Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Shipon posted:

don't get me wrong my hopes are best for bluesky, i got an invite about a month ago and so far i'm liking how it feels but man some of the posters are freaks (i mean this in a fun way)

Those loveable freaks are half the fun, and I hope they can also fit in actual useful nonjokey posting because right now it's the opposite of Mastodon. Maybe if I mix one part Mastodon and one part Bluesky I can get something akin to a working Good Twitter clone out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

it's gonna blow up

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
So are Twitter's remaining landlords just for a good position in the bankruptcy or what?

shackleford posted:

appears to be a building called "Fox Plaza" consisting of office space and studio, 1 and 2 bedroom apartments

Love to pile indignities on people already paying $2k a month for a 450' square box.

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014
suddenly got a craving for some kenny rogers roast

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice
Bad tweets... mess you up!

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

So are Twitter's remaining landlords just for a good position in the bankruptcy or what?

Love to pile indignities on people already paying $2k a month for a 450' square box.

The only thing not being absolutely flooded by that strobe light is the bathroom. :lol:

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Someone on the comments proposed painting the whole building black (or even coating it in Vantablack) and I can just picture that particular side of SF getting way, way warmer bc of that.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

But seriously, why is it called X? That's an insanely bad name.

He really likes Mega Man X I guess?

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

MockingQuantum posted:

I feel like "assume everything you post online is viewable by someone, no matter how 'private' it claims to be" is part of basic internet literacy at this point

lol

lmao even

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

Clip-On Fedora posted:

He really likes Mega Man X I guess?

Mega Klan X

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014
elon probably has a massive cock and that's why his brain is so broken

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

But seriously, why is it called X? That's an insanely bad name.
The story told is that when he was young and living in South Africa he was stuck by one of the most unfair thing one can see in an apartheid country: ADS. In particular ads where POOR POOR BRAND X was always showed as inferior to the product being advertised. The injustice was so great, his goal in life became to save the honor of the X brand. I loving wish i was making up that poo poo.

Toplowtech has issued a correction as of 13:29 on Jul 29, 2023

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Toplowtech posted:

The story told is that when he was young and living in South Africa he was stuck by one of the most unfair thing one can see in an apartheid country: ADS. In particular ads where POOR POOR BRAND X was always showed as inferior to the product being advertised. The injustice was so great, his goal in life became to save the honor of the X brand. I loving wish i was making up that poo poo.

I wish Teddy Roosevelt was around just so he could start kicking all these idiot billionaires' asses.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Toplowtech posted:

LOL it's his retaliation against the guy who was writing text with lasers on his facade. Of course, the whole building is caught in the collateral damage. What a piece of poo poo.

From the images I remember, the projected messages appear to have come from the building across the street behind that boomlift dismantling the Twitter sign.

Apropos: Did they get the proper permits for removing the signage now or are they just doing it hush-hush in the cover of the night because Elon is a problem solver?

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

mcbexx posted:

From the images I remember, the projected messages appear to have come from the building across the street behind that boomlift dismantling the Twitter sign.

Apropos: Did they get the proper permits for removing the signage now or are they just doing it hush-hush in the cover of the night because Elon is a problem solver?

He's a cheap idiot on the dumbest things, it'd be cheaper to get the permits and do it correctly, rather than dealing with lawsuits wasting hundreds of thousands more on lawyers and litigation. That said, he is doing it at night, while sleeping in a cardboard box he stole from a homeless and playing on his $25000 gaming laptop, poorly.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Diabetic posted:

He's a cheap idiot on the dumbest things, it'd be cheaper to get the permits and do it correctly, rather than dealing with lawsuits wasting hundreds of thousands more on lawyers and litigation. That said, he is doing it at night, while sleeping in a cardboard box he stole from a homeless and playing on his $25000 gaming laptop, poorly.

penny foolish, pound foolish

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

lmao this is great, would love to live and sleep there

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Diabetic posted:

I wish Teddy Roosevelt was around just so he could start kicking all these idiot billionaires' asses.

wrong roosevelt. were Teddy alive today he’d be a bluecheck calling for trans people to be hunted as the most dangerous game. the man got thoroughly more stupid and regressive the older he got.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

the x does the strobe light effect when elon makes a tweet

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

1glitch0 posted:

Elon's body impaled on the sidewalk by the giant X.

"X marks the spot."

X Musks the Spot

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

have any cities regulated sign lights yet? this is super common with that led strips around windows and stuff at head shops. the digital billboard as well, those are super bright.

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
so how mad are the elon simps that literally nobody else but them is calling twitter X?

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Toplowtech posted:

lmao if he had grown up watching Looney Tunes Twitter would be named Acme right now

e: and it would actually be less stupid somehow

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
We're an empire now, and when we act, we create our own building codes. And while you're studying those structures—judiciously, as you will—we'll act again, creating other new violations, which you can study too, and that's how things will sort out.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/PopBase/status/1685171560121024512?t=UZ80zagq82MJI238xNq90g&s=19

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1685195158856323074?t=KhUPMR6yCWxfNMEi_GDqCA&s=19

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 372 days!

this some irl tony stark poo poo :elon::elon::elon:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

idgi

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

say what you like about X the everything app but I just got an advert for a Space Fart Detector

https://twitter.com/methanesat/status/1671417668312899585?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

:justpost:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

“Saw your Post on X. It was a good Post. I rePosted it”

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Ah yes, giving up on the verb we popularized to the point of xerox

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 372 days!

genius billionaire inventor doing epic things

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

epic

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Lol

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Elon v. Landlord. awhich side are you on

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

a.lo posted:

Elon v. Landlord. awhich side are you on

let them fight

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

a.lo posted:

the x does the strobe light effect when elon makes a tweet

If I was a billionaire I would have a giant flashing billboard on top of my building that scrolled my tweets - sorry, I mean posts. Elon simply doesnt think big enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honey Im Homme
Sep 3, 2009

https://twitter.com/sferik/status/1684992758405271552

Genius