Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

a.lo posted:

Elon v. Landlord. awhich side are you on

Spacelord v. Landlord you mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

looking forward to the rollout of XY in six months

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

eX

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 372 days!

its funny because im certain their project manager types, probably the first to get let go, did poo poo like preventing this and every other rookie thing elon does to the website, idiot proofing what bosses want to implememt

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Elon Musk Ftw. Landlords itt are so mad

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

a.lo posted:

Elon v. Landlord. awhich side are you on

:mildpanic:

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
unfortunately elon getting kicked out because he's too cheap to pay his rent or whatever the gently caress the reason is would be by far the funniest option

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
if elon got kicked out it would be funny because he'd pull a 180 and be like, actually, remote work is good,

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

moist turtleneck posted:

if elon got kicked out it would be funny because he'd pull a 180 and be like, actually, remote work is good,
Nah, he would try to find a new landlord to fleece, he is too much of an rear end in a top hat, always wanting make sure his workers aren't slacking, not to force them in the same building.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I don’t think musk is a tenant in the same way the rest of us are

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

euphronius posted:

He's Rich BITCH!
Musk's Face rick james gif

Then elon posts the meme as if it is his.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

they're still called "retweets" when you open a tweet though

lol that it's taking them so goddamn long to change these things

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
do you think they did it correctly for other languages or just updated the i18n for english

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Elon's going to relocate from SF to Texas citing like "woke city regulations" and then fire anyone not willing to move to Texas with 0 notice lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
mad?

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
i don't think that water deluge thing will be anywhere near enough water, and that rules

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Why be mad when this accelerates X the everything app by an additional 3-5 years

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
It will always baffle me that people who would throw a tenant out on the street, or a bank that would cut you off if you miss more than one payment, will not do anything to rich people. You're not getting their money, they're proving that every time, it's not gonna change.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Diabetic posted:

It will always baffle me that people who would throw a tenant out on the street, or a bank that would cut you off if you miss more than one payment, will not do anything to rich people. You're not getting their money, they're proving that every time, it's not gonna change.

Rich people can tie you up in court and drag things out whereas poor people generally can't do poo poo and the sheriff is more then happy to force them out under threat of violence because there's zero political risk in doing so?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

the app formerly known as twitter

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
the new ceo started paying bills, it's very likely they came to an arrangement with the property management

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

yeah it's hot out

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

Sir Tonk posted:

have any cities regulated sign lights yet? this is super common with that led strips around windows and stuff at head shops. the digital billboard as well, those are super bright.

city/county stuff is smallish fines and slow legal orders; its the FAA that has the much bigger stick (used to work for digital billboard company)

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

lmao it flashes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qucJBr8eHkI

e: beaten by the entire forum

RandomBlue has issued a correction as of 17:27 on Jul 29, 2023

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

the milk machine posted:

the new ceo started paying bills, it's very likely they came to an arrangement with the property management

livid?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
yeah i changed the sign on the building im staying in illegally. what are you gonna do, arrest me?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

euphronius posted:

when you're rich they let you do it

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

enraged. apoplectic even.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

sleep with the vicious posted:

Why is the city upset about it?

engineered drawings for signage doesn't mean that they are prepared and certified by software engineers

the strobe light effect is really cool and innovative, please stop dismissing elon's genius

Hubbert has issued a correction as of 17:39 on Jul 29, 2023

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
How has their landlord not kicked them out already?

Its not even his building and he's putting poo poo on it that would basically kill their insurance package.

oh wait right billionaires don't get consequences.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Diabetic posted:

Old quote from J. P. Morgan (of all people), "If you owe the bank $10, that's your problem. If you owe the bank $10 million dollars, that's the bank's problem."

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

imagine intentionally and with forethought giving up your loving brand eponym

this is like Kleenex rebranding as tissue-company #1

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

apatheticman posted:

How has their landlord not kicked them out already?

Its not even his building and he's putting poo poo on it that would basically kill their insurance package.

oh wait right billionaires don't get consequences.

Pretty much that

He seems think this kind of crap makes he looks rebellious, but even though no one likes landlords, we all know the only reason he is able to pull this crap is because he is so rich he could buy the drat building anytime he wanted

The little contact I had with really rich people in my life (none of them billionaires, though) I learned that this is actually common behavior: they are always trying to get away without paying for stuff we all pay for and have no choice, and they very often indeed can get away, exactly because they are so rich

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
the people who own banks and large commercial properties are usually also rich people and as a rule they dont want consequences to apply to rich people, only poors

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Not a Children posted:

rear end X

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Not a Children posted:

Musk is rewriting business for the new century

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

StormDrain posted:

X Musks the Spot

drat that's musk better.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Not a Children posted:

yup and everyone is still gonna call it twitter

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
all the embeds gonna break when it he gets in another khole and orders twitter.com to be decommimssioned next week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Elon: Hmm... now what are we going to call "re-tweet" in X speak? Think, Elon, think...
Minion: Mr. Musk sir! The repo stooge is here to take back the servers that you didn't pay for!
Elon: Eureka! Repost! I'm a genius!