Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Cromwell was a galactic rear end in a top hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://www.barrons.com/news/zelensky-says-war-coming-to-russia-after-moscow-drone-attack-2895a4ea

:byetankie:

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

All the proof I need to confirm my biases all along that Zelensky is a ukrop nazi who led his people to war by sweet, innocent, beautiful Russia.

Maybe Ukraine attacked first, really? By throwing out pro-russian politicians.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Nelson Mandingo posted:

All the proof I need to confirm my biases all along that Zelensky is a ukrop nazi who led his people to war by sweet, innocent, beautiful Russia.

Maybe Ukraine attacked first, really? By throwing out pro-russian politicians.

Seems pretty russophobic, doesn't it?!

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
Russian treatise on Why Ukraine Should Have Caught All Those Missiles And Bombs to Avert War by A. Real Pieceovshitz

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
I'm fairly certain America would nuke London if that ever came to pass.

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

Kith posted:

never before have i caused such chaos with a mere $30. very fulfilling

sad i didn't get a hillary av though. apparently i'm not cool enough as a lurker

fitting, as Russia also struggles with proper target identification.

thank you for byetankie :)

Drone_Fragger posted:

Isnt't a jammer relying on interference production going to be very easy to find?

Sorta. If done omnidirectionally and continuously, yes, but Starlink terminals do have a negotiation process to be on the network, so if you just gently caress that up frequently enough and are otherwise silent you're less trivial to spot and you're still effectively suppressing the other guy.
How much less trivial, uh, talk to an EW person, and it depends how fast that negotiation goes and can be attempted.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
I would like to offer my balls as a nuclear deterrent since willos are off-limits

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
putin is a real piece of poo poo

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/comments/15dn2wx/ukraine_nowadays_moms_asking_her_son_%D0%B4%D0%B5_%D1%82%D0%B0%D1%82%D0%BE/

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

I would like to offer my balls as a nuclear deterrent since willos are off-limits

Sorry but you'll need to convince the chuds on why the US should approve the balls budget for ukraine.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Ukraine declared war on moscovan rus back in 1452 and no treat was signed to stop that war so yeah any Russian aggression is defensive in nature

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Medvedev is threatening nooks again if Ukraines counteroffensive is successful lol

Someone make a Dmitry monke

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Oof... gently caress Putin.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
https://twitter.com/Maks_NAFO_FELLA/status/1685630668867313664?t=uWkI3Z1DqUpj97TeNF_6cQ&s=19

What air defense doin

https://twitter.com/Maks_NAFO_FELLA/status/1685718301333221376?t=cB4PyX26-hm0fgBWgNYD_A&s=19

Lol get hosed Russia, western support is not ending

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

bahaha alright well that is precisely the range it needs to get to moscow from kiev so that defeats that concern i had

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023
It really rules if they can actually lob a slow rear end moped drone all the way to Moscow proper lmao

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

I'm honestly surprised they seem to have landing gear. I expected a spring catapult launcher, it's not like they're coming back.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

tiaz posted:

I'm honestly surprised they seem to have landing gear. I expected a spring catapult launcher, it's not like they're coming back.

They’re teabags

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I wonder if they can be detached remotely after takeoff and re-used for the next drone, or if they just dangle there the whole way or something lol

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
are we still talking about balls

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism
Merited and proportionate.

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

Would thursday work for you? Or until Medvedev threatens to use nukes again? So, *checks notes*, today?

https://kyivindependent.com/medvedev-threatens-nuclear-retaliation-should-ukraine-win-war/

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Hey if we don't win (which we are so don't speculate) we will nuke the world.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I think we have to realize that Ukraine is showing a lot of restraint by not dropping bombs on Russian rail transport hubs. Because that would literally deadlock the country overnight.

But we will see.

And yes I do am talking about goods transports and not people transports.

Like I think it's been severely underestimated how much Russia depends on having a working rail system. Especially now with goods becoming more and more scarce and more being directed to the front.

Regional commanders in Russia / city leaders etc have been slowly stockpiling goods that they expect they may not be able to get from moscow's rail system. Combine this with the whole purchasing of anti-aircraft batteries for regions as well as hiring pmcs to protect their infrastructure we are seeing the formulation of a very very federalized Russia where everything is bought FOR the region.

