Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

"why does your dad want to sleep in an envelope?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
Your dad wanted to become a toilet

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

theCalamity posted:

Your dad wanted to become a toilet
/

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Oxyclean posted:

"why does your dad want to sleep in an envelope?"

I thought it was a burrito, or is this another "Pat goes to bed weird" story i'm not aware of?

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
It's more like "Pat goes to bed rather normally, told in a weird way."

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzA5YC-HlAY

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired
Any time baby Boivin doesn't get their way they threathen to play the audio of Woolie describing a colostomy bag as a z-targetable weak point.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

TaurusOxford posted:

I thought it was a burrito, or is this another "Pat goes to bed weird" story i'm not aware of?

SkeletonHero posted:

It's more like "Pat goes to bed rather normally, told in a weird way."
Yeah, IIRC pat basically just likes to have the sheets nice and tucked in, but the way he explained it made it sound weirder.

https://twitter.com/VinnyVinesauce/status/1683553429732376576?s=20

WHAT

oh sick

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Finally, the Funny Spin Man returns to the podcast.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Hey Pat Jr, if I give you $0 per day for four days, how much money will you have at the end?

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Within minutes of the podcast starting, Vinny starts talking about Skibidi Toilet, never change lmao

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I've been rewatching the Bloodborne playthrough.

Pat's refusal and reluctance to level damaging stats is still maddening.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I just rewatched the XCOM 2 playthrough. Man,that was just bad decisions on top of bad decisions.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Kazzah posted:

I just rewatched the XCOM 2 playthrough. Man,that was just bad decisions on top of bad decisions.

That was a hilarious kind of bad though.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

If Greta just chose to not miss, things might've gone differently.

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

Vandar posted:

You're just mad because he lost the annals of history.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEb_1JCu_-g

I don't know how to link timestamps on mobile but go to 13min to relive a moment in history

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Vandar posted:

Pat explained later that the weird way they swapped players on death activated his mind goblins and made him think increasing his health would allow him to play longer. Unfortunately he didn't know bloodborne isn't that kind of game.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
Even if he was right it would have also benefited Woolie and been a wash.

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

XCom is not a strategy game, just an intricate slot machine.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Vandar posted:

That was a hilarious kind of bad though.

But...damage only go up small with 1 point? Why put more point into it?

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Vandar posted:

I think he was still operating under ds1 "END=OP" logic in the game where the stat is probably the least relevant it's ever been

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Kay Kessler posted:

Pat explained later that the weird way they swapped players on death activated his mind goblins and made him think increasing his health would allow him to play longer. Unfortunately he didn't know bloodborne isn't that kind of game.

this might be the most pat thing ever

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Perfect Potato posted:

I think he was still operating under ds1 "END=OP" logic in the game where the stat is probably the least relevant it's ever been

It's also an extension of the advice he gave Woolie for DS2, which was "only level damage stats enough to equip the weapons you want to use".

Which is a baffling thing to think even in that game.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
I only tuned into Pat and Woolie around DMC5, so I wasn't around for anything before the split. Checking out the Punisher highlights was a good time, and I'm going through Souls 3 now, any other recommendations?

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

DanielCross posted:

I only tuned into Pat and Woolie around DMC5, so I wasn't around for anything before the split. Checking out the Punisher highlights was a good time, and I'm going through Souls 3 now, any other recommendations?

Indigo Prophecy, Heavy Rain, Detroit: Become Human, Omikron: The Nomad Soul, Super Mario RPG, Barkley Shut up and Jam Gaiden

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
If you're just looking for Pat and Woolie, all the DMC and From Software ones are really good. I'd also recommend Titanfall 2 and Godhand because it's still fun to listen to them geek out over aesthetics and mechanics. Since you're watching Dark Souls 3 you're probably cool with ensemble LPs, so I'd also check out God of War. There are long, long stretches in that game where all three of them really get to bounce off eachother cause there's not a whole lot happening in the game storywise and it helps create some real golden moments.

edit: poo poo, how could I forget Quantic Dream. The hateplay LPs are some of the best

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Pat and Liam's playthrough of Barkley: Shut and Jam Gaiden is gold.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

The Omikron LP is the one we like to say that broke them up. It really isn't, but it's fun to point to it since it's so bad (but entertaining for the viewer)

I still chuckle at the Blackface Boys bit

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
The prison break lp is an all timer. Basically any weird sub Single A xbox 360 game is a good time

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Neo_Crimson posted:

Pat and Liam's playthrough of Barkley: Shut and Jam Gaiden is gold.

One of the top playthroughs on the channel.

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories is another great one if only to see Liam accidentally speedrun his way into the best ending.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
At the risk of repeating myself, the XCOM 2 LP was an all-timer. And they get to the end of the game in only seven episodes! Very strong three-person dynamic.
Ride to Hell: Retribution is also fantastic. Just Matt and Pat on that one, but the game grinds them down to the point where they're just hysterical about every little thing. God, the whole Greasy Steve chase still gets me.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

From the Machinima stuff, the entire series of Mat and Pat playing X-Box Live indie games is fantastic. Just completely losing it at how fuckin' bad 99% of them are.

Battle Construction Vehicles is an all-timer too and the perfect way to start off Saturday Morning Scrublords.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Kazzah posted:

At the risk of repeating myself, the XCOM 2 LP was an all-timer. And they get to the end of the game in only seven episodes! Very strong three-person dynamic.
Ride to Hell: Retribution is also fantastic. Just Matt and Pat on that one, but the game grinds them down to the point where they're just hysterical about every little thing. God, the whole Greasy Steve chase still gets me.

Qui Gon Chi still makes me giggle every once in a while

doos
Jan 1, 2015

I got into 2BFP when I was on a skype call with some friends, and someone was watching Indigo Prophecy and it was during the Woolie hype part, and we could all hear it. I rewatch it every now and then, and it still rules.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

not exactly what op asked for but this video was produced shortly after liam's departure yet long before the channel break-up but i find myself returning to matt and liam playing streets of rage remake every once in a while. it's just good vibes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uX5FJ3i0BM4

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
hahahahahahahahahaha
https://twitter.com/GenePark/status/1685719096602570752

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

holy poo poo

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
I should just buckle down and watch their mass effect playthrough....and it's 261 videos. Hoo boy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
I've always like the Parasite Eve LPs.