Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

BOOTY-ADE posted:

She should serve him herself a plate with a note in Braille that just says "gently caress you, I'm out"

FTFY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

As someone with a very young child, I am sympathetic to the septuagenarian couple who has to watch three young children for an indeterminate length of time, but the correct response is not “come home from the hospital” it’s “hey, we’re having fun with our grandkids but looking ahead we may need some relief - do you have a backup care option we could call to make sure the kids are in good hands?”

Hey! I'm so glad you reached out. We're actually at capacity / helping someone else who's also a thousand years old / dealing with some age related stuff right now, and I don't think we can hold appropriate space for your three children. Could we connect [later date or time] instead / Do you have someone else you could reach out to?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If you do not handle your children I will inhale their souls and become so vigorously youthful I will call you old man, my son.

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

vonnegutt posted:

nah but none of them have berating husbands who demand evidence either

Yeah it's this but some goons see 'spreadsheet' and get excited to make beep-boop robot jokes and speculative autism diagnosis, ignoring that she felt the need to research the 'correct amount' and then both time and document how long she was holding the baby so her husband wouldn't berate her as being a bad mother again. Which still wasn't good enough for him.

And again he doesn't offer to take over reading for her, just blames her for the son not having spoken yet.

Like maybe she has autism and maybe she doesn't but the husband is absolutely a huge rear end in a top hat.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
AITA for ordering a giant steak against my MIL will, actually eating it and refusing to cover the entire bill?

quote:

This is ridiculous and I can't believe I have to ask if I'm an rear end in a top hat, but here we go.

I (f27) have been together with my husband Nate for over 10 years and married for 4. I don't have the best relationship with my MIL as she always seem to police what I eat.

Everyone in my family have fast metabolism, I am also working with horses so due to this burn a lot of calories (talking about 2.5-3k a day) and usually have rather large meals to get the energy back and I still remain skinny.

Now to the event. My in-laws invited me and Nate for dinner last Friday. I was very busy back then and haven't eaten since about 6-7am and also didn't have a chance to have a snack before heading to the restaurant so I was starving (I usually have something to eat before seeing my MIL to avoid her comments). Due to this I have ordered a large steak at the restaurant which was meant for 2 people, it also came with prawns, bacon and 2 sides. Please note it was not the most expensive item on the menu as some of my in laws had significantly pricier dishes and we were all splitting the bill anyway.

My MIL started making comments how I shouldn't be ordering what I can't eat since even her husband wouldn't be able to finish the dish, let alone someone my size. I smiled and said I haven't eaten since early morning and am starving, if I don't finish the steak I will take the leftovers home.

I have easily finished the steak and was waiting for my dessert, when my MIL flipped. She said I am attention seeking and was putting on a show, she also said I have made my FIL and BIL feel uneasy and that a woman shouldn't eat that much, it is unhealthy and something is wrong with me. She has then demanded me and Nate to cover the entire bill as she wasn't planning on "such a big expenditure". I said we are absolutely not covering the entire bill since it was meant to be split equally and reminded her of the dishes she ordered, that were significantly more expensive compared to my steak (including her starter). As a result I was called an rear end in a top hat who has ruined a family dinner.

Nate is on my side but most of my in-laws are making very passive aggressive posts on social media about it and keep sending me different articles of "what might cause excessive eating".

AITA for ignoring my kid’s screeching tantrums while at home?

quote:

Throwaway account, not native speaker.

I’m (31F) a stay at home mom, my son is 3y.o and my daughter is 6 months old. My husband’s niece, Jessica (19F) stays at our place 3-4 days a week because she goes to university close to our place. When she’s not here she goes back to stay with her mom (my SIL).

Jessica doesn’t pay rent or do house chores, although her mom sometimes gives us about $100 to help with bills just whenever she can.

Onto the problem. So my house is pretty noisy. My daughter would cry if she’s not psychically on me. Most of the time I would always carry her around so she wouldn’t cry. But on the daily whenever I have to bathe my son, I would leave her in her crib and she would scream cry like the world is ending. This usually happens about 15-20 minutes a day. And she’s safe, she just doesn’t like not being with me. Once I pick her up she would stop crying instantly.

On top of that my son would throw tantrums pretty often. At home, I just ignore him and let him screech scream and trash around. To be fair, my son’s scream would pierce your ears. Sometimes I have to wear noise cancelling headphones and cover my daughter’s ears while he’s throwing tantrums. And he does it a lot, like 3-4 times a week, sometimes it happens twice a day. He usually would calm down after an hour, the longest was two hours.

