Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Koirhor posted:

canada is a mining conglomerate masquerading as a country

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Dreylad posted:

anything under 100gb install is fine these days

I feel like a lot of the people getting BG3 haven't played many video games that aren't CRPGs, so that's why the size is such a big shock (because otherwise someone being like "a game that is more than 50GB?!" in 2023 is very funny).

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Just did Twinsides. FF16 rules. GotY

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Final fantasy is back!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
canada is where commander shepard is from

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Al! posted:

canada is where commander shepard is from

only the male one and he's not canon I'm told

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Ytlaya posted:

I feel like a lot of the people getting BG3 haven't played many video games that aren't CRPGs, so that's why the size is such a big shock (because otherwise someone being like "a game that is more than 50GB?!" in 2023 is very funny).

wait until release when the they find out it’s 150+

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Amuro from Gundam is either half-Canadian or half-Mexican depending on the continuity.

The other half is obviously Japanese.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

RandolphCarter posted:

wait until release when the they find out it’s 150+

Lots of people suddenly upset that they can't fit the game on their 10-15yo PCs when the game gets released.

Exo-
Dec 8, 2021

Discovering how much I enjoy the Tank role in WoW. It's fun to be the one in control, even though I don't always know exactly what I'm doing.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yScl7XN5DPg

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Ytlaya posted:

Lots of people suddenly upset that they can't fit the game on their 10-15yo PCs when the game gets released.

I am barely going to be able to fit it on my steam deck

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

well theres good news and bad news

the bad news is that AC5 Verdict Day doesnt work properly and crashes after the first mission

the good news is the first mission was so bad i don't care

god drat the 360 era made all games ugly as gently caress, just noisy brown textures everywhere and tiny blurry fonts

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Exo- posted:

Discovering how much I enjoy the Tank role in WoW. It's fun to be the one in control, even though I don't always know exactly what I'm doing.

its great especially when you get to late game because the dps slot is always filled

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
CoH Scrapper was the best role

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

Communist Thoughts posted:

well theres good news and bad news

the bad news is that AC5 Verdict Day doesnt work properly and crashes after the first mission

the good news is the first mission was so bad i don't care

god drat the 360 era made all games ugly as gently caress, just noisy brown textures everywhere and tiny blurry fonts

it is a visual mess of a game. looks and runs like poo poo on an emulator and i can only imagine how trash it was on the consoles at launch. i assume there’s something fun there but i had to give up emulating it because it ran so bad

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Tanking is always the best, the big reason why Rift basically ruined MMOs for me was that I could be a tank that was also the main healer, and most heal builds could really put out some damage too so we'd just race through instances with 4 dps

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Think I'll just try AC4 instead, I really liked 4As xtreme speed and flight.
Last raven looks good too but doesn't have that style I don't think.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

Tanking is always the best, the big reason why Rift basically ruined MMOs for me was that I could be a tank that was also the main healer, and most heal builds could really put out some damage too so we'd just race through instances with 4 dps

rift was the greatest hotbar MMO ever, the period around the first expansion was the zenith of the genre in terms of raid, class, and open world design. my best buddy and I led a guild through the first two years after launch, he played chloromancer and I played the more reactive cleric healer class. the fights with mage tanking and other gimmicks on top of the classes with damage-to-heal and vice versa executed so well were just incredible. shame it’s a pathetic shadow of itself and their attempt at doing RIFT classic was just a really halfassed instance of the original game using the current backbone so the early dungeons didn’t even work, literally every system was broken

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

What if there was an MMO, but if you die in the game you die in real life? And if you're good at the game (you will be, because you're a gamer), hot girls will gently caress you?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Fortnite secrets found in this last update:

The mysterious leaker who leaked the terminator collab from a developer build is saying a collab that involves "fighters" is coming. Unknown if that means more street fighter, new mortal kombat, or WWE. WWE was featured heavily in the last collab survey.

The mysterious leaker also claims a jujutsu kaisen collab is coming. I'm excited for that one.

The mysterious leaker is also claiming a music collab with someone named Rosalia.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

That Optimus transmission is deep. We can all learn something from our past.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

it means they’re bringing back slurp juice

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

That Optimus transmission is deep. We can all learn something from our past.

People speculate the Seven are returning or some time travel stuff will happen. The seven are currently imprisoned by something though and have "changed" for the worse.

