Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

swickles posted:

Officially a homeowner. :toot:

Friendship with forum leftists over. General Dog is best friend now.

Congrats!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Post camping trip recovery day off, finished off the last Henry Cavill Witcher, and yeah I’m probably just gonna leave it there and respectfully decline to participate in Liam Hemsworth Witcher.

Like, how do you choose to forget the Wild Hunt exists and just go with Nilfgaard instead, c’mon

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

swickles posted:

Congrats, now go start fixing some bullshit

I just finished whacking down the tall grass when a thunderstorm rolled in out of nowhere and dumped a bunch of rain. Wasn’t going to be standing around raking as lightning started hitting pretty close by.

https://i.imgur.com/0EmP2bv.jpg

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jul 31, 2023

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

swickles posted:

Congrats on your new horrifying obsession

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

a sexual elk posted:

Congrats, now go start fixing some bullshit

Rinse, repeat until you die

Congrats though! Despite all the talk it I like the sense of accomplishment when I complete some stuff.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Congrats swickles!

dirty shrimp money posted:

Rinse, repeat until you die

Congrats though! Despite all the talk it I like the sense of accomplishment when I complete some stuff.

Agreed! I plumbed in a new toilet including tying it in to my existing septic (which included a little pressure washing boring to get under a sidewalk), did all the proper venting, and ran a water line to it this weekend. I was like huh, pretty cool to do that entire process. Now my lake guests will have a sink and toilet in the little cabin I built.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/MattBinder/status/1686055096835096590?t=pPt9IX-WX6PcDjFUaVd_Dw&s=19

drat, rip Pee-Wee

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

what the hell

Nooooooo

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

T-Square posted:

Post camping trip recovery day off, finished off the last Henry Cavill Witcher, and yeah I’m probably just gonna leave it there and respectfully decline to participate in Liam Hemsworth Witcher.

Like, how do you choose to forget the Wild Hunt exists and just go with Nilfgaard instead, c’mon

it was weird how they showed the wild hunt in that one scene, and acted all concerned and scared about it, and then never referenced it again... I have the impression it's like, planned for next season?

for me the show is getting more and more difficult to watch because I can't keep track of all the different factions and characters. It's worse than game of thrones, I'm like, wait, who is... oh, that guy, but which faction was he for again? Uhhhh. Confused.

I also noticed that characters just sort of zoom from one distant location to another without that being shown, it makes it feel like every setting is just a five minute walk from the next. The timing of events in different places is hard to judge. In the last or second to last episode, Yennifer just zips off to Skellega for a second, has one scene with a guy, and then walks off to be back on the mainland like an hour later it seems like and I got whiplash.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Holy poo poo that sucks

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Pee-Wee's Big Adventure is a fantastic movie that was a staple of my time finding things that were acceptable to play at Hollywood Video. :rip: to a real one

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Pee-Wee’s Playhouse was must see Saturday morning tv for little Braksgirl. 😭

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

RIP Gerhardt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKQEG9IZpc8

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Pee-Wee's Big Adventure is a fantastic movie that was a staple of my time finding things that were acceptable to play at Hollywood Video. :rip: to a real one

One of my favorite movies of all time. It's one of my barometer movies that helps me determine if I have compatible taste in movies with somebody.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Blowjob Overtime posted:

So many great bits in that movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWOzrC-RkGk

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
poo poo man, I loved Pee Wee. RIP to a great one.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Loved Pee Wee. He’s the voice of the robot dj in Star Wars land and used to be the pilot on Star Tours.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

:rip: Flight of the Navigator

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

RIP to the Last Hapsburg

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BOHiZAaIdM&t=254s

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Not Pee-Wee, but God drat he was funny in Mystery Men:

https://youtu.be/m9rBv4Dn3Bk

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
Does anyone have any experience in solar power? I'm considering putting solar panels on my shed roof so I don't have to trench 200'.

I want to be able to run a few LED lights, yard tool battery chargers, and over the holidays some Christmas lights as well. Occasionally I'll need to run a small battery charger or compressor for the lawn tractor (maybe 10 minutes on the charger and 30 seconds on the compressor).

I'm looking at the ones that usually are sold for RVs but if anyone has experience with other brands I'm all ears ...

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Listening to The Dollop on Clarence Thomas’s confirmation hearings. [anger intensifies]

Can’t believe he was a judge for like a loving year before his confirmation lol

Also gently caress Joe Biden

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTQORXnwJd4

Also watching Jackass Forever at work right now and that is my barometer on people's tastes in movies.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Does anyone have any experience in solar power? I'm considering putting solar panels on my shed roof so I don't have to trench 200'.

