Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

erosion posted:

I guess I missed a page or two, is he seriously backtracking?

My guess is that it's referring to having to take the sign down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

the scab writers are a real cut below standards. this whole month was just a filler episode, and now we're just reverting to the status quo

gamer roomie is 41
May 3, 2020

:)
Somebody made a long post a few pages back about the stupidity of throwing away an entrenched globally recognized brand, and part of it was about how the little bird icon was always on every site’s Mount Sharemore roster, and how X wouldn’t automatically keep their seat at that table. Well I saw it with my own eyes today, the marketing and communications people in charge of what ends up on our well-known site and socials removed Twitter from the list “temporarily” (aka it will never come back because that’s how it works here).

It was interesting hearing the reasoning after spending so much time in this thread. Basically while they don’t have the very online Musk-specific hatred that we do, they really hate wasting time and they hate uncertainty. Too many dumb email chains about what to do after the whole verification system changes, too many risk/reward calculations after hearing that they were allowing more “controversial” content, and now the X thing. They just said pull it and are going to make a final “follow us on these [non-twitter] platforms for the latest updates!” Tweet at some point. They’re not even going to do any automated scheduling. Reverting the rebrand won’t make a difference to anyone at my company - they just no longer consider twitter to be a factor in any comms work anymore. I’m not even sure if it was a major driver of valuable interactions before but it almost didn’t matter because popular knowledge across multiple industries was just to factor twitter into your strategy. Not really my field but that’s always the sense I got. It’s hilarious that Elon managed to undo that in such a short time lol what a dork

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Mordiceius posted:

My guess is that it's referring to having to take the sign down.

Yeah, I'm guessing it's just about the sign, but I always wouldn't put it past him to immediately force all his workers to put the twitter name back on everything after they've already changed it to X.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
The branding is wrong and his av is wrong in the image.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

gamer roomie is 41 posted:

Somebody made a long post a few pages back about the stupidity of throwing away an entrenched globally recognized brand, and part of it was about how the little bird icon was always on every site’s Mount Sharemore roster, and how X wouldn’t automatically keep their seat at that table. Well I saw it with my own eyes today, the marketing and communications people in charge of what ends up on our well-known site and socials removed Twitter from the list “temporarily” (aka it will never come back because that’s how it works here).

It was interesting hearing the reasoning after spending so much time in this thread. Basically while they don’t have the very online Musk-specific hatred that we do, they really hate wasting time and they hate uncertainty. Too many dumb email chains about what to do after the whole verification system changes, too many risk/reward calculations after hearing that they were allowing more “controversial” content, and now the X thing. They just said pull it and are going to make a final “follow us on these [non-twitter] platforms for the latest updates!” Tweet at some point. They’re not even going to do any automated scheduling. Reverting the rebrand won’t make a difference to anyone at my company - they just no longer consider twitter to be a factor in any comms work anymore. I’m not even sure if it was a major driver of valuable interactions before but it almost didn’t matter because popular knowledge across multiple industries was just to factor twitter into your strategy. Not really my field but that’s always the sense I got. It’s hilarious that Elon managed to undo that in such a short time lol what a dork

I'm removing the corporate Twitter link from my email signature. Wonder if anyone will notice.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
Welp looks like the bird's back. Still not going back to using your dumb poo poo, Elmo.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
The tweet isn't even on his timeline.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/x/status/1686220344040828928
(X taking legal action against the Centre for Countering Digital Hate- a non-profit)

“Reporting negatively on us is equivalent to suppression of free speech”, says organisation in full control of everything that is posted on their own platform.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Durzel posted:

(X taking legal action against the Centre of Countering Digital Hate- a non-profit)

“Reporting negatively on us is equivalent to suppression of free speech”, says organisation in full control of everything that is posted on their own platform.

Link to the read more blog post:
https://blog.twitter.com/en_us/topics/company/2023/a-new-era-of-transparency-for-twitter1

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Thanks. It’s 05:40 here and I’m on my phone. Bit of a pain trying to create screenshots.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

kazil posted:

lol you mean like this?

FEW understand this but elon was making a powerful jab here. the "she" is of course former speaker of the house nancy pelosi. he is commenting that the rhetoric coming from jeffries is substantially similar to that used by pelosi.

