Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Trade, sir! Discover it! This is you, this is a clue. Get a clue, discover trade!

Solvency posted:

My family saw a bunch of lights on the 17th in the twilight sky, as we were just on our patio and thought I would share it with you all. I muted the audio since it's just our chatter about the objects. We have a pretty good guess on what the lights were, but I kinda want to see if anyone else comes to the same conclusion before I reveal ours.

A couple of notes, the lights were traveling from the west to the east, at pretty much the same rate of speed and in a straight line. The lights go away after they made it over our house, which I show in the video. They were quite a bit brighter then any surrounding stars, and did not make any sound. It probably went on for five to ten minutes or so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI_G8tTcSG8

So our conclusion was that the objects were likely sky lanterns / Chinese lanterns. The consistency of their slow traverse across the sky, the slight flickering of the light, the fact that they blinked out of existence, all led us to that conclusion. I've personally never seen them in the sky like that before, but it all seems to fit. Anyways, thanks for letting me share.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Riot Bimbo posted:

If the art goons wanna answer my prompt, it's simple;

-Draw a novel concept NHI

You can pull from tropes like greys and little green men, you can pull from lovecraft, or mystical/religious/mythical traditions, but try to make it yours in some way.

-Draw a novel concept Bird

Again, derivation from established forms is fine, but put your stank on it

I am working on stuff myself, it'll be on paper and ink probably, but nothing is ready to show (i am at work rn besides)

Just wanna generate Content because

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)
Ultra Carp
This song has nothing to do with UFOs, but Frankie the tortoise is kind of saucer shaped. https://soundcloud.com/the_door_is_scary/taking-a-cute-photo-of-my-tortoise

smelly goblin
Jul 27, 2022

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Posting on page 1777 for gratitude

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Nichael posted:

Sorry, I'm not really familiar with the terminology of this stuff. I meant, what do things like "favorable aspect," "opposed to," etc mean in practice?

No problem. So basically you have different traditional methods of reading (3 cards, Celtic cross, etc) which are like arbitrary rules to interpret the cards. The idea is to give a fixed meaning for each position, and then draw cards in order and start interpreting them based on their relative positions.

The simplest draw is one card. In that case there is no real meaning based on the relative position since there is no relative position, so you just check the card symbolism as a whole.

Next you have 2-cards readings. In that case, since we have two cards, we can introduce a dynamic which will refine the card meaning based in their relative positions. An example could be "the card on the left will represent what is positive, and the one on the right will represent what is negative".

Again, it is all arbitrary, the only thing that matters is that you make a choice of method and meaning beforehand and stick to it. It helps if it's familiar to you already. You can totally make up your own method and meanings.

Then you can have a 3-cards draw. Classical meaning for 3 cards will be, from left to right: past, present and future.

Etc you can keep adding more cards and more elaborate dynamics between them. The only thing that matters based on my experience is that you know exactly before starting what will be your method for reading (number of cards and positions + relative meaning) and even trying to picture it mentally.

So in the case of your reading I used a 5-cards cross reading that came among other methods in the small booklet of the deck.

The idea of that methodology is that you have 2 axis : horizontal and vertical.

You start by drawing the two cards on the left and right of the horizontal axis. They will represent two aspects competing over the question asked. The left one is favourable, the right one is opposed to the left one.

Then you draw two cards for the top and bottom of the vertical axis. They represent a powerful influence, external to you so that you have little to no control over it (top card) and the possible outcome of your question (bottom card)

Then you draw the final card which goes in the middle and summarizes the situation, some kind of center of gravity around which the other cards are organized.

Of course it is much easier for me to give an interpretation when I have a minimum of context so I know if the question is more spiritual, practical, about finances or love, etc. But if not I simply share the meaning of the cards and the meaning of their positions.

Otherwise if I don't know the context it becomes too easy for me to start projecting meanings which could be completely different from the question you had in mind.

So for example in your reading I get an overall very positive vibe. The key card at the top indicates that your question is key (hehehe) for your destiny, which makes sense if it indeed relates to your life goals.

The horizontal axis is opposing the (very) positive influence of a man (could be you if you are a man) to departure and abandon. In the middle, the "support" card is the synthesis or center of gravity if that dynamic.

The way I read this - but which I didn't share because this is where I start taking risks of projecting since I don't really know the context - is that it's about you being a powerful support and protector to others, or you benefiting from the powerful support of a man.

Finally we have the outcome card which is the family, the group, which makes me think it's about you being a strong support and protector to your family or your organization, but again this is where I start projecting because I don't know your goals.

Here are some explanations from the English part of the deck booklet for your reading pleasure

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
brb starting my psychedelic rock band the oracle crabs

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

goodbye america page

hello angel page

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Pooky posted:

Ready for :words:?

