Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Lokar
Mar 10, 2006

selec posted:

I think sparing oneself the stress of the hellworld can be worth it, but mileage varies. I know it’s saved my mental health more than once.

it’s also saved my rear end on occasion but… it’s a crutch honestly and the more control of my poo poo I am, the less I even want to touch it

but it does gently caress with your dreams and concentration and I recommend everyone trying for extended breaks (when combined with spiritual practice like meditation / gateway tapes / dream journaling etc) and see the difference when using / not using

I’ve been off weed enough to clear my system and had and awesome synchronicity dream last night

there was leftover meat and blood from a dinner (I’m a vegetarian so ?? anyway) and the container for moved and made a huge mess that needed to be cleaned up. I went to look for those Lysol wipes to clean it up and couldn’t find any and had to use a rag.

I woke up and immediately saw some of those Lysol wipes on the counter - we haven’t had any for 6+ months but today they were on sale and my husband bought some (I know they are probably bad for the environment but it’s easier to clean up cat vomit so hey treats are nice)

Lokar has issued a correction as of 22:20 on Jul 31, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

i will clean out my system when you clean out the inequities in your labor laws

inchworm
Jun 23, 2023
i had a dream i was playing a mario game that turned into an art class

does the monroe stuff make it so that i AM mario in an art class?

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

the dreams you get when you go from being blasted out of your mind on dabs all day to zero weed are incredible, highly recommend

Lokar
Mar 10, 2006

Winkle-Daddy posted:

what about doing this when you're very tired / laying in bed? or should this be more of a daytime and alert activity? I think my next session is gonna be laying on a hammock outside during the afternoon, but I'm curious about successes others have had. :)

you don’t want to be very tired - but you do need to be relaxed. It’s teaching you to have “mind awake / body asleep” so if you did it right before bed you might pass out

but doing it is better than not doing it so find a good time that will create an easily sustainable habit

I have a morning meditation but I do my gateway session around midnight (Maximum Yin energy) after my husband goes to bed and I won’t be disturbed

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007
it didn't even occur to me to try to make a routine out of it, I was treating it like a curiosity, something to do a few times. :doh:

Lokar
Mar 10, 2006

Winkle-Daddy posted:

it didn't even occur to me to try to make a routine out of it, I was treating it like a curiosity, something to do a few times. :doh:

i was the same - messing around with it every couple of days

then i noticed it was having some sort of an effect and a lot of people were reporting success doing it daily or at least 5x a week over months to a year, so I've started to at least attempt a daily session. I'm still on wave 2 and repeating a lot of tapes.

consistency and not rushing is key for a lot of this i think

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

can you battle the Dulles brothers in the astral plane yet?

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Winkle-Daddy posted:

the YouTube had no instructions so I just decided to wing it. I notice there's a bunch of PDFs that came with the flac files. I'll have to see if that's helpful! thanks for making me notice them!

what about doing this when you're very tired / laying in bed? or should this be more of a daytime and alert activity? I think my next session is gonna be laying on a hammock outside during the afternoon, but I'm curious about successes others have had. :)

e: the question about should I be high is more from the fact this came from the CIA who never met a punch bowl at a party that wasn't worth spiking. wasn't sure if this is a "when in Rome" situation. then again, they were probably mega dosing LSD, not riding a chill high from legal potent weed.

In my experience I've never made it to the end of whatever session I was listening to without falling asleep when doing it at night. That being said I have found it an excellent way to fall asleep. I am not somebody who suffers from any kind of anxiety or second guessing except when I am falling asleep and then my mind goes into overdrive about that bullshit. Putting on a Gateway tape puts me in a very relaxed meditation state with none of those self-deprecating thoughts and then I drift off to a deep and relaxing sleep. It's great.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Winkle-Daddy posted:

the YouTube had no instructions so I just decided to wing it. I notice there's a bunch of PDFs that came with the flac files. I'll have to see if that's helpful! thanks for making me notice them!

e: the question about should I be high is more from the fact this came from the CIA who never met a punch bowl at a party that wasn't worth spiking. wasn't sure if this is a "when in Rome" situation. then again, they were probably mega dosing LSD, not riding a chill high from legal potent weed.

One of the chapters is specifically meant to be listened to while falling asleep but it's a few in, so you'll have to do some groundwork before getting to it but after that you could definitely use that one daily. I haven't done that myself, as I don't find the process to be conducive to falling asleep personally but I'm kinda particular about that sort of thing, so don't read anything into my experience.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

poisonpill posted:

can you battle the Dulles brothers in the astral plane yet?

condition yourself with the gateway tapes long enough and you’ll find yourself being summoned to the astral plane by the dulles brothers as their pawn

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Riot Bimbo posted:

i have my own tarot deck (hermetic, though the art style is kinda poo poo and the deck vibe itself is mean at-best),

ah, good old Crowley

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

neutral milf hotel posted:

me and the two peeps above me have been posters since 2001

lol your accounts are old enough to drink

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
posting on the barrett’s privateers page

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Are there any text of what's said in the tapes or is it strictly audio?

