Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kheldarn posted:

CT are the ONLY Alliance Raids I have unlocked, and now, I will NEVER unlock any others! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! SUCK IT, HATERS!

An impressive dedication to locking yourself out of a huge chunk of the game's content entirely to earn a slight more amount of exp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I'm really happy alliance raids are getting an ilvl lock. I wish the MSQ trials had gotten it first but at least we have reason to believe it'll happen now.

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Jul 29, 2023

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

The fact this expac has given us Road to El Dorado memes gives me such an immense amount of joy

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
When G'raha is asked if he wants a hard or soft taco

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Leal posted:

When G'raha is asked if he wants a hard or soft taco

The ancient, terrible magic of the Crunchwrap Supreme

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

G'raha being our designated fast food enthusiast is a really great character development considering all he's been through

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
g'raha eats halal snack pack when?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Runa posted:

G'raha being our designated fast food enthusiast is a really great character development considering all he's been through

I was ruminating on this and the rumors of a Painter-esque job and i realized that i really want a short order cook combat job. like one of those Taiwanese food stall operators that is just throwing woks full of hot peppers around

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

bobtheconqueror posted:

ARR tribes are a bit weird, though. The rep you get from those is lower, so they take longer, although you can eventually get all your daily beast tribe quests from a single tribe, unlike HW and later when you can only get three from each tribe each day. Also, the Ixal take longer because they start lower than the others iirc. They're also the crafting tribe so you've got to have crafting and gathering classes leveled at least a little bit to do those quests.
They don't actually take longer because the ARR combat tribes only have three rep levels to go through. The rep levels align to exactly five days for each rank by doing the three (recognized) or six (friendly, trusted) max. rank dailies. Due to daily allowances this takes 25 days for all four tribes (23 if you exclusively do the three top rank dailies each day for every tribe):
start at recognized, earn 150 rep in 5 days x 3 quests x 10 rep (can be done for all tribes at once, 5 days total)
friendly, earn 360 rep in 5 days of 3 quests x 10 rep + 3 quests x 14 rep (two tribes simultaneously, 10 days total)
trusted, earn 510 rep in 5 days of 3 quests x 14 rep + 3 quests x 20 rep (two tribes simultaneously, 10 days total)

Ixal quests have six ranks but also way more quests available. If you do all the available Ixal quests each day, including the special turnin (Deliverance), you can finish them in under two weeks. It obviously takes longer if you need to spend daily quest allowances on other reputations or if you skip some of those Ixal dailies for your sanity (eg. the gathering quests).

In comparison the SB/ShB/EW tribes take about four weeks each if you get the bonus dailies on rank-up days. For HW, Vath are a few days faster, but the Moogles and Vanu take another week and a half because they start at neutral and only give 50 rep/quest. Completing all of the ARR tribes takes about as long as finishing Vanu or Moogles if you min-max them.

orcane fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jul 30, 2023

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Are the quests for the upcoming capstone questline from Sworn or Bloodsworn?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
What is the new “lifestyle content” is “you get a pirate ship”

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Countblanc posted:

They're always Bloodsworn

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Countblanc posted:

Generally it's always the max attainable rank because the capstone levels them up again at the end.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Urianger and Thancred going "URIANGER AND THANCRED! THANCRED AND URIANGER! MIGHTY AND POWERFUL GODS" while flexing

There would be a New World equivalent of Tataru who would want in on the scam

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
This localization panel is a delight.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Failboattootoot posted:

This is the first time Kate's really been presenting rather than just translating, and it's really nice to see that she's so good at it.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Failboattootoot posted:

I’ve never seen the new head localizer in person and she’s really great, this whole talk is bouncing between funny and super in depth informative.

I like that even after moving to a different game Koji remained the dedicated Dragon Guy and they had to call him back whenever they needed test recordings of dragon language for the voice actors

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
The guy that made the Eorzean Aquariums is in the lore panel audience.

He's having a good time.

https://twitter.com/fisherfruity/status/1685437302770991104

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Koji is going to die and his memorial is going to reference larboard and starboard, he's never escaping this legacy.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Cleretic posted:

The guy that made the Eorzean Aquariums is in the lore panel audience.

He's having a good time.

https://twitter.com/fisherfruity/status/1685437302770991104

Aww that's awesome

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

They're improvising fish lore.

Specifically, sacabambaspis lore.

I love these nerds.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The MMO HMO > FINAL FANTASY XIV: >It's been 10 years and we ran out of fish facts

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
These panels are all recorded, right?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I wonder what the bosses of the Lunar Subterrane will be. Zemus's Breath/Malice is going to be one for sure, maybe Ogopogo, but it'd be neat if the ultimate boss was either Zeromus EG Type or Zeromus's Malice, whichever they don't intend to use for the actual trial.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
The development team to Kate upon getting back to Japan: "You want to call the fish what, now?"

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

I wonder what the bosses of the Lunar Subterrane will be. Zemus's Breath/Malice is going to be one for sure, maybe Ogopogo, but it'd be neat if the ultimate boss was either Zeromus EG Type or Zeromus's Malice, whichever they don't intend to use for the actual trial.

Voidsent Watcher

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
New big fish dropped
https://twitter.com/fisherfruity/status/1685438221646491648?t=pituh92a7TmGpwkv7HxSPg&s=19

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Legit surprised to hear Koji hasn't done any work on the 3rd EE, the first one was such his baby.

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much

:woop:

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I need to watch the localization panel so much…

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Consummate Professional posted:

These panels are all recorded, right?

I believe the streams get saved on their you tube

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
The VODs are up on Twitch and have pretty much never left since even the Heavensward panels.
This is today's: https://twitch.tv/videos/1884848378

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

The fanfest crowd cheers when the taco part of the trailer plays again lol

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Hogama posted:

The VODs are up on Twitch and have pretty much never left since even the Heavensward panels.
This is today's: https://twitch.tv/videos/1884848378

Thank you I must learn fish lore

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Funky Valentine posted:

The MMO HMO > FINAL FANTASY XIV: >It's been 10 years and we ran out of fish facts

Admins give us a FFXIV subforum so this can be the title of the fishing thread.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Consummate Professional posted:

Thank you I must learn fish lore

Because they actually did list favorite fish, I went and got those bits of fish lore from Gamer Escape. Here you go, everyone, the Lore Team's Favorite Fish:

They also mentioned just 'all Ultima Thule fish'. That's a lot (and I get why, Ultima Thule's fish are an awesome combo of deep-sea fish and cosmic horror) so check that out in your own time, but here's my favorite:

The Space Bishop is specifically based on a Jenny Haniver, a type of mummified ray.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Vermain posted:

anything purchased from the mog station

Oh no.

The armoire not being able to hold those was the reason I haven't dumped a ton of money on paid glams.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

OhFunny posted:

Oh no.

The armoire not being able to hold those was the reason I haven't dumped a ton of money on paid glams.

My condolences to your credit card. This celebration sale got me too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lambdaupsilon
Jun 23, 2023

ultima thule's also got some cool prehistoric stuff, like Echinos (Wiwaxia), Triaina (appears to be a eurypterid of some kind), and Monster Carrot (Tullimonstrum)
also it's got a ctenophore (Wormhole Worm) so i love them forever