Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Cubone posted:

fury road, dredd, and a third movie

ong bak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

everyone proclaiming the death of rlm is a pervert who just wants everyone to talk about jenny and/or anime

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
Last point but I've been following RLM long enough that I remember when both Half in the Bag and Best of the Worst began people, or goons at least, were decrying them as the beginning of the end for RLM and a cheapening of their brand.

Like there was this one guy in these threads who would constantly complain about BOTW and say it was RLM lowering themselves to Nostalgia Critic levels of discourse since they were making fun of bad movies on the internet.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

I thought the animated pilot was a bit bumpy, but I wouldn't mind if they did more. In terms of youtuber attempting-traditional-media projects, there are certainly a lot worse out there.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

I’m watching it right now, it’s fine I guess. But it doesn’t really change my opinion that the boys should stay away from scripted content even if they’re better at it than most other YouTubers.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Dredd, Fury Road, Crank. That's like an atomic blast; I don't think I'd survive.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

poisonpill posted:

Dredd, Fury Road, Crank. That's like an atomic blast; I don't think I'd survive.

I'd switch the order up on those. Crank, Dredd, then Fury Road.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

colonelwest posted:

I’m watching it right now, it’s fine I guess. But it doesn’t really change my opinion that the boys should stay away from scripted content even if they’re better at it than most other YouTubers.

Like all of 2 minutes of it is scripted content tho.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Kill Crank
Marry Fury Road
gently caress Dredd

fuzzyduckbutt
Mar 3, 2016

Mega64 posted:

Kill Crank
Marry Fury Road
gently caress Dredd

:hmmyes:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Just finished watching Top Hat Monkey Goes West. Too much CG in the latter half of the movie but I'm glad the hero finally managed to convince the monkey to go west.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdCKVo7jAH8

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Mega64 posted:

Kill Crank
Marry Fury Road
gently caress Dredd

Crank is so unbelievably overrated. Crank 2 gave me the same headache I got from watching Boondock Saints.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

The trailer for the new Saw movie just came out. It looks fine, but like The Haunted Mansion, it's a movie that seems like it should come out in October for Halloween season but was instead moved to late September. The only horror movies I'm seeing with wide releases in October so far are the exorcist thing and five nights at freddy's. Surely there's room for one more?

edit: No wait, I'm dumb. It's right before october so the movie can run the whole month. never mind

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

What’s the status of My Dog Has a Doghouse That’s Haunted by a Ghost? I know Jay’s not union, but the dog they cast might be.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

khwarezm posted:

Last point but I've been following RLM long enough that I remember when both Half in the Bag and Best of the Worst began people, or goons at least, were decrying them as the beginning of the end for RLM and a cheapening of their brand.

Like there was this one guy in these threads who would constantly complain about BOTW and say it was RLM lowering themselves to Nostalgia Critic levels of discourse since they were making fun of bad movies on the internet.
what fools! fortunately we are wiser now and can see with clear eyes that actually this is the beginning of the end for rlm and a cheapening of their brand

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Lister posted:

The trailer for the new Saw movie just came out. It looks fine, but like The Haunted Mansion, it's a movie that seems like it should come out in October for Halloween season but was instead moved to late September. The only horror movies I'm seeing with wide releases in October so far are the exorcist thing and five nights at freddy's. Surely there's room for one more?

edit: No wait, I'm dumb. It's right before october so the movie can run the whole month. never mind

Five Nights at Freddies is gonna be big. If it had come out like three years ago it would have been too late, but now it's right in the perfect spot where kids are still into the franchise and adults have fond memories of it from their childhood.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.

Mega64 posted:

Kill Crank
Marry Fury Road
gently caress Dredd

That's the most anyone has ever been right about anything on the internet.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Gripweed posted:

Five Nights at Freddies is gonna be big. If it had come out like three years ago it would have been too late, but now it's right in the perfect spot where kids are still into the franchise and adults have fond memories of it from their childhood.

I'm sure it will be, but it's also a PG-13 horror movie. I'd think there were horror fans that will expect it to pull its punches and not be interested from that alone.

And the game is like 10 years old. I don't think its popularity ever waned very much since it got regular releases. Three years ago would have been a fine time to put it out if covid hadn't happened.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Lister posted:

I'm sure it will be, but it's also a PG-13 horror movie. I'd think there were horror fans that will expect it to pull its punches and not be interested from that alone.

