Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

.random
May 7, 2007

Is “shirk from responsibility” standard English? I’ve only ever heard “shirk responsibility,” but I guess it can work if you choose to define shirk more as “escape” rather than “evade?”

e: vvv :whitewater:

.random fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Aug 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

.random posted:

Is “shirk from responsibility” standard English?

It's.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

:catdrugs:

:staredog:

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

.random posted:

Is “shirk from responsibility” standard English? I’ve only ever heard “shirk responsibility,” but I guess it can work if you choose to define shirk more as “escape” rather than “evade?”

Yes

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Hey, as they say in America, "It's what's".

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
How's the X rebrand going?

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

keep punching joe posted:

How's the X rebrand going?

Seems like the world isn't quite ready for X yet...

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

.random posted:

e: vvv :whitewater:

No shirk is from a swamp in Far, Far, Away

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

They meant "shrink from their responsibilities"

It's like how "gloss over"/"glaze over" have combined their incompatible uses of "over", and "relish" and "revel in" have turned into "relish in"

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

My personal peeve that I see all the time these days is using "renown" as an adjective, presumably because people associate it with "known"

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
It's called Cargo Cult Communication, people are just mimicking phonemes instead of having an understanding of language. Frankly, I could care less about it

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

free hubcaps posted:

My personal peeve that I see all the time these days is using "renown" as an adjective, presumably because people associate it with "known"

Maybe renowned, renown would seem really weird. Haven't seen it used like that myself, at least not yet.

Sentient Data posted:

It's called Cargo Cult Communication, people are just mimicking phonemes instead of having an understanding of language. Frankly, I could care less about it

Well you know what they say, "bone apple teeth"

Grey Cat fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Aug 1, 2023

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

that poo poo's all a feature of language not a bug. if you know what someone is communicating then it was a successful use of language

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Hey, as they say in America, "It's what's".

u mean it's what it's

BastardAus
Jun 3, 2003
Chunder from Down Under

Sentient Data posted:

I could care less about it

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

cumpantry posted:

u mean it's what it's

Sure but if it's what it's, t'follows that it's also what's. I mean it'sn't what'sn't.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Exactly, I care a lot about it, it pisses me off!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Speleothing posted:

He's on K because he asked a doctor to prescribe him K. There's a whole lot of other drugs he could have tried first but this is what he wants.

he's trying to buy A-W, Y-Z

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I think this annoys me more than anything else he's said for some reason. I have no idea why. "WORD FROM SHOW".

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Bad Purchase posted:

the guy in the video would catch a sixer if he posted itt

nonono I was saying "Kill the Boar" :smugbert:

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Roblo posted:

I think this annoys me more than anything else he's said for some reason. I have no idea why. "WORD FROM SHOW".

It struck a nerv, I'd've'd to've said.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Sankis posted:

that poo poo's all a feature of language not a bug. if you know what someone is communicating then it was a successful use of language

Many goon's think this to

BastardAus
Jun 3, 2003
Chunder from Down Under

Sentient Data posted:

Exactly, I care a lot about it, it pisses me off!

You drat right

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

'Tis ne'er e'er o'er, my lo'er of clo'er.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Speleothing posted:

He's on K because he asked a doctor to prescribe him K. There's a whole lot of other drugs he could have tried first but this is what he wants.

Anyway,
unfortunately, i feel Musk is gonna get away with all this poo poo.
He does some 12 year old 'comedy' to create controversy, in the hopes to get in the media.
And it probably worked. And a lot of people already forgot/never knew about the horrible csa.
If celebrities and politicians keep using xitter as their go to platform to announce poo poo, then it's gonna survive.
People are lazy as gently caress and don't feel like switching platforms. Remember google's facebook killer?
The only app that could really make the bulk of people leave is threads, owned by the roman emperor of social media, and is so aggressively bad with privacy and data collection it's not even legal yet in Europe.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you
Can we please stop with the apostrophes now? We get it, English is a stupid language with dumb rules

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I read an article in the Verge about how Yaccarino has apparently "put ad agencies at ease" because she's now CEO and I'm like :psyduck: "my brothers in Christ have you read literally any articles about what Twitter has become?"

Marketers, man.

https://www.theverge.com/2023/7/26/23808331/twitter-x-ads-advertising-incentives-verification-brands

A little while back but was this after the "Elon personally protects sick gently caress" day?

Because holy poo poo

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Nah, advertiser ratings for twitter went up as soon as Yacc took over, despite it being extremely obvious she had nothing to do with any policy. Advertisers really, really want to advertise on Twitter, but don't want any of the flak for it.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Sankis posted:

:wrong:

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Sankis posted:

Arguably true, but even granting that, loving everything up is a sure way for your listeners to NOT be sure what you're actually trying to say

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe
Wait, so he's going back to the bird? Didn't his merry little band of office reavers already paint everything black and remove all of the signage?

what a shitshow

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Pyrtanis posted:

Wait, so he's going back to the bird? Didn't his merry little band of office reavers already paint everything black and remove all of the signage?

what a shitshow

No? It's still X

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Pyrtanis posted:

what a shitshow

now paint it baby blue

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
To announce the unrebrand, Elon should show up at Twitter HQ in a blue big bird suit. Holding a sink. Because that's what she said.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

ryde posted:

Have we discussed Mr. "Any Speech that Is Legal is Allowed" suing researchers who said that hate speech is on the rise on Twitter?

https://apnews.com/article/elon-musk-lawsuit-cchd-twitter-x-hate-speech-extremism-434a80631f9e76833ee30387c04dd290

Because LOL.

Oh yeah, he's totally never going to sue them, but that's not the point.

Someone earlier in the thread pointed out that what he's really doing is telling his followers "These people are bad. Harass them."

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Konar posted:

So grimes is on the "Yes" side of the debate then considering her partner?

"As an attractive white woman born into wealth and privilege, I've never personally experienced discrimination due to my gender or had it negatively influence my life. Therefore there's no real point to feminism."

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Holy poo poo Elon is responding to Coach Red Pill, the guy who is a Putin stooge who was rightfully arrested in the Ukraine for spreading propaganda.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1686373997343383553?s=20

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
is he rating his own incarceration? If so, I agree. 25/25, would incarcerate Gonzalo again.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Just a reminder that Grimes is a nepo loser, and her music sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

ElGroucho posted:

Just a reminder that Grimes is a nepo loser, and her music sucks

Also ate spaghetti for a year and wondered why her hair was falling out.