CE5 worked for me. I don't trust greer, I don't believe CE5 works, but something happened.

eat. pray. pooky. sending much gratitude to the sky today

D-Pad posted:

I imagine the Epstein thread prepared the ground for quite a few goons to be able to :justpost: in this one.

:same:

Wheeee posted:

epstein died so ufos could fly

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Alctel posted:

Should I go on this trip or not I'm lining up to go on in a month

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Positive aspect: the boat, water
Opposed to: reason, wisdom
Major influence: hesitation
Possible outcome: the news
Center of gravity: loss (of money/something material)

The cards could be showing you are hesitating because reason tells you it's a lot of money, but they seem to tell you to go. Is it a trip involving a boat or water?

Alctel posted:

Yeah I'm gonna be sailing around the world, but nervous as I don't have as much money as I'd want saved up and sad about leaving my gf so that's uh, rather on the nose lol

What does 'the news' mean?

And thanks!

lol, lmao

ufos are real now? good, great. lets do divination next *cracks knuckles*

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

this guy said he's been chasing down evidence of the Varghina piss alien for years and whoops turns out literally everything provided to him was fake and criminals conned him

https://twitter.com/RonyVernet/status/1686027684147572737

hmmmm

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

Objurium posted:

I can't remember if it was in this thread or not, but does anyone else remember a tweet or post saying that the description the Greer Marine "whistleblower" Michael Herrera gave of his service weapon was almost word for word a description of a rifle from one of the Modern Warfare games?

I don't know what you read but the story goes that he said he was carrying a M1A27 gun, but that doesn't exist in real life. It's just a gun name used in Call of Duty because Activision doesn't have the rights to use the real gun name. The actually gun name is something M1A6.

(I know my gun names are off, so no need for gun nuts to correct me)

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

The Grey posted:

I don't know what you read but the story goes that he said he was carrying a M1A27 gun, but that doesn't exist in real life. It's just a gun name used in Call of Duty because Activision doesn't have the rights to use the real gun name. The actually gun name is something M1A6.

(I know my gun names are off, so no need for gun nuts to correct me)

I looked this up because lol and he said "m4a4" which is the Counter Strike version of m4a1, funny poo poo lol my boy been playing de_aztec thinking it was real life

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

my bony fealty posted:

this guy said he's been chasing down evidence of the Varghina piss alien for years and whoops turns out literally everything provided to him was fake and criminals conned him

https://twitter.com/RonyVernet/status/1686027684147572737

hmmmm

i mean if that dude couldn’t tell from that obviously photoshopped picture then uh

inchworm
Jun 23, 2023
yeah, i've played cs so ive basically been to italy too

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Cool. Thank you for this primer! This is all really interesting, and I appreciate your detailed explanation/analysis.

One more general question, is the blue card literally just like a power up from a video game, to denote that it's more powerful?

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Nichael posted:

Cool. Thank you for this primer! This is all really interesting, and I appreciate your detailed explanation/analysis.

One more general question, is the blue card literally just like a power up from a video game, to denote that it's more powerful?

That's the meaning I chose to give it, yes :)

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Somebody help, I started engaging in the GBS thread.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

D-Pad posted:

don't :justpost:

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

D-Pad posted:

radar doesn’t like it when you self harm

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

D-Pad posted:

rip

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007

D-Pad posted:

your post is good and I hope it moves the needle past "lol, crazy dude is crazy and also Iraq!"

Lackey
May 31, 2000

Monsters?
They look like monsters to you?

Taking this moment to also appreciate page number and my birbfriends here.

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Riot Bimbo posted:

If the art goons wanna answer my prompt, it's simple;

-Draw a novel concept NHI

You can pull from tropes like greys and little green men, you can pull from lovecraft, or mystical/religious/mythical traditions, but try to make it yours in some way.

-Draw a novel concept Bird

Again, derivation from established forms is fine, but put your stank on it

I am working on stuff myself, it'll be on paper and ink probably, but nothing is ready to show (i am at work rn besides)

Just wanna generate Content because

I think I drew this series after moving across the country three times in as many years, so there’s lots of spooky transience and amorphous shapes as my life kind of coalesced into slowly making more sense. (It doesn’t make sense now, but it’s more stable lol)

Looking forward to working on your prompt

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
I like it!

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007
do I listen to the gateway experience tapes high as a pterodactyl tit or nah? seems like it could be enhanced by smoking a weed, but also maybe not??? anyone have any experience with these tapes they're willing to share? I listened to the first last night before bed and it was kind of surreal. I'd see lots of geometric shapes starting to form out of the darkness, but if I tried to bring it into focus it'd disappear like a dream you just woke up from and can't quite remember. then the voice on the tape would become clear to me again and I'd start to fade back out and repeat the process.