There’s one particular night when Jessica was at the kitchen washing her dishes, and my son was at the living room just beside the kitchen. He was throwing a really bad tantrum because I wanted him to say “please”. If this is a public space or other people’s house I would turn on youtube and he would calm down right away. But because we’re at home, I thought he should learn to navigate his big feelings without youtube.

He screamed, screeched, thrashed around like a mad man, while I was at the dining table eating my dinner, just a couple steps away from him. Sometimes he took rests from screaming and I gave him water, but once he started screaming again I left him again and back to continuing my dinner. When he stops screaming I would ask if he’s done, then I’d hold his hand and say something like “Repeat after me: Mom open the box please,” but if he starts screaming again I would leave again. This continued for about an hour an a half.

Jessice secretly recorded some of it (me calmly eating while watching my son screeching), and she sent it to her family group chat that I am not a part of. She didn’t say anything to me—we typically pretend the other doesn’t exist. She also didn’t say anything when sending the video.

My husband was offended by her sending the video as if she was ratting me out. But other SIL said maybe I should do something to calm my kids when they’re clearly in distress. She knows it happens a lot, which means Jessica had said something to them before.

They’re now fighting. Other family members chose not to get involved. I don’t think I’m wrong but AITA for ignoring my kid’s tantrums?

Two things:

Looks like Jessica needs a new place to stay.

The nonstop tantrum would drive me loving nuts. My mom is fond of the story that when I was a toddler, I threw a screaming tantrum at home, and she just walked out of the room. After a while I calmed down and realized I had no audience, so I went off and found her. All was good. The next time, she listened and was silent until I stopped screaming, then told me to throw myself on the floor and tantrum again. After two or three times of this, I got bored of it, and tantrums were apparently over from that point on.

90 minutes of it, I'd sit in another room or out of the kid's vision. I know it's evolutionary to react to a child crying but after 90 minutes I think I'd snap.

edit: Reddit is pointing out the kid in question has two sets of rules for tantrums and might not get the whole in public you get tablet, not at home, so he think if he keeps screaming at home, he'll get the tablet. That does sound confusing.

Cowslips Warren fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Jul 31, 2023

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

Start sending back links to articles on "what might cause abusive behaviour"

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Why didn't she just get a separate check and tell the inlaws to go gently caress themselves? Especially if her meal was way cheaper

Upgrade
Jun 19, 2021

DrManiac posted:

Why didn't she just get a separate check and tell the inlaws to go gently caress themselves? Especially if her meal was way cheaper

if she had basic problem solving skills she wouldn’t be posting on Reddit

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Why is nobody else seeing the bigger picture, here?
The over-logical "I spreadsheet to make sure I don't hold my baby too much" meeting the completely illogical "maybe if you held our baby more he would be able to speak by now" is a matter-contacts-antimatter situation that could end our entire universe.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Nothing good ever came from a spreadsheet, especially not a baby

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Car-tires-screeching noise as the soul of every woman doing IVF and tracking her basal temperatures glares at you

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
A spreadsheet to track hugs also invites the possibility of KPIs, 'you are below your hug quota this week mother how are you going to address this?'

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Hey it's their right to have bad babies, somebody has to support the infant Harley vest business and make sure baby sunglass hut stays open at the mall

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010

Ralph Crammed In posted:

Where does a person even get Tsarist winter cosplay?

Tsarget.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

:haw:

Roseo
Jun 1, 2000
Forum Veteran
There's no way this isn't a creative writing exercise.

I (26F) caught my (34M) husband texting a minor. I am on a 8 hour road trip with him and don't know what to do.

quote:

I am absolutely shaking right now.

My husband and I have known three years and have gotten married 6 months ago. He is perfect and everything I could have asked for. These past years I thought I had been living the dream, but now everything has fallen apart.

Two hours into our road trip my husband decided to take a stop at a gas station and get us some snacks. I stayed inside the car and was waiting for him until I noticed he got a notification from instagram.

This surprised me because he was always adamant on never wanting to get instagram. I opened up his phone and decided to check what it was. Upon opening it I found messages with a teenage girl. I only saw a couple of them but they consisted of:

"I love you"

"I can't wait to see you again"

and him sliding on her stories saying she looks beautiful.

I clicked on her profile and it was obvious she was a teenager, somewhere around 14-16. The fact he was cheating on me didn't even register in my brain and it was more so the fact that he was texting these things to someone underage.

I did not have the chance to look further because he came back within 10 minutes. I don't know what to do. I am terrified, betrayed, and disgusted. I am stuck with him for 6 more hours and he is noticing I am acting weird. I don't want to confront him on the road and I feel like these hours are driving me crazy. I need to vent and need some support or something.

