Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Entropic posted:

Anyone with .eth in their name is a crypto bro if they’re not a bot, so good to block either way. It’s great that they label themselves to make it easy

Yeah, I always go straight for blocking if I see anything that hints at NFTs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls
Have we discussed Mr. "Any Speech that Is Legal is Allowed" suing researchers who said that hate speech is on the rise on Twitter?

https://apnews.com/article/elon-musk-lawsuit-cchd-twitter-x-hate-speech-extremism-434a80631f9e76833ee30387c04dd290

Because LOL.

.random
May 7, 2007

I’ve been very supportive of Mr. Musk but his latest app description of “Blaze Your Glory” has taken things too far.

Like many of you, I was confused as to the meaning at first, so I did the rational thing. Taking every other letter of each word starting with the first, we find that it says BAEYUGOY, which is clearly intended to be read as “bae, y u go? Y?”

Naturally, this sounded like a targeted message to Grimes, so I was extra confused when I took every remaining letter and found them to yield LZORLR, which can be anagrammed into ROLLRZ. A quick google search shows that ROLLRZ is an alt-right rollerblading gang whose motto is “Roller Glory”… boy, that sounds a lot like Blaze Your Glory, doesn’t it? but that’s not even the most interesting part. ROLLRZ recently moved their social media presence to Bluesky after a very public feud between the gang leader and their social media coordinator, Brian Allen Everett. Everett quit over the disagreement. Brian. Allen. Everett. BAE. The coded message isn’t even about Grimes at all, but another example of Elon “subtly” disguising his right wing messages right under our noses.

Between this and the Lucre business, I’m getting close to thinking about putting an 18 hour daily limit on my usage of X which will really start to show up in those user seconds metrics unless he walks back the app description.

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

.random posted:

I’ve been very supportive of Mr. Musk but his latest app description of “Blaze Your Glory” has taken things too far.

Like many of you, I was confused as to the meaning at first, so I did the rational thing. Taking every other letter of each word starting with the first, we find that it says BAEYUGOY, which is clearly intended to be read as “bae, y u go? Y?”

Naturally, this sounded like a targeted message to Grimes, so I was extra confused when I took every remaining letter and found them to yield LZORLR, which can be anagrammed into ROLLRZ. A quick google search shows that ROLLRZ is an alt-right rollerblading gang whose motto is “Roller Glory”… boy, that sounds a lot like Blaze Your Glory, doesn’t it? but that’s not even the most interesting part. ROLLRZ recently moved their social media presence to Bluesky after a very public feud between the gang leader and their social media coordinator, Brian Allen Everett. Everett quit over the disagreement. Brian. Allen. Everett. BAE. The coded message isn’t even about Grimes at all, but another example of Elon “subtly” disguising his right wing messages right under our noses.

Between this and the Lucre business, I’m getting close to thinking about putting an 18 hour daily limit on my usage of X which will really start to show up in those user seconds metrics unless he walks back the app description.

!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Concerning

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

Metal Gear Solid broke my brain -- every time Musk does this I can literally hear that alert sound effect.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight
https://twitter.com/scottbudman/status/1686089123583660032

Just thinking how shoddy the construction/installation must have been that it could be removed so quickly.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
someone said it was "installed" using sand bags

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

.random posted:

so few understand this (sigh)

Three Olives posted:

Just thinking how shoddy the construction/installation must have been that it could be removed so quickly.

lmao

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

ryde posted:

Nah the X thing is completely unrelated to whether or not the company is flailing. He'd do it even if Twitter was doing gangbusters. He's been stuck on the idea since the PayPal days, where he was fired for, amongst other things, literally trying to rebrand PayPal as X. It's his white whale.

That's the best part of it, he will never relent or roll back, because he has been trying to do this for decades and he finally got to.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Three Olives posted:

Lol

Rofl

Lmao

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

lol while they were taking down the X

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

ryde posted:

Metal Gear Solid broke my brain -- every time Musk does this I can literally hear that alert sound effect.