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

i was going to trust my subconscious and my astral self to some random youtube videos but then i saw on tiktok that there were different versions and maybe some had malware and i should only trust that dude’s sick binaural beats to hemisync to

Andy Pandy
Dec 11, 2007

Grimey Drawer
A few weeks back I had this dream where I was determined to say a certain important phrase, but not in wishy-washy dreamtalk, I wanted to really say it out loud. I was struggling to open my mouth and I kept fighting against some force keeping my mouth shut, and the boring dream just kind of continued until I finally managed to blurt it out, and I woke myself up at that moment saying "The more questions we ask, the more complicated it becomes". Or something very similar to that.

Then I went back to sleep! It was neat.

mr_jolly
Aug 20, 2003

Not so jolly now
Randomly thought of one of my favourite ufo flaps earlier which was the Hudson valley ufo sightings.

Multiple people saw a large triangular object silently flying overhead and hovering in place over multiple nights.

the other thread sceptics at the time explained it away as being a group of microlight pilots known as the stormville flyers who risked life and limb by only flying at night in close formation and in complete silence despite the fact there is no evidence of any such group ever existing or taking off and landing at nearby airports.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

not tellin anyone what to do but lmao for the new posters please be aware that the CIA has their fingerprints all over the gateway tapes. i dont think its gonna sirhan sirhan anyone itt but just be aware of the provenance

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

mr_jolly posted:

Randomly thought of one of my favourite ufo flaps earlier which was the Hudson valley ufo sightings.

Multiple people saw a large triangular object silently flying overhead and hovering in place over multiple nights.

the other thread sceptics at the time explained it away as being a group of microlight pilots known as the stormville flyers who risked life and limb by only flying at night in close formation and in complete silence despite the fact there is no evidence of any such group ever existing or taking off and landing at nearby airports.

It's a pretty standard skeptic tactic: This one sighting among many could possibly be explained by a hypothetical and exceptionally unusual occurrence so therefore every other sighting from the same flap must be explicable by the same thing, even though said thing happening once is highly improbable and multiple instances are themselves just as improbable individually but because one has a theoretically possible explanation we don't need to investigate anything else.

inchworm
Jun 23, 2023

WEH posted:

not tellin anyone what to do but lmao for the new posters please be aware that the CIA has their fingerprints all over the gateway tapes. i dont think its gonna sirhan sirhan anyone itt but just be aware of the provenance

the first thing i saw about gateway tapes was the CIA doc and it immediately set off alarms, but ive no idea if there's any connections with monroe and the CIA or anything like that

i dunno a lot about it in general to be honest, is it a guided meditation with binaural beats mixed in or is there more to it than that?

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Andy Pandy posted:

I came across an interesting conversation between two users on Fark.com of all places, who appear to be "insiders", talking guardedly about several top secret projects and some related physics papers.

If that sounds dumb, I agree, but this conversation took place in 2004 when the internet was a bit different, and people were perhaps less careful than they are now.

The thread starts with some vague rumour about space laser weapons/platforms. There are a bunch of shitposts that kinda peter out, and towards the end of the thread these two users realise they both have TS clearances and are working on similar projects, and they begin to carefully chat about a few things they have seen.

I've edited the posts a bit to cut out some irrelevant chat, and bolded some interesting parts.

They start off talking about space laser weapon defense systems:

-------

And here the thread just kinda ends. If you want to check out the whole thing it's here, interesting stuff starts on page 6:

https://www.fark.com/comments/1203844/US-to-put-weapons-in-space-Mars-attacks-surrenders

I'm not presenting this as fact, but I do think the tic-tac was US tech, and it's pretty funny that this conversation took place in the same week as the Nimitz encounter.

Andy Pandy posted:

lmao this gets better.

I dug up his ATS username (Bedlam) and there are some further interesting details. Turns out the Fark user "erewhon" was used by 3 different people but seems like most of it was him.

These comments are from 2013:

---

There are also some links to other remaining Fark threads with some random interesting posts. Again, these are from 2004. This one is about the rumoured "Aurora" vehicle:

This one might seem familiar to anyone who watched that Why Files episode about the "spinning mercury" ARVs:

-----

And here is some interesting stuff:

This one is loving wild:

LARP or not, I love it.

