Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

CommissarMega posted:

Is there a My Adventures with Superman thread? I've just binged the first 4 episodes (I'm counting the opening 2-parter as two episodes), and I can't loving wait for the fifth :allears: I have to admit, the animesque touches kinda put me off a little, but I've gotten over myself and am thoroughly enjoying it!

No thread, but lots of chat in the General Kids thread, and a bit of chat here too (because it airs on [Adult Swim], not because it isn't a kid's show).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
IIRC it was placed on Adult Swim later, originally being intended to be something for pre/teens.

KingKalamari
Aug 24, 2007

Fuzzy dice, bongos in the back
My ship of love is ready to attack

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

:eng99:

It really is that forgettable, huh

Listen, guys, I've gotta go to the doctor and get my brain replaced, this one isn't working anymore.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

disillusioned is okay. It's fine.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Neeksy posted:

IIRC it was placed on Adult Swim later, originally being intended to be something for pre/teens.

Apparently getting on AS was the only way for it to be shown because Zaslav has a vague idea Adult Swim is important.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

The_Doctor posted:

Look if you want someone taking the piss out of fantasy tropes really well, Terry Pratchett is right there. Was right there. :smith:

Is right there. I mean, I hope he’s not moving around at this point.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Nikumatic posted:

Is right there. I mean, I hope he’s not moving around at this point.

Has anyone checked recently?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Rondo of Blood

Carmilla is the big bad

Shaft is a lady

Maybe less swearing and edgelordism with Warren Ellis gone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYvJZ3Itw8A

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Only thing to say is don't gently caress up the Grand Cross.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Escobarbarian posted:

Harley Quinn is back and still good
Yeah I was looking for its thread and couldn't find it... it did have one, didn't it?

Edit: Answering my own question
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3871617&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=128

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Mulva posted:

Only thing to say is don't gently caress up the Grand Cross.
Gonna wager that the special move that summons a life size crucifix with Jesus included is not gonna make it into this Rondo adaptation

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
I mean it kiiiiinda looked like that was the tease in the last shot of the trailer, just minus the reveal of what item crash it was.

And it would get them extra edgelord points if they use it in full. Which this team might count as a plus.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

That show had better full to the brim with JoJo references.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It's a forums tradition for one person to get a name wrong on a page and everyone else on the page gets it wrong the same way because they're copying that post (either subconsciously or not) rather than looking it up.

I swear I've never once seen Dan Aykroyd's name spelled right, or Armin Shimerman

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Data Graham posted:

Armin Shimerman

Look none of us want to suffer under penalty of torture okay?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Data Graham posted:

It's a forums tradition for one person to get a name wrong on a page and everyone else on the page gets it wrong the same way because they're copying that post (either subconsciously or not) rather than looking it up.

I swear I've never once seen Dan Aykroyd's name spelled right, or Armin Shimerman

My bad, folks. That’s what you get for phone posting.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

claw game handjob posted:

I mean it kiiiiinda looked like that was the tease in the last shot of the trailer, just minus the reveal of what item crash it was.

And it would get them extra edgelord points if they use it in full. Which this team might count as a plus.
I'll be happy if we get a Dracula 2000 style flying attack bible

Also something like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdOIKxhm5mU

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Jul 29, 2023

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Assepoester posted:

Gonna wager that the special move that summons a life size crucifix with Jesus included is not gonna make it into this Rondo adaptation

If they don't have him Item Crash so hard every single sentient being in a 300 mile radius regrets all their life decisions what are they even doing?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
My adventures with superman is advancing at a good pace.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009

Mulva posted:

If they don't have him Item Crash so hard every single sentient being in a 300 mile radius regrets all their life decisions what are they even doing?

I'm ready for him to hydro storm and end up having the next few scenes with the gang having to survive the flash flood he brings in.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

The new Harley Quinn has been good so far. Bane coming into a room and screaming "'splosives! I need 'splosives!!" loving killed me.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I wish we had a Beavis and Butthead thread :(

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

it's a hard show to talk about episode to episode since it's intentionally minimalistic.

