Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

The Philadelphia Phillies are dogshit garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Exodor posted:

The Twins will almost certainly win today against Jordan “automatic loss” Lyles

Who are you to doubt El Dandy the Chad Innings Eater?

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Wayne Knight posted:

The Seattle Mariners are going to sweep the Arizona Diamondbacks.

Unfortunately, I was wrong.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Wayne Knight posted:

Unfortunately, I was wrong.

why did you do this to us? :(

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

The Rangers have nowhere to play Acuna and they get a mid rotation starter for next to nothing for 1.5 years. It's a decent trade for them unless Scherzer completely falls apart.

They need a starter with Eovaldi possibly dead now and well uhh Gray and Heaney???

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
N:Cubs

V:BACK

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
The Cubs needed to win at least eight in a row to be able to justify themselves as buyers instead of sellers, so they... won eight in a row. Okay then!

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

The Cubs have 10 games in a row against the Cardinals and White Sox. How well they do in those games is probably going to determine how the FO acts at the deadline. Honestly, the Cubs probably need to win 8 of them to have a shot at the division.

Posted this on July 20th. They've won 8 of 9 and have one left to play. :toot:

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

How does Texas look in regards to the tax with Scherzers full contract next season?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
https://twitter.com/jonmorosi/status/1685491170137313280

Hell yeah I'm here for the Orioles buying.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Tyler Wells has passed his innings from last year and looked gassed as gently caress his last couple starts, so our alternatives are Swirlin' Cole Irvin and just-coming-back-from-tommy-john John Means in September so I sure loving hope the O's are getting a starter.

E: If you asked me a week ago the thing I actually want to see is Cease as a long-term buy or Giolito as a rental, but given what's out there now, I'd infinitely rather have Montgomery than Lorenzen or someone like Lynn. Thanks for taking that particular bullet, Dodgers.

Artix fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jul 30, 2023

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003
Struggling to keep his sanity.

Wezlar posted:

How does Texas look in regards to the tax with Scherzers full contract next season?

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1685458740223365120?s=20

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Acuna looks legit as gently caress to me, stats back it up, excelling at 21 in AA usually bodes very well.

Doesn't have to be his brother to have a great career, I'd be thrilled as a Mets fan.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

cubspost

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
For what it's worth, regardless of how the Rangers do I hope Acuna does well. Gotta suck when you got the goods and there's a logjam in front of ya.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

man, a rotation topped with degrom and scherzer is sure to go deep in the playoffs

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Artix posted:

Tyler Wells has passed his innings from last year and looked gassed as gently caress his last couple starts, so our alternatives are Swirlin' Cole Irvin and just-coming-back-from-tommy-john John Means in September so I sure loving hope the O's are getting a starter.

E: If you asked me a week ago the thing I actually want to see is Cease as a long-term buy or Giolito as a rental, but given what's out there now, I'd infinitely rather have Montgomery than Lorenzen or someone like Lynn. Thanks for taking that particular bullet, Dodgers.

What the gently caress is up with Wells? His command is totally gone. It’s not even August, I can’t believe it’s just fatigue. He looks hurt honestly.

I would give a lot for Cease.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Oh yeah I would happily trade like half our AAA team for Cease if that's what the White Sox want, pretty much the only folks off the table would be Cowser (out of necessity, we need a CF while Mullins and Hicks are both hurt), Holliday, and *maybe* Kjerstad. In the meantime I think the play is we IL Wells for a week or two to let him rest (and heal up if he is hurt) and hopefully trade for someone to take his spot, but if not pivot to a combo of Irvin/Voth until Means gets back. But if we're doing the latter that means someone in the front office has hosed up immensely or we better have gotten like four new relievers.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

After seeing the Scherzer trade, I think if the O’s are willing to trade Westburg or Ortiz or Mayo they can have whatever SP on the market they want

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Ortiz seems most likely to be on the move, imo. Even when he got called up earlier in the year he barely got any playing time and was sent back down pretty much as soon as the series was over, and he's only been back up as an injury replacement. Westburg got a "real" jersey number if that means anything to you, and he's been up for 2-3 weeks now with no sign of going back down so I wouldn't be surprised if one of Mateo/Urias/Frazier is also not long for the roster. Would happily trade something like Ortiz/Norby/Rom+ for a pitcher with some years of control.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

To me Holliday is the only true untouchable prospect in the org, I’m willing to move anyone else.

