Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Laterite posted:

I love the Chet Desmond segment of FWWM.

But it's not connected to the rest of the film in any meaningful way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

starkebn posted:

so?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

maybe if the movie was standalone i'd dislike it but it ties into season 3 and is entertaining on it's own right

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

lol disney just killed mickey mouse

https://insidethemagic.net/2023/07/disney-is-retiring-mickey-mouse-nk1/

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
i mean they've lost copyright so it makes sense

plus everyone is into marvel cinematic multiverse phase 4 comic book meets star wars collab crossover poo poo or frozen elsa spiderman stuff; the mouse has no profitability left comparatively towards making cape slop

starkebn
May 18, 2004

This is just someone's opinion based on the end of a TV show and the fact Mickey hasn't been in a movie for 9 years. Click bait (it got me)

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Personally not a fan of that in a film that otherwise comes across as a narrative.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

awkward_turtle posted:

I watched it in Albuquerque, that got some love. There was an audible chuckle from the whole theater at the , " if I could figure out how to unite New Mexico and physics I would be truly happy," line.

I wish I was still going to be here when Killers of the Flower Moon comes out, the theater is going to be electric.

Albuquerque literally renamed its baseball team The Isotopes after a Simpsons episode. Funny thing is it's actually a fitting name on its own merits, there's tons of nuclear science in New Mexico, one of the reasons they set Black Mesa there.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Xaris posted:

plus everyone is into marvel cinematic multiverse phase 4 comic book meets star wars collab crossover poo poo or frozen elsa spiderman stuff; the mouse has no profitability left comparatively towards making cape slop

huh? non-spider man marvel is losing a lot of steam. half of the movies post-avengers have either squeaked by or tanked. also Disney has announced and canceled half a dozen Star Wars movies after ep 9 barely broke even.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

It would be nice if Disney collapses like the Roman Empire.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

id rather not have every other movie studio for centuries afterwards trying and failing to be disneys spiritual successor

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Some Guy TT posted:

id rather not have every other movie studio for centuries afterwards trying and failing to be disneys spiritual successor

Well too bad the King Rat Company is the wave of the future!

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

watching madame secretary because im too much of a special snowflake to just watch west wing like a normal person

loling at the dialog referencing the afghanistan withdrawal that is totally happening any day now in 2014 and also how the title character having an out of wedlock child with the man she eventually marries anyway qualifies as a scandal

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

starkebn posted:

yeah it is

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

i was joking about reygadas but I got probed for something else perhaps it was karmic justice

I was trying to think of a movie take that I would hate but believe somebody had

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

adam sandler has had the best quarter-century of any actor ever

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
he hasn't even made a great comedy in nearly that long

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

neither has anybody else

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Tropic Thunder

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

also what we do in the shadows. Bridesmaids was great imo but I can see not liking it

e: Four Lions

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Adam Sandler has been in 2 movies worth rewatching in the past 15 years (Uncut Gems, Hustle)

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

FIND THE JUDGE CHILD OR YOUR CITY DIES
Grimey Drawer

Xaris posted:

Calling it now, after falling profits for both brands, the first entry in the combined MAR WARS franchise. In theaters summer 2026.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

just the MCU's current Avengers incarnation would wipe the floor with the combined OT/prequels/sequels/spinoff Star Wars universe in about 15 minutes of runtime it's a terrible crossover idea

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Since someone else already broke containment on Star Wars, I caught a big chunk of Attack of the Clones while getting lunch yesterday. For as much as people rightfully rag on the dialogue in that movie, watching it with no sound let me realize how bad it looks too. Not just the CGI which of course is going to look dated after 20 years, but even tactile stuff like Jango Fett's armor looks kinda lovely. I thought that they had infinite money while making this film?

i say swears online posted:

In terms of money made he's probably up there, at least if you weigh it in proportion to time/effort spent making said money.

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

i say swears online posted:

only took the death of higher talent

FuckLacedFusillade
Jan 21, 2005
Legendary Dark Knight

C-Euro posted:

Since someone else already broke containment on Star Wars, I caught a big chunk of Attack of the Clones while getting lunch yesterday. For as much as people rightfully rag on the dialogue in that movie, watching it with no sound let me realize how bad it looks too. Not just the CGI which of course is going to look dated after 20 years, but even tactile stuff like Jango Fett's armor looks kinda lovely. I thought that they had infinite money while making this film?

It was filmed on digital at 720p it's basically impossible for it to look good.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

FuckLacedFusillade posted:

lmao

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

can't believe I didn't realize this sooner.

also:

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

just use ai upscaling to fix it

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
its like poetry, it rhymes.

There is a heckuva a lot of talent that went into episode 2 but the finished product is so bad that the entire thing just pisses me off

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

A Buttery Pastry posted:

just use ai upscaling to fix it

this is kind of a tangent but there is a boxing channel i like that does pretty good upscaling of old TV broadcasts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFJb55D84dc

FuckLacedFusillade
Jan 21, 2005
Legendary Dark Knight

ArmZ posted:

can't believe I didn't realize this sooner.

I didn't know either until I watched this youtube video! Also technically I was wrong, it wasn't filmed at 720p but rather at a whopping 1440x1080 resolution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7Iuia5560Y

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

Koburn posted:

Calling it now, after falling profits for both brands, the first entry in the combined MAR WARS franchise. In theaters summer 2026.

marvel vs capcom. coming to an arcade theater near you

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

starkebn posted:

Personally not a fan of that in a film that otherwise comes across as a narrative.

lol you are really not gonna like the third season

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I didn't know either until I watched this youtube video! Also technically I was wrong, it wasn't filmed at 720p but rather at a whopping 1440x1080 resolution.

that's 8x better, right?

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

the last jedi was also filmed at 1080p. the DP doesn't believe in 4k

edit: it was mostly shot on film and scanned at 2k I believe. 2k is bigger than 1440x1080, at 2048 x 1536.

but 2k for projection is 1998x1080 for a 1:1.85 movie

Antonymous has issued a correction as of 17:12 on Jul 30, 2023

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

the #1 most used digital cinema camera (by a large margin) 2010-2022 couldn't do 4k. movies are almost all projected at 1080p in the theater

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Tom Cruise says I should get an 8k tv and you can’t stop me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
so I’m watching this tmnt trailer and umm I’m just saying why is always redheaded characters than get recast as african americans? seems like a trend, and I’m not saying their is something wrong with added diversity for example I have no issue whatsoever with the casting for Liet Kynes in Dune but its starting to feel like ginger erasure.

maybe its my affinity for redheads I don’t know