Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

If only I could embed this in the background of the thread.

Shame that Buddy couldn’t see out the season, but I doubt he would’ve continued past this year. What a career though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Buddy doing baggies on the SCG

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

At the risk of outing myself as an out of touch old man.

Apart form the song, I have never heard a goal called a "screwie". Not by me, or my mates, or anyone I have ever talked football with.

I grew up in Frankston, and also went to a private school, (YAY for an interesting childhood), so I don't think it is a posh vs bogan thing.

So is it me who is wrong, or the song?

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
screwie has been a torp since forever?

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
I think it's a regional term like checkside/banana.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman

monolithburger posted:

I think it's a regional term like checkside/banana.

Yeah or main egg

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Principal Skinner: Oh, not in Utica, no; it's an Albany Albury expression

Testro
May 2, 2009
He's been a phenomenal talent.

Always worth a watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyPitCvjrZg

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Paracausal posted:

screwie has been a torp since forever?

UNCORKING THE GENIE

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
https://www.afl.com.au/news/992464/port-duo-in-concussion-protocols-afl-issues-please-explain-

Unbelievable. The doctor at Port Adelaide has come out now and said "upon reviewing the footage again, Aliir should have undergone concussion testing". Yeah, no poo poo mate? Whoops!

I know I'm a Crows supporter so I'm supposed to wish ill on Port, but genuinely, there needs to be some harsh penalties for this. Port have a history of doing this, too. The doctor obviously needs to be given the flick, but I doubt he just went rogue and neglected his duties on his own. There needs to be an investigation to determine who at Port Adelaide is instructing their doctors not to test.

Port have now "voluntarily" entered Aliir and Jones into the concussion protocol, "out of an abundance of caution." Good, but that shouldn't save them from serious consequences here.

Meanwhile Aliir, Jones, and anyone else playing for Port should stop and seriously think whether they want to put their faith in the club going forward.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

cmndstab posted:

https://www.afl.com.au/news/992464/port-duo-in-concussion-protocols-afl-issues-please-explain-

Unbelievable. The doctor at Port Adelaide has come out now and said "upon reviewing the footage again, Aliir should have undergone concussion testing". Yeah, no poo poo mate? Whoops!

I know I'm a Crows supporter so I'm supposed to wish ill on Port, but genuinely, there needs to be some harsh penalties for this. Port have a history of doing this, too. The doctor obviously needs to be given the flick, but I doubt he just went rogue and neglected his duties on his own. There needs to be an investigation to determine who at Port Adelaide is instructing their doctors not to test.

Port have now "voluntarily" entered Aliir and Jones into the concussion protocol, "out of an abundance of caution." Good, but that shouldn't save them from serious consequences here.

Meanwhile Aliir, Jones, and anyone else playing for Port should stop and seriously think whether they want to put their faith in the club going forward.

Port's doctor is also a co-founder and co-owner of Sportsmed, who have a lot of money behind them if anyone starts approaching the defamation line

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Buddy probably heard Ben Dixon's drivel about going to Gold Coast on First Crack and said "better nip this now because that's loving stupid"

I agree with the sentiment re Port and it's doc too - If I see someone in a fencing pose and collapse with no rigidity like that, they wouldn't be loving playing again that day. Especially given that concussion issues aren't immediate and can take time to manifest.

https://twitter.com/DavidZita1/status/1685900959099305984

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Aug 1, 2023

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Hurn has called time. Legend and fantastic defender and was a good captain for the side.

*tips hat*

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
The Port doctor and coaching staff are the only people who watched that collision and thought no need for a concussion test.

Aliir is incredibly lucky he landed sitting up because he looked unconscious in the air so could very easily have had a worse impact from hitting the ground defenceless.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
I dunno what actually happened between he and Touk Miller in the tackle Miller has been suspended for, but gently caress Dane Zorko regardless.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

monolithburger posted:

I dunno what actually happened between he and Touk Miller in the tackle Miller has been suspended for, but gently caress Dane Zorko regardless.

Miller went the full squirrel grip during a tackle and wouldn’t let go, I’m shocked he wasn’t suspended on Monday

But I can’t argue with the Zorko sentiment

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

God damnit, so close

Good improvements all around though from the Eagles, they played well across the defensive half of the ground. If they hadn't hosed up so much bumbling the ball they may have beaten the Bombers by 2-3 goals.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Yeah losing by a point is pretty good for the Eagles this year

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Essendon nearly did a funny

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Shame that Essendon pulled that out of their arse, because if they had lost and the pies are about to lose, it'd be a perfect saturday.

Anyway, Pies got found out last week and the Hawks want it more today, good stuff.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Collingwobbles?

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Good win for the Swans. Just 3 more like that and September here we come!!

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Collingwood play Geelong then Brisbane. It's completely feasible that Melbourne and Brisbane finish top 2.

Unlikely, but you would've thought it to be impossible only a couple of weeks ago.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Yeah but that's away Brisbane

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

monolithburger posted:

Yeah but that's away Brisbane

We end the season at the Gabba, I want nothing on the line for that match :smithicide:

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Really hoping we beat Freo and relegate North to the spoon - was thinking we had a chance against Essendon before the match and fucccck so close. They got really lucky out of the final 2 centre clearances too as Kelly almost broke through for another inside 50.

This season finish is going to be pretty wild by the looks of things, there's been so many upsets in recent weeks.

Saints will probably get bounced out of finals because, as I said 3 months ago, Ross' lovely system always gets found out.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Daicos out for six weeks. Bont and Petracca are a big chances to chase him down for the Brownlow.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Oof, Petty injuring his ankle is not good.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Conflicted - do I want Fremantle to play poorly to end the year to improve the Demons draft hand, or do I want them to play well enough to upset the Lions and Port at the end of the year?

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
loving hell St. Kilda, there's two halves in game!

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

snaeksikn posted:

Conflicted - do I want Fremantle to play poorly to end the year to improve the Demons draft hand, or do I want them to play well enough to upset the Lions and Port at the end of the year?

Not really a contest. Brisbane and Melbourne could well be 2nd/3rd and home team in that matchup is a 5+ goal swing

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

monolithburger posted:

loving hell St. Kilda, there's two halves in game!

Second half softer than baby poop. Real disappointing after that first half.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Da bloos!

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

snaeksikn posted:

We got the perfect result. Freo lost, but only barely, so we jumped the Lions in percentage.

Tbh it all doesn't matter if Petty and Fritsch are done for the year, we're hosed if that's the case.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Windmill Hut posted:

We got the perfect result. Freo lost, but only barely, so we jumped the Lions in percentage.

Tbh it all doesn't matter if Petty and Fritsch are done for the year, we're hosed if that's the case.

Petty confirmed out for the year, dang

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Shuey has called time too - unfortunate as he's still got plenty left in the tank but his hamstrings are swiss cheese. Has been one of my fav players at the club so I'm sad to see the old guard go.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Wow you don't say. It's almost as if all the noise comes from Melbourne and dipshits on Channel 9. The press in the West have been having a collective brainfart too.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Can't believe I'm saying this but I want the Magpies to win tonight because I really want the Bulldogs to knock Geelong out of the finals race by beating them in round 24.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Testekill posted:

Can't believe I'm saying this but I want the Magpies to win tonight because I really want the Bulldogs to knock Geelong out of the finals race by beating them in round 24.

:same:

i feel dirty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!
How bad is the umpiring though. Jeremy Cameron benefitting twice from terrible boundary umpires.
It hasn’t all been one way, Pies have got a few as well, but just so, so lovely all round