Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Dell_Zincht posted:

They're right though, China are still clearly losing lol

Eh, can't think of any team that wouldn't celebrate being awarded a pen. Especially as a potential lifeline back into a game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
phwoar

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

bro that volley

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
She's so good

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
england scoring some drat nice goals today

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
loving VAR that

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

LAUREN JAMES PLAYER OF THE TOURNAMENT

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
James is on fire, what a shot

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
lauren > reece

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Holy poo poo that was a volley :psyduck:

Lauren James scoring FIFA goals for funsies.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

a real chump posted:

She's so good

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Shemakes every move look easy

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
2 goals, 2 assists, and a worldie chalked off by var

not a bad evening's work

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost

webmeister posted:

2 goals, 2 assists, and a worldie chalked off by var

not a bad evening's work

She also routinely attracts 2-4 defenders and casually knocks the ball away as if they aren't there.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

omg that keeping

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Err lol

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Whoops

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

another assist for james as well

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Recorded USA portugal, woke up this morning and made sure to not spoiler myself, and regret wasting ~105 minutes of my life on that nonsense.

Sophia smith is awfully quiet in games for someone with a full length TV commercial about how good she is.

Oh well on to groups sans Lavelle so they will definitely get battered by Sweden

JoylessJester
Sep 13, 2012

bad mistake that.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
That was [b]awful[/b]

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Stop, they're already dead

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

a real chump posted:

That was [b]awful[/b]

Nice job

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Let Lauren James get a World Cup Double Triple

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Feel bad for the keeper. Can’t do much about Lauren James but to let yourself get embarrassed like that…

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

what on earth was that
edit; the "drop ball" i mean

another cracking goal

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

THAS SIX

Edit - Seriously, gently caress VAR

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

They are definitely going to VAR that

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Welcome to the ref show

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

WE WANT 7

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Really nice attempt from Qiaozhu there

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Even worse news for China, there's likely to be at least 7 minutes added time

Edit - lol 11

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Just watched my DVR of the USWNT/Portugal game and holy gently caress, what complete and total garbage that was.

Absolutely horrendous performance. They deserved for that 91st minute shot from Portugal to be buried in the back of the net.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Oh well on to groups sans Lavelle so they will definitely get battered by Sweden

And if they get past Sweden, it’s likely Japan.

This US team needs to get a lot better really quickly.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

surf rock posted:

Just watched my DVR of the USWNT/Portugal game and holy gently caress, what complete and total garbage that was.

Absolutely horrendous performance. They deserved for that 91st minute shot from Portugal to be buried in the back of the net.

Pretty much, and doubly so watching it right after Japan’s clinical dismantling of Spain, tough to go from precisely coordinated sophistication to “gently caress it, just kick the ball around and someone will figure it out”

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
The more I think about it, the more I think that not having Sauerbrunn captaining the team or either Press or Swanson finishing attacks are even bigger problems for the USWNT than Vlatko (who, to be clear, still sucks).

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

It's not helping when your top goalscorer looks absolutely terrible and off the pace and your second highest goalscorer is Megan loving Rapinoe

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Shrapnig posted:

It's not helping when your top goalscorer looks absolutely terrible and off the pace and your second highest goalscorer is Megan loving Rapinoe

don't lose sight of them getting absolutely overrun in midfield and having no long progressive passing to speak of!

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

don't lose sight of them getting absolutely overrun in midfield and having no long progressive passing to speak of!

They desperately need to move Ertz back into midfield and just try to figure it the gently caress out at the back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

What the US really needs is to get thrown out of the tournament asap (1/16th will do) so that the focus can be put on the actually good teams.