Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro
Crying about how there's no freedom of speech in "Zelensky's Ukraine", after having spread enemy propaganda from inside of the invaded country during a war...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
how the gently caress is he tweeting

I hope the SBU is using his phone as bait

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

I'm pretty sure he's just been let out of prison, he hasn't escaped. Him trying to go to Hungary is him trying to get to a country that will take him in on the grounds he is claiming, I don't think there's much covert action going on here.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

NoiseAnnoys posted:

isn't like the first rule of successfully fleeing a country to not announce it in advance on the internet?

but then he wouldn't be able to be a drama queen about being disappeared into ukronazi gulag... again

Randarkman posted:

I'm pretty sure he's just been let out of prison, he hasn't escaped. Him trying to go to Hungary is him trying to get to a country that will take him in on the grounds he is claiming, I don't think there's much covert action going on here.

yes, he was probably deported from the country and invented story about daring escape or whatever

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Dwesa posted:

yes, he was probably deported from the country and invented story about daring escape or whatever

Does he claim to have conducted a daring escape? Only thing I've seen is him saying he's out and seeking political asylum in Hungary.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Randarkman posted:

Does he claim to have conducted a daring escape? Only thing I've seen is him saying he's out and seeking political asylum in Hungary.
according to him, he was released from detention after posting a bail, I meant it as 'escaping from Ukraine'

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Randarkman posted:

If you want to read the things that absolutely happened pinky promzies here's a nitter link to the thread...
https://nitter.net/GonzaloLira1968/status/1686140883387744256#m
He's already set up the grift...

quote:

All told, they extorted USD$70,000 out of me, and split it among themselves. They also took another $9k when they arrested me (my emergency cash). And another 11 grand, which was the bail money.

With the computers, iPhone, etc., I'm out an even 100k on this adventure
Guess the GoFundMe comes next

As for his release...

quote:

But here's the thing: The conditions of my bail are that I have to wear an electronic monitor, surrender my passports, and not leave the city of Kharkov, much less the country.

HOWEVER—after posting bail, I >didn't< get an ankle monitor—and they >returned< my passports.

Later at the SBU offices, they >returned other documents< they'd confiscated—my driver's license and my motorcycle registration.

In Sizo, I told an inmate how last year I'd been detained, released, but told not to leave Ukraine. He laughed. “They were telling you to leave!”

This time, it looks like the same is happening: They're telling me not to leave—but leaving the door open.

Or so I hope.

Or maybe I'm being set up by them so they can justify putting me away in a labor camp—so no one will ever know about their sordid extortion scheme.

I simply don't know. So I decided to die trying.

I rode my motorcycle across Ukraine—1,400 kms[*] in two days.

I'm going to Hungary to ask for political asylum.

When I fail to show up in court in Kharkov, an arrest warrant will be issued, likely an international warrant
It's really quite marvellous fiction.

[* this is 870 miles]

edit:

Dwesa posted:

according to him, he was released from detention after posting a bail*
* after his bail was "stolen"

How dare you do a disservice to this epic prose.

Cable Guy fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Aug 1, 2023

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Even if he *was* out 100k, it would be considered well deserved, and likely too little for the crap he did. But fine by me if he wants to continue grifting from the other idiots that think he's on the level.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

I know from a friend the guards on the UA/PL border are super alert, especially about foreigners going out of country. Like, “get out of the bus at gunpoint and show us your passport” alert. This is on contrast to a year ago, when things were kinda lax.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1686334640976449537
What's the matter? don't like it when artillery is giving you trouble the other way round?

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

zone posted:

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1686334640976449537
What's the matter? don't like it when artillery is giving you trouble the other way round?

KNULLA RUNT

TA REDA PÅ

Dra åt hellvete ryssjävlar!

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

:byetankie:

https://twitter.com/ChristopherJM/status/1686362179656687616

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/UAWeapons/status/1686332475226640385#m

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

Surely Russia has no choice but to employ nuclear weapons now, after this latest blatant russophobic provocation?

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Philonius posted:

Surely Russia has no choice but to employ nuclear weapons now, after this latest blatant russophobic provocation?

Dima made more drunken threats yesterday but for once didn't say anything about muh nooks, so idk

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

The cultural genocide of plucky little Russia continues! Sad!

zone
Dec 6, 2016

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Cable Guy posted:

If you want to read the things that absolutely happened pinky promzies here's a nitter link to the thread...
https://nitter.net/GonzaloLira1968/status/1686140883387744256#m
He's already set up the grift...

Guess the GoFundMe comes next

As for his release...

It's really quite marvellous fiction.

[* this is 870 miles]

edit:

* after his bail was "stolen"

How dare you do a disservice to this epic prose.

I know that when the (((globalist))) death squads come after me, I'll be detailing my every movement and crime (along my confession that I know what I'm doing is criminal) on my public blog tied to my name which I know for a fact the woke super soldiers are monitoring.