This COULD turn into a regional struggle for who gets the goods fastest. It would feel like the far East and past the Urals would suffer the hardest in the event of rail uncertainty. Which lands perfectly into chinas aspirations for swinging their sphere into the Russian regions. Due to the fact that one day goods from Beijing may be able to make it to the far East and goods from Moscow May not.

I could go deeper into this and talk about how regions may make side deals with China to keep the goods flowing and become part of their sphere even though they are still part of the Russian federation as it stands. But let's not go that far until we actually see what happens now that Ukraine is openly discussing bombing Russia and openly doing so.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jul 30, 2023

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Grape posted:

are we still talking about balls

Always

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
Countdown until finished development of a long-range drone whose cargo is dozens or hundreds of instantly deployable grenade-loaded short-range autonomous quad-copter drones? Something capable of slinging/jettisoning a dozen or more single-use GPS-preloaded target quadcopters from the entire payload-serviceable length of a traditional rocket-style or fuselage-style aircraft/drone body. One drone can target one office, yes, but one drone carrying fifty smaller drones can target fifty offices. This is the kind of poo poo that the US DoD should already have developed and fielded, if not for the fact that it costs a fraction of a percentage of what their actual budget is, so they definitely overlooked it.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
If Ukraine is getting long range drones then they should be used on military poo poo and not office/appt blocks. And no, Russia doing it doesn't mean Ukraine gets a carte blanche to do it also.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
The tldr for Gigolo's post about rails is that if Russia lost a few rail transport hubs everything east of the urals descends into ungovernable anarchy as they are dependent on the developed western part of the country to supply the empty east with basic goods and there are a small amount of hubs and transfer stations east of Moscow that allow for this to happen

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
so they shouldn't have jammed them and let them hit the designated targets instead. great, we finally agree on something

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Tai posted:

If Ukraine is getting long range drones then they should be used on military poo poo and not office/appt blocks. And no, Russia doing it doesn't mean Ukraine gets a carte blanche to do it also.

Thanks for the tip

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

XYZAB posted:

Countdown until finished development of a long-range drone whose cargo is dozens or hundreds of instantly deployable grenade-loaded short-range autonomous quad-copter drones? Something capable of slinging/jettisoning a dozen or more single-use GPS-preloaded target quadcopters from the entire payload-serviceable length of a traditional rocket-style or fuselage-style aircraft/drone body. One drone can target one office, yes, but one drone carrying fifty smaller drones can target fifty offices. This is the kind of poo poo that the US DoD should already have developed and fielded, if not for the fact that it costs a fraction of a percentage of what their actual budget is, so they definitely overlooked it.

From leaked FSB documents:

https://i.imgur.com/UN0kzQZ.mp4

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Tai posted:

Yep this is correct

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
if you guys read the news you'd be aware that russia is claiming they crashed where they did because russia electonically jammed them

so please take your tut-tutting somewhere where it's at least marginally relevant

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Osinttechnical/status/1685743243873443841
Another sort of new suicide drone recently entered Ukrainian service.

SlurredSpeech609
Oct 29, 2012

XYZAB posted:

This is the kind of poo poo that the US DoD should already have developed and fielded, if not for the fact that it costs a fraction of a percentage of what their actual budget is, so they definitely overlooked it.

https://youtu.be/ndFKUKHfuM0

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

XYZAB posted:

I think The West's current answer to this is the Small Diameter Bomb. A B-2 can carry 192.
not that I'm against the unmanned carrier/cruise missile you propose, though I will note that quads in general are pretty inefficient so if you want 10+ kilos of explosive you're gonna have a better time with fixed wing.

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat
I need a TikTok ad of someone bending and beating that drone against the floor, and then having it take off from water, with like AMAZING PRODUCT written across the video

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

XYZAB posted:

that's just a guided cluster bomb

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

https://www.darpa.mil/program/gremlins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Mozi posted:

if you guys read the news you'd be aware that russia is claiming they crashed where they did because russia electonically jammed them

so please take your tut-tutting somewhere where it's at least marginally relevant

Not even Russia is accusing Ukraine of aiming at that spot intentionally, and admitting it was Russia's own fault.