And the game is like 10 years old. I don't think its popularity ever waned very much since it got regular releases. Three years ago would have been a fine time to put it out if covid hadn't happened.

No there was a stretch where the earliest fans got older and thought it was lame. Now it's been long enough that they're like, "Oh yeah, Five Nights at Freddies, I loved that poo poo!"

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Haunted Mansion deserved to flop just because they decided to release a halloween movie in loving July.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Gripweed posted:

No there was a stretch where the earliest fans got older and thought it was lame. Now it's been long enough that they're like, "Oh yeah, Five Nights at Freddies, I loved that poo poo!"

I think the guy just made too many games and they started to suck

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I'd be really sad if that dick stopped posting itt

DebonaireD
May 7, 2007

Argyle Gargoyle posted:

So what would you imagine a few great triple features would consist of if the oldest the flick could be is '94? Any theme allowed

Solaris (2002)
Psycho (1998)
Total Recall (2012)

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

kalel posted:

We've already lost too many good posters and it's getting harder to drown out the bad ones.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Endless Trash posted:

I’m going to sit at RLM’s hospice bed until the lines go flat. You guys can go. I won’t hold it against you at Christmas.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Watched Stephen King’s 1922 on Netflix tonight. It’s a good Stephen King old timey Americana story, and Thomas Jane is great in it. He really commits to talking and acting like an old timey farmer in Nebraska or Iowa or whatever, while everyone else around him just kind of… doesn’t. The wife’s good, but everyone else just kind of talks and acts normal while Thomas Jane’s acting his rear end off.

If you have Netflix and you haven’t watched it, it’s worth seeing.

kalel posted:

I’m not in favor of him not posting ITT anymore, but I’m still going to give him poo poo about it if he does after announcing he wouldn’t.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Ok Comboomer posted:

I almost posted the same thing and then deleted it

I think they should keep trying with different kinds of content, I think being internet critics for a decade+ has made it harder for them to do stuff outside of that niche, which is arguably what they were trying to do before the OG Plinkett videos broke big and contributed to George Lucas’s depression

so I encourage them to keep on keepin on

Yeah it’s fine, it’s all fine… If the boys think they can scab/nepo their way into a C-tier Adult Swim show in the twilight of Network TV, than more power to them. Mike and Jay always had artistic ambitions beyond being YouTube critics. Their content has been a little stale recently and I think Mike’s “dementia” is just his general ennui at this point.

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

also man did people not like the animated achewood test footage? I always thought it was a pretty solid adaptation

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

As someone who enjoyed Achewood up through the wedding, I thought the cartoon pilot was awful.

Echo Video
Jan 17, 2004

the only thing that can save the RLM boys now is the return of Jack

Barudak
May 7, 2007

First 20 minutes of Indiana Jones 5 are good, would be better with a new actor for indiana jones. Last 20 minutes of the film are so perfectly stupid its fun.

The middle 110 minutes suck

Lol, Mutt died in Vietnam

Barudak fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Jul 30, 2023

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Echo Video posted:

the only thing that can save the RLM boys now is the return of Patton Oswalt

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Echo Video posted:

the only thing that can save the RLM boys now is the return of Jack

“I walk into the improv club, the lights come on, and I start to see things that I recognize.”

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

I’m not in favor of him not posting ITT anymore, but I’m still going to give him poo poo about it if he does after announcing he wouldn’t.
I won't because I'm not sure if he was joking and if he was I don't want to lose cool points, but if you're willing to take that risk I can't stop you. cool points at risk here

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

this animated short sucks

e: the creators of space cop can't make good scripted content to save their lives??? who knew????

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

The pitch part was fun.

fuzzyduckbutt
Mar 3, 2016

colonelwest posted:

Yeah it’s fine, it’s all fine… If the boys think they can scab/nepo their way into a C-tier Adult Swim show in the twilight of Network TV, than more power to them. Mike and Jay always had artistic ambitions beyond being YouTube critics. Their content has been a little stale recently and I think Mike’s “dementia” is just his general ennui at this point.

are you all okay

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Let's talk anime.

Slam Dunk is in theaters, porco rosso returning soon, that's neat

Alright I'm done

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

Let's talk anime.

Slam Dunk is in theaters, porco rosso returning soon, that's neat

Alright I'm done

Slam Dunk has been in theaters in Japan here for like 3 goddamn months but we can't get Barbie until August 11 and Oppenheimer won't be released here so ups and downs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Barudak posted:

Oppenheimer won't be released here

huh, why not?