Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

STAC Goat posted:

It goes back to what I said when people criticized the Rangers going for Scherzer. You improve yourself how you can with what’s available and who is willing to deal. It’s not a video game where you can just target who you want and throw stuff at it. It’s not a bunch of fans just deciding “trade him for Juan Soto!” It’s reality.

Gleyber for prospects is a rebuilding trade and I'm fine with it even if it's pitchers who they can hopefully turn into position players at some point. A Soto deal would be for prospects since the Pods would be dumping salary at this point and I'm also fine with that because it will help in 2024 too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Gobias Ind. posted:

Robberse is the Jays 7th best prospect per MLB pipeline

Ya him and Kloffenstein are both too 10ish guys in the Jays system.

Both needed to be added to the 40 man after this season and I'm not sure either are worth a slot.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I went to Camden for the first time yesterday and it's really nice, definitely taken me too long to go down there.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jul 31, 2023

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
the Braves made their big move, swapping recently acquired lovely reliever Taylor Hearn to the Royals for designated defensive replacement Nicky Lopez

it would be nice to add a starter obviously but the Braves have basically no one to trade

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Inspector_666 posted:

I went to Camden for the first time yesterday and it's really nice, just wish there was stuff around it.

Did you get pit beef?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Inspector_666 posted:

I went to Camden for the first time yesterday and it's really nice, definitely taken me too long to go down there.

My only issue with Camden is all the amenities are so removed from the field. Eutaw Street is great but the game is happening somewhere else.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I got like 6 different concessions with crab in them at Camden. Would recommend.

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

as long as Camden still has Boog Powell's BBQ

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

N:

https://twitter.com/juanctoribio/status/1685771343114235904

V: Thank god they got Lance Lynn to patch things up, that should do it!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Nodoze posted:

He has had a couple really ugly starts

Story checks out

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

https://twitter.com/Feinsand/status/1685817063871299584?s=20

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
It'd be messed up if Ohtani didn't re-sign at this point.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
you mean really funny

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Instead of trading Ohtani for the future of their organization, they are going to trade all their good prospects for mediocre players to rent and then lose Ohtani anyway.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Looool the twins suck poo poo

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Finally the Angels back to back 2009 first round picks are reunited.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

It would be cool if other teams besides the Angels and Rangers keep getting better.

waffy
Oct 31, 2010
Congrats to Rizzo for joining the platinum sombrero club.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

https://twitter.com/garyhphillips/status/1685847719103868928?s=46&t=EhzTvpa5Lh8bIAryRijIPQ

He’s really trying to get fired lol

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kremer was just making it much harder than it needed to be

glad the O's finally got some loving hits, they bats have been real bad lately

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

mcmagic posted:

Instead of trading Ohtani for the future of their organization, they are going to trade all their good prospects for mediocre players to rent and then lose Ohtani anyway.

Good prospects? That's very generous of you.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I hate when coaches in any sport gaslight their fans.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

mcmagic posted:

What about the Angels organization makes you think they're going to do anything with those prospects anyway

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Considering the Angels are riddled with injuries to the point of being close to starting their stadium's janitors, I'm here for getting Cron and Grichuk.

Ward has God drat face fractures that are going to need surgery after Manoah accidentally tried to kill him, for gently caress's sake.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

"We struck out a lot, but it took us a really long time to do it" is some spin. I don't pay attention to the Yankees really, is Boone always trying to put a positive spin on things? Does he ever say they sucked?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Boone pretty much never takes a public poo poo on his players and seems plenty willing to sound like a bit of an idiot to take the heat off them.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
I've always felt like he gives interviews like a bank teller with a gun pointed at them. There is no way this is what he actually thinks, but Big Yankee will not allow anything else to be said.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I like to call judge Big Yankee

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Boone is a players manager. It’s what he was hired for because Girardi had a lot of friction with the young players on the team. So like he’s never gonna come out and go “everyone sucks” like some fans want him to. He acknowledges the reality of the failure but always tries to put a spin on it. And honestly I don’t even know why anyone would expect him to do anything other than what he does. Post game interviews just exist to give people something to yell about until the next game. Whether deliberately or not Boone rather they be on him than talking about how he called out players. And seriously no manager is like having his millionaires run laps for striking out a bunch. It’s just the usual fans looking for blood to make themselves feel better.

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:

GoutPatrol posted:

I like to call judge Big Yankee

that's what the supervisor is called on the stud farm

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Boone is just a really bad manager. The fact that he says dumb poo poo that is just completely the opposite of what everyone watching the games sees is just the salt in the wound of how much it sucks watching this team night in and night out.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
actually watching the yankees suck and boone make those statements is good and cool and the only bad thing is they aren't playing significantly worse

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

maffew buildings posted:

actually watching the yankees suck and boone make those statements is good and cool and the only bad thing is they aren't playing significantly worse

you make this post like 4 times we a week lol. you make this post more than i make complaining posts about gleyber torres.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Occasionally I check the standings to see how bad the Yankees are doing and yet they're still 5 games over .500 I can't imagine what a truly bad Yankee team would look like.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Popete posted:

Occasionally I check the standings to see how bad the Yankees are doing and yet they're still 5 games over .500 I can't imagine what a truly bad Yankee team would look like.

They are 8-1 vs KC and Oakland, and 2 games under against everyone else.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Popete posted:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/NYY/1990.shtml

Like this

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Yankees offensive leader Jesse Barfield

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

Artix posted:

Goddammit Elias do something :negative:

:yeah:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

zoux posted:

They are 8-1 vs KC and Oakland, and 2 games under against everyone else.

We shouldn't be throwing stones from the dominant record against the A's house

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Intruder posted:

We shouldn't be throwing stones from the dominant record against the A's house

Take those six wins away and we're still six games over .500.