Ortiz is MASHING in AAA right now

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i looked at the score last night and thought oh looks like taillon had another good outing then watched the highlights and every inning the bases are loaded with no outs and the cardinals just go into full Cubs Mode like 4 times.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

In the event he turns out good, I wonder if, knowing what everyone thinks of Ronald's contract and presumably being under less immediate financial pressure, Luisangel holds out for the absolute top of his market when the time comes.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

R.D. Mangles posted:

i looked at the score last night and thought oh looks like taillon had another good outing then watched the highlights and every inning the bases are loaded with no outs and the cardinals just go into full Cubs Mode like 4 times.

Both teams combined to go 0-11 with RISP

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

nj.com posted:

The Marlins were fixated on Gleyber Torres this time a year ago. They’re still trying to deal for the second baseman, NJ Advance Media learned from a source who is close to Marlins management.

According to the source, the Marlins have been pushing hard for Torres, but the Yankees’ asking price has been too steep for their liking — two 25-year-old starting pitchers, right-hander Edward Cabrera and lefty Braxton Garrett, plus two prospects.

Both Marlins arms whom the Yankees covet currently hold big-league rotation spots after being top 10 organization prospects two years ago. Cabrera is 5-6 with a 4.74 ERA in 16 starts and regarded as a future star by the Marlins. The seventh-overall pick of the 2016 draft, Garrett is 5-3 with a 4.08 ERA in 20 games, 19 as a starter.

It’s believed the Marlins are willing to part with some of their biggest organizational strengths for Torres, minor-league pitching prospects (but not Eury Perez, a 6-foot-8, 20-year-old phenom who pitched to a 2.36 ERA in 11 big-league starts this season before being farmed out because he’s on an innings limit).

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
As much as I like Gleyber if they get legit young pitching for him, I wish him the best in the land of DeSantis

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Hell no I don't want that

That's way too much for Torres at this point

I would much rather trade for Jeimer Candelario who shouldn't cost that much since he would be a rental

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

FlamingLiberal posted:

Hell no I don't want that

That's way too much for Torres at this point

I would much rather trade for Jeimer Candelario who shouldn't cost that much since he would be a rental

I doubt they will actually trade him even though they should

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Twins bloggers have latched on to the Fangraph's theorized Hader trade, sending the Padres Marco Raya (a 6'0", 165 lbs SP prospect shelled in his first few AA starts who has never sniffed 70 IP since being drafted in 2020) and Brent Headrick, a 25yo swingman SP with mediocre AAA numbers.

So I guess it's time for the annual reminder that if you think a trade is a nobrainer for your team and it's for one of the best players available at any position and it doesn't fit some unique need of the trading partner, your idea is probably dumb as poo poo.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

I went to the Cubs/Cards game last night. Busch is probably the worst designed modern ballpark I've been too. There's like zero visibility from the concourses onto the field, and the section numbering is confusing (the suites in the loge level are numbered on a different scheme than the loge level sections, so like 237 is right next to 309 for some reason). Also it is forever annoying to me that they report a sellout when at least 30% of the seats are empty.

The Ca dinal are a poverty franchise

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

That all sounds very dumb and on brand

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
were the four bearded white men in bulletproof vests with rifles guarding the stadium from trans CRT groomers and the other kind of wrong people there this time? they really made me hate the experience of a Cardinals home game even more

Bregor
May 31, 2013

more falafel please posted:

I went to the Cubs/Cards game last night. Busch is probably the worst designed modern ballpark I've been too. There's like zero visibility from the concourses onto the field, and the section numbering is confusing (the suites in the loge level are numbered on a different scheme than the loge level sections, so like 237 is right next to 309 for some reason). Also it is forever annoying to me that they report a sellout when at least 30% of the seats are empty.

The Ca dinal are a poverty franchise

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Lol

https://twitter.com/justbb_media/status/1685688453701234688?s=46&t=BHs6Pl38GJXGN2Y4xeriNA

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I can’t see the Yankees selling their most productive hitter the last couple of months right when Judge and Nestor return and they’re just a few games out of the playoffs. I mean if Miami wants him bad enough to give a lot I guess you consider it but if that were the case I imagine the deal would have been done before this.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
A real fan doesn't dick around in the concourse hoping to occasionally catch some game action. Busch III is gorgeous and the view of the Arch is sick.

Can't speak to the suites issue since I can't afford to sit in em

Mike_V fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jul 30, 2023

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

more falafel please posted:

Camden Yards concourses are inside too, maybe it keeps them less crowded since you can’t stand around out there and watch the game? I dunno I’d rather they be open

Bregor
May 31, 2013

:doit: :doit: :doit:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Cool now extend him. Yeah I know he's a Boras client blah blah blah hand the guy a blank check if that's what it takes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Hell yeah! I didn't think there was a chance Cody would still be on the team after the trade dealine, this owns and I hope they extend or resign him.