Soon we will discover that Musk has been an AI controlled by the Patriots for a while now, and it’ll all make sense.

Though, if the program breaks down and posts something like “I love scissors! 69!” could we even tell the difference?

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Face down/rear end up

Just like his business.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Three Olives posted:

Too bad this saga didn't end with the residents of that apartment building across from Twitter HQ dragging Elon out with torches and pitchforks.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Confirmed

https://twitter.com/CultureCrave/status/1686096951719387140

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

kazil posted:

Hardcastlemccormik fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jul 31, 2023

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Elon Musk Will Train His AI Project Using Your Tweets

Can't wait to see what sort of AI comes out of that.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

Relevant find in C-Spam:

IBroughttheFunk fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jul 31, 2023

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

wash bucket posted:

Calm Hitler

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

kazil posted:

c'mon grimes, redeem yourself by telling a room full of people how elon never once got you off

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

Ouhei posted:

That's the best part of it, he will never relent or roll back, because he has been trying to do this for decades and he finally got to.

Yeah it loving owns. He's going to run it right into the ground chasing his everything app dream and we get to watch.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

wash bucket posted:

Neat, can't wait to see how it will figure out the true nature of the universe with the help of several thousand blue check tweets whining about how woke the Barbie movie is.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

kazil posted:

Lol isn't that the red scare girl

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

wash bucket posted:

Hahaha he's got no product advantage or direction, he's just trying to spread as wide as possible and hope that empty size is competitive

On top of that he's a creeper who's spying on your DMs so nobody wants him there

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?
This debate about "are feminist sluts bad, actually" will be moderated by noted fair, evenhanded, and extremely not mad online lady Bari Weiss

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

kazil posted:

what a line up

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

twitter training AI from tweets is pointless, with how many bots are posting there, they might as well just connect the AI's output to its input and save time.

training AI language models with other AI language models will eventually develop completely new patterns, meanings, and idioms. won't be useful, but it could be cool so i hope they foolishly waste their shipping container of GPUs on it.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

wash bucket posted:

He's gonna end up with an AI that mercilessly mocks him. This is a Black Mirror episode.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

big black turnout posted:

Lol isn't that the red scare girl

Yes. I had to look up everyone but Grimes. Honestly the entire panel seems insufferable.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
Where to even start with this one

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1686037774510497792

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

the guy in the video would catch a sixer if he posted itt

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Quorum posted:

This debate about "are feminist sluts bad, actually" will be moderated by noted fair, evenhanded, and extremely not mad online lady Bari Weiss

Last I heard of Weiss she was creating some scammy "free speech university" somewhere that wasn't accredited or conferred degrees but was a bastion for freeze peach or...something? I don't even know. In a crowded field of dumb-as-dogshit pundits she might just be the dumbest.

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

Lammasu posted:

Yes. I had to look up everyone but Grimes. Honestly the entire panel seems insufferable.

Googled Grime's partner and the top video is "How "Wokeness" Got in the Way of My Activism"

lol just a bunch of Joe Rogan "Centrist" CHUDs raging about dumb poo poo

in LA of all places I'm sure it'll go great

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

they'll book dave chapelle to warm up the crowd

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

:rip: anyone hired to be head of Brand Safety at X corp

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

MunchE posted:

Googled Grime's partner and the top video is "How "Wokeness" Got in the Way of My Activism"

lol just a bunch of Joe Rogan "Centrist" CHUDs raging about dumb poo poo

in LA of all places I'm sure it'll go great

So grimes is on the "Yes" side of the debate then considering her partner?

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Elon's going to end up just taking over these positions and running around (incompetently) doing seventeen jobs at once. You know, because he's such a singular genius and no one else understands his massive brain.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

wash bucket posted:

tweet ai will brand itself as the only ai owned by non globalists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Hell yeah I wanna be the X BRAND MANAGER