Quoting this for my own post history cause it was awesome the first time around and is still awesome now

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Bilirubin posted:

lol your accounts are old enough to drink

I don't like this because I've been here since 2002

Lokar
Mar 10, 2006

WEH posted:

so isn't the backstory that it was effective so that's why the CIA was using and investigating it? Then they abandoned the project (or at least said they did) since they couldn't use it for murdering and stealing state secrets?

Monroe came up with the project. I get being cautious about this, and obviously it is up to the individual to make their own choices, but a tool's worth says less about its origin and association more about the personal users experience and intent. LSD came from the CIA, but Ram Dass didn't seem like an effective asset?

A lot of tech bro assholes are also into meditation recently, but that shouldn't discount the practice.

Lokar has issued a correction as of 22:54 on Jul 31, 2023

Human.Frank
Jun 2, 2022
Bob Bigelow has done a couple of new interviews with Mishlove that are pretty good if you like Old White Men talk! Nothing in here about the recent hearings but Bigelow gives his perspective on a lot of things throughout his career. It's good background noise while you wait for your Tarot draw.

The Making of a Paranormal Investigator with Robert Bigelow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkO3DGVQhtc

Space Exploration with Robert Bigelow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ca9uBRoOZL4

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Lokar posted:

so isn't the backstory that it was effective so that's why the CIA was using and investigating it? Then they abandoned the project (or at least said they did) since they couldn't use it for murdering and stealing state secrets?

Monroe came up with the project. I get being cautious about this, and obviously it is up to the individual to make their own choices, but a tool's worth says less about its origin and association more about the personal users experience and intent. LSD came from the CIA, but Ram Dass didn't seem like an effective asset?

A lot of tech bro assholes are also into meditation recently, but that shouldn't discount the practice.

i just think theres a difference between something as old as meditation and something essentially brand new that also may have been actively assisted in development by the MK ultra guys. do whatcha want, just know where its potentially coming from

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

its probably fine! lots of folks in the thread have done it for years at this point, theres just a lot of new people who might not know

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Human.Frank posted:

Bob Bigelow has done a couple of new interviews with Mishlove that are pretty good if you like Old White Men talk! Nothing in here about the recent hearings but Bigelow gives his perspective on a lot of things throughout his career. It's good background noise while you wait for your Tarot draw.

The Making of a Paranormal Investigator with Robert Bigelow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkO3DGVQhtc

Space Exploration with Robert Bigelow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ca9uBRoOZL4

Oh cool. I don't know what his deal is, but he's part of the reason all of this is happening. He pushed Harry Reid to create that 2017 legislation.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

In the GBS thread someone is going on about how there are never any leaks about reverse engineering programs, so I posted the gov doc from a few pages ago that openly acknowledges UFO reverse engineering programs, but I guess he didn't want to read it. Sorry, can't do more than that lol

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007
fwiw I'm interested in the gateway tapes because of CIA involvement, not in spite of their involvement :tinfoil:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

mediaphage posted:

posting on the barrett’s privateers page

Oh I wish I was in Sherbrooke now

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

D-Pad posted:

It was originally part of the debrief reporting and they corroborated it as part of the original article.

It's worth going back and reading the original debrief reporting on it, as well as the 3 part companion articles where they go into detail about how they corroborated it all to see how much more detail is in there versus what the current mainstream narrative is.

so my read of the debrief story is that the corroborations are of "information grusch provided" without being totally 100% on what information was corroborated, i.e. who was an eyewitness to what. but i'll go back through the companion articles, which i did read when they came out, to make sure on that.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Fitzy Fitz posted:

In the GBS thread someone is going on about how there are never any leaks about reverse engineering programs, so I posted the gov doc from a few pages ago that openly acknowledges UFO reverse engineering programs, but I guess he didn't want to read it. Sorry, can't do more than that lol

theyre only gonna talk about if if they can dEbUnK it with a single google search

several lurkers took in and joked about my james randi pedophile info but the regulars went silent

smelly goblin
Jul 27, 2022
I'm new to SA. How do you get that cool birdwatchers gang tag?

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

smelly goblin posted:

I'm new to SA. How do you get that cool birdwatchers gang tag?

you first have to join the n a n o c h i p gang

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

that’s fine i’ve been vaccinated

smelly goblin
Jul 27, 2022

Oh I'm good then, I got my mrna vaccine.

smelly goblin
Jul 27, 2022

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I found your post & downloaded it. Do you know what page it's on where they openly admit it? Doc big af and I'm scrolling through and confused lmao.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

smelly goblin posted:

I found your post & downloaded it. Do you know what page it's on where they openly admit it? Doc big af and I'm scrolling through and confused lmao.

The document in question is like 18 pages and searchable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smelly goblin
Jul 27, 2022

SKULL.GIF posted:

The document in question is like 18 pages and searchable.

I'm on my phone so I can't search it but I'll just have to wait till I get to my computer