Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Someone have an easy list for this brawl? I hate when they make me build poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Sloppy posted:

Someone have an easy list for this brawl? I hate when they make me build poo poo.

This was mine. One and done.

### Brawl Deck
# Class: Druid
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (0) Aquatic Form
# 2x (0) Innervate
# 2x (0) Moonfire
# 2x (0) Pounce
# 2x (1) Adorable Infestation
# 2x (1) Funnel Cake
# 2x (1) Guidance
# 2x (7) Drum Circle
# 2x (7) Overflow
# 2x (7) Scale of Onyxia
# 2x (8) Cenarion Ward
# 2x (8) Miracle Growth
# 2x (8) The Forest's Aid
# 2x (10) Convoke the Spirits
# 2x (10) Survival of the Fittest
#
AAEBAZSaBgAP0wPTnAPbpQO60AO50gOk4QOK5AOunwS5oATPrAT/vQSuwASt5QT53wWi6QUAAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Sloppy posted:

Paladin with big boys, some 1 mana spells and Frontlines.
Had Coin, a cheap spell and Frontlines in opening hand and a free pack 5 seconds later.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I was playing armor druid but my opponent conceded after pounce, bloom ultimate infestation

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I did it with Hunter with a big beast package, bunch of bananas and friends, plus Call of the Wild Collateral Damage and Nagrand slam. Def worse than Druid but I had a Hunter daily

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

mcbexx posted:

Paladin with big boys, some 1 mana spells and Frontlines.
Had Coin, a cheap spell and Frontlines in opening hand and a free pack 5 seconds later.

This is really effective in general but can also fail in really funny ways. Definitely recommend.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I was able to summon all the whelps and put treants as their death rattle on turn one. Insta concede from my opponent.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
Here’s your normal pre-expansion reminder that if you want to maximize your progress on the next reward track, complete all your outstanding quests today and then don’t play again until the expansion launches on Tuesday. This will set you up with a full array of quests and allow you to blow through the first 20-30 levels of the new track in an hour or so.

Additionally, since the expansion launches on the first of the month, if you wait to log in on Tuesday until after the expansion goes live (usually 1 pm ET/10 am PT), your reward chest will also contain new cards (assuming you already have all or most of the standard-legal rares and epics). It’s not much, but it tickles the optimization part of the brain.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

bravesword posted:

Here’s your normal pre-expansion reminder that if you want to maximize your progress on the next reward track, complete all your outstanding quests today and then don’t play again until the expansion launches on Tuesday. This will set you up with a full array of quests and allow you to blow through the first 20-30 levels of the new track in an hour or so.

Additionally, since the expansion launches on the first of the month, if you wait to log in on Tuesday until after the expansion goes live (usually 1 pm ET/10 am PT), your reward chest will also contain new cards (assuming you already have all or most of the standard-legal rares and epics). It’s not much, but it tickles the optimization part of the brain.

Despite my wallet being intact, I don't have the impulse control for all that. Gimme dat gold

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Nice, arena hunter just had 5 freezing traps in a row. Very cool.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
Sargeras has rewarded my loyalty with many packs and a golden copy of himself!

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Mini optimization I saw: wait to log in on Aug 1 until after the set is out, that way the epic you get from the monthly rewards has a chance to be from the new set.

edit: oh i was back a page apparently when replying and missed that this was already shared, whoops

bravesword posted:

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
I won a giveaway on Twitter for the 60 pack preorder for the expansion :woop:

I’m hyped because I almost never get one of these preorder bundles. But I do have enough for the bigger one too (I got some blizzard bux as a gift). Should I go ham or save them for the next expansion?

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I won a giveaway on Twitter for the 60 pack preorder for the expansion :woop:

I’m hyped because I almost never get one of these preorder bundles. But I do have enough for the bigger one too (I got some blizzard bux as a gift). Should I go ham or save them for the next expansion?

Depends on how much gold and dust you have. If you have enough to make some legendaries to play the classes you like the most, I'd save it. But if you're just rolling with those 60 packs, I'd get the bigger expansion too.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So what new decks are people excited to try?

