Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

The 7th Guest posted:

hell yea, another gamer like me. 72% of 2075 games beaten here

anyway IMPORTANT INFO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MoB-JFH-jQ

gently caress yeah 2023 continues winning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

HopperUK posted:

are people playing games in this goddamn thread I swear to Christ
I'm playing video games right now and you can't stop me.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

kazil posted:

y'all are playing the games you buy??

sicko poo poo

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Bad Seafood posted:

Known bug. A few more sales should fix it.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Bad Seafood posted:

rendered milquetoast at the height of my success

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Bad Seafood posted:

:mods:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I'm playing through my backlog of vulva-related games

just got past Revulva Ocelot

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

i heard if your steam library has enough unplayed games in it gaben uploads a virus to your brain that wipes all your memories of the witcher 3 so you can play it again for the very first time

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

HopperUK posted:

i finished the Alfred Hitchcock dash Vertigo game last night and it was Pendulo's worst game since the original Runaway

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

HopperUK posted:

I am very much enjoying the updated System Shock right now. Turns out I don't remember a thing from last playing it nearly 30 years ago! Hope I can finish it before Baldur's Gate 3 drops on Thursday.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

my goal next month is to play at least some of these: Greyhat, Planet of Lana, Dordogne, Mothmen 1966, Adios, 24 Killers, Minute of Islands, Vividlope, and maybe finally start Trails to Azure

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

Let's see Paul Allen's completion percentage.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
I sure this has been asked before, but I'm not having much luck with forums search and even less with Google.

My trusty wired 360 pad finally bit the dust and so I got myself a Dualsense.

After a bit of a false start and telling windows no, I would rather use my audio interface for sound please, as a controller it is working fine, but I cannot for the life of me get vibration to work.
I'm aware the haptics stuff is currently limited to a few games, and only works when the controller is connected via USB cable, but I can't get so much as a twitch out of it!

I've gone into audio options and set the thingy to enable "speaker fill".
Any audio tests with it suggest Windows thinks it's a set of rear speakers which from what I can glean is the way for it to work?

Rumble is enabled in the Steam controller settings too.

Any ideas please?

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
man I bought thief 4 for 3 bucks and it was not worth 3 bucks. the world detail in The City is great (and to give credit where it's due, animations for stealing items/opening drawers/etc. add a lot of the experience, and I wish they were in the older Thief games) but everything else is just awful: cramped linear levels, poor writing, and a generic off-brand Garrett who isn't even Stephen Russell.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Watching that DF Ratchet and Clank video I'm starting to go :tinfoil: about the loads and wonder if Sony is slowing them down on purpose so they can still point to the PS5 as the best way to play their games.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

HopperUK posted:

It turns out I have an 80% completion rate. I'm so sorry.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

I would never play a "computer game"

disgusting

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

I've got a 97.2% completion rate for 3268 games. Here completion definitely counts deciding not to finish a game, though.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
weird question, but i'm having some sudden controller difficulties in Brotato. i use a vader 2 bro via reWASD and suddenly in Brotato if I push one of the back triggers my character stops moving and controls won't start responding again until i press a face button. it's like pressing it causes my joystick to simply stop existing until I press A (or whatever). i have no clue what's causing this and in no other game does pressing those triggers cause anything remotely similar. has anyone heard of anything like this?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

CommissarMega posted:

Anyone here play Xenonauts 2? I know it's in EA, but is the storyline completed at least? Been thinking about giving it a try.

I was pretty disappointed in the game being in development for years and still looks exactly like the first one, and apparently is very unfinished right now. Still gonna see how the devs deal with it and probably try if/when it someday gets more content and polish.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Eason the Fifth posted:

I bought thief 4
:lol:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

It’s spelled Thi4f

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Thief 4 legitimately makes me sad.

I've played through it twice, and can't really remember much of anything about it other than the weird animations it makes you do to skip loading screens. And that the engine was not meant for a stealther, and would make you make noise that the player couldn't hear. It was BS.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Open world hub that you have to travel back and forth several times and requires stealth is such a stupid idea.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Got Thi4f with a graphics card back in the day. Never installed it.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

why did you buy the card if you were never going to install it?

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I probably shouldn't have, it was some piece of junk Radeon something. I used it for 8 months before I got the goat 970.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

tired: buying games & never playing them
wired: buying hardware & never using it

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

plug in your monitor

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Hwurmp posted:

tired: buying games & never playing them
wired: buying hardware & never using it

Look, I'm going to install it eventually. It's just such a pain in the rear end to unplug everything and crawl under that desk...

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

that's why you just buy a whole new computer, and don't use that

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

is R&C Rift Apart worth the sixty united states dollars they're asking for

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

It's okay but not worth full price, it got massively overinflated press due to being one of a very small number of PS5 exclusives. Like it's not a bad game by any means but considering the year we're having it's very low priority.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Thief 4 legitimately makes me sad.

I've played through it twice, and can't really remember much of anything about it other than the weird animations it makes you do to skip loading screens. And that the engine was not meant for a stealther, and would make you make noise that the player couldn't hear. It was BS.

There are only three Thief games. I finished Thi4f? Just to get it over with. I’ve played Dark Project, Metal Age and 3 many times, but 4 was the most dry, passionless game I’ve ever played.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Threef

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

ratchet fell short of 8000 concurrent players on launch day, sony should maybe reconsider launching these years-old titles at full price with almost zero marketing

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Bloodborne - $90

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Thi4f is so bad that it retroactively turned Thief 3 into a good game by comparison.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

repiv posted:

ratchet fell short of 8000 concurrent players on launch day, sony should maybe reconsider launching these years-old titles at full price with almost zero marketing

"Well obviously these low numbers for this port means nobody will want ports of Ghost of Tsushima or Demon's Souls either. Better cancel them."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Schwarzwald posted:

Dude, you're posting in the horny fridge thread in the video games forum of something awful dot com.

Bully doesn't work or neither of us would be here.

Shuddup and get back in your locker!
:argh: