Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Listening to Newcomers while working through the pandemic was a terrible idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I’m guessing Off Book is done? It’s been ages since I listened but it’s such a fun show. The good news is I guess I have enough episodes to last forever.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i think there is like a video version of it still going on on that streaming thing for former college humor people

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Snooze Cruise posted:

i think there is like a video version of it still going on on that streaming thing for former college humor people

um, actually, dropout.tv is current collegehumor staff.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

scary ghost dog posted:

um, actually, dropout.tv is current collegehumor staff.

i thought i read about collegehumor died, hence formerly, but i see there are new youtube videos going up on youtube so i guess something happened there

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

It gets mentioned a lot, but anyone who dug old Earwolf still digs Earwolf should give Dropout a try. It has a lot of the same energy of early to mid 30's comedians doing shows together and clearly having a blast.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
The Girl God pro version has me fuckin dying

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
It was a classic, lots of solid riffs packed into 30 minutes. When they started going into the Doughboys getting colonoscopies, I could not control my laughter.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

the line about how the trevor project is for 'gay people and even some bisexuals' got me good lol

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I love the episodes where The Boys know they should not say anything

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Consummate Professional posted:

I love the episodes where The Boys know they should not say anything

But also know when to punctuate a run with a good "...Let's go back to supporting the Trevor Project."

On today's Hey Randy: Cracking up at the pitch for a "SOLIDARITY: Real Feminists Also Get Yeast Infections" shirt for men. (Also at Tim's inability to stop doing "Op-op, op-op, opa Randy Style" after he does it once.)

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
So many great shirt ideas. I'm amazed they're able to keep the energy so high throughout the episode.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Earwolf adjacent but I saw Ben Schwartz and friend in Denver and Katie Dippold, Colton Dunn and Drew Tarver were the friends. It was a lot of fun

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
Yeah, I just went to the Portland show tonight that had the same lineup. It's definitely worth seeing if you get a chance!

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

HDTGM did Hypnotic in one of their live shows that I guess is coming out in a few weeks, and I watched it last night. God what a ridiculous piece of poo poo that movie is. It's absolutely made for this podcast. It's hilariously incomprehensible and absolutely has to be seen. It's like if Robert Rodriguez watched Inception, Trance, and Now You See Me all in one night and then went to sleep and had a really stupid dream. I'll never know why Affleck decided to do it or how it even got greenlit.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It's an Incredibly watchable movie despite its glaring flaws.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/cinemalins/status/1674045909250736129

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

quote:

Their business model is predicated on listener growth, which is not really our thing.

lmao. good interview. the new sean show sounds neat, looking forward to that.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
Vulture: ...Your show isn’t that hard to explain: It’s about guys pretending to be smart and being stupid and sarcastic about Hollywood with their guests in the middle of it. It’s not like I’m just “on your level” and others aren’t. This is not my “special show.” It is just constantly hilarious. Yet I feel like that gets lost a lot of the time, because there are so many gags about it constantly failing or not having a good listenership.

Hayesman: Well, your outlet called us “deeply alienating,” and we put it on a T-shirt.

Elea
Oct 10, 2012
Stitcher is shutting down.

"Most show pages on the stitcher.com website will be redirected to our sister app, Pandora."

FAQ about future of existing premium content:

quote:

Hosts/creators will determine availability and accessibility of their shows. To stay updated on the availability of their content, we recommend following the hosts/creators on social media or subscribing to their newsletters.  In most cases, you can still listen to ad-supported versions of your favorite podcasts on Pandora or other platforms where these podcasts are available.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
The widow Stitcher app

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Why did they even get bought at all???

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Because now Jeff Ulrich can get those behind-home-plate MLB playoff tickets forever

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Doesn't Stitcher have an ad-business aspect? Like, it's named for the ability to stitch in adverts to podcasts at the point of download. Whoever bought it wanted that, and didn't think premium was profitable enough so they're shuttering it.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Mr. Squishy posted:

Doesn't Stitcher have an ad-business aspect? Like, it's named for the ability to stitch in adverts to podcasts at the point of download. Whoever bought it wanted that, and didn't think premium was profitable enough so they're shuttering it.

I only listen to curated boner pill and kratom ads

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Mr. Squishy posted:

Ya I think midroll + their dynamic ad insertion was the real reason they got acquired by Scripps iirc: it was a tech and data play, the content and stuff was secondary.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

Excellent interview. Gives me hope that the boys just continue doing the show forever.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Aukerman and Paul f are the guests on i4h today I’m intrigued.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

0konner posted:

Aukerman and Paul f are the guests on i4h today I’m intrigued.

they must be fans of the ruen brothers

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

'Subtitles On' rocks. Fact is that I could probably listen to Sean do a podcast about anything and enjoy it.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

RestingB1tchFace posted:

'Subtitles On' rocks. Fact is that I could probably listen to Sean do a podcast about anything and enjoy it.

100% agreed. And the sincerity is so refreshing, he's got great taste and way of talking about the craft. And hearing the real showbiz stories is amazing! And the guests have been spectacular. Great show all around.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

ManoliIsFat posted:

100% agreed. And the sincerity is so refreshing, he's got great taste and way of talking about the craft. And hearing the real showbiz stories is amazing! And the guests have been spectacular. Great show all around.

Pretty much agreed on all fronts. I was already a big fan of the movies they've picked so far, so it's been a real treat.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Did anyone catch the Clemdawg and Scharpling joint Kevin Can F**k Himself? I missed it when it aired originally.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

moot the hopple posted:

Did anyone catch the Clemdawg and Scharpling joint Kevin Can F**k Himself? I missed it when it aired originally.

i saw the first season and it's pretty good, sean's acting part in it is fun too

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
Hey Randy remains one of the best pods out there. I loved Tim cracking himself up trying to get through the jncos bit.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

moot the hopple posted:

Yes....the switch between sitcom to hard drama is jarring at first. Took a few episodes to get used up to it and I thought the first season was good but nothing special. But the second and final season was much darker and turned out excellent. I was very pleased that I returned to finish it up.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Yes....the switch between sitcom to hard drama is jarring at first. Took a few episodes to get used up to it and I thought the first season was good but nothing special. But the second and final season was much darker and turned out excellent. I was very pleased that I returned to finish it up.

I fell off in the first season for no real good reason, thought the show was great, so this is good to hear and makes me want to return to it myself.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

sure Clemdawg and Scharpling are cool, but I was more excited to see Bosch (dog) getting a line into the show

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

kdrudy posted:

I fell off in the first season for no real good reason, thought the show was great, so this is good to hear and makes me want to return to it myself.

Second season was fantastic and I loved how it wrapped up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Big Grande has a live Teacher's Lounge for sale on their site. I'm only halfway through it and Bill Cravy's bit is making me cry laughing, so I think it's worth it.