Edit:

I want to thank everyone for the replies and support. I have been faking being sick just to get him off my back as to why I am not holding his hand or be affectionate with him. I know I should go along with it and pretend for my sake, but I physically cant bring myself to. I am going to try to take a nap as we have about 4 hrs left to. Truly taking everyones advice to heart and thank you for everyone taking your time. I just need to rest my brain before I do something I regret. Thankfully, we are on a trip to see my parents, so after these hours I will truly feel safe.

[UPDATE] I (26F) caught my (34M) husband texting a minor. I am on a 8 hour road trip with him and don't know what to do.

quote:

First, I want to thank everyone for the support and advice they gave. Like I said in my previous post, I just fell asleep during the car ride and told him I felt sick. We were heading to my parents house and I really wanted to be by them.

However, within 45 minutes my husband woke me up and told me he found a nearby hotel for us to stay in. He said he was worried about me and wanted me to rest in a real bed he also bought medicine for me. At this point I was freaking out because know I was in an unfamiliar area and he was being extra clingy. Once we got in the room and we laid down he kept cuddling me and giving me kisses. It made me feel sick and so I left to go to the bathroom.

I stayed in the bathroom for about an hour. I scrolled through everyones comments and kept pacing myself about what to do. I knew my husband was growing concerned because he kept checking on me. After I left the bathroom he looked so worried and I just needed to let everything out.

I know the number one advice given was not to confront him, and I know it probably was a horrible move, but I couldn't take it. I told him I found his messages on instagram.

He immediately started apologizing and saying he wanted to tell me sooner but couldn't find the time. He was apologizing but not as intensely as what he could have done. So I confronted him about that and said "what a lousy apology coming from a pedophile."

He immediately went silent. It was probably silent for about 6 minutes when he broke it and asked what I was referring too. I told him and he looked so hurt. He took a deep breath and explained everything.

He said the person I looked through his messages with was his 15 year old daughter, Sarah. He explained that she reached out to him a year ago on Facebook and ever since then was trying to connect with her. He said within 6 months he confirmed he was the father, met up with her bunch of times, and truly formed a strong connection with her. However, 6 months ago we got married and he didn't want to stress me out with that news, as well as his daughter not being ready to face others. He also explained that when he was 18 he had an on and off relationship with a Sarah's mom when one day she just up and ghosted him forever. According to Sarah her mom is also strict, which is why the message on instagram to avoid her mom finding out right now.

My mind was spiraling and I knew he knew that. He then placed his phone into my hand and let me scroll farther. Upon scrolling I found her referring to him as dad and she sent him a happy fathers day awhile back as well. He even said he would to another DNA test to prove it to me.

I immediately felt guilty. I feel guilty that my immediate mind took innocent texts and turned them inappropriate. and I felt guilty that I saw my husband in that way. I kept apologizing to him about the accusation. However, my husband just apologized and said he understood my point of view and told me it wasn't my fault. I kept trying to tell him I was sorry and he kept saying it was okay. I can see the look in his eyes though and I can see how hurt he really is. He said we should both just get some sleep and talk more later.

To be honest I can't fall asleep as I feel just disgusted with myself. About his whole secret daughter it doesn't bother me so much (maybe bc its miles better than the alternative). But I understand the situation and am happy for my husband because he wants kids desperately but we have decided to wait two years to grow our marriage. I feel as if right now I flushed everything down the drain and have no clue how to make things better.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Husband turned pedophile turned surprise dad is the obvious twist there, yeah.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for ignoring my kid’s screeching tantrums while at home?

Two things:

Looks like Jessica needs a new place to stay.

The nonstop tantrum would drive me loving nuts. My mom is fond of the story that when I was a toddler, I threw a screaming tantrum at home, and she just walked out of the room. After a while I calmed down and realized I had no audience, so I went off and found her. All was good. The next time, she listened and was silent until I stopped screaming, then told me to throw myself on the floor and tantrum again. After two or three times of this, I got bored of it, and tantrums were apparently over from that point on.

90 minutes of it, I'd sit in another room or out of the kid's vision. I know it's evolutionary to react to a child crying but after 90 minutes I think I'd snap.

edit: Reddit is pointing out the kid in question has two sets of rules for tantrums and might not get the whole in public you get tablet, not at home, so he think if he keeps screaming at home, he'll get the tablet. That does sound confusing.