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Why Hungary and not Russia?

(Indirectly of course, wouldn't recommend trying to cross front lines etc)

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Wasn't gonzo arrested in Kharkiv? Why not seek asylum in Russia since the border is much closer than Hungary?

No, I don't need a serious answer to this. It's in the same realms of tankies screaming about how poo poo the west is and how China/Russia are bastions of utopia and will be moving there anyday now.

e - damit, fu Tigey!

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Tigey posted:

even Russian propagandists don't want to live in Russia

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Tigey posted:

He’d still need to go through a UA border checkpoint or risk going through no mans land slong the BY snd RU borders

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Tigey posted:

Nobody in the world wants to live in Russia, unless it's their final resort. Least of all Russian nationalists and bootlickers, lol.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Plus he'd then need to actually live in russia

E:

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Aug 1, 2023

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009

That barely scratched it, you could fix it and have it blown up again. Probably wouldn't even need to put it somewhere else.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

mobby_6kl posted:

E:

Say what you will about David Zaslav, but the HBO-Discovery merger is producing some wild HGTV content.

Burns
May 10, 2008

mobby_6kl posted:

E:

In all fairness Id do the same.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1686313621851127808#m
Since when is Romanov trying to be so honest? Everyone already knows him for a notorious liar

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Quorum posted:

Say what you will about David Zaslav, but the HBO-Discovery merger is producing some wild HGTV content.

AFU Cribs, a wild new show

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

mobby_6kl posted:

I'm at work so that's stolen from reddit, I would've made it with monke

I got you

zone
Dec 6, 2016

:laffo:

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

That actually makes me wonder. Did the whole Putin Monkey stuff predate the Dubya Monkey stuff?

SpeedFreek
Jan 10, 2008
And Im Lobster Jesus!

mobby_6kl posted:

E:

Are they going to let him keep it? I can understand if the police took the ammo for the main gun but there's a good chance the guy had his washing machine stolen, I can't blame him for keeping the tank.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

ishikabibble posted:

That actually makes me wonder. Did the whole Putin Monkey stuff predate the Dubya Monkey stuff?
Monkey Putin came out a year before the Bush monkey edits, afaik

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
thank you for doing the needful :worship:

zone posted:

Monkey Putin came out a year before the Bush monkey edits, afaik
Holy poo poo is it really that old? I seem to remember it popping up after 2014, at least.

SpeedFreek posted:

Are they going to let him keep it? I can understand if the police took the ammo for the main gun but there's a good chance the guy had his washing machine stolen, I can't blame him for keeping the tank.
Yeah I would've tried to keep it as well. But on the other hand motherlands needs it for actually shooting russians so it has to go.

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

SpeedFreek posted:

sure, they'll just confirm with the military command that they have no need for an extra T-80 during these normal times.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Alan Smithee posted:

pozdet my nyethole

:chanpop:

While I appreciate the effort to remove useless billionaires from their piles of money, something tells me the money is not being used for anything worthy of billionaire-killing absolution.

Rad Russian posted:

And almost all of Russia's billionaires are virtual billionaires by virtue of Putin making them a vassal and giving them ownership of a specific company or industry. If they die, another one will simply be appointed to take their place (and become a billionaire overnight).

Even though all the big vassals owe their whole existence to Putin, the next layer of vassals in the mafia system is harder to pinpoint with loyalty. They might be more loyal to another bigger vassal who gave them their position vs Putin directly. Basically, medieval drama plays out if there are in fact multiple factions forming.

On the other end, maybe Putin is the biggest suzerain, and he's culling the vassals that haven't been loyal enough in order to minimize the strength of defecting power.

It's one thing to purge your loyal followers, but quite another to purge the insurrectionist followers.

Kchama posted:

I was more getting at that even if it was total accidental drone strike (as Russia claims it was) on a civilian office, then RUSSIA would be screaming about the perfidious Ukrainian war crimes. Even if it was Russia who, as they claim, shot it down into that building. But they're not, so 100% chance it was a legit military target even in Russia's eyes.

Less a legit target and more a target that can't be milked for sympathy(i.e. one with casualties.

SpeedFreek posted:

I'd guess that they'll confiscate the tank and repair/part it out, and let him off without reward or punishment, as he was intending to keep it and not do nefarious things.

Ensuring military equipment is controlled and safe from partisan/deep infiltration ops is actually important, and one of the things America takes for granted thanks to Manifest Genocide Destiny.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
So Russia is absolutely going to blow up that statue now, right? something about how it is terrible that Ukraine is erasing all of Russian existence and so on.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

Flyinglemur posted:

So Russia is absolutely going to blow up that statue now, right? something about how it is terrible that Ukraine is erasing all of Russian existence and so on.
Better a statue in the middle of a field than another apartment building.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

mobby_6kl posted:

E:

Man, I'm torn on this. I understand they have better uses for a tank than letting it sit in some guys back yard, but I would totally want to keep a free tank.