Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Over 300 new posts since last night, what happened now?

Oh.

Another day, another dumb idea straight out of the brain of an edgy 13 year old boy stuck in the body of a middle-aged dork.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Strong Sauce posted:

only muni buses can pass through market st there, cars can still go across market st but it seems like most of that would be off-angle...
---

so uhh. should i go down there tonight and see it in person at night? i am kinda curious how much that thing lights up the entire area.

If you're actually nearby in person and it's not super inconvenient, you should totally get a goon-eye-view from the street and post it.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

He'd have a shot if he got on the ticket somehow because they'll vote for anyone with an (R) , but even the dumbest actual politician would completely crush him in the primaries

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

feelix posted:

Republicans would absolutely support repealing the citizenship requirement to get Elon elected and we should all be worried about that, Trump won and Elon could too

If republicans could change the constitution to remove the natural-born citizen requirement we’re already in deeper trouble, because they’d just make the government a white nationalist theocratic dictatorship.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Maguoob posted:

If republicans could change the constitution to remove the natural-born citizen requirement we’re already in deeper trouble, because they’d just make the government a white nationalist theocratic dictatorship.

Like the supreme court?

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
Who's shittier person, Elain or Joe Rogan?

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Appropriately, that giant strobing 'X' on top of a building looks like a villain's lair in an NES Mega Man game.

I mean, the main villain of Mega Man 6 is literally named "Mr. X" and he lives in a castle that looks like this:

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

i'm not a manic narcissist, i'm just extreme-multitasking. i'm actually the only person on earth capable of such a feat.

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Maguoob posted:

If it ever came to it, I doubt they'd bother changing the constitution. They'd just ignore it, and somehow get away with it with zero repurcussions

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Tweets Posts can be 1488 characters?

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Musk is floundering in the face of X bleeding money, so I'm almost betting that tonight he's going to move forward with "PUT YOUR BANKING INFORMATION INTO X"

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

E the Shaggy posted:

Musk is floundering in the face of X bleeding money, so I'm almost betting that tonight he's going to move forward with "PUT YOUR BANKING INFORMATION INTO X"

Elon NFTs

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
That thing was put up late Friday, knowing that it would come down first thing Monday
When a city official turns up and carefully explains the consequences that kick in at noon.
It was put up so you can discuss it all weekend.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

E the Shaggy posted:

"We don't have the services associated with it (looking into it. 😂) but from today on we will provide you a space where you can store all your personal passwords and banking information. To give you unhindered access, we found a way to prevent encryption!"

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012

So I know the "I need to stay here to promote and sell my art" defense wears down every time Elon does something morally reprehensible and people leave the site en masse and I also think that any artist left should be planning an exit, but drat this is a real stupid thing for artist communities. "Repost" has the connotation of someone saving your image or animation and then posting it again somewhere else, often without any credit or link back to the artist. It happens frequently enough that you often see "do not repost" disclaimers on the original tweet/upload/post/etc and sometimes even the art itself. If you wanna share a cool thing someone else made on Twitter the generally accepted method was to retweet it because it sourced right back to OP.

And now X is using the same language that's been so loaded for artists. Just lmao

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Grey Cat posted:

Elon NFTs

I'm sorry to walk anything back but you have the coolest av along with dumb sex-parrot. It's a short list.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Grey Cat posted:

Elon NFTs

ElonFTs

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Carlos Lantana posted:

That thing was put up late Friday, knowing that it would come down first thing Monday
When a city official turns up and carefully explains the consequences that kick in at noon.
It was put up so you can discuss it all weekend.

again, that would require forward thinking

elon doesn't have a plan, he's just doing whatever he wants

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Biographer: that blank stare means he is looking five million moves into the future

Reality:

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Have they? I still see "Tweet" everywhere:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

This makes me want to die

no
wait

This makes me want him to die

(not sure whether I mean Elon or the author)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Dabir posted:

ElonFTs

Maybe if we're lucky he'll do the superman thing like Trump to be even more bizarre.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

Entropic posted:

Have they? I still see "Tweet" everywhere:

They're actually going to be changed to "Reheils"

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i for one believe in the rule of law and its use of fines to correct elon's misconduct

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

armpit_enjoyer posted:

I mean, the main villain of Mega Man 6 is literally named "Mr. X" and he lives in a castle that looks like this:

That's exactly what I was thinking of, except of course that "Dr. X" was a lot more competent at being a villain.

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

twistedmentat posted:

They're going to start with a venmo style thing, and whenever someone sends money to another user, it will show up in their timeliness for everyone can see, and it will take them at least a week to track down why.

The funniest part of this is Facebook Messenger has had this feature for years and nobody uses it and most don't know it exists

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Data Graham posted:

This makes me want to die

no
wait

This makes me want him to die

(not sure whether I mean Elon or the author)

I dunno, I do like the tack the biographer and Sleeping Bag Moron have taken of stealth insulting Elon by using the oldest trick in the anti narcistic book: Serving your insults crushed up and mixed into honey so they don't notice them

I'd rather they speedbag his kidneys behind his hosed up robotorso until his boxy low poly jowlface head sproings up like a rock 'em sock 'em robot but we can't get what we always want

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

lol gym jordan has another twitter files up

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

armpit_enjoyer posted:

A pretty apt metaphor. We all know it's the same idiot with a different brand, but we go along with it even if we've done this six times already.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
https://twitter.com/realchrisjbeale/status/1685399749166551040

HOLY. poo poo. Right into people's apartments.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Elon is such a oval office

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."
I feel like the police should be able to do something about that? Like, immediately just go an and switch it off?

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Goffer posted:

I feel like the police should be able to do something about that? Like, immediately just go an and switch it off?

The police should tie Elon to it like a Saint Andrews cross so he just stops.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

I imagine you gotta hear from a lawyer looking for the class action right? No permit, obviously harmed class, publicly posting villain, and so on

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Dr. Fraiser Chain posted:

I imagine you gotta hear from a lawyer looking for the class action right? No permit, obviously harmed class, publicly posting villain, and so on

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1685195158856323074

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."
If your neighbour was blaring music at midnight the cops can come shut that down, I would hope that light and noise pollution are treated similarly.

Zoobtro
Aug 22, 2003

Got miself a nice little earner, isn't it
Elam should put on a cape and go pose on top his big x for an hour, that would be cool

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

San Francisco, great city. Except it sucks rear end and everyone hates us. But gently caress it, we'll never leave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

kazil posted:

San Francisco, great city. Except it sucks rear end and everyone hates us. But gently caress it, we'll never leave.