Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Does the first ability really do that much in legacy? Like, it makes brainstorms better, but you already have fetches for that. And it makes scrying worse while you have it out.

Like, if grenzo didn't make waves in legacy, I doubt this will, at least for the first ability. Maybe there's some combo I'm missing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Silhouette posted:

Finally, Soldevi Digger has a chance to shine

Edit: no joke, buy your copies now because if River becomes popular it'll spike, since it's on the reserved list

That's pretty drat sweet art. Didn't see it when I played against river though

Oh you mean the dr who card

ilmucche fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jul 28, 2023

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Dr. Stab posted:

Does the first ability really do that much in legacy? Like, it makes brainstorms better, but you already have fetches for that. And it makes scrying worse while you have it out.

Like, if grenzo didn't make waves in legacy, I doubt this will, at least for the first ability. Maybe there's some combo I'm missing.

I don't know, but I do know that I play Delver and I do not like my DRCs to kill me if my opponent has this card in play.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

snyprmag posted:

Did they say if they are doing all ten dual manlands or just enemy pairs?

I don't think they said how many were coming in WOE, but they've never done a whole cycle of 10 dual color creature lands in the same set or block before so it would be very unusual.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Khanstant posted:

Doctor Who owns. Might be the good thing Great Britain ever made.

Taskmaster edges it out, but agree it's up there and that it owns. It's the greatest sci-fi soap opera.

Framboise posted:

I dunno, I really liked 9 and 10's story arcs. 11 was when everything I liked went out the window and Moffat's groan-inducing reign began.

9 was a lot of fun. 10's arc basically became him wanting to gently caress his companion, which always felt really off to me. 11's first season is as good as it ever was, with mostly good stories and the best finale they'd done in forever (big threat is like, a single Dalek if memory serves, vs. a hundred million that do literally nothing, which was the past five finales) with a clever time-related solution. But even that season had a really terrible two parter. Agree even broadly 11's run nose dives as it introduces dozens more of THE NOUN WHO VERB characters.

Lurks With Wolves posted:

iirc, part of it's that battles fit into the same kind of "weird card with complicated effects you need to defend" slot as planeswalkers. As you get a wider range of things you want to fit into that kind of slot, the less you can use each individual card type without making the whole set lopsided.

This is a good point too. Excited to see if we get the new Battle forms sooner than later.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Why did we stop talking about how loving sexy that hot-rear end goose was drawn.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Because 8 people had already mentioned and there aren't any more bills to smooch.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Saxophone posted:

Why did we stop talking about how loving sexy that hot-rear end goose was drawn.

Look at the honkers on that goose

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Wake me up the hydra goose has an anime girl alternate art :colbert:

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE1XLrdwAAuCK3by6bEHzFN1yTjxTYHD1
preemptively sharing this so that you goons can all become the most annoying player at the table by playing one of a million anime ohohos when someone doesn't pay the 2 and/or complains about paying the 2 for smothering tithe

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Saxophone posted:

I don't think the goose was drawn that sexily

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

OneDeadman posted:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE1XLrdwAAuCK3by6bEHzFN1yTjxTYHD1
preemptively sharing this so that you goons can all become the most annoying player at the table by playing one of a million anime ohohos when someone doesn't pay the 2 and/or complains about paying the 2 for smothering tithe

ty

CatstropheWaitress posted:

i agree that it could be sexier

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

I have it on good authority that goons were upset at how sexily it was drawn. And it’s not like goons will just get all weird and aggro like that over nothing.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

If anyone plays that goose against me, I'm scooping on the spot. I know how bad geese can get, I don't want to have to deal with an 8-headed one.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Through ignorance or hubris, I do not fear geese. Let's see if I am still so brave this autumn.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

In Canada, the Canadian geese are our cruel overlords, and will hunt you down for the smallest slight.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

the good news is you can not like either of those things at the same time!

Whoa as a goon I am incapable of having two thoughts in my head at the same time, how am I supposed to do this

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Ar you kidding? It's so sexy it's cringe!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
How good of a cantrip is Sleight of Hand?

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Rinkles posted:

How good of a cantrip is Sleight of Hand?

It's awful, but just barely good enough to be playable if you don't have other options.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

It's sort of fun to play though, I always liked sleight with the older art

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000

Jabor posted:

It's awful, but just barely good enough to be playable if you don't have other options.

So long as I don't have to play Serum Visions I'm happy.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Doesn't trigger Sheoldred.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
lol. I put "hand" into the Scryfall search bar and got back every Chandra card.
Should've seen that coming.

That said, with the glut of new effects coming out that trigger when opponents draw, the ability to just put cards into hand is a legitimate one. It's also why Izzet decks can still rock Expressive Iteration.

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Jul 29, 2023

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
Wow, the top 8 Barcelona meta that actually is getting me to root for the scam player. How terrible can modern possibly get?

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

How do you not root for Kai Budde?

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Really should have called Pioneer "Post-Modern"

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Really should have called Pioneer "Post-Modern"

Too woke. Would've been banned in many states as cultural Marxism in MtG.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
In an alternate universe weed be talking about "collectors box pomo fomo".

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

rickiep00h posted:

How do you not root for Kai Budde?

Geez, I still have all the gold bordered cards from his pro tour deck from like fuckin 1999

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

https://twitter.com/MissouriMTG/status/1685431074749399045

How the gently caress does mold get into sealed packs lmao

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
it was an abandoned card treatment, like etched foils. Mold spore coating, finally bloomed.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Katana Gomai posted:

https://twitter.com/MissouriMTG/status/1685431074749399045

How the gently caress does mold get into sealed packs lmao

Mold spores are hosed up, man.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

GonSmithe posted:

Mold spores are hosed up, man.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Looking at the pro tour results the number 9 and 10 ranked players drew each other in the last match when either of them would have been top 8 with a win. That must be frustrating, yikes

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
If packs were actually COMPLETELY airtight they'd balloon up with altitude differences, so yeah, not super surprising mold can get in with enough time.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

elbkaida posted:

Looking at the pro tour results the number 9 and 10 ranked players drew each other in the last match when either of them would have been top 8 with a win. That must be frustrating, yikes
That game was on stream. There was a slow call play. The board was crazy. Rakdos evoke player had his own copy of Karn from either Ragavan or dauthi. Tron had ensnaring bridge and multiple other stax pieces. I will try to find board state but it is one of the craziest I have ever seen. They ended up getting 7 extra turns but couldn’t do it. They tried to talk each other into conceding too. At least one player looked very salty after.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Fritzler posted:

That game was on stream. There was a slow call play. The board was crazy. Rakdos evoke player had his own copy of Karn from either Ragavan or dauthi. Tron had ensnaring bridge and multiple other stax pieces. I will try to find board state but it is one of the craziest I have ever seen. They ended up getting 7 extra turns but couldn’t do it. They tried to talk each other into conceding too. At least one player looked very salty after.

It was the very last match of coverage yesterday so it shouldn't be too hard to find in the VOD.

e: starts here https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1884635101?t=9h39m16s

Amp fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Jul 30, 2023

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

It was the very last match of coverage yesterday so it shouldn't be too hard to find in the VOD.
Yeah, here is board end state:

So top player was creating a copy of bowmasters every turn for one damage, but taking two due to one ring. Would have lost, but if they top decked fury (or another removal spell) could have used Karn to destroy ensaring bridge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
the next modern horizons set is going to be strictly anti-tron tech