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo

This has been my ringtone for years and now, having to buy a new phone, I don't want to lose it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZT9DST_M_g8&t=44s

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

So did he take his X and go home yet? hah i love the idea of him failing at the X rollout and his boys whining how the world isnt prepared for his genius and sacrifice

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo
I'm amazed they didn't have the SWAT team go in there ahead of the city engineers. What a moron!

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
Yeah idk I was seeing embedded posts with the Twitter Bird for an hour but now it's back to the dumb X. Dunno if it's some strange thing on my end or what.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

Plan R posted:

Are we really living this?

yes. let that sink in

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo

DeeplyConcerned posted:

yes. let that sink in

I'm scared, hold me!

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
I feel like filing a lawsuit against an organization named the "Center for Countering Digital Hate" is one of those things that should make a sane person stop and have an "Are we the baddies?" moment. But, well, Elmo.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Durzel posted:

(X taking legal action against the Centre for Countering Digital Hate- a non-profit)

You guys literally took peoples handles away from them.

What the gently caress freedom of speech do you have if you don’t even get to keep your own goddamn name?

Even the people that pay eight dollars a month aren’t buying this poo poo in the comments lol

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The Grimace posted:

Yeah idk I was seeing embedded posts with the Twitter Bird for an hour but now it's back to the dumb X. Dunno if it's some strange thing on my end or what.
this is why internet rollouts need to be handled by an actual team - there'll be a bunch of distribution caches and stuff like that which only come on when needed that'll still have all the old assets and such.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

Plan R posted:

I'm scared, hold me!

me too. hodling

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Is Musk's relationship with Grimes based on him stealing her tweet?

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
remember the twenty pages where everybody here said "rocko's modern basilisk?" because i remember

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 31 hours!

Lazy_Liberal posted:

remember the twenty pages where everybody here said "rocko's modern basilisk?" because i remember

yep, i met several of my husbands and wives thanks to that

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Zesty posted:

They both came up with the same joke after he read her joke and repeated it, yes

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

It’s pretty fitting that both of them meeting was due to both of them making the same insufferable joke.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

guys it's so much more normal and sadder than that

in grime's double video for 'flesh without blood/life in the vivid dream' she appears as multiple personas, one of which is a rococo-dressed character who is stabbed at the end of the first video and wanders tortured in the second, the "vivid dream", and is credited at the end as 'rococo basilisk'.
he told her that she had made a great roko's basilisk pun and that tiny amount of validation impressed her enough to date him.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Durzel posted:

Here's the org's reply

https://counterhate.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/Letter-to-A.-Spiro-from-R.-Kaplan-re-CCDH.pdf

lifetime supply of Pocky
Aug 19, 2003

their reply shoulda been this https://news.lettersofnote.com/p/very-truly-yours

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.

and that was the last time Browns fans did anything irresponsible in the stadium

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Zesty posted:

Just to labour the point I made before, look at how the Wiki page has two separate entries for social media statements:

Grimes "said via Instagram"

Grimes "tweeted"

A single word to let the reader know that a public post was made on the internet website Twitter. No footnote or explanation given, because the knowledge is assumed. Even the encyclopedia assumes you know what it means. Incredible levels of public branding, now gone.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Escape From Noise posted:

Is Elon advocating flag burning?

Think about it! Blaze=set on fire, glory=Old Glory i.e. The American flag! :911:

flag burning is the proper way to dispose of a flag per the flag rules

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

I feel like filing a lawsuit against an organization named the "Center for Countering Digital Hate" is one of those things that should make a sane person stop and have an "Are we the baddies?" moment. But, well, Elmo.

Well, and obviously this doesn't apply to the CCDH, reactionary rear end in a top hat groups can and do give themselves benevolent sounding names as well.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Zesty posted:

:lol:

Oh yeah Roco Basilisk and Roccoco, hilarious poo poo yeah

...how are both of these people utterly insufferable? Holy God drat poo poo were they designed in a lab in Johannesburg?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

The Awesomesaurus posted:

It’s pretty fitting that both of them meeting was due to both of them making the same insufferable joke.

...Is it even a joke?

That reads like the most pretentious loving art major in the world's high thoughts at 3am

Like holy poo poo they are both horrifically unfunny people

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

TulliusCicero posted:

...Is it even a joke?

That reads like the most pretentious loving art major in the world's high thoughts at 3am

Like holy poo poo they are both horrifically unfunny people

That's what she said :elon::elon:

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

...! posted:

That's what she said :elon::elon:

NERV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands