Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Pellisworth posted:

lmao now I understand the hate for cold enchanted elites after playing wt4 for a bit

drat near all the elites I've fought today (wt2) were either cold enchanted, a loving teleporter, or both!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Captain Monkey posted:

I'm talking about Warcraft, the game before StarCraft, not WoW. I never really played wow and can't speak to it. Before wow there was a game just called Warcraft, wow is based on it's theme.

Ah, yeah I never got to experience War2 over Kali so I have no idea how stable it was. WC3 would be my first internet-played Warcraft and it was fine. The small number of players in strategy games would still be an order of magnitude (or two) below a WoW zone.

I think D4 could probably handle it just like WoW (or Everquest... or pretty much any MMO I'd imagine) and just be looser with the sync or load in lower-detail models. Then you wouldn't see everyone's purchased cosmetics, though, and I'd imagine that's a big no-no.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Holy poo poo the "A Series of Steps" sidequest (Taissa's sidequest chain) was actually pretty drat cool and you get to fight Andariel again. More of the sidequests should have been like that.

Shrimp or Shrimps fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Aug 1, 2023

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)

Pellisworth posted:

lmao now I understand the hate for cold enchanted elites after playing wt4 for a bit

There is 0 reason cold enchanted should be a loving stun.
Especially one that has no DR

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Morbus posted:

It's at least every other day that I get some huge persistent lag issue and think to myself "jesus I'm never trying hardcore with this poo poo"

I have some pretty gnarly footage on PS5 from yesterday of this rubberbanding problem, and thought exactly the same thing. I was going back and forth over and over while casting my ultimate multiple times in a row fruitlessly. Hardcore is a hard no with always-online. You just can't trust the servers to maintain 100% all of the time.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
warcraft 3 was really good and I'm irrationally annoyed at having to install the entire remaster to be able to play it even though I own the original

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
been running some more NMD. i don’t really get rubberbanding except when i do sarats lair. i wonder if it has something to do with that being one of the most farmed/reset dungeons

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I haven't noticed much rubberbanding in the overworld in general but 100% of the time that I hop on a horse and leave town it goes absolutely apeshit and whenever I see someone riding a horse in the overworld the horse is invisible and they are sort of stuttering around riding their invisible horse and it is pretty funny but i'm still not comfortable trying out hardcore with crossplay on

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

harrygomm posted:

been running some more NMD. i don’t really get rubberbanding except when i do sarats lair. i wonder if it has something to do with that being one of the most farmed/reset dungeons

Nightmare dungeons are instanced so you're not meeting other players and loading their seasonal underwear, so that just might general server performance issues?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I have been trying to run fire sorcerer in season because I hate fun I guess. Only today with an exceptionally well-rolled Staff of Endless Rage did it really come together.

You can't really run full fire in the way you can run full lightning or full ice, because while those are also theme picks, they also have access to stun/freeze/vuln. Fire gets consistent access to burning and immobilization, neither of which is as good as lightning/ice side kits. Immobile is even somewhat difficult to proc unless you are playing meteor, and it doesn't really stop most monsters from doing stuff. Meanwhile, a lightning sorcerer gets to autokill bosses with stun and all the +% they can layer on the damage at that point.

The ice and lightning ultimates/final passives are generally way better.

I was running incinerate for a while, which is pretty satisfying, but unless you are really well-geared it does very little. The other elements are not very gear-dependent, and besides that their legendaries are almost all way better. Now with the staff I am back to maining Fireball and clearing content pretty fast with chained explosions.

And of course on sorcerer you will probably want at least three cooldowns as both panic buttons and combo builders, so ultimately every sorcerer plays pretty samey.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

I am finally clad in semi good ancestral gear and 100% ready to receive temerity pants any minute now

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Barber messed with on hit effects like that pretty badly yeah, it's something you have to watch out for if your build has a lot of those because it can almost tank it.

