Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Mainwaring posted:

In two different plates? Yes

Perfect, just needed to make sure before wasting dye. Thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

That Little Demon posted:

Perfect, just needed to make sure before wasting dye. Thanks

You can also perma-dye things in the dresser (before or after you put them in), then they'll be that color whenever you add them to a plate.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Yeah if it's an expensive dye, or something you might want to use on multiple plates, you can dye the item before it's in the glamour dresser (or while it's in there) and it will apply that colour by default to any plate you bring it to.

You can take a step farther and dye copies of the same item (even if they're unique) and apply then all around.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Finally found my groove, joining a group specialized in Breaking and Entering peoples homes and doing clandestine gambling and loving all over their houses

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Unless the host is in on it and just playing along to set the scene, that's the sort of thing that could actually get you banned if it got out. I don't know where FF14 in particular draws the line on harassment, but that crosses it for other games I'm familiar with.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Bruceski posted:

Unless the host is in on it and just playing along to set the scene, that's the sort of thing that could actually get you banned if it got out. I don't know where FF14 in particular draws the line on harassment, but that crosses it for other games I'm familiar with.

If you can't tell, I'm joking. I just thought it was funny there is an active breaking and entering scene

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
gently caress... apparently word got out (someone told..?) that I was breaking into peoples homes and jizzing all their Mog and Tonberry furniture when they weren't looking. the FF14 CSI Team ran a blacklight on Gob W23 - 13 and found semen basically covering the entire house....and now I'm on a 6 hour timeout from the game

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

gently caress... apparently word got out (someone told..?) that I was breaking into peoples homes and jizzing all their Mog and Tonberry furniture when they weren't looking. the FF14 CSI Team ran a blacklight on Gob W23 - 13 and found semen basically covering the entire house....and now I'm on a 6 hour timeout from the game
"What are they going to do, ban me?" - quote from man banned.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

GilliamYaeger posted:

"What are they going to do, ban me?" - quote from man banned.

They shouldn't have lockpicking as a skill if they don't like it

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!
ARR Hildy was pretty solid but wayyy too long and had some slow moments. HW was good, but I'm finishing up StB Hildibrand now and god drat it's on a whole 'nother level. The dialogue options alone are just so good.

Two favorite moments have been "I, uh... have a gambling problem. Love the horsebirds. Lost my last gil on Kweh Rhapsody" and "Plot-relevant gloves"

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

reversefungi posted:

"Plot-relevant gloves"

"If they weren't important, you wouldn't be able to interact with them."

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Finally found my groove, joining a group specialized in Breaking and Entering peoples homes and doing clandestine gambling and loving all over their houses

lmfao

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

this reminds me, my FC's house has a bed positioned inside a bath. it's been designated our official drowning spot

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
I decided to make a thread in IZ to catalog my roleplaying exploits since I expect many of you to be the person who tells the teacher they forgot to assign homework

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

anything to help people remember to put their tank stance back on

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I had to drop a "stance?" in party chat last night and felt like I was being rude even though I was actively pulling mobs off the tank and getting murdered

PROTIP: if you're tanking multiple sets of Deep Dungeon floors as a fixed party, your stance will turn off between floor sets, so please turn it back on before the DPS gets pasted in a team fight

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
I've been grinding roulettes to finish out 90 and boy loving howdy it's impressive how blatant no tank stance is, i go in with some phlegma balls and why do i have seven red dots on my screen, tank where are you, stop running your style chain on that one mob, help

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!
I appreciate how obvious it is when it's off, I've been finally leveling some tanks after avoiding it for a while and I think only once so far have I forgotten stance and it was activated within the first pull

Sage + forgetting to Kardia on the other hand, that feels even more embarrassing for some reason and isn't as obvious :doh:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i compulsively re-kardia in dungeons because ive gotten loving owned by it before and there's really no downside to spamming it a bit if you're a little frazzled and some people may have died

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Just remember to kardia the tank who's actually tanking in trials. I had someone say "odd, you're a lot harder to heal than most tanks" to me once.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Bruceski posted:

Just remember to kardia the tank who's actually tanking in trials. I had someone say "odd, you're a lot harder to heal than most tanks" to me once.

Kardia designates the main tank, it is up to them to adjust. :colbert:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Relyssa posted:

Kardia designates the main tank, it is up to them to adjust. :colbert:

Diagnoses, surely. :eng101:

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Kyrosiris posted:

Diagnoses, surely. :eng101:

drat, that's better.

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!
Haima have to agree on that one :q:

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

That's actually kinda hilarious, and a good way to see the effort random people put in. I always feel a bit weird just walking into someone's house to look at how they've decorated it, but if they didn't set it private and have a guestbook, they're clearly okay with it. B&E clothing-optional RP is more on the iffy side, but personally I wouldn't chase a gaggle of nudists out of my bathhouse unless they were ERPing in /say.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

My house is locked and also in the middle of nowhere, but I have an outdoor bathhouse in my yard, and I think if I showed up and people were in it I'd just be like "cool, have fun guys" and go in to craft or whatever

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

Relyssa posted:

drat, that's better.

They have doodles for the other roles too.

(Also, once you get used to Sage it's not a bad idea to get into the habit of moving Kardia sometimes, rather than just picking a main tank and calling it good for the duty. It's a big, free heal-over-time that you can shift around without interrupting your Dosis casts. You will occasionally want it on a near-dead DPS for a bit instead of a healthy tank)

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Really healers should coordinate how they split up their heals before they go into an 8 man to prevent overhealing and running out of mana. Which is to say, moving Kardia is fine, as long as your other healer isn't relying on those heals.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
if i move kardia i always keep an ogcd up for the tank in case i Critically Mis-Assessed The Situation

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I decided to make a thread in IZ to catalog my roleplaying exploits since I expect many of you to be the person who tells the teacher they forgot to assign homework

bookmarked, rated 5

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Something I keep seeing new sages do, even at level 90, is seeing that another sage put Kardia on the main tank, so they put theirs on the off-tank instead. Kardia is not like dance partner! It's effect stacks just fine; it's cool and good to double it up on the main tank.

That said, there's several level 90 duties where both tanks are taking auto-attacks, in which case yeah, it's a good idea to have one Kardia on each of them.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Just had the thought to Kardia the other sage and become green dps

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
someone help me get 100 million gil to buy a large house and run a Yazuka 7 style hostess club. I don't want to do this wack rear end hero of light poo poo lmfao

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

someone help me get 100 million gil to buy a large house and run a Yazuka 7 style hostess club. I don't want to do this wack rear end hero of light poo poo lmfao

:sam:

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Duodecimal
Dec 28, 2012

Still stupid
Where is the rest of that?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Back in HW when I started I was the guy queueing for ARR EXs for three hours in the duty finder. I feel seen.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Duodecimal posted:

Where is the rest of that?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Wow, I also have Light Rampant PTSD! Double seen!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

completionist reporting in