Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

hatty posted:

That’s something they’d put out three months before a successor releases like the 2DS XL and GB Micro

2DS XL was great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Read After Burning posted:

This boss was clearly trying to get kids hooked on slot machines, AKA gambling. :colbert:

It absolutely kicked my rear end as a kid!

The roulette system is fake, it just rolls the face it has when you land the bomb.

I liked the boss but I also abused rewind on it.

Also what's the command to save in-game? I was using save states but now the colors are glitching out after doing the third dungeon.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Pretty sure it's Start + Select.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
remember to practice safe dandori with those you love

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA

This was not safe Dandori

First ever post probes are fun

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I don't think there will be but I hope there is a new game+ mode. I'd love to go hog wild from the start with all the upgrades

Augus posted:

I want a hard mode dlc for Pikmin 4, the early game could use some spicing up for replays

Combine these two things and I'm sold

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The Switch 2 is obviously fake but the guy who had all the scoops for the Direct retweeted this so I now believe in Switch U.

https://twitter.com/VGC_News/status/1685999214604505088

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

No OLED is a fuckup.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It not having OLED is the most realistic leak yet

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
I say this every time but bring back streetpass you fuckers

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Whats usually the gap between partner kits and hitting the market? Is it in the year to two years range? I would have expected nintendo to spend another 4 years on the switch tbh.

Raylax
Jul 21, 2021

Tshshshshshshshsh
Hopefully it's backwards compatible, but if there's no oled I'll probably just keep playing Switch games on my oled switch anyway since I only bought it this year and it'd be nice to pretend it wasn't a poorly timed waste of money

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
No OLED? That's ok. I'll still play that garbage

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Dev kits are weird I don’t think it not having an OLED screen means that the final product won’t, but I think it’ll launch with LCD anyway. gotta get that double dip later

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

presuming it uses the same architecture i.e. is a Switch but better, how much more powerful could they really make it in the same size console?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Raylax
Jul 21, 2021

Tshshshshshshshsh

DLC Inc posted:

presuming it uses the same architecture i.e. is a Switch but better, how much more powerful could they really make it in the same size console?

Yeah I'm wondering about this too. My point of comparison is the Steam Deck, which can just about run games at PS4-ish spec but it's bulky and the price point was reportedly "painful" for Valve to get that low. Nintendo historically doesn't like selling consoles at loss as I'm assuming Valve is doing.

On the other hand, the deck is a full PC, and the chip in the Switch was already pretty mid-range when it launched 6 years ago (iirc they used a Tegra X1, when the Tegra X2 was already out?), so maybe they can just keep basically the same slim form factor, jam a higher tier nVidia chip in there for the same price as the X1 cost them in 2017, and have a notably more powerful console for about the same price.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
They probably have to pay extra to nvidia to make something custom which is probably why they might go back to LCD to keep costs down. Not looking good for Hall effect sticks if that’s the case

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Can’t wait to see what NVIDIA give them

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
For all we know they're still figuring out the OLED screen model and just getting a head start on developing in the meantime.

And Nintendo definitely isn't going to make the Switch successor any more powerful than they think it needs to be. They're not going to be able to realistically compete with Sony and Microsoft hardware, and it's not worth trying too hard to make it easy for third party devs who'll probably find ways to gently caress it up anyway.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
Honestly if it can run switch games, connects your digital library to it, possibly even cross handheld platforms (yeah right) and not have hardware/stick issues, it'll sell just as well if not better.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Make my cartridge wifi

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

"According to multiple people with knowledge of Nintendo’s next-gen console plans, the company is likely to release new hardware during the second half of 2024, to ensure that it has ample stock available on day one and to avoid the kind of shortages seen with PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S."

Considering they have absolutely never done this and they have no incentive to do this I don't believe it

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

jackhunter64 posted:

No OLED is a fuckup.

That's so they can sell the Switch 2 OLED Boogaloo two years after launch.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'll buy whatever slop they put in front of me because I'm a little pig boy.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
I will complain constantly online if the Switch 2 doesn't have OLED, & then buy it Day One & again when the OLED revision comes out 2 years later.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Mid-Life Crisis
Jun 13, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
Nintendo switch games are in the weird territory right now where the jarringly low fps is a main component of what holds back it’s latest series games. An upgraded console that is only hardware and doesn’t include a new gimmick is something they haven’t done since nes->snes and even that had new buttons. The timing is right.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
So much of the switch's value is in running really low system requirement stuff, it feels like more powerful switch (but not powerful enough to run current gen) would only serve a few releases a year. If I were nintendo I'd be dragging my feet really hard having a 125 million unit player base out there is such an advantage. Maybe there's specific stuff they want to do but cant on current switch.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Feels Villeneuve posted:

No OLED? That's ok. I'll still play that docked on my 77" oled

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Inzombiac posted:

I'll buy whatever slop they put in front of me because I'm a little pig boy.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

No Wave posted:

So much of the switch's value is in running really low system requirement stuff, it feels like more powerful switch (but not powerful enough to run current gen) would only serve a few releases a year. If I were nintendo I'd be dragging my feet really hard having a 125 million unit player base out there is such an advantage. Maybe there's specific stuff they want to do but cant on current switch.

There are a lot of indie games that chug on Switch, having a Switch 2 which could run stuff like that would be epic.

Punkreas
May 13, 2013

*chews on head*
Lipstick Apathy
Taking the gossip at face value, new kits and a release in a year suggests more than just a hardware upgrade but not a huge deviation in what's needed for developing games for it, either.

Might be a DS -> 3DS (vs a 3DS -> New 3DS) type of upgrade.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
How well do those middle console upgrades sell anyway? Did we get any specific numbers on the New 3DS or the PS4 Pro at anytime? Seems like everyone just lumps those all together in a 3DS or PS4 family or whatever

Raylax
Jul 21, 2021

Tshshshshshshshsh
Put a stereoscopic 3D screen on it you cowards

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Nintendo 4ds

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
Three screens that fold out in a trifold design.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/ReptileGames/status/1686065670990282752

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

hatty posted:

How well do those middle console upgrades sell anyway? Did we get any specific numbers on the New 3DS or the PS4 Pro at anytime? Seems like everyone just lumps those all together in a 3DS or PS4 family or whatever

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Nintendo_3DS
Apparently new 3ds sold around 15 million units out of the 75 million total.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Hell yeah I've been waiting for this!