Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Giggs
Jan 4, 2013

mama huhu
jericho sims was 27x (tho 2nd bid was 1)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
NOOOOOO I HAS 557 AND SWITCHED IT TO 555

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Giggs posted:

jericho sims was 27x (tho 2nd bid was 1)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

kalensc posted:

:lol:

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

kalensc posted:

Let this be a lesson: increase your bids everyone.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Motherfucker looked at the bid and was all "I think I will decrease it by two literal dollars"

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

DC Murderverse posted:

I genuinely thought 180-something would have put me close to bridges but I was way wrong

Makes me wish I had bumped my Tatum bid up more
I like Bridges a ton and had the $255 bid on him and was wondering if I was gonna outbid everyone by $100 but instead I lost. Surprised I won LaMelo instead but solid price on that one.

BWV posted:

Feel like all the money being committed to players who will probably retire for medical reasons needs to be investigated. Something fishy is afoot.
Bids of $59 and $42 for a dude Lonzo who missed all last year and they already announced he’s missing all this year. Nefarious GMs are just hoping the sim doesn’t penalize him or what?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Fast Luck posted:

Bids of $59 and $42 for a dude Lonzo who missed all last year and they already announced he’s missing all this year. Nefarious GMs are just hoping the sim doesn’t penalize him or what?

He'll probably play like a guy priced for that much in the sim (or better, tbh) - but some people are punting goon votes.

Indiana won the Goon Vote last year but I think both Doltos (Kings) and Zuvella (76ers) were top 5 in goon voting and both made it to the finals, so it'll be interesting to see who can do well in both.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

I vote that Lonzo Ball be banished.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Fast Luck posted:

I like Bridges a ton and had the $255 bid on him and was wondering if I was gonna outbid everyone by $100 but instead I lost. Surprised I won LaMelo instead but solid price on that one.

Your bid on LaMelo was perfect because I never at any point considered going above 290

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Fast Luck posted:

It's an insurance/tax scam. Claim the loss, get insurance to reimburse the contract and now that owner gets a cool $59 to go to the mall and buy DBZ shirts.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Put Kobe up, its possible he could play some nba minutes

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

The bad news is we are overspending, but the good news is we are overspending at a waaaaaaay less dramatic rate than last time.

Last year, at this point, we had spent 26.6% of the cap on 18.4% of the roster spots. Given that these are both things that are static and capped in the league, they should be spent at roughly the same rate through the game. We blew it out of the water by 8.16%. Days 4 and 5 were even worse. At the rough halfway (day 8) we had spent 74% of our money on 55% of our roster spots. It was bad.

Now, we are still overspending, but by a way more resonable 3.43%, though it is probably worse than it is becase we are still giving out a lot of roster spots to dudes who are going to ultimately be waived on days 12+.

We have a few days before we will really know for sure, but the enviroment that let people snag stars for dirt cheap on later days might not be there again this time around.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I'm sad that I didn't win derrick white.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Paul Zuvella posted:

The bad news is we are overspending, but the good news is we are overspending at a waaaaaaay less dramatic rate than last time.

Last year, at this point, we had spent 26.6% of the cap on 18.4% of the roster spots. Given that these are both things that are static and capped in the league, they should be spent at roughly the same rate through the game. We blew it out of the water by 8.16%. Days 4 and 5 were even worse. At the rough halfway (day 8) we had spent 74% of our money on 55% of our roster spots. It was bad.

Now, we are still overspending, but by a way more resonable 3.43%, though it is probably worse than it is becase we are still giving out a lot of roster spots to dudes who are going to ultimately be waived on days 12+.

We have a few days before we will really know for sure, but the enviroment that let people snag stars for dirt cheap on later days might not be there again this time around.

I will never waive Vit Krejci.

I saw him cook the Blazers a few years ago and that has cemented him in my mind as a certified baller.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Paul Zuvella posted:

Today will probably slow us way down.

Probably

ScooterMcTiny
Apr 7, 2004

Deadbeat Dad posted:

He'll probably play like a guy priced for that much in the sim (or better, tbh) - but some people are punting goon votes.

Indiana won the Goon Vote last year but I think both Doltos (Kings) and Zuvella (76ers) were top 5 in goon voting and both made it to the finals, so it'll be interesting to see who can do well in both.

Yea my Pacers team got cooked in the first round

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011
Knicks made it to the conference finals last year. Hope your Kings strategy still works in NY this year Doltos. drat Daily News forced me out as GM.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Now that I've got my superstar I just need to build around him

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Naz Reid

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

I think i paid $1 for naz reid in like byogm 2020 or something

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Wished we did byogm when Giannis got drafted

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Will be starting around 7:30.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Free Agents (Unbidded on players able to be signed at the end of the entire bidding process for waived players)

Jaylen Martin (G)

Xavier Sneed (F)

Jarrett Culver (G/F)

Everybody else has a bid, let's get on to D4!

Deadbeat Dad fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jul 30, 2023

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

xbilkis have signed Thanasis Antetokounmpo for $1.

(The next highest bid was $0.)

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Activia has signed Leaky Black for $1.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

DeimosRising has signed Caleb Houstan for $1.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

a new study bible! have signed Filip Petrusev for $3.

(The next highest bid was $1.)

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Deadbeat Dad posted:

xbilkis have signed Thanasis Antetokounmpo for $1.

Lmao

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

kingcobweb have signed Hunter Tyson for $1.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Drunk Canuck has signed Vlatko Cancar for $2.

(This was won via coin toss versus G-Hawk.)

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

IcePhoenix has signed Raul Neto for $1.

(This was won via coin toss versus Drunk Canuck.)

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Fast Luck has signed Colby Jones for $3.

(The next highest bid was $1.)

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Veryslightlymad has signed Chimezie Metu for $5.

(The next highest bid was $2.)

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

xbilkis has signed Trendon Watford for $4.

(The next highest bid was $2.)

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

kalensc has signed Drew Eubanks for $3.

(This was won via coin toss versus Fast Luck.)

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I regret being a coward and not going for the All-Star Name Team cuz by now I could have a starting 5 of

JT Thor
Omax Prosper
Leaky Black
Jay Scrubb
Xavier Sneed

word up to marvel studios i got a script to talk about with yall

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Salvor_Hardin has signed Daniel Theis for $8.

(The next highest bid was $6.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Hell yeah