Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Hijinks on the high Ye’s 😂

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Denis DyaX

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Come on @elonmuX you're next

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

yaccady yaX

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
https://twitter.com/VivekGRamaswamy/status/1685741769114222592

watching this guy pander to right wing freaks that will forever hate him is funny, but also the comments are just full of unmoderated white nationalist racism. is there a good alternative to twitter yet

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

mila kunis posted:

watching this guy pander to right wing freaks that will forever hate him is funny, but also the comments are just full of unmoderated white nationalist racism. is there a good alternative to twitter yet

not using twitter is the only good alternative.

Smug Mug
Jul 21, 2011

mrbotus posted:

okay the guys at the shop don't think i'm ready for welding yet. explain how he's loving up?

as a rough rule of thumb you want about 1 amp per .001” of base material thickness up to around 300 amps. that material looks to be 1/2 to 3/4” (just my eyeball guess) so he’s not putting enough heat into the root of the weld for good penetration. its just for a photo op so who cares, but that would be putting a “stringer bead” on top of the material without actually fusing the tube to the plate.

also those little harbor freight 120v units generally aren’t capable of the duty cycle or amperage that the job requires. we sometimes use those specifically to avoid burning through thin gauge sheet metal, never for heavy duty structural applications.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
Twitter is an anger amplifier. best used sparingly, if at all.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

mila kunis posted:

yes, you're posting in it right now

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Sorry I don't know what twitter is

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

no account;didn’t read

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the president of the united states to make another album

Dang, got me excited for some TPotUSA news I might have missed

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
not being able to read any actual Twitter comments is kinda pog

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

NoWake posted:

Dang, got me excited for some TPotUSA news I might have missed

Chris hasn't even put out a new Caspar Babypants album since 2021 :sigh:

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

Demon Of The Fall posted:

not being able to read any actual Twitter comments is kinda pog

yeah, deleted my account, and it's kind of nice. another reason to stop going there is that profiles sort posts by number of likes rather than by date without logging in.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

mila kunis posted:

It’s not surprising but the blue checks are nothing but white nationalists. It’s safe to assume if someone has a blue check they’re a raging racist or Nazi :laffo: good job X the everything app.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

mila kunis posted:

I don’t want to sit at this table with loud Nazis anymore. is there another table where the Nazis sit but aren’t as loud?

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Party Boat posted:

Chris hasn't even put out a new Caspar Babypants album since 2021 :sigh:

he put out so many bangers, let the man take a break

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

mila kunis posted:

is there a good alternative to twitter yet

yea it’s called “doing literally anything else with your time”

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
goons cannot stop loving scolding people about using a site that has some fun freaks to watch

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
X, formally known as Twitter is epic and everyone in this thread loves it.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Shipon posted:

goons cannot stop loving scolding people about using a site that has some fun freaks to watch

gaze at the freaks too long and you become the freaks

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

mila kunis posted:

watching this guy pander to right wing freaks that will forever hate him is funny,

really confused as to why all these american racists won't vote for me, a guy called vivek ramaswamy

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Augus posted:

gaze at the freaks too long and you become the freaks

*staring directly into funhouse mirror* "we're through the looking glass here, people!"

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Elman posted:

really confused as to why all these american racists won't vote for me, a guy called vivek ramaswamy

Look, he fought a revolution in behalf of our founders ideals. That has to count for something

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/esjesjesj/status/1685900576339451904?t=Bn5boWaUjOJy3tPdG-nNiw&s=19

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

that's so fetch

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Tweets are now called Blaze

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Feels Villeneuve posted:

X, formally known as Twitter is epic and everyone in this thread loves it.

Elon musk is made of win

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

The irony of Elon picking words usually associated with someone dying in a spectacular fashion or something exploding.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

“blaze your glory, m’lord”

(image stolen from civ 5 here)

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

mila kunis posted:

Depends on what you want out of your Twitter alternative.

If you just want the shitposts Bluesky is your best bet, if you want hobbies, art and scientific/techy stuff then go to a Mastodon instance. If you just want a good news aggregate I don't even know, I've looked around but haven't found anything.

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF
Finally deleted the app. The tipping point was seeing a picture of a woman who got beaten so badly that half her face was swollen by an account called "single woman posting their Ls". Reported it and nothing was done. Site is legitimately loving evil.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9EkbAbcdGU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Ashmole posted:

Finally deleted the app. The tipping point was seeing a picture of a woman who got beaten so badly that half her face was swollen by an account called "single woman posting their Ls". Reported it and nothing was done. Site is legitimately loving evil.

For me it was when reporting people using straight up slurs or racist imagery got below a coin flip's chance of there being any repercussions or not.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"Blaze" is already a term used by tumblr, blazing a post is the official name for paying money to promote your (or someone elses) post, so more people see it.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Glaze your Boer-y.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

evilmiera posted:

For me it was when reporting people using straight up slurs or racist imagery got below a coin flip's chance of there being any repercussions or not.

comedy is legal again

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

"blaze your glory" sounds like the chorus line of a jpop song

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Oh whoops I deleted the app