OP's not an rear end in a top hat because niece doesn't get a say here, but wouldn't 1-2 hour full volume tantrums 3-4 times a week (and sometimes more than once daily) point towards behavioral issues? That doesn't seem like something to be so nonchalant about, maybe spreadsheet mom can help her track some metrics?

AreWeDrunkYet fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Jul 31, 2023

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Roseo posted:

There's no way this isn't a creative writing exercise.

I (26F) caught my (34M) husband texting a minor. I am on a 8 hour road trip with him and don't know what to do.

[UPDATE] I (26F) caught my (34M) husband texting a minor. I am on a 8 hour road trip with him and don't know what to do.

i do not believe this happened, but also lol

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

vonnegutt posted:

...do y'all's families not have baby spreadsheets? I've known several families who kept them, mostly to track feedings (times and oz of milk consumed) and baby weights. If a baby is losing weight it's helpful to track trends so you can tell if it's just normal variation or something that needs to be addressed medically.

Google sheets are free and you can add all the baby's caretakers as collaborators so it's always up to date. Much better to know that baby had 2 oz of milk at 11:00am than "some in the morning".

My wife and I did, but just for feeding, sleeping, and diapers. Not for hugs and cuddles

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Cowslips Warren posted:

This is one reason I do Costco shopping alone now. I can get pretty much everything and be in line by the time my mom had decided she's done looking at the third or fourth row of walking up and down to see what new poo poo is in and where old poo poo has been moved to and what is now on the endcaps and what is now by the door.

For some people, going to Costco is a day trip. For the rest of us, it's wanting to get the poo poo we need and get out.
Yup. Sometimes you want to buy, sometimes you want to shop, meaning stroll and look. For instance, when I go to a garden store, I shop: I check out all the areas, even the ones I'm not planning on buying, because it's fun looking at (say) water gardens even though I know I don't have room for them. I like shopping at Costco, while OP's husband wants to buy. The only cure IMHO is never to go shopping with a buyer. Nobody ever window-buys; people window-shop.

My husband is a buyer except for grocieries; I'm a shopper. Fortunately, we both like doing all the aisles in Costco except the pet and soft-drink area. I was overjoyed this week to find out that my son loves plant-shopping as much as I do; I checked with my husband, and he was delighted to have the two of us go to the garden center and leave him at home.

blackmet
Aug 5, 2006

I believe there is a universal Truth to the process of doing things right (Not that I have any idea what that actually means).

"AITA for finally telling my mother in law that her mac and cheese tastes terrible?" posted:

My husband 30m and I 28f have been married for 2 years, together for 5 years, and currently 6 months pregnant. We are very excited and blessed because I've had some complications in getting pregnant. I have a very good relationship with my in laws and if any of us ever had problem, we are able to talk it through. Except for one thing. My mother in law has her famous mac and cheese that everyone in her family absolutely loves.

I, however, found it disgusting on day 1 but I didn't want to come off as rude and ungrateful so I pulled through it without saying anything. I told my husband about it and he said that his mother has been making it for decades perfecting the recipe and she would be deeply offended if anyone told her anything bad about her mac and cheese so I should just find the right moment to tell her. He for some reason loves it, so he didn't want to be the one to tell her. Which I totally understand because it is MY issue and I had to deal with it. It's been almost 2 years of me pretending.

So 2 days ago I've decided to just tell her. It was a family dinner where my husband's parents had invited us over and of course, his mother was making her so-called "famous mac and cheese". I almost threw up at the smell and I couldn't bear the thought of eating it, probably because I was pregnant.

So at dinner, when I was offered the mac and cheese, I politely declined and said "no thank you". My mother in law looked at me and asked "why? You should eat. Good for the baby". And I just went right out with it "I'm sorry, but I don't like your mac and cheese. Everything else tastes delicious, but this is the one thing I simply cannot eat anymore". She looked so deeply offended and she literally snapped "well, thanks for being honest" and didn't even look or speak to me for the rest of the evening. My husband was on my side and tried to speak to his mother, but all I know is that it didn't work because she has been cold to me ever since.

What was wrong with the mac and cheese? Her "perfecting the recipe" ended up with this result: mac and cheese combined with salmon, kimchi, pineapple, seaweed salad, collard greens, onions, and garlic. I don't have a problem with the greens or onion, but the rest tastes so disgustingly wrong with mac and cheese.

However, the reason why I think I might have been an rear end in a top hat is because like my husband said,
she has been perfecting this recipe for years, her entire family clearly loves it, and I tell her that her "perfected and loved" mac and cheese is terrible.

Am I the rear end in a top hat?

