Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

*honey-dripping* sweetheart deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

L. Ron DeSantis posted:

DON’T MISS OUR “TREASURE CHEST” SALE- GOING ON NOW! ORDER YOUR MYSTERY CHEST TODAY

Ben Garrison is selling loot crates now.
I can't say 'it's not consistent with his beliefs.'

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Kudelka:

Rowe:

Albanese with Dutton and Greens leader Adam Bandt in the bed. Anthony Albanese raising the prospects of a double-dissolution election over housing (ABC). The housing bill was rejected in the Senate already when the Greens and the Coalition rejected it and Labor are planning on putting it up again unaltered. If it gets rejected again this gives Albanese the trigger to dissolve both houses of government and call an early election (which he doesn't have to use but it will be there).

Moir:

Despite this cartoon I don't think the Greens are particularly phased by the idea of an early election on housing. Greens shrug off threat of early election, sending Anthony Albanese letter with housing demands (ABC).

Leak, Son of Leak:

Albanese likes to talk about his life story of growing up in social housing.

Leunig:

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Hunter Biden gets plea deal: "What the gently caress this is just proof that the justice system is and always has been rigged in favor of Democrats, they will never face consequences, everything is corrupt."
Hunter Biden plea deal rejected: "This will give me exactly zero reflection"

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

The only dude I know with a tattoo of a former president is, y'know, Roger Stone.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Brian McFadden

Nicholas Pizarro

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

This mother fucker had replaced McCoy in my head for worst in the thread.
Y'all want to ban ishida and bitch about Rall but neither is as bad as this guy.
The talent of Krishchen with the wit of Santis, and as dumb rear end either McCoy

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

I fully and strongly encourage a complete Leunig embargo. He's hardly even political and somehow he boils my blood worse than Branco

thisusedyet
Feb 14, 2012

My post... it sucks!!!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

[

Far Right Thug
Martyr of a School Putsch
On a group of extreme-right high schoolers had tried to take over their military school a few years back and were recently condemned.

That was actually a decent movie in 1981 - Taps
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083169/

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

I mean I'd like a complete Leunig embargo too but the newspapers keep printing his poo poo.

For the Australian cartoons a rule I set myself is they have to be published in a paper so no matter how dire it means at least one editor gave the okay for it to be associated with their publication. If the thread consensus can't stand a cartoonist then I'll drop them but a large point of the Aussie cartoons is showing what goes to print.

Ted Rall is an exception, I don't know if he's actually published but I picked up posting him because no-one else was and his cartoons genuinely annoy me in a way that is unique for this thread and in a way is that also not the point.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Wait so crocs are good now? What about the 'swamp'?

Rudoku posted:

One Orca started attacking boats around the Iberian coast, then a bunch more started doing it. For fun. It's their new trend in that area, replacing the octopus/squid hat thing.

I read that but it seemed like older headlines. Ok. Go Dolphins!

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
I hate Leunig more than almost any other cartoonist in this thread. I can't explain why, but even poo poo like this dull as dishwater "hey, what if we made a new bomb that made plants instead of killing people" cartoon just drive me up the loving wall.

Please never stop posting his stuff. This is literally what this thread is for.

Jeff Danziger

Lisa Benson

Jeff Stahler

Matt Davies

Ann Telnaes - Trump is ready for his close-up

Lee Judge

Ed Gamble

David M. Hitch

Bill Bramhall

Adam Zyglis

Mike Thompson

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

idonotlikepeas posted:

Jeff Danziger

Kellies Nomination: Worst Label

DeathMuffin
May 25, 2004

Cake or Death

HootTheOwl posted:

This mother fucker had replaced McCoy in my head for worst in the thread.
Y'all want to ban ishida and bitch about Rall but neither is as bad as this guy.
The talent of Krishchen with the wit of Santis, and as dumb rear end either McCoy

There's all that true, but on the other hand he's also a lovely human being.

His sisters work is heaps better

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

idonotlikepeas posted:

David M. Hitch

I hate this guy so loving much.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

idonotlikepeas posted:

David M. Hitch

A genuine "it's called summer" seen in the wild :stare:

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

idonotlikepeas posted:

David M. Hitch

Read this as “Hillary tweeted…BUS STOP” at first.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

idonotlikepeas posted:

David M. Hitch

Bill Bramhall

I quite like that these two ended up next to each other.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
I'm sure those people use public transport regularly.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Trapezium Dave posted:

I mean I'd like a complete Leunig embargo too but the newspapers keep printing his poo poo.

