Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sayara
May 10, 2009

Saraiguma posted:

hasn't the fapi mp been coming for years? also do you have to still do an annoying amount of gear micro every prestige or is there a way around that

Well, maybe not years, but ever since game came out a year ago yes. There's a challenge now that takes away randomizing stats on gear, so only the item rating matters, and at 11th ascension your gear doesn't reset anymore when ascending. It's kinda chill when you get to that point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Sayara posted:

Well, maybe not years, but ever since game came out a year ago yes. There's a challenge now that takes away randomizing stats on gear, so only the item rating matters, and at 11th ascension your gear doesn't reset anymore when ascending. It's kinda chill when you get to that point.

oh neat I might have to get back into that I've been itching for a third game since USI is back burner status atm

Drakonis
Dec 18, 2011

"That will go down among my worst boners."
Orb of Creation update now live for patreon subscribers, link your patreon account to itch to access it.

edit: forgot url to access it https://marple.itch.io/orb-of-creation-experimental/patreon-access

Drakonis fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jul 27, 2023

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Any word on if/when the update will be hitting Steam?

Drakonis
Dec 18, 2011

"That will go down among my worst boners."

Randalor posted:

Any word on if/when the update will be hitting Steam?

August 17th

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Anyone playing Tingus Goose on Android? It sure is something

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46Lx_8EwkaU

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sweatychair.tingus&hl=en&gl=US

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Harminoff posted:

Anyone playing Tingus Goose on Android? It sure is something

:whoptc:

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

i will admit, was not expecting the weird animation person to have made an incremental
:whoptc:

Hryme
Nov 4, 2009
That is horrifying.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Well, I'm sold on Tingus Goose

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Hryme posted:

That is horrifying.

John Lee posted:

Well, I'm sold on Tingus Goose

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

What the gently caress is this? 2 minute later, I'm not high enough for this time to fix that.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

pixaal posted:

What the gently caress is this? 2 minute later, I'm not high enough for this time to fix that.
sounds like somebody who ain't ever seen a tingus goose before

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

I'm 172 days into my USI save sheesh.

It just hit Steam https://store.steampowered.com/app/2471100/Unnamed_Space_Idle/

I had issues importing with the Legacy Cloud Save but I just exported and imported from text/copy paste instead.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I really liked the Alpaca Evolution style graphics and then I figured out how to merge babies into hybrids and really liked it.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

There's a swole duck feeding babies to a fistula in my goose's neck

what is happening

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
tingus goose might not even be a good game but the aesthetic has me sold

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009

Beez Nuts

Suran37 fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Jul 30, 2023

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Goose game seems interesting but the prices seem a lil much.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

Focus on combining your babies; their bonus is exponential

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Suran37 posted:

Beez Nuts

This level was insane had so many bees and arms everything was in the knot hole and never touched the bank. Was making 10b a minute and reached 8 hours of banked growth and couldn't bank any more.

Next level got blocked with a 12 hour bud timer pretty early so now a waiting game on low income.

Just make a big juggle zone and things should merge up pretty well.

This little setup is basically everything I got got 2 hours and I'm getting decent results.

Basically the two launchers launch them by the butts and if a merge happens they can hit all of their again. I'm actually hitting my pop limit which is breaking this sometimes.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Jul 30, 2023

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
"With this you can now poop"

I love everything about the presentation and hate almost everything about the gameplay.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

pixaal posted:

This level was insane had so many bees and arms everything was in the knot hole and never touched the bank. Was making 10b a minute and reached 8 hours of banked growth and couldn't bank any more.

Next level got blocked with a 12 hour bud timer pretty early so now a waiting game on low income.

Just make a big juggle zone and things should merge up pretty well.

This little setup is basically everything I got got 2 hours and I'm getting decent results.

Basically the two launchers launch them by the butts and if a merge happens they can hit all of their again. I'm actually hitting my pop limit which is breaking this sometimes.

Just set up a quad merge! Do more than they yet?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

... what.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

This game is unhinged. Thank you for posting it.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

look, when you get 3 babies close to each other they will merge together and evolve into a higher form

I'm surprised they didn't cover this in health class

You unlock a chamber that turns a level 5 baby into a level 1 baby of a different tier

Xand_Man fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jul 30, 2023

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Randalor posted:

... what.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

From strategy talk being incomprehensible unless you've actually looked at the game to screenshots of the later game being incomprehensible

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Xtanstic posted:

This game is unhinged. Thank you for posting it.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
I like how steams achivement stats tell us exactly how many people there imported their saves.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Harminoff posted:

Just set up a quad merge! Do more than they yet?

theres one level above OrgansBaby but you don't get it by merging

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true

crime weed posted:

theres one level above OrgansBaby but you don't get it by merging

Played through level 6 and I've got some thoughts.
Beyond the insane theming, the core mechanic of Tingus Goose is pretty fun. You are essentially building a Rube Goldberg machine to combine babies, and you have to work around the constraints of the level and the 'blossom' RNG. The blossoms are charmingly batshit and I've enjoyed the wrinkles each new stage adds to the basic mechanics: stuff like ladders you can use or gusts of winds that you must account for.

My nitpicks:
-For this sort of game play, I wish the physics were slightly more deterministic. I'll have a good engine chugging along but oops, something bounced the wrong way and now everything is hosed until :airquote: the line gets flushed out. looking at you, hive drones :argh:

-The in-game help is terrible. It's cool that they're trying to avoid :words: but the blossom info is often completely useless. And while slowly doling out manual pages is a good way to introduce new mechanics, it's dumb to unlock a manual page only to get information I would have to figured out on my first ascension.

-Poop. The bonuses are cool but gently caress having a button you have to hit every 10 seconds for optimal play in an 'idle' game

Rating: Weird Baby Hydra-Bird out of Five.
The basic game play is great but the mechanics could use some tuning; I hope it gets a balance patch.

Random exploit I found: The chamber of immortality fires off a baby when the animation completes no matter what, so if you put it next to your hive you can get a blue baby AND feed the level 5 to the hive

Xand_Man fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Aug 1, 2023

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Anyone got a Stone story RPG referal code?

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
Did Tingus Goose get an update or something? My save for reset sometime in the past hour.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

Can this only be played on an Andriod device or something? Hoping to play but merely have iPhone / mac laptop.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Hmm my goose is still going strong, no resets.

It's on apple too!

https://apps.apple.com/lk/app/tingus-goose/id6444581718

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Tingus Goose owns.

Does anybody know if the price in the flower shop ever goes down? THe golden shop that opens up on every level that shows random blossoms you can buy? THey start out crazy cheap but each time you buy it gets more expensive and it doesn't seem to reset even when I super ascended.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

“Expected October 13th”

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Crell posted:

Got you. Not much change on ironwood yet, dev is making slow but steady progress on new features. Next release will be some sort of pet system. Still no guild storage which kind of sucks. Guild is mostly full, I think only one inactive person on 24/25 members.

Requested in as Cazaam I don't know what I'm doing at all just started.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I hear this is where the hot Tingus Goose strats are?

At first glance I thought this game was going to suck because they were leaning so hard into the gross imagery. Beyond the insane look (but kinda cute the Tinguses and the little jumping guys are adorable) I actually really enjoy the gameplay. Something about setting up a mousetrap-like contraption to fling these little bastards around and merge them is extremely satisfying. It's really unique and I've found it to be a perfect idler to check on throughout the day as long as nobody is looking over my shoulder.