I was listening on YouTube so I've since gotten some lossless flac files to try again.

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

D-Pad posted:

In my +20 years here, I spent most of it in GBS and a handful of other specific subforums.

The UFO thread in GBS sucked, but I didn't know there was a conversation going on anywhere else. I'm so thankful that someone mentioned the CSPAM UAP thread off-hand.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

if you listen while high, you're only gonna "go there" while high; same with all hypnosis

this might be a better thing. especially if this turns out to be something hosed up, if it only works when you're high, you'll only be demon possessed/a cia sleeper agent/comatose loaf of bread when baked

i have my own tarot deck (hermetic, though the art style is kinda poo poo and the deck vibe itself is mean at-best), i've had dreams, i've had a lot of bad intuition about gateway process + other monroe institute stuff

the internal+tarot consensus seemed to be that it would provide interesting novel short term gains, but the worm would turn in some nebulous, unspecified manner. Given my own experience with hypnosis, i'm willing to bet there is stuff that's pretty nasty buried in there.

but if you've just *gotta* try it for yourself, maybe do be high?

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Winkle-Daddy posted:

do I listen to the gateway experience tapes high as a pterodactyl tit or nah? seems like it could be enhanced by smoking a weed, but also maybe not???

be sober

weed is not conducive to good thinking or activities like meditation

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Winkle-Daddy posted:

do I listen to the gateway experience tapes high as a pterodactyl tit or nah? seems like it could be enhanced by smoking a weed, but also maybe not??? anyone have any experience with these tapes they're willing to share? I listened to the first last night before bed and it was kind of surreal. I'd see lots of geometric shapes starting to form out of the darkness, but if I tried to bring it into focus it'd disappear like a dream you just woke up from and can't quite remember. then the voice on the tape would become clear to me again and I'd start to fade back out and repeat the process.

I was listening on YouTube so I've since gotten some lossless flac files to try again.

The FAQ for the tapes specifically says don't use any mind altering substances with them, for whatever that is worth.

Personally, as they require some degree of mental alertness and focus to follow the instructions, I don't think being "high as a pterodactyl tit" is gonna be conducive to making progress but ymmv.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
me and the two peeps above me have been posters since 2001

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

wtf is good thinking

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

weed is not actually good for your mind, regardless of how comforting a crutch it can be to dull the pain of existence in capitalist hellworld

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

this place really is the townie bar of internet forums

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

Gillibrand wants to have a meeting with Grusch and Kirkpatrick together. That would be a fun one.

https://twitter.com/ask_a_pol/status/1686083165922742273?t=QZjqBdlClycAbNVtXZg8sA&s=19

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Wheeee posted:

weed is not actually good for your mind, regardless of how comforting a crutch it can be to dull the pain of existence in capitalist hellworld

I think sparing oneself the stress of the hellworld can be worth it, but mileage varies. I know it’s saved my mental health more than once.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

all of a sudden wheee is giving out mental health advice i think all the tarot witchcraft has laid a curse

and azzy calling us townies

merciful betsy

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

The Saucer Hovers posted:

wtf is good thinking

Those tapes require a degree of sustained focus on what the tapes are saying (well most of them anyways) and at least for me, weed makes it harder to focus in a sustained way. Maybe there's strains that don't do that as much and maybe other people's bodies react differently than mine but I think for the average person being high would be a hindrance due to the relative degradation in focus.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

selec posted:

I think sparing oneself the stress of the hellworld can be worth it, but mileage varies. I know it’s saved my mental health more than once.

yea im low effort phone posting while working so to be clear im not trying to claim weed is entirely bad, just that using it is something to be mindful about and that it is not always the answer

also not judging, i go through extended periods of vaping a poo poo ton of weed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007

Azathoth posted:

The FAQ for the tapes specifically says don't use any mind altering substances with them, for whatever that is worth.

the YouTube had no instructions so I just decided to wing it. I notice there's a bunch of PDFs that came with the flac files. I'll have to see if that's helpful! thanks for making me notice them!

what about doing this when you're very tired / laying in bed? or should this be more of a daytime and alert activity? I think my next session is gonna be laying on a hammock outside during the afternoon, but I'm curious about successes others have had. :)

e: the question about should I be high is more from the fact this came from the CIA who never met a punch bowl at a party that wasn't worth spiking. wasn't sure if this is a "when in Rome" situation. then again, they were probably mega dosing LSD, not riding a chill high from legal potent weed.

Winkle-Daddy has issued a correction as of 21:56 on Jul 31, 2023