It doesn't affect either of the lucky hit passives necros have. Not sure about other classes

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Vic posted:

Nightmare dungeons are instanced so you're not meeting other players and loading their seasonal underwear, so that just might general server performance issues?

oh are they? maybe it’s just confirmation bias on my end. the blizzard traceroute thing doesn’t ever show anything on my pc so i guess that’s the most likely explanation. word for that to be happening now

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

harrygomm posted:

Right outside of popular dungeons it is a lagfest, sarats lair is really popular and outside of it its really laggy but inside is fine. It was the same when everyone ran ruins of eridu, sometimes you would barely be able to enter the dungeon due to all the lag.

Snorri
Apr 23, 2002

odinson posted:

Not sure how often the d4 armory updates, but it looks like you're running the Poisonslide build without the Subterranean aspect. Lose the hunter's zentith for that. It is super clutch.
Using the ultimate ---> Pull distant enemies Heart with no ultimate. Swap hurricane for cata/petrify. Trample will cast hurricane for free a lot of the time, so you can even throw a couple points in it for the modifiers if you want and not even have it on your hotbar

I never got a good crone staff, so I used a 2hander the whole time. 1h / totem is also viable and has better cooldown and another offensive aspect.

I only put on the bear uniques for the world boss cause it does a little bit of extra damage, but it is not really worth the DR loss imo. You can get stupid tanky. I was doing +5-10 lvl 4man NMDS and playing super loose without issue. Had +health on 2 or 3 items (depending on the set up) and would literally dive in everywhere. blood howl is also good in the ultimate slot if you feel ya need it.

Retaliation, Natural Balance, Ballistic, Might, and Mending Stone are all great aspects to consider over the werebear pieces.

Crone staff version: https://dpscheck.gg/poison-slide-druid-plague-shifter-wt4/ and https://d4builds.gg/builds/739c6f07-458e-4961-8bec-b86c5f37a12a/
1h: https://d4builds.gg/builds/e1f41939-adc5-4ef2-a602-22667611a0fa/
2h: https://d4builds.gg/builds/11cbced4-f4f7-49e5-a0b6-8d5bce38ae1b/

Hit 100 last night and didn't get Tempest Roar till 98. Glad I saw this build and its potential all the way through before I mess around with wolf shenanigans.

Subterranean, that is what I was missing! I had it on a piece of equipment, but during swapping "upgrades" around, I forgot to put it back on; thanks! I leveled a small amount last night attempting to hit lvl73 so I can gamble for a new amulet and finish swapping aspects around, but didn't quite make it. Once I hit 73 and swap out the amulet, then I can put a 150% value 6x Landslide aspect on it, and raise the stats I am low on (crit chance, crit dmg, vuln dmg, and all flavors of DR). I am holding on to the werebear equipment for the moment as I don't have proper upgrades...I also think they are fun, haha.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Barber messed with on hit effects like that pretty badly yeah, it's something you have to watch out for if your build has a lot of those because it can almost tank it.

Yeah it's somewhat ruined my build that I had going so far, didn't realize how much mana I was regen from these hits on frozen or w.e I was doing now I'm starved all the time.

Strange tradeoff because I completed a tier 35 at level 64 which is pretty good at the moment but it felt alot worse than just doing 25s without the barber. Will have to dig into what I can do about mana to see if I can keep using it.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Tarnop posted:

It doesn't affect either of the lucky hit passives necros have. Not sure about other classes

I *think* Lucky Hit is okay with Barber, it's more stuff like "vs. Vulnerable Target" or "vs. Bleeding Target" or "vs. CC'ed Target" or whatever. When a monster gets effected by the Barber debuff, it's not really taking damage for those 2-4 seconds which means some of those on hit effects stop working.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
it would be good if they never did anything like barber again, taking away other people's damage is a step too far

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
I've just leveled up this paragon glyph to level 15 and then a unique drops which lets me do another, more powerful build... but it requires completely different paragon boards and glyphs :negative:

It's so cumbersome to change build

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Paragon and aspects make it hard to change builds while limited stash makes it harder to have alts :o

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

supremely fuckin disappointed that getting +levels to the thorns passive on my amulet only increases the flat thorns and not the amount of thorns per max health

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Ice Spikes not hitting monsters at close range is messing with me way more than I thought it would lol

This can't be intended, right?

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Collapsing Farts posted:

I've just leveled up this paragon glyph to level 15 and then a unique drops which lets me do another, more powerful build... but it requires completely different paragon boards and glyphs :negative:

It's so cumbersome to change build

I believe the term you're searching for is investment. It's good that you can't play that other thing. This is your opportunity to spend all that time again leveling another character of the same class so that you can use that new build!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Leveling a glyph is pretty minor in terms of raw power numbers. Swapping out the board shouldn’t take longer than it took for you to make that post complaining about it.

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy

American McGay posted:

Leveling a glyph is pretty minor in terms of raw power numbers. Swapping out the board shouldn’t take longer than it took for you to make that post complaining about it.

Are you a Blizzard employee?

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Posting is a fun and rewarding activity

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

American McGay posted:

90% of the time you need 15lvl glyph to meet the ability node quotas and double up on the bonuses of the glyph on the paragon table. These are pretty huge in terms of character power.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Tarnop posted:

Posting is a fun and rewarding activity

Not as fun as clicking 225 paragon board points for the third time.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Stupid zoom level grinding my gears.

Sorc has some decent Dr stacking with 25 percent in your blizz and 25 percent against crowd controlled enemies, I feel powerful in combat, these do nothing for the no scope corpse bow off screen and that doesn't feel like a good game

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

flashman posted:

Stupid zoom level grinding my gears.

Sorc has some decent Dr stacking with 25 percent in your blizz and 25 percent against crowd controlled enemies, I feel powerful in combat, these do nothing for the no scope corpse bow off screen and that doesn't feel like a good game

Blizzard's never going to change it as long as they're supporting previous-gen consoles with crossplay and updates

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Mr. Pickles posted:

90% of the time you need 15lvl glyph to meet the ability node quotas and double up on the bonuses of the glyph on the paragon table. These are pretty huge in terms of character power.

i dunno about other classes but this isnt true for necro. a lot of clutch glyphs get much more powerful with levelling but you can find a board that allows a glyph to proc its enhanced ability very easily without the extended range

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Tiny Timbs posted:

Blizzard's never going to change it as long as they're supporting previous-gen consoles with crossplay and updates

It is the number one problem with playing ranged chars and very annoying it won't be fixed. Third party will fix I'd say

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Mechafunkzilla posted:

I think I'm done with the season, the hearts I want aren't dropping and I've gotten extremely bored

poo poo! Gotta slow down the game to make this guy stay longer.

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

Is there a difference in stat rolls between a sacred item and an ancestral item if they have the same item power?

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Hmm the spend all mana at once wrathful sort of stinks, low damage boost and it shoots them in a spread.

Between worlds here now because my build to this point relied on hits to vuln for mana and it doesn't work with barber, but the damage is so good.

Perhaps I'll respec to some sort of meteor/blizz hybrid and go back to barber again and see if I can sort out the mana issues.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Do you need to unequip Ursine Horror to get the damage increase on Insatiable Fury on pulverize?

Jaytan
Dec 14, 2003

Childhood enlistment means fewer birthdays to remember

Enigma posted:

Is there a difference in stat rolls between a sacred item and an ancestral item if they have the same item power?

No. Anecdotally, I’ve seen a 700 sacred rare with only 3 affixes, but I don’t think I’ve seen an ancestral without four.

flashman posted:

It is the number one problem with playing ranged chars and very annoying it won't be fixed. Third party will fix I'd say

No way they won’t hand out bans to anyone using a third party tool to zoom the camera out.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I think ancestral can upgrade another tier?

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
So i'm not loving twisting blades on my rogue, just not meshing after I was a bonespear previously.

What are some other fun builds for someone who is level 30 and has very little free time to play!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Jaytan posted:

No way they won’t hand out bans to anyone using a third party tool to zoom the camera out.

Weiners, would be worth it to play a season zoomed out anyway. Single player game with arbitrary rules lol