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.

Assepoester posted:

Rondo of Blood

Carmilla is the big bad

Shaft is a lady

Maybe less swearing and edgelordism with Warren Ellis gone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYvJZ3Itw8A

Whelp her is hoping this does well enough that we get a Symphony of the Night adaptation after this.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

White Light posted:

I wish we had a Beavis and Butthead thread :(

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4006411

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
Amanda loving Waller I hate her so muuuuuuch

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
I enjoy that it seems like there may be a 1% chance a core plot thread to Superman and The General winds up being about the same as the Alf movie given the goings on in the latest ep.

Such a good choice to get Waller in on this series.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
But it's Debra Wilson so Waller will be cool.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
It's weird to see Korean General Lane. It tracks with everythign else, but I guess I'm just so used to him being a white guy.

Megera
Sep 9, 2008
I worked on a show called Captain Fall a couple years ago and it just came out on Netflix yesterday, which I don't have anymore. I never watched the animatics the whole way through but I thought some of the jokes were pretty good if anyone's interested in watching a really dark comedy.

Also does Netflix still refuse to show anything new on the front page?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Mantis42 posted:

it's a hard show to talk about episode to episode since it's intentionally minimalistic.

Maybe not "minimalistic" so much as that the whole experience of watching it is a prolonged vibe. Some plot points are worth discussing but mostly it's about how well the riffing and one-liner deliveries are hitting.

Fortunately the answer is usually "really well", hence the linked thread

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Megera posted:

I worked on a show called Captain Fall a couple years ago and it just came out on Netflix yesterday, which I don't have anymore. I never watched the animatics the whole way through but I thought some of the jokes were pretty good if anyone's interested in watching a really dark comedy.

Also does Netflix still refuse to show anything new on the front page?

Went through that. I liked it quite well. The members of the Fall family suck. But I like how beyond cartoonists evil the other guys are.

What did you do? Animation, writing?

Megera
Sep 9, 2008
I got to do storyboards on a couple episodes. My proudest one is the helicopter fight sequence in the third ep and the weirdest one was the gorilla disassembly line (obviously no idea how much they changed since I rolled off over two years ago (and the crew is shocked the show actually saw the light of day after so long))

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Data Graham posted:

Maybe not "minimalistic" so much as that the whole experience of watching it is a prolonged vibe. Some plot points are worth discussing but mostly it's about how well the riffing and one-liner deliveries are hitting.

Fortunately the answer is usually "really well", hence the linked thread

I mean there isn't an ongoing plot or lore to speculate on. It's a great show

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Megera posted:

My proudest one is the helicopter fight sequence in the third ep and the weirdest one was the gorilla disassembly line

So were you involved with the bit about the two German henchmen convincing themselves that he is really good at standup and how the boss beat that guy up with the fist because they felt their earpieces were uncomfortable?
That might have been a highpoint of the show.

Megera
Sep 9, 2008
Yeah, it's a script-driven show so I didn't write any of the dialogue (and Liza using the fist was also written in the script), but I had fun playing up those two just finding childlike joy with each other while they casually do horrifying things. It was really fun for the board artists to be able to use more cinematic angles and not get told we don't have the budget for that.

I really am glad to hear someone enjoyed the show!

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

[British man chortling]

[chortling continues]

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Xelkelvos posted:

It's weird to see Korean General Lane. It tracks with everythign else, but I guess I'm just so used to him being a white guy.

Doesn't the USA have close military ties to South Korea? Depending on when MAWS takes place, it's not beyond the realm of possibility.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

There are plenty of Korean-Americans in the military.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride
Disenchantment will end after the next 10 episode block, dropping on Sept 1st.

I'm sad it didn't work out better; Eric Andre in a Simpsons/Futurama setting sounds like a lot more fun than it was.