We are nearing the end of this season so I'm sure more leaks or story bits will come soon.

Mr Hootington has issued a correction as of 02:50 on Jul 30, 2023

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Ytlaya posted:

What if there was an MMO, but if you die in the game you die in real life?

god i wish

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I'm just gonna ask: how the gently caress are all these koroks getting up to the loving sky islands

I just found one on top of the Zonaite forge island. I barely got up here myself. How did it get here.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

loquacius posted:

I'm just gonna ask: how the gently caress are all these koroks getting up to the loving sky islands

I just found one on top of the Zonaite forge island. I barely got up here myself. How did it get here.

they were there before the catastrophe

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Remnant 2 kicks rear end because instead of just grinding rng for weapon drops that you'll replace because you find a less cool weapon with better numbers, you solve puzzles and find secrets to find weapons that you keep using for as long as you want because all weapons can be upgraded to endgame levels so the only reason to replace one is that you find a cooler one.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

RandolphCarter posted:

they were there before the catastrophe

Me, a Korok, discovered by the first living being I have seen for centuries or millennia, having been trapped on an island suspended kilometers up in the air since the fall of the Zonai civilization: "Yahaha! You found me!"

Then I give them a seed I grew in my body. That concludes our business, so I stand there silent and motionless until they leave

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

you ever stop and think gaming was so good when you were a kid

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

here is my current ordered GOTY list. I'm looking forward to adding more poo poo to it

Pizza Tower
Hi-Fi Rush
Dredge
Myhouse
Slayers X
System Shock
Atomic Heart
Amnesia: The Bunker
My Friendly Neighborhood
dave the diver
Advance Wars: Re-boot Camp

I just finished system shock, I enjoyed it but god drat the ending sucked

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Grapplejack posted:

here is my current ordered GOTY list. I'm looking forward to adding more poo poo to it

Pizza Tower
Hi-Fi Rush
Dredge
Myhouse
Slayers X
System Shock
Atomic Heart
My Friendly Neighborhood
dave the diver

good list, I think ive played most of these

was the new amnesia actually that good though? havent played it but i think its free on XBGP. i'm surprised you rated Atomic Heart that high tbh

Xaris has issued a correction as of 03:43 on Jul 30, 2023

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Play the Live A Live remake.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
i think mine would be pretty similar for 2023-released best games:
- Roadwarden
- DAVE The Diver
- Roots of Pacha
- System Shock
- RE4 Make
- Hi-Fi Rush
- PIzza Tower
- Slayers X
- Against the Storm* (ok fine doesnt count but its GOTY every year it's still being updated :colbert:)
- Brotato

ones i wanted to be good or were fine but werent good enough / sort of a let down. not bad, just not good enough imo.
- Trepang 2
- WH 40k Boltgun
- Returnal
- Dredge
- Terra Nil

upcomiung games on deck for 2023 that look sick but not out yet, have high hopes though:
- Deep Rock Galactic: Survivor (vampire survivor meets DRG)
- Death Must Die
- Extremely Powerful Capybaras
- Lies of P
- Selaco
- Desynced
- Synced (apparently not related to above but lol)
- Wizard with a Gun
- Book of Hours
- Defenders Quest 2: Mist sof Ruin

have not yet played SLUDGE LIFE 2 or Zelda ToTK or Pikmin 4 or whatever. i'm super behind on my Switch backlog.

Xaris has issued a correction as of 03:48 on Jul 30, 2023

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Grapplejack posted:

Pizza Tower
Hi-Fi Rush
Dredge
Myhouse
Slayers X
System Shock
Atomic Heart
My Friendly Neighborhood
dave the diver

Im at
Ff16
Fortnite
Dead island 2

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

My goty contender is smaller.

Hi-Fi RUSH
Pizza Tower
Remnant 2

Jedi Survivor and FF16 are in the "great game, but don't occupy my brainspace like the goty contenders do" category.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Xaris posted:

good list, I think ive played most of these

was the new amnesia actually that good though? havent played it but i think its free on XBGP. i'm surprised you rated Atomic Heart that high tbh

I am significantly more willing to put up with jank than most people, and I thought the setting and art design were strong enough to put Atomic Heart that high. Also yes Amnesia is really good, it's in and out and doesn't waste your time and the gameplay works well.

Grapplejack has issued a correction as of 04:06 on Jul 30, 2023

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Good games you should try:
- Roadwarden
- Rain World