Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Lib and let die posted:

don't loving get me started on aspca

direct mail campaign of pictures of cute kittens and puppies each with a different amount of days until they are gassed by the shelter unless a funding target is hit

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

yeah, the whole charitable/political exploitation of empathetic olds is really sad to see happen in realtime. :-/

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
gently caress the ASPCA it's a scam "raising awareness" charity that just pays big salaries and doesn't distribute money to shelters

Donate to local shelters directly if you feel sad for aminals

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

VitalSigns posted:

I wish I lived in this fantasy America where protest was legal until Jan 6 2021 broke with history and set a precedent for criminalizing protest for the very first time.

Instead of real America where Ken State and Birmingham Jail happened, oh and Blair Mountain and the MOVE bombing, oh and don't forget when Debs and a bunch of other people went to prison 100 years ago for handing out pamphlets against the draft

no you see the real struggle is policing your own emotional responses regarding the state security apparatus

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Willa Rogers posted:

yeah, the whole charitable/political exploitation of empathetic olds is really sad to see happen in realtime. :-/

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

spacemang_spliff posted:

gently caress the ASPCA it's a scam "raising awareness" charity that just pays big salaries and doesn't distribute money to shelters

Always, always, ALWAYS donate to local chapters. I'll shy away from naming specific names but there's a national pro-choice organization that's notorious for union busting when state level branches try to unionize

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Lib and let die posted:

there's a national pro-choice organization that's notorious for union busting when state level branches try to unionize

this sounds like most of them

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

EMILY's list sending its cash to antiabortion dems is one hell of a bit

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Lib and let die posted:

Always, always, ALWAYS donate to local chapters. I'll shy away from naming specific names but there's a national pro-choice organization that's notorious for union busting when state level branches try to unionize

Plant Perón Who'd

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Willa Rogers posted:

Plant Perón Who'd

:iiam:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Willa Rogers posted:

a new one to me this last go round with my folks was physically mass-mailing seniors some change (so like, 36 cents or something, in an envelope) along with a kind of weird exhortation to repay the kindness?? like wtf is going on. absolute abuse and in a real society the people who come up with this sort of targeted poo poo would be lit on fire in the public square

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

i measure economy by trains

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

The seminal events of Joe Bidens presidency will follow the word 'Niger' appearing on his teleprompter

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
i was a stupid kid who asked around how to properly pronounce Niger

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

it's entrapment

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Senators Warren & Graham Want To Create New Online Speech Police Commission

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Democrats and Republicans reaching across the aisle for the important issues: enriching the already-rich.

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

Lib and let die posted:

Hey now I'm not outright evil

Just...the assholes who pay me are.
fun story from when i briefly worked at a call center

i knew i had a random managerial shadowing coming up soon but not exactly when

figured it out real quick when i got a guy on the phone who had just been discharged from the va with a head injury

rear end man jumped out of his seat to snatch my headset before i let that golden goose fly away

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

The reason people with degrees are less racist isn't because college teaches you to be less racist, but because you end up meeting a lot of people who aren't like you while you're studying.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

spacemang_spliff posted:

100% of "awareness" charities are scams to trick charity navigator and the like. Because then you can say that everything you are spending is going towards its stated goal. Livestrong flying Lance Armstrong around the country to attend bike races? Well, that is raising awareness of cancer.

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

No, Elizabeth Warren does NOT take Risperdal

(USER WAS SENTENCED TO 46 YEARS IN PRISON FOR THIS POST)

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Willa Rogers posted:

ime it's the olds (80+) most inclined to get snowed by the lib fundraising, to the point where I think it's elder abuse to hit them up (bc it's so successful).

I'm sure there's a my-pillow flip side but I've seen elder relatives & clients fall for the lib appeals.

my dad (r.i.p.) as a lobbyist just went for the golf fundraisers that (back in the day) could be converted to personal funds once the state pols retired, and at least got a golf game & drinks out of it.

yo willa can i hold 20 ill hit you back on the first

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Noahpinion/status/1686213390358937600

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

- a dude who works for a 81 year old oligarch

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Thats not better!

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Don't worry all the policy is written by unelected trust fund kids and their lobbyist friends who you can't ever vote out! I mean "the youth" run the country.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I wonder who tells them what policy to write :thunk:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

that seems worse actually.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lib and let die posted:

it's planned Parenthood right. They just laid off a shitload of people recently, blaming the fjrings on roe v Wade being overturned and just by coincidence most of the people laid off were their union staff.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

In Training posted:

it's planned Parenthood right. They just laid off a shitload of people recently, blaming the fjrings on roe v Wade being overturned and just by coincidence most of the people laid off were their union staff.

pp rolled over and stopped gender affirming care in FL without a fight once desantis started his culture war bs. not sure the status since judges have been poking holes continuously in his legislative bullying. totally useless lib poo poo leadership over a support network comprised of underpaid people who mostly care. one of those places where the dreaded idpol tankies hate intersects. actually, :guillotine: ing the rich helps trans people too

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

whoa, the country is on autopilot because it's actually run by a cadre of unelected 20 something technocrats? oh cool so i guess everyone freaked out about trump for nothing, he was never really in charge. also no need to ever vote again i guess.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/ComradeStu/status/1686332796170600448?t=Ol0hqQFLd_KTuzsji0r-PQ&s=19

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

is pepsi ok posted:

whoa, the country is on autopilot because it's actually run by a cadre of unelected 20 something technocrats? oh cool so i guess everyone freaked out about trump for nothing, he was never really in charge. also no need to ever vote again i guess.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
pp rolled over for desantis and quit all gender affirming care in fl. pp leadership along with the HRC are all terminally lib and useless. support staff in clinics still care but hands are tied in many cases by leadership unwilling to risk a fight.

it’s one of those places the dreaded idpol that cis straight tankies hate intersects with class. :guillotine: ing the rich solves a lot of this poo poo and makes it possible to address the rest

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lmao

"I hate communists why are all these nazis agreeing with me"

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

who pays this guy btw

like, his shtick is "stats wonk who primarily puts out fun facts showing that the status quo is actually just fine and there's no reason whatsoever to be upset with anyone in power right now", no way he's actually just an independent blogger

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I know this isn't the Pedo Noah, but I can't get over that there's two Noahs on political twitter and they both are extremely bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Chinese Eunuchs running the empire.

What could go wrong?