Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Is Musk playing some kind of gambit where if he gets evicted he doesn't have to pay rent owned or something? Because why would you make it STROBE for and at that level of brightness?
My city has just finished up a month long public light show and nothing was that bright and obnoxious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

those dead plants were succulents and the grass was artificial

uh how do you get succulents that dead

does it literally never rain in San Fran?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Croccers posted:

Is Musk playing some kind of gambit where if he gets evicted he doesn't have to pay rent owned or something? Because why would you make it STROBE for and at that level of brightness?
My city has just finished up a month long public light show and nothing was that bright and obnoxious.

have you considered that elon is a "loving idiot?"

Michaeldim
Jan 29, 2011

:byodood:
It’s funny that people, even in this thread, continue to vastly overestimate his intelligence by assuming that there must somehow be any sort of plan, with any degree of coherence.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

If you ever find yourself asking "Is Musk playing some kind of gambit?" the answer is always "no he's loving stupid"

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Unless I'm reading it wrong according to here they've had two days of rain since may 9th.

So apparently yeah at the moment the answer would be pretty much yes.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I'm pretty sure the cleverest gambit Musk ever pulled was coming out as a Republican, after being contacted by a journalist working on a story about his history of sexual harassment, but before the story was published, and I doubt he came up with that one on his own.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

kazil posted:

If you ever find yourself asking "Is Musk playing some kind of gambit?" the answer is always "no he's loving stupid"

Both can be true - Elon thinks he's playing some kind of gambit, but he's actually loving stupid and doesn't comprehend the actual outcomes of his actions. Just always acting in the moment, assuming it'll make people stand up and clap for how good and cool he, Elon Musk; Tech Guru, is.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Both can be true - Elon thinks he's playing some kind of gambit, but he's actually loving stupid and doesn't comprehend the actual outcomes of his actions. Just always acting in the moment, assuming it'll make people stand up and clap for how good and cool he, Elon Musk; Tech Guru, is.

I don't know if he even got that far, tbh. I think it was more that he thought it would be cool and there's no one left to tell him no.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Croccers posted:

Because he’s angry at literally most of humanity, and wants to hurt us.

He reinstated the guy that’s posting child sex abuse.

Use your goddamn head.

This is no longer about money. This is about hurting people.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

kazil posted:

I don't know if he even got that far, tbh. I think it was more that he thought it would be cool and there's no one left to tell him no.

And by cool you mean “it’s cool how much it bothers another human” that’s his goal lately.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

More likely killed them by overwatering them or watering them after it was already late morning early afternoon. With how foggy it usually is in the morning in SF, I wouldn’t be surprised if you didn’t even really need to water them much at all, ever.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

spunkshui posted:

And by cool you mean “it’s cool how much it bothers another human” that’s his goal lately.

No. It would surprise me if Elon thought about another person's feelings at all.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Why is he even renting at all? Why doesn't he just buy the building?

Buildings like that don't cost billions of dollars

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Data Graham posted:

Why is he even renting at all? Why doesn't he just buy the building?

Buildings don't cost billions of dollars

e: hedging edit taken as read

cuz hes the epitome of penny, pound duh

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

kazil posted:

No. It would surprise me if Elon thought about another person's feelings at all.

Well we know he cares about one person's at least. Mostly because they dumped him, but still...

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

spunkshui posted:

This is no longer about money. This is about hurting people Grimes.

Something snapped in his head when she left him, further crack pinged due to his dad getting more pussy than he is.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

having the gayest url he could think of is worth any amount of his gay billions. but the employees? gently caress em, anyone can make x.com. the advertisers? gently caress em, and make them pay $1000 just for the privilege of being considered as a partner. the users? gently caress em, let anyone who subscribes monthly to the newspaper equivalent of youtube comments run amok and poo poo up the feeds of non paying users (parasites). oh, and the plants? yeah, theyre gay. mmake way for my 9:16 X you little poors

many rich are like this

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Well we know he cares about one person's at least. Mostly because they dumped him, but still...

happyhippy posted:

Something snapped in his head when she left him, further crack pinged due to his dad getting more pussy than he is.

speaking of Grimes

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
lmao is she cosplaying as the death note girl elon has a fetish for

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
So the point of X! is to make an everything app with finance stuff right?

Wondering when were going to start to see any fiance stuff hacked in as between the current spaghetti code, hate of testing, and hate of even pretending to follow any regulations, that should end in fun times.

I assume trying to add some crypto related thing will be first. Is X coin already a thing? I feel like that must of already been taken.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
They're going to start with a venmo style thing, and whenever someone sends money to another user, it will show up in their timeliness for everyone can see, and it will take them at least a week to track down why.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

With military dictators there’s always a chance one if your bodyguards will pull a fast one and shoot you in the back. While we can’t be so lucky with Elon, I daydream someone from his entourage turns around one day and just socks him a big one right in his stupid face.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

kazil posted:

speaking of Grimes

Does she likes his tweets?

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

TulliusCicero posted:

How... how does one get this stunted mentally and emotionally?

It's like he's 12, holy poo poo

Don't you get it, he's laughing so hard! I bet he's laughing the loudest in the whole room. He's so aloof and cool!

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

I take it we’ve all heard Grimes new track where she impersonates GladOS ?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Alan Smithee posted:

he would have bought it from lowtax

I was going to make a joke that no one has ever seen Elon and Jeffrey of YOSPOS in the same room together. But Musk is a man who can't even keep his sockpuppets straight, so that's just a silly insinuation.

Now I want a Batman story, where is fake Bruce Wayne persona is the biggest idiot of the world. Batman tries desperately to make the worst decisions imaginable to appear like a fool and gets depressed since so many people actually insist that he's a genius.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Jul 29, 2023

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

YF-23 posted:

At what point does the landlord decide that the billionaire manchild hosed with their property too much and evicts him?

I think we should be thankful to Mr X for revealing that the modern configuration of law is just a technocratic sham. Do whatever you want! The useless courts and the traitor police won't stop you! Just pay your guys to spout nonsense and carry on.

you must be *this* rich to ride

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

He could have been an EVE Online superstar instead of all this nonsense. Make people big mad for a pittance.

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

Grimes was so miserable partnered to Elon that she surgically altered her eyesight to remove the color blue in an attempt to tackle "seasonal depression"

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009

smellmycheese posted:

I take it we’ve all heard Grimes new track where she impersonates GladOS ?

I'm happy to say I've never heard her music and have no intention of ever listening to it, but somehow I think it'll be as dumb as she is.

parthenocarpy posted:

Grimes was so miserable partnered to Elon that she surgically altered her eyesight to remove the color blue in an attempt to tackle "seasonal depression"

Unsure if a joke or not. But this is the woman who ate nothing but spaghetti and nearly died, so who knows.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

YF-23 posted:

At what point does the landlord decide that the billionaire manchild hosed with their property too much and evicts him?

As soon as they find someone else willing to rent dozens of floors of an office tower in San Francisco in this market.

Never.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

parthenocarpy posted:

The rebranding is all just a move to finally get seen again.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Wow. Can't believe people are mad at Musk for reinstating a child molester when maybe the tweets they made are relevant for unrelated reasons. Makes u think.

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

Bertha the Toaster posted:

Unsure if a joke or not. But this is the woman who ate nothing but spaghetti and nearly died, so who knows.

100% real

https://www.stereogum.com/2051274/wait-hold-on-grimes-got-part-of-her-eyes-removed-so-that-she-cant-see-blue-light/news/

quote:

I have also eliminated all blue light from my vision through an experimental surgery that removes the top film of my eyeball and replaces it with an orange ultra-flex polymer that my friend and I made in the lab this past winter as a means to cure seasonal depression.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Alan Smithee posted:

naw he's gonna break the glass ceiling concrete pavement he's truly progressive

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

their source is a huge loving idiot so maybe take it with a grain of salt

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

Every day the Musk fans on X learn something new. Today, the lesson revolves around landlord property rights. It is not completely out of the question that Musk tries to equate enforcing property rights with a woke campaign targeting him.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

The X-man cometh posted:

As soon as they find someone else willing to rent dozens of floors of an office tower in San Francisco in this market.

Never.

lol if you think Elon is paying rent