo poo on bosses

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Hunting Hinoxes in TOTK to upgrade the soldier armor, and man fighting these things sure does involve a lot of hacking away at their crotch, rear end, and taint area

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Cuttlefush posted:

yakuza just does festival gigs. they're all old men. anti-yakuza laws dont let them do anything now. you know, like in the games too

Like the rest of organised crime the yakuza fell apart when the CIA money dried up

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

when they made being yakuza against the law, that was the end for them...

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1685049708316930048

Lol I think they realized they could reach for the brass ring with Diablo 4 being what it is

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

Oh thank god, they made PoE 2 an actual sequel

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
as someone who burned out in PoE back in like 2015 and had some fundamental issues with the structural mechanics of the game and has no desire to ever play it again no matter how many updates it gets, i'm happy about poe2 being an actual different game.

sounds good to me

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

are you meant to have the magical support spells active at all times in ishin? the ones from the dungeon?

every time i enter a random encounter in the street it automatically casts spells to wipe all the mooks out before i hit them. i thought it was a bug but it might be intentional. it took all the fun out of the game and i haven't played since

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/jamesjhaeck/status/1685013863547428866?t=QPp1jK6teGoxAG9vFzCwmg&s=19

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Buddykins posted:

the far cry games are nice for when you just want to turn your mind off and shoot mans and blow poo poo up

5 would have a perfect game if we could turn off the stupid plot and just kill cultist weirdos forever

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
lol this bed of chaos boss.... this is like something from roblox or something

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Homeless Friend posted:

demon ruins onwards is where the rushed development becomes obvious

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

gradenko_2000 posted:

Lol I think they realized they could reach for the brass ring with Diablo 4 being what it is
i think it's mostly that poe2 is going to be more like poe1 was earlier in its life. in short, a much slower and deliberate game where you have to actually stop for half a second to kill an enemy, and all the boss fights we've seen so far look p. great too

because poe1 is a fever dream of a game where you explode enemies all around you as you run through maps at the speed of sound, and boss fights are an exercise in patience as you wait for the boss' invulnerability phases to pass after you do 3 gorillion damage to it in 0.1 seconds as soon as it spawns, hitting the fight breakpoints instantly

i've played poe1 into endgame semi-regularly from mid-2018 and did my last league before poe2 last year but what they've shown of poe2 is *insanely* different so far lol. i haven't decided whether that's good or bad just yet, but it looks like it could be fun from the preview videos on twitch at least

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Goa Tse-tung posted:

btw for anyone else struggling with the final three figths: you can do them with all mercs at once, I had a full 17 in modded gear, was very cool

Unfortunately you can only bring two teams to the very final fight. It is absolutely the place you should bring all your grenade launchers and RPGs because the enemy is all about people hiding behind pillars and firing at you from out of regular ranges.

As I mentioned elsewhere the game is mostly good aside from the notzombie content. It also needs some kinda postal service because it takes forever to figure out where I put all my junk. That or just let us get Bobby Ray's again.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Homeless Friend posted:

it's the worst boss in the game and yeah like mentioned, the game has a weird point where you can tell things went wrong in development. Funny thing is it's still better than most games. That's fromsoft!

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Is the FF7 plot point about Shinra doing essentially a false flag on their reactor new? Don't remember that from the old one.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/TilFolkvang/status/1685255192294629376?t=U9qGH_O9hDdndaGoXrsiyA&s=19

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

genericnick posted:

Is the FF7 plot point about Shinra doing essentially a false flag on their reactor new? Don't remember that from the old one.

shinra did sector 7

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

PostNouveau posted:

He's a dictator who was democratically elected and opposes the communists (who are all elderly and reliving the glory days of a previous successful revolution that apparently did not lead to a communist government). The CIA is on your side with overthrowing him even though he's exporting a miracle cancer cure because he uses slave labor in his fields..

the communists are only one of the groups trying overthrow him. the others are a saintly hacendado family that want to save their workers from exploitation and some tiktok influencers

also the evil foreign businesses profiting off the dictatorship are canadian

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

i can't believe people like single player wow dailies

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

RandolphCarter posted:

I Fulton everyone and just fire everyone that sucks

they had kiefer sutherland record a peace walker style "you're fired!" but ended up not using it :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rookoo
Jul 24, 2007
Every once in a while I remember a cartoon of Kaz Hirai holding a PS3 with some sort of demon face on it crying blood, which was making the rounds on here about 17(!) years ago during the respective E3.

Google's been no use to me, is there anyone here that happens to have it sitting in some folder?