Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Drakkel posted:

Also RE: Noam Dar, the only reason I know he's still employed is cause they keep putting him in the 2K games for some reason despite the fact the games are often missing most of NXT's champions and like, people that actually appear on TV sometimes.

Asset reuse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

stab posted:

I can defo say without a doubt the top indy guys in the US make more than entry level NXT

Oh yeah, I'd assume so. But Noam Dar wouldn't be a top indy guy. Let alone a top US guy. The British scene is not deep in 2023. Speaking out killed whatever was left after WWE UK

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Joey McChrist posted:

marina shafir

I’d point out that Marina Shafar is very very very much not Candice LeRae but then again I don’t think that matters to the “comes with a wife” dude.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Also Marina was there first so Roddy’s the baggage in AEW if we’re playing by those rules

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Gable about to make his match debut

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Digital Jedi posted:

Gable about to make his match debut

It ended in a double countout and the crowd hated him.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Sounds like it went great

https://twitter.com/vincentverhei/status/1685816179301154816?s=46&t=kDGZkcHGQGA7q87WGcQCGQ

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

quote:

The dueling chant was "let's go Corbin" "they both suck"

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Why were 2 main roster guys having a match against each other on NXT anyways

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Why were 2 main roster guys having a match against each other on NXT anyways

Gable got moved down to NXT because he kinda sucks.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Imagine the nxt crowd choosing Corbin over you lol

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Pylons posted:

Gable got moved down to NXT because he kinda sucks.

Wasn’t he undefeated on the RAW roster since 2021???

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I thought that was Veer

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Pylons posted:

It ended in a double countout and the crowd hated him.

Bad match. Steveson looked out of shape (not saying he is, but his body type looked bad) and the singlet didn't help. Made him look like a generic early 90s jobber. Don't think he should be trying german suplexes on the outside.

And yeah it ended with the crowed booing him and chanting bullshit. Great debut. Good job everyone, WWE!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

You're not Angle is a fantastic chant

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

1glitch0 posted:

Bad match. Steveson looked out of shape (not saying he is, but his body type looked bad) and the singlet didn't help. Made him look like a generic early 90s jobber. Don't think he should be trying german suplexes on the outside.

And yeah it ended with the crowed booing him and chanting bullshit. Great debut. Good job everyone, WWE!

sounds like he's a good heel, put him in a feud with cody

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Codependent Poster posted:

You're not Angle is a fantastic chant

They also chanted "Let's go Corbin" and "They both suck" as a dueling chant.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
lmao tiffany straton just won a submission match with the worst boston crab i've ever seen

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

The crab was loving awful.

Her moonsault is still good as heck though.

Why was that a submission match?

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

forkboy84 posted:

You say that, but he probably makes a relatively decent salary. OK, he has to live in Florida which is no Glasgow I'll grant you, but he'd never earn the money on the indies he's on now for working less than 50 dates over the last 4 years. I just hope he's got some healthy hobbies for all that free-time.

You know they still have him showing up to the PC every day destroying his knees doing dumbass workouts.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

corbin becoming the gatekeeper for the nxt talent is pretty amazing though lol

pretty much right where he should be

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

KungFu Grip posted:

lmao tiffany straton just won a submission match with the worst boston crab i've ever seen

She had it on FOREVER. And the longer she had it on the more she seemed to forget how to apply it. It was performance art.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Maybe they did it as secret rib on New Japan Young Lion system!

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Orange Carlisle posted:

corbin becoming the gatekeeper for the nxt talent is pretty amazing though lol

pretty much right where he should be

Unironically, sending guys you've burnt out on the main roster down to developmental to train the next generation is probably the best way to use them. And boy, if they haven't burnt through everything Corbin could do on the main roster.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Is the PC still a knee implosion factory? I keep hearing that it's gotten better under new management (i.e. not Hugh Morris), and the common refrain everywhere else on the internet is that AEW needs something like it to develop their younger talent because the indies aren't good enough.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

CombineThresher posted:

Is the PC still a knee implosion factory? I keep hearing that it's gotten better under new management (i.e. not Hugh Morris), and the common refrain everywhere else on the internet is that AEW needs something like it to develop their younger talent because the indies aren't good enough.