For the Australian cartoons a rule I set myself is they have to be published in a paper so no matter how dire it means at least one editor gave the okay for it to be associated with their publication. If the thread consensus can't stand a cartoonist then I'll drop them but a large point of the Aussie cartoons is showing what goes to print.

Ted Rall is an exception, I don't know if he's actually published but I picked up posting him because no-one else was and his cartoons genuinely annoy me in a way that is unique for this thread and in a way is that also not the point.

I think it's important to bear in mind that for the most part, we aren't reading these cartoons for their well-adjusted takes on social issues. We're hate reading the latest regressive marching orders, and occasionally treat ourselves to a good cartoon.

It's one thing banning "I unironically support marital rape" DBD, or Stone "I am openly calling for genocide because I am a Nazi and I love Nazi stuff" Toss, but if having lovely opinions is the bar now to get a cartoonist banned from the thread, we're not going to have anything to read.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Heliotrope posted:

Read this as “Hillary tweeted…BUS STOP” at first.

Just queefed out my BUS STOP

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Microplastics posted:

A genuine "it's called summer" seen in the wild :stare:

Lol

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

the_steve posted:

I think it's important to bear in mind that for the most part, we aren't reading these cartoons for their well-adjusted takes on social issues. We're hate reading the latest regressive marching orders, and occasionally treat ourselves to a good cartoon.

It's one thing banning "I unironically support marital rape" DBD, or Stone "I am openly calling for genocide because I am a Nazi and I love Nazi stuff" Toss, but if having lovely opinions is the bar now to get a cartoonist banned from the thread, we're not going to have anything to read.
In Leunig’s case, sexually assaulting his sister exceeded people’s tolerance for his bullshit.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

I hate everything about this guy.

The bland smug boomer hippie crap, the art looking like a terrible New Yorker cartoon, and the incestuous sexpest past of course.

EDIT: lol I posted this without reading the interceding posts, so it's pretty funny that the absolute inaneness of that cartoon mass triggered us all independently

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Telegraph:

Tory councils want powers to halt Ulez expansion after Sadiq Khan wins legal battle

Matt:

Independent:

After Ugo Giannattasio.

Times:

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Cinderfella already exists and has since 1960. It is also quite wretched.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I laughed though I hear that the Simpsons endless rakes bit is more fitting.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Kellies nomination: Laziest non-Gorell

Sorry, Britt, but taking a screenshot and scribbling over it just ain't gonna cut it

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Pants Donkey posted:

In Leunig’s case, sexually assaulting his sister exceeded people’s tolerance for his bullshit.

Oh, poo poo, I missed that part of the conversation. Yeah, throw him on the pyre with DBD Toss.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Someone mentioned Varvel going way the gently caress alt-right in recent times. "Snow non-white" is really screaming the quiet part out loud, even as the marching orders are all "think of the little people".

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

Kellies nomination:Worst "A Thing Happened", Worst "WOKE WOKE WOKE" Cartoon

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Climate change deniers and fascists have a not insignificant amount of overlap. A Multilayered Cartoon.

e:

L. Ron DeSantis posted:

Kellies nomination:Worst "A Thing Happened", Worst "WOKE WOKE WOKE" Cartoon

Is "Worst 'WOKE WOKE WOKE' Cartoon" a new Kellies category this year? If not, it should be.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Is Lester complaining about anything in particular, or is this all in his head?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Shinji2015 posted:

Is Lester complaining about anything in particular, or is this all in his head?

Conservatives are mad because the US women's soccer team stood respectfully for the national anthem and didn't sing along with the performer, which is apparently required now or you hate America.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

VitalSigns posted:

Conservatives are mad because the US women's soccer team stood respectfully for the national anthem and didn't sing along with the performer, which is apparently required now or you hate America.

Ah, of course, gotta invent something new to be mad about

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Lmao mentioning the Babylon Bee in your cartoon

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

The Babylon Bee only has one joke. a good...
Oh, wait, he's agreeing with them.

Gary Varvel only has one joke. A bad cartoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

VitalSigns posted:

Is this something new? I've never heard of singing along with the national anthem being a requirement. If anything I thought it was discouraged given the song is famously difficult to perform well even for professional singers.