I want to be able to run a few LED lights, yard tool battery chargers, and over the holidays some Christmas lights as well. Occasionally I'll need to run a small battery charger or compressor for the lawn tractor (maybe 10 minutes on the charger and 30 seconds on the compressor).

I'm looking at the ones that usually are sold for RVs but if anyone has experience with other brands I'm all ears ...
Are you also putting in battery capacity? Charging yard tool batteries during the day would be fine, but you'll need some battery capacity to run LED lights at night, and especially during Christmas time. My solar panels are on the roof of the house and are connected to the grid, but your setup sounds like it would not be connected.

And sadly, no, I don't know what kind of battery capacity would should look for. My car has 64 kWh, a Tesla Powerwall has 13kWh. I think a Powerwall would be way too much for just lights, maybe look for something in the 2 kWh range.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Welp, literally half the department I'm in and 70% of our budget just got cut.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Found out from Delta that there are absolutely 0 restrictions on flying with covid (wtf?????? I'm still glad I was good samaritan but goddamn) so I popped a ton of Tylenol and Benadryl, masked and gloved up, and flew home. I can finally rest.

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jul 31, 2023

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

CannonFodder posted:

Are you also putting in battery capacity? Charging yard tool batteries during the day would be fine, but you'll need some battery capacity to run LED lights at night, and especially during Christmas time. My solar panels are on the roof of the house and are connected to the grid, but your setup sounds like it would not be connected.

I am, sorry, didn't even think of including that. I was going to do something like 1 or 2 100Ah batteries hooked to a charger off the panels and tied into an inverter for everything else. And you're right that it'll be disconnected from the grid unless I absolutely need power, then I can run a long extension cord, but I'd like 95% of day or day stuff to not need that.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
My brother and his family are moving 1200 miles away and I'm not processing it well :(

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Not Pee-Wee! Noooo! Man that sucks so much. Guess I'm watching Pee-Wee's Big Adventure and possibly Mystery Men this week.

I got a bunch of quotes a couple years ago and never pulled the trigger. The payoff was like 18 years out, and at that point I'd practically have to replace them as soon as I finished making my money back. My house is poorly suited for solar though because my place is lower than my neighbor's and my roof doesn't have a ton of space. I'm not sure solar on a shed is going to be worth it. You're talking 1 or 2 panels, so the install cost is going to be relatively high. From what I gathered, you want to do this instead of connecting it to your house, so you currently have zero power available in the shed? Then it might be worth it, but you'll need to get batteries like CannonFodder said, otherwise it's going to be worthless half the time.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

a neat cape posted:

My brother and his family are moving 1200 miles away and I'm not processing it well :(

I'm so sorry, dude. That would absolutely destroy me, too. It's gonna be hard for sure, but it sounds like you're tight so you'll stay in contact. Just make the effort to reach out and he'll do the same.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

well pee wee’s death counts

Vertical Lime posted:

there will never be a good year

quote this when 2023 sucks

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Rectal Placenta posted:

Welp, literally half the department I'm in and 70% of our budget just got cut.

gently caress man, condolences . you said you just got acquired a few years ago right? Time to start looking I guess

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

I am, sorry, didn't even think of including that. I was going to do something like 1 or 2 100Ah batteries hooked to a charger off the panels and tied into an inverter for everything else. And you're right that it'll be disconnected from the grid unless I absolutely need power, then I can run a long extension cord, but I'd like 95% of day or day stuff to not need that.

TFF chat does have a wide range of experiences, but for detailed recommendations you'll probably want to ask the Home Zone in HCH. No there isn't a solar thread. There is a wiring thread, but most solar questions end up in the Home Zone.

You won't be mocked as long as you're not asking about solar because you think it'll be close to free to install and make you money selling back power to the grid.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

swickles posted:

i've been in this place for almost 10 years now i just got lucky. congrats! it sucks, all the problems are yours now.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Absolutely stunning Pee Wee Herman didn't die from autoerotic asphyxiation

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/MarketWatch/status/1686121616005021696?s=20

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

JPrime posted:

i've been in this place for almost 10 years now i just got lucky. congrats! it sucks, all the problems are yours now.

Today is my 17 year anniversary with my company. I'll be 37 next month :v:

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022
https://twitter.com/patriottakes/st...mber%3D2360pti1

Make this man President

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Dango Bango posted:

Today is my 17 year anniversary with my company. I'll be 37 next month :v:

holy poo poo that's amazing. i just hit 7 years at my current job which is a record for me.