Those people are dumb as gently caress and you shouldn't listen to them.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Pylons posted:

Those people are dumb as gently caress and you shouldn't listen to them.

AEW totally doesn't need a variant on the PC, but I also haven't paid close attention to WWE/NXT stuff for a long time so I wasn't sure if their system had improved since the days of Bill DeMott making Festus stinkface people during training drills.

(edited for clarity)

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

CombineThresher posted:

Last I checked, there were like four women on injury leave from NXT because of knee injuries and torn ACLs.

Anyone yelling about how AEW needs a performance center is arguing in bad faith and can be safely ignored.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

1glitch0 posted:

When I read stuff about out of shape/body type, I kind of want to see screens of the match because I'm assuming from the comments that it's meant to imply that Stevenson looked fat or something. It bothers me a bit because wrestlers like Otis and Jonah don't have impressive builds but are still pretty athletic.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Vandar posted:

...who's Roddy's wife?

Joey McChrist posted:

marina shafir

So I know they're married, but... does Roddy actually know her?

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

TV Zombie posted:

When I read stuff about out of shape/body type, I kind of want to see screens of the match because I'm assuming from the comments that it's meant to imply that Stevenson looked fat or something. It bothers me a bit because wrestlers like Otis and Jonah don't have impressive builds but are still pretty athletic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK1_0E5ZLys

I wouldn't call him fat, but his generic singlet does emphasize his middle and back fat in a way that isn't super flattering. It's just not the best costume design. Seriously, see how much better he looks when they jump ahead to when he dropped the straps.

(But then, Corbin has a tank top in his entrance that makes him look both shiny and lumpy, so it's bad looks all around.)

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
A second shameful back has just hit the fed

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

KungFu Grip posted:

She was completely gassed or concussed. The whole last 5 minutes of that match were a mess. Tiffany got top rope suplexed right on her neck, then kinda tapped out to the Kimura but not quite which led to dueling crowd chants of "you tapped out" and "no she didn't". Then she put on the awful boston crab but like couldn't hold onto the legs and had to keep readjusting for what seemed like forever, then turned it into a single leg crab after like almost falling over.

That was a disaster of a match.

Fish Of Doom fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Jul 31, 2023

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

TV Zombie posted:

I think Otis and Jonah have impressive builds. Not a Randy Orton body but they look unique and cool. Steveson just looked like a guy. Maybe a guy who had played football in college or something, but just a guy.

But this:

Lurks With Wolves posted:

I wouldn't call him fat, but his generic singlet does emphasize his middle and back fat in a way that isn't super flattering. It's just not the best costume design. Seriously, see how much better he looks when they jump ahead to when he dropped the straps.

(But then, Corbin has a tank top in his entrance that makes him look both shiny and lumpy, so it's bad looks all around.)

I don't think many people look flattering in a generic singlet. Even Wardlow looks kinda dumpy and he has a fantastic body. And Steveson was nowhere near as defined as Wardlow. The whole presentation was bad.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Seams posted:

Imagine the nxt crowd choosing Corbin over you lol

What the hell is Corbin's gimmick now anyway? I just went looking for clips of this travesty and saw his entrance, some 'burn the ships' crap?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Liquid Communism posted:

What the hell is Corbin's gimmick now anyway?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Good lord I wish he wasn't such a loving mark for the Fed and would go over to Tony's ROH, or Japan, if AEW has room in a few months sure why not.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lmao they put the YOU'RE NOT ANGLE chants in the video

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1685816646609305601

When it comes to putting his hands on people, Gable Steveson just won't take no for an answer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Lurks With Wolves posted:

I like how literally a third of a video which is highlights is Corbin's entrance. Also, what the hell is that entrance gear?