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
I want to try Hero Power Druid with Embrace of Nature, Ignis, Freya, and Eonar. I am also weirdly drawn to Plague DK and Astral Automaton Priest despite the fact that neither looks all that strong to me on paper.

Vicious Syndicate theorycrafted an Elemental Mage burn list that looks pretty sweet, too.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I don't think Spell School Mage is going to be good but it looks fun

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.
Some sort of Earthen Paladin deck. Lots of room for experimentation (not sure any will be good but I'll have fun trying).

Overload Shaman

Mech Rogue

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

just gonna do the same thing I do every expansion: spend all my gold on packs, build based on what legendaries I open, and then craft bolf ramshield

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
I really want to play Overload/Nature Shaman, Ramp Druid, CWarrior, slow Warlock and some Miracle/Mech Rogue.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
First thing I’m gonna do is add new cards to hound Hunter and relic DK; and then probably make a Mech Pally. Those will be my jank farming decks while I wait for other archetypes to be refined.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Strawberry Panda posted:

Depends on how much gold and dust you have. If you have enough to make some legendaries to play the classes you like the most, I'd save it. But if you're just rolling with those 60 packs, I'd get the bigger expansion too.

I have basically no dust and enough gold for maybe 45 packs… I was going to skip the giant bundle but I decided against it. It’s the first time I’ve been able to get the big bundle and that’s just because it was a very generous gift. I have enough left over for the reward track too!

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

The Lord Bude posted:

my jank farming decks while I wait for other archetypes to be refined.

found the villain

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

peer posted:

found the villain

I enjoy winning matches and I dislike extremely wasting dust on ideas that turn out to be duds.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Gonna play stuff that I get the cards for.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
plague dk could be a fun mid range

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Buy 50 or so packs with the gold stash, then play Duels as usual until I have enough to make a Standard deck that looks fun.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

peer posted:

found the villain

Nah the villain play is crafting Aman'thul and no other new cards and just tossing it into XL Control priest

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
i'm 8-0 with armour warrior but it feels kinda miserable. like your health is dropping every turn until you stabilise at like 8 health and 7 armour and then suddenly hit your opponent for 25

edit: this is mostly against mech paladin

peer fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Aug 1, 2023

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

OMFG FURRY posted:

plague dk could be a fun mid range

I drafted it a few times and had games where over 60% of the enemy deck was plagues and they'd draw card after card without hitting any. I know the actual odds of that happening aren't crazy but it felt really annoying lol

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

peer posted:

i'm 8-0 with armour warrior but it feels kinda miserable. like your health is dropping every turn until you stabilise at like 8 health and 7 armour and then suddenly hit your opponent for 25

edit: this is mostly against mech paladin

from past experience this is just combo decks

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Granted I opened a lot of packs, but I think I made out like a bandit. Opening the 10 free packs from the Choose a Titan thing and both bundle preorders (The bigger one I won!), I got:
Helya, The Primus
Argus
Gold Freya, Gold Eonar
Aggramar, Signature Hodir
Sif
Gold Amitus
Ra-den
Voltron Prime
Signature Thorim and Gold Golganneth
Signature Loken and Sargeras
Khaz'goroth
:toot:

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

okay, the interaction between cleave minions like hollow hound/stonebound gargon and always a bigger jormungar (give a minion +2 attack and excess damage hits the enemy hero) is god-drat hilarious

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Any obviously solid legendary crafts? I know you usually wait but I want to try out a few new decks!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I'm already predicting Forge of Wills will be the first nerf

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Julio Cruz posted:

I don't think Spell School Mage is going to be good but it looks fun

have played a few games with this (opened Sif from whatever packs my gold got me) and I'm at least half right, deck is fun af and either it's actually kinda good or (more likely) I'm feasting on first-day-of-expansion casuals down at Bronze 5

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
In what is possibly the least shocking news ever, Jotun makes Relic DH just completely bonkers

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
yeah idk how shaman got to live like this

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

seems reasonable to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I'm having lots of fun with mech rogue and I usually don't like aggro/tempo decks.