Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Remember when he carried the company with Jericho and got rewarded with second match on the card at mania

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Remember when he got the rub by losing to Goldberg in 20 seconds

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

yea ok posted:

Remember when he carried the company with Jericho and got rewarded with second match on the card at mania

That match (according to Jericho, anyway) was supposed to be the loving main event for the Universal Title. But they had Goldberg beat Owens and just made both programs significantly worse because now KO/Jericho is the second match for a midcard title and the result of Brock/Goldberg is 100% telegraphed and Goldberg is getting booed now because he went from the cool badass grandpa coming in and Spearing the gently caress outta people to just another part time parachuting in at Mania time to push aside the wrestlers who have the long-term story we're actually invested in.

I will never loving understand why they thought Brock/Goldberg needed a belt on it.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Kevin Owens showing up in AEW: "ooooof, he's got a history of injuries and he's also very out of shape and has to wear a t-shirt to cover up"

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

did he just get gassed running the ropes?? yikes

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Owens vs Jericho main eventing mania would have been dumb as hell.

Owens headlined wrestlemania with his boy Sami, he probably just loves working for WWE, he has been treated like a star there since his main roster debut where he pinned Cena clean during their incredible series of matches

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

of course it would he just got squashed by goldberg

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
In the most unexpected move stakes a match on raw had a Japanese Ocean Cyclone Suplex

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Biscuits and gravy

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Kevin Owens main evented wrestlemania against Stone Cold Steve Austin

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

KungFu Grip posted:

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

He got to literally headbutt Vince McMahon. What a loving legend.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

A shame it didn't finish the job, Vince might have respected him more before succumbing to a blood clot in his forehead.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I would like to see Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens in a good promotion I watch

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Seams posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fJDvY2GF-g

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

The greatest tag team of all time fight some Canadians.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Isn't Owens literally out with an injury right now? He seems like one of the most often injured guys out there, tbqh.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Seams posted:

If they showed up on AEW some fans would scream about how ROH guys should stay on ROH.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DeepDickPizza posted:

Isn't Owens literally out with an injury right now? He seems like one of the most often injured guys out there, tbqh.

None of it shows up on Wiki

(I knew he was resting due to injury currently but Dave said last week it’s minor and he’ll be back soon)

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Seams posted:

Good news, you can watch their long runs in the 2000s US indies very easily

Although maybe less easily now Pivotshare has died, I dunno if Highspots have an alternative streaming platform to easily watch old CZW, IWAMS & PWG

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

kevi no wins
kevin 0 wins
bad Guy to me.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

watched a bit of RAW tonight for the first time in years because it was on at the bar where I met up with some friends and it was a total boondoggle.

Chad Gable (who apparently is regularly called “American Alpha” despite his partner being long gone) and WALTER had a match that was a 5 min time limit for no explained reason and when WALTER threw a tantrum about losing they just… restarted it?

Dom has cute little boots and is trying real hard so that’s endearing I suppose then a cash-in got botched for no reason?

Brock has a cowboy hat and is still going after Cody who somehow looks dumber by the day?

Sami and Seth are a team I guess? Why does Sami have SD and Raw tag titles?

nothing makes sense, everything is way too bright, and I’m not sure why or how folks keep up with any of this mess. bless the wrestlers for trying, I guess.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Is Brock still wearing the duster

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Shinjobi posted:

Biscuits and gravy

For the longest time I thought the lyrics were “Biscuits and gravy, maybe a man”

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Eat My Fuc posted:

Owens headlined wrestlemania with his boy Sami, he probably just loves working for WWE, he has been treated like a star there since his main roster debut where he pinned Cena clean during their incredible series of matches

Go ahead and explain why the program that got the most time on Raw, was the most well-received thing in the company and involved the top championship in the company main eventing Wrestlemania would've been stupid.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Pope Corky the IX posted:

For the longest time I thought the lyrics were “Biscuits and gravy, maybe a man”

loving lol
I can kinda see it, in Festus' case.

Jeroen
Jun 2, 2004
I have been accused of a stalker!
Kevin Owens vs Chris Jericho in Mania's deathslot turned out to be the genesis of All Elite Wrestling's birth.

This has been my head-canon since 2019.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

Owens headlined wrestlemania with his boy Sami

KungFu Grip posted:

*Night 1 of

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
And yeah, like, let's be real here, I liked Owens/Austin and Sasha/Bianca as much as the next guy but Roman and his godawful title reign main evented all of those Wrestlemanias.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

MJeff posted:

Go ahead and explain why the program that got the most time on Raw, was the most well-received thing in the company and involved the top championship in the company main eventing Wrestlemania would've been stupid.

Yeah this should be good!

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

WWE is about moments bud. What’s a bigger Wrestlemania moment, some fat jobber and a cruiserweight from down south resolving their issues, or two titans like the Beast Incarnate Brock Lesnar and GOLDBERG going at it for the biggest prize in sports entertainment on the Grandest Stage of Them All?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Jeroen posted:

Kevin Owens vs Chris Jericho in Mania's deathslot turned out to be the genesis of All Elite Wrestling's birth.

This has been my head-canon since 2019.

It was. It was when Jericho realized he had a ceiling and he wasn't gonna get past it, which made him more hesitant to go back and more willing to do Omega vs. Jericho.

Directly from Jericho's mouth:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1x4ml3CIZQ

MJeff fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Aug 1, 2023

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Dimebags Brain posted:

WWE is about moments bud. What’s a bigger Wrestlemania moment, some fat jobber and a cruiserweight from down south resolving their issues, or two titans like the Beast Incarnate Brock Lesnar and GOLDBERG going at it for the biggest prize in sports entertainment on the Grandest Stage of Them All?

KIDNAPPING JACK BLACK!!

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I'm DN Nation from haughty British wrestling podcast and here's how I'd book KO/Y2J:

KO is champ
Jericho wins Rumble
KO turns on Jericho in the festival of friendship
Jericho says well screw you then I'm going for your title
It main events Mania
Goldberg/Lesnar in the semi-main, just not for the title, which is fine
Jericho wins belt
Jericho squashed by Lesnar at Payback if you must put the belt on Brock

Also I'd make Bray/Orton not be bad. That's important too

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Takes more than booking to make Bray not bad

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Rarity posted:

Takes more than booking to make Bray not bad

Yeah, it takes Mountain Dew and black lights too

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I still can't get over Uncle Howdy looking almost exactly like the villain in The Black Phone and being named after a character in The Exorcist. Bray showing creative genius below your average haunted hay ride.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

A Fancy Hat posted:

I still can't get over Uncle Howdy looking almost exactly like the villain in The Black Phone and being named after a character in The Exorcist. Bray showing creative genius below your average haunted hay ride.

We later found out that the guy who designed the mask for the movie was on “Bray’s creative team” which consists of at least 2 writers and a mask guy lol

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

JUNGLE BOY posted:

We later found out that the guy who designed the mask for the movie was on “Bray’s creative team” which consists of at least 2 writers and a mask guy lol

"Sure, Bray, you need a new mask? Uhhhh, yeah, I can whip something up for you real quick. WWE's paying for this, right?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

A Fancy Hat posted:

I mean, Joker Sting was just the Dark Knight Joker complete with makeup job and lines from the movie. With a dash of Jim Carrey's Mask thrown in.