Edit. I did tell her that because I was pregnant it wasn't possible for me to stomach the ingredients, but she still didn't want to talk to me.

You know, I think this is a case where we can totally yuck someone's yum.

blackmet fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Jul 31, 2023

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah if you have a hug spreadsheet and you find yourself saying "I would like to hug the baby but the spreadsheet doesn't allow it", and you don't immediately throw out the spreadsheet and hug the baby, you're doing it wrong

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Or you could hug the spreadsheet.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

blackmet posted:

Edit: The code block thing has been fixed and now I can read this which makes it so much worse.

quote:

Her "perfecting the recipe" ended up with this result: mac and cheese combined with salmon, kimchi, pineapple, seaweed salad, collard greens, onions, and garlic.

This is a food crime.

8one6 fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jul 31, 2023

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

blackmet posted:

by "perfecting" they must mean that they leave a bowl on the floor of the kitchen and anything that falls into becomes the next ingredient

blackmet
Aug 5, 2006

I believe there is a universal Truth to the process of doing things right (Not that I have any idea what that actually means).

Cowslips Warren posted:

The only positive thing about that post is that if she leaves, he'll never see it coming.

AITA for telling my wife that I hate shopping for non-food products at Costco while grocery shopping

I can see his frustration, just because of how often they go.

Like, my partner and I go once every 2-3 months. Since we don't go a lot, it's worth it to spend time rolling through the general merchandise and clothing aisles, JUST IN CASE there's something cool that we might want.

But if we were going every two weeks, I'd want in and out most of the time too.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
Mac and cheese with any of those ingredients sounds fine, save the pineapple. Mac and cheese with all of those ingredients sounds like a lot.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

8one6 posted:

So did you post this in a code block specifically to make it as obnoxious as possible to read on mobile?

It looks fine to me?

blackmet
Aug 5, 2006

8one6 posted:

So did you post this in a code block specifically to make it as obnoxious as possible to read on mobile?

Yeah, phone posting, wrong button hit, etc.

Should be fixed now.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

vonnegutt posted:

nah but none of them have berating husbands who demand evidence either

lots of us have gift spreadsheets though. helps to remember who got what for who. spreadsheets are great!

Spreadsheets are perfect for increasingly elaborate purchasing plans for the library's non-fiction collection!

The transcript for this Slate podcast hasn't been put up yet, but here's the headline:

My Boyfriend Hid His Hobby From Me—Civil War Reenactments. Help!

Based on my experience with living history people, this could be awful, could be fine. Impossible to know without details. I'll update when the transcript comes out if anyone's interested.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I want to know more, I hope the red flag that finally tipped OP off was their bf growing massive 1860s facial hair "for no reason"

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

blackmet posted:

This is a monstrous travesty and I'm fairly certain Mom is just manipulating people into eating it as a sick power play

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

quote:

Her "perfecting the recipe" ended up with this result: mac and cheese combined with salmon, kimchi, pineapple, seaweed salad, collard greens, onions, and garlic.

This is what happens when when AI tries to cook.

People like lobster mac, and salmon is delicious and more affordable!
Kimchi provides a little heat and texture, just like chili powder and bread crumbs!
If you like peas in your mac, trying upping the veggies with seaweed and collard greens!

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

trickybiscuits posted:

Spreadsheets are perfect for increasingly elaborate purchasing plans for the library's non-fiction collection!

The transcript for this Slate podcast hasn't been put up yet, but here's the headline:

My Boyfriend Hid His Hobby From Me—Civil War Reenactments. Help!

Based on my experience with living history people, this could be awful, could be fine. Impossible to know without details. I'll update when the transcript comes out if anyone's interested.

Could go either way. Depends if he's roleplaying advancing on Atlanta with a big box of matches or if he's y'know... the other type.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
People like cheese, so find someone with poor hygiene.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
Mac n cheese sounds like there’s a good chance that mom & family are Korean. Iirc someone had a story way back about visiting Korean relations and making “proper” Texan chili for them for the first time and the relations loved it, even more so after they dumped a bunch of kimchi and catsup in.

Edit: Also the salmon/seaweed/cheese thing sounds insane but stuff like okonomiyaki has some very strong contrasting flavors in a similar way. All that said maybe not something that a pregnant woman not accustomed to those flavors would particularly enjoy

idiotsavant fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jul 31, 2023

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

e: maybe a bit rude

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Or you could hug the spreadsheet.

lmfao this got me good :golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Mac & cheese recipe sounds perfectly edible as a generic noodle dish (although I still wouldn't fault a pregnant lady for being put off by it), the :psyduck: part is why is there still cheese