Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

he's a guy in his 50's that tries to talk like he's in his teens that uses his money to scoop up inventions and ideas that weren't his that he then runs into the ground with his terrible impulse control and decisions

thinking anything beyond that about him is projecting depth onto him that just isn't there lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

gabe?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

had steam open when I read that comment and it felt personal

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

someusername posted:

michael cole needs re-education, wtf. just plain saying escobar wasn't trying to hurt his opponent while using a move with freakin suicide in the name. so what's that then?

He was trying to hurt himself duh

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Orange Carlisle posted:

he's a guy in his 50's that tries to talk like he's in his teens that uses his money to scoop up inventions and ideas that weren't his that he then runs into the ground with his terrible impulse control and decisions

thinking anything beyond that about him is projecting depth onto him that just isn't there lol

i thought this was about triple paul before checking the previous page

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Soul Glo posted:

wrestling characters should be eternal, like batman or spiderman. just let new dudes be undertaker and hulk hogan and the hitman or whatever. who cares. if you did it with care and not trying to gently caress the workers like with fake razor ramon, it could work.

they already do it anyway with gimmicks a la ric flair and the nature boy thing

I support the concept of gimmicks as Jungian archetypes. Every culture has the concept of Hulkamania. It is on the fed to revive it and channel its various permutations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Pumphandle f5

https://twitter.com/Vick_8122/status/1685103421529927680

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The pumphandle seems very unnecessary there.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

If you're going for quasi-religious, "tetelestai" is such a cooler name than Final Prayer

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Would look better if it just went into something like an Emerald Flowsion instead in my opinion

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

MJeff posted:

The pumphandle seems very unnecessary there.

the pumphandle always seems unnecessary, it should at least look really cool though

Final Prayer is such a generic-rear end random generator of a name though, there's no flow to it or pop

call it the Last Sacrament for them vowel sounds, the Prayer Ender for the connotation (you had a prayer, you no longer have a prayer), Tetelestai or even It Is Finished like the other poster said, but Final Prayer just sounds like two dramatic words pulled out of a hat or a bad JRPG attack translation

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
Lama Sabachthani
Last Verse
Revelator
Christ Killer
Third Nail
Unholy of Holies

look I was raised Pentecostal and privately schooled for years, if they want to cut me a check I could do this all day

Pentecost would be an alright finisher name

bartok
May 10, 2006

A pumphandle into a TKO that's two loser finishers in one. Karrion should find a way to incorporate an Overdrive so he can have a loser finisher trifecta.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Lol that he can grow hair but they made him a generic bald guy

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Pumphandle to the shoulder then cross body to the f5 just makes it take way too long and look too clunky. Rube Goldberg rear end finisher.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Lunatic Sledge posted:

Lama Sabachthani
Last Verse
Revelator
Christ Killer
Third Nail
Unholy of Holies

look I was raised Pentecostal and privately schooled for years, if they want to cut me a check I could do this all day

Pentecost would be an alright finisher name

bring back mordecai

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Just call his finisher Edgelord 4500

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Lunatic Sledge posted:

the pumphandle always seems unnecessary, it should at least look really cool though

This is the only time a pump handle has led to a cool move

https://twitter.com/narukiroy/status/1022321412667846656?s=20

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
the pump handle burning hammer was alright

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
this is one of the indiest moves of th e 00s and therefore cooler than whatever kross is up to

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I’m glad I watched this before I posted “Shout out to Generico’s dumbass orange crush”

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
kross should just use the playmaker & call it good.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Wrath's pumphandle powerslam ruled

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Pump handles rule, but only if they have snap to it

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
Made in Japan is a pump handle as well and is very cool.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Ganso Bomb posted:

This is the only time a pump handle has led to a cool move

Wrong!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Happy to be proven so!

bartok
May 10, 2006

Lid posted:

Wrath's pumphandle powerslam ruled

Test had a good one too. Road Dogg's was utter poo poo.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

there's an nxt show tonight apparently :rubby:

quote:

Great American Bash:

Valentina Feroz, Yulisa Leon, Nathan Frazer and Dragon Lee vs The Meta-Four (Noam Dar, Lash Legend, Oro Mensah and Jakara Jackson) in a mixed-tag preshow match
Gable Steveson makes his pro wrestling debut against Baron Corbin
Roxanne Perez vs Blair Davenport in a Weapons Wild match
Tiffany Stratton defends the women's title against Thea Hail in a submission match
Gallus (Mark Coffey and Wolfgang) defend the tag titles against the Family (Tony D'Angelo and Channing "Stacks" Lorenzo)
Dominik Mysterio defends the North American title in a triple threat against Wes Lee and Mustafa Ali
Carmelo Hayes defends the world title against Ilja Dragunov

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Weapons wild better be something more interesting than a no dq match the world doesn’t need more names for those

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
What the gently caress is a Meta-Four?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Also poor Noam Dar, been with the company 7 years and still only curtain-jerking on the preshow for developmental

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Nothing, what’s a Meta-Four with you?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Rarity posted:

Also poor Noam Dar, been with the company 7 years and still only curtain-jerking on the preshow for developmental

You say that, but he probably makes a relatively decent salary. OK, he has to live in Florida which is no Glasgow I'll grant you, but he'd never earn the money on the indies he's on now for working less than 50 dates over the last 4 years. I just hope he's got some healthy hobbies for all that free-time.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

bartok posted:

Test had a good one too. Road Dogg's was utter poo poo.

road dogg was a pumphandle into falling flat on your face

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8itY_BUAlTU&t=230s

look at the snap on this and Mike Enos was not a small man

fake edit: lol at that overdub because Wrath's WCW theme was a WCW knock off of Van Halen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5txwFv-zYM

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I had really forgotten Noam had existed until he appeared on NXT facing off against Dragon Lee(from what I remember?) with the Heritage cup. Such a talented wrestler that could be doing more.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Tiffany Stratton in a submission match has wmotyc written all over it

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
That's right, women's match of the year contender.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

in AEW maybe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

forkboy84 posted:

You say that, but he probably makes a relatively decent salary. OK, he has to live in Florida which is no Glasgow I'll grant you, but he'd never earn the money on the indies he's on now for working less than 50 dates over the last 4 years. I just hope he's got some healthy hobbies for all that free-